PDA

View Full Version : Thread: In game lags - feedback on recent improvements

Karrazz
12-01-2017, 08:43 AM
Hi everyone!

A number of different optimizations were applied with the recent client and server updates. You should therefore start seeing improvements with the game’s performance.

In order to estimate the impact of such updates, we would like to do a new round of feedback regarding delays when you load the game or a map. By installing the latest client of the game, did you notice any improvements on those features?

If you are still experiencing abnormally slow loading times (include the loading that directly follows an account swap), please let us know about it. To speed up the investigation process, please also provide:

Your in game invite code and name
Your current client version (can be viewed in app settings of your device)
Your device’s information (model and OS version)
If possible, your latest ranking in any event

We thank you all for your help and dedication!

Have fun in game!

Karrazz

Roomboterbabbelaar
12-01-2017, 09:44 AM
Android: lag gotten much worse after datapush 29th November, see ticket #3256879 for details.

bevsxrs
12-01-2017, 10:48 AM
Having absolutely no issues since last update.

Mrs Cash
12-01-2017, 03:19 PM
Its really hard to tell when nothing is going on, but I can say the lag trying to collect and produce syndicate base materials is still ridiculous.
When I go into dh's acct on ios, its all quick, tap,tap,tap,done. On android, its still working at a snails pace.

V.7.9.5
B.312
D.cc_20171201_88885

IDs 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T700
Android 6.0.1
Wifi

sister morphine
12-02-2017, 12:56 AM
Load time has gone from five or six minutes to around two, so I'm very pleased with that. It still takes an age to open any section in the store, or opening inventory. When I was checking the version just now and tapped to close the version pop-up it took quite a while to respond.

sister morphine - 124 470 094
iPhone 4s iOS 8.3
CC 7.9.4

Sweet Virginia - 992 884 889
iPad 2 iOS 8.4
CC 7.9.4 HD

Mrs Cash
12-02-2017, 06:42 AM
Lag is definitely worse. Seriously, is it ever going to improve?!?
From collecting $, switching accounts, SB production, and attacking during bfec is excruciatingly painful. No way should it take so long to hit someone and wait so long for it to register.

V.7.9.5
B.312
D.cc_20171201_88885

IDs 888 701 464, 503 892 849, 864 348 557, 502 240 575
Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T700
Android 6.0.1
Wifi

ID 608 943 90
Kindle Fire HD8 (yes, aware its an unsupported device, games works exactly the same as my Samsung, same issues)
Fire OS 5.6.0.0
Wifi

bevsxrs
12-03-2017, 04:36 PM
Having absolutely no issues since last update.

Yup! Lag issues have again found me. ugh.

bevsxrs
12-11-2017, 07:32 PM
With iOS updated and fresh install of CC I haven’t had any issues with game play or lag. Recently contacted support and my issue was resolved in a timely and friendly manner.

Tap tap tapping away :)

Mrs Cash
12-12-2017, 05:36 AM
Smh, forced Android update, and its just amazing how the lag remains the same. You suck. Thanks for NOTHING.

Dat Guy
12-13-2017, 02:27 AM
Lag had gotten significantly worse.

Here are some times to give you an idea of how bad it has gotten:
Time to completely open the game, One minute fifty five seconds.
Time to collect cash, 28 seconds.
Time to upgrade building, 27 seconds.
Time to use all energy, 24 seconds.
Time to summon Raid Boss, 36 seconds.
Time to kill Raid Boss, 23 seconds.

Here is where the suckfest really begins in earnest:
Time to buy item from black market, one minute fifteen seconds.
Time to open sawmill, collect wood and start producing again, TWO MINUTES THIRTY FOUR SECONDS.

This game has slowly become unplayable. It takes way too long to do anything. I don't even go to syndicate base anymore.

What happened to the great bug killer?

ID 650 485 905
Version 7.9.6
Build 313
Cc_20171212_89054
Samsung galaxy tab e on wifi

DoomsdayMY
12-13-2017, 06:03 PM
iOS is fine after the fix. The Android fixes did nothing except make it slower. The device makes no difference. I have the latest Experia tablet and my 5 year old Nexus 7 is about the same speed.

The changes to the districts is completely idiotic. It has no effect on performance but now you have to wait for districts to download!!!! That makes things even slower. With the time and effort that went into that waste of time, you could have done something useful like start to clean up the inventory. Start with something simple like the SA items. I could script that in about half an hour.

How do you eat an elephant? On piece at a time. There are a lot of little things you can do that will add up. Unless you get rid of more inventory items than you add, it will only get slower. I still don’t understand Greg’s response to the suggestion of rationalising the inventory (September meeting). Surely you can simply remove items once you’ve zero’d the values?

If memory is the issue, get your devs to make sure that all the variables are held in arrays, not individually. That makes a massive difference to memory usage.

DoomsdayMY
12-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Lag had gotten significantly worse.

Here are some times to give you an idea of how bad it has gotten:
Time to completely open the game, One minute fifty five seconds.
Time to collect cash, 28 seconds.
Time to upgrade building, 27 seconds.
Time to use all energy, 24 seconds.
Time to summon Raid Boss, 36 seconds.
Time to kill Raid Boss, 23 seconds.

Here is where the suckfest really begins in earnest:
Time to buy item from black market, one minute fifteen seconds.
Time to open sawmill, collect wood and start producing again, TWO MINUTES THIRTY FOUR SECONDS.

This game has slowly become unplayable. It takes way too long to do anything. I don't even go to syndicate base anymore.

What happened to the great bug killer?

ID 650 485 905
Version 7.9.6
Build 313
Cc_20171212_89054
Samsung galaxy tab e on wifi

It takes me 7 minutes to collect and build 5 items in the syndicate base.

Mrs Cash
12-14-2017, 06:34 AM
Its hard to remain competitive when you can't do anything within a reasonable time frame.
Why the hell should it take over 10 minutes to produce 5 materials in