PDA

View Full Version : DECA, Team name changes DURING war & SA

AstroGlide
12-05-2017, 06:38 AM
Why is it during locked weekend events there's multiple name changes ? It's an obvious cheat & no different than hacking......since it's t1-6 that does it & PLAYERS REP TEAMS it WILL NEVER BE MENTIONED IN DECA MEETINGS.....so I'm here hoping DECA SEES THIS

If name change is so important during locked events, RAISE THE PRICE FROM 50gold to 1000 gold.....look at all the $$ you'd make on the 10-15x a team changes names during SA....lmmfao

ghetto69143
12-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Why is it during locked weekend events there's multiple name changes ? It's an obvious cheat & no different than hacking......since it's t1-6 that does it & PLAYERS REP TEAMS it WILL NEVER BE MENTIONED IN DECA MEETINGS.....so I'm here hoping DECA SEES THIS

If name change is so important during locked events, RAISE THE PRICE FROM 50gold to 1000 gold.....look at all the $$ you'd make on the 10-15x a team changes names during SA....lmmfao

Its not top 1-6 teams taking advantage of simple name change.
Im in T10 and a free player that does this.
I need an advantage to remain competitive.
It cant be cheating or hacking if everyone in the game has the same advantage.

sister morphine
12-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Seems a waste of good gold to me. If you change the team name, the names of the players on the team don't change with it unless they all do the same. If you change your name as an individual, it doesn't alter your position on the team list unless you leave and rejoin. Any Intel worth the name should be able to ID you pretty quick.

Back in the days of Fight Club, when they all used the name Tyler Durden, I was able to identify enough of them from my own Mafia list to get hittable targets. ;)

ghetto69143
12-09-2017, 10:58 PM
Seems a waste of good gold to me. If you change the team name, the names of the players on the team don't change with it unless they all do the same. If you change your name as an individual, it doesn't alter your position on the team list unless you leave and rejoin. Any Intel worth the name should be able to ID you pretty quick.

Back in the days of Fight Club, when they all used the name Tyler Durden, I was able to identify enough of them from my own Mafia list to get hittable targets. ;)

I can't give it all away.
Mainly wanted to point out that it's not cheating or considered a hack when entire game has same advantage

bevsxrs
12-11-2017, 08:41 AM
This post is ridiculous. Many players that have been playing this game since it became avail shakes their head at some of the complaints posted in this forum. Complaining about “ technical issues” etc is understood. Complaining about “ it’s not fair” is less than amusing.

Just my opinion. Y’all entitled to your own thoughts,opinions and complaints. ;)

Foty
12-12-2017, 10:23 AM

Its not the single players that's being talked about. The complaint is about the top syns changing syn names to a low ranked syn to steal points during war and S.A. And not everyone has same advantage. Low syns most likely don't have players that can buy vault after vault to help boost ranks.

sister morphine
12-12-2017, 03:17 PM
Its not the single players that's being talked about. The complaint is about the top syns changing syn names to a low ranked syn to steal points during war and S.A. And not everyone has same advantage. Low syns most likely don't have players that can buy vault after vault to help boost ranks.
If that's the case, surely they could be blocked by not allowing two teams to have the same name (including attempted disguising by use of upper case where the original team uses lower case or vice versa).

DoomsdayMY
12-13-2017, 06:18 PM
It’s even easier. Only allow name changes when syndicates aren’t locked.

Foty
12-13-2017, 06:59 PM
That's what we've been asking for.

sister morphine
12-13-2017, 10:36 PM
It’s even easier. Only allow name changes when syndicates aren’t locked.
A combination of both would be best. ;)

DirtBagCronin
12-16-2017, 06:33 AM
It’s strategy... this is a game called CRIME CITY... stealing points and hiding under names is part of the game.

sister morphine
12-16-2017, 06:37 AM
It’s strategy... this is a game called CRIME CITY... stealing points and hiding under names is part of the game.
Like they're not going to score the points anyway? :confused:

DirtBagCronin
12-16-2017, 06:41 AM
They may score the points but they won’t have points to steal under the normal name

sister morphine
12-16-2017, 09:16 AM
They may score the points but they won’t have points to steal under the normal name
I still don't get the point. Surely it wouldn't take more than a couple of hits from the opposition to convince them they're not facing some lower rank team. Those teams don't have stats anywhere like top 6 (a scattering of retired - or bought? - DLs apart)

DirtBagCronin
12-16-2017, 11:12 AM
Not talking about war... talking about SA

King Ma$$
12-22-2017, 03:06 PM
Its easy to tell the difference in names via looking at the pop up screen. Capital and lower case I's and L's are a different size. If the name used has neither then there is a extra spacing somewhere because no 2 names can be exactly the same at the same time. There's always a difference.

Foty
12-23-2017, 04:35 AM
Its easy to tell the difference in names via looking at the pop up screen. Capital and lower case I's and L's are a different size. If the name used has neither then there is a extra spacing somewhere because no 2 names can be exactly the same at the same time. There's always a difference.

I was in a team where a top team stole our name before. Was same way we had it

Mr. Nezzar
12-23-2017, 05:00 AM
Lol
LoI
(Those are different)

Dirty Larry
12-23-2017, 06:40 AM
I think changing names should require some sort of signed and notarized standard form and acknowledgement from all other syndicates to ensure understanding and transparency.

King Ma$$
12-23-2017, 07:04 AM
I was in a team where a top team stole our name before. Was same way we had it

Trust me it wasn't. There's no way. Go make a syn using a name already in use....

ghetto69143
12-29-2017, 05:54 AM
This post is ridiculous. Many players that have been playing this game since it became avail shakes their head at some of the complaints posted in this forum. Complaining about “ technical issues” etc is understood. Complaining about “ it’s not fair” is less than amusing.

Just my opinion. Y’all entitled to your own thoughts,opinions and complaints. ;)
Very True

Im still baffled that you would label top teams as such.
Its funny that i don't think the team would buy vault after vault.
Join one of these top teams and you can see that its part of our strategy towards other top teams..
Im sure we don't need to do it for smaller teams. Stats help against that.
I run a camper syn that holds all my accts. I can make it to t150 by myself and still utilize a name change. The name changing can be done by t1 or t1000
Therefore everyone has the same advantage so don't feel hurt because you don't use the same strategy as the next team.
Besides, syn name changing isn't a secret strategy but it does help

ghetto69143
12-29-2017, 05:58 AM

Good to know.
Always wondered about the letters and numbers "ll" "2" "II".

Foty
12-30-2017, 03:41 AM
But what advantage would a lower ranked syn have in changing name? They could say that they are a t10 team but if they get matched to a t75, they still cant do much as most accts wouldn't have the stats needed to hit. And during sa they can put up points but if that other team wants the points and can get them, then the change has no affect. Hence wasted gold for little or no benefit. The teams that change names usually change to a team ranked about 100 to 200 spots lower.

ghetto69143
01-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Not talking about war... talking about SA

OP is referring to
War & SA
Nevertheless, Everyone has the chance to Change sydicate names and Player names
This game doesn't offer much in strategy other than when you purchase gold.
Gree already locked down all the events except Boss events.
Geez, we utilize a simple thing (which is available to all players) and didn't expect that some would be bothered.
Gree/DECA , please disregard a decision to stop name changes.

I am bothered by the choice of words such as
Obvious a cheat

a hack
When neither of these are employed.

Foty
01-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Yes everyone has the opportunity to change syn name or individual name, but the point of the post is that if no one can jump in or out, dl can't be changed, then why should name change be allowed? So they can gain the advantage of a lower ranked team that can't afford to change name 10 times a day during events. Most of the teams that change names don't need to use this tactic as they usually spend obscene amounts of money to ensure they win to get as high a rank as possible anyway.

kimberleyj
01-13-2018, 03:26 AM
It is sad and pathetic when a top team has to hide behind another name during assult to gain points from smaller teams. Either give a number limit of how many name changes a month you can have or no changing during locked events or you have to contact support for a name change. Either way things need to change. For me this is one of the reasons I can’t stand assult, I am fed up of these whimpy teams too scared to show themselfs.

Mr. Nezzar
01-13-2018, 03:55 AM
Pay attention to what's going on. I don't think they're too scared to show themselves or themselfs, but they know you'd be too scared to tap if you knew who they really were. It's strategy. Get over it.

sister morphine
01-13-2018, 11:11 PM
Pay attention to what's going on. I don't think they're too scared to show themselves or themselfs, but they know you'd be too scared to tap if you knew who they really were. It's strategy. Get over it.
Too scared? Seriously? More like give themselves a break rather than hand over their points to the big spenders. That's also strategy. ;)

Mr. Nezzar
01-14-2018, 01:24 PM
Too scared? Seriously? More like give themselves a break rather than hand over their points to the big spenders. That's also strategy. ;)

That too. Towels.

ghetto69143
01-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Yes everyone has the opportunity to change syn name or individual name,
but the point of the post is that if no one can jump in or out, dl can't be changed, then why should name change be allowed? So they can gain the advantage of a lower ranked team that can't afford to change name 10 times a day during events. Most of the teams that change names don't need to use this tactic as they usually spend obscene amounts of money to ensure they win to get as high a rank as possible anyway.

Hmm, I see what youre getting at.
Lets clarify something to create a boundary.
No one can join/ leave a syndicate should not compare to changing DL.
Half your above statement voids your Post.
Dl can be changed between wars.
So name changing is ok based on changing the DL...
Just saying.

It is sad and pathetic when a top team has to hide behind another name during assult to gain points from smaller teams. Either give a number limit of how many name changes a month you can have or no changing during locked events or you have to contact support for a name change. Either way things need to change. For me this is one of the reasons I can’t stand assult, I am fed up of these whimpy teams too scared to show themselfs.

We don't hide behind names just to take your small points.
Try being in t10 and see what's happening while we battle another team.
Let me pose a question?
Has ANY other player given you game advice to show you some strategy in any event? Or how to gain stats?

Please refrain from calling us scared...check the leaderboards. Apparently we don't look like that.

Well said.
Let a t250 pull one of us t1-t10(even t15)
They wouldn't do anything but possibly sneak in on a Skirmish in last 22sec (Ooh, a strategy!) <--- this is SA talk
funny thing is that we all have the same chance here instead of using Gree Math ( we love those legendary items )

Well said. +1
It keeps things interesting.
We all know everyone looks at the LB, and can't help but smile.
Our only downside is the long talks during the break and figuring out a new name..

Not to offend, but this is a moot point.
Crime City is labeled as an action game.
Please avoid taking away our fun because its not your style of playing.
We all play the game however we choose.
Play the game. Don't let the game play you.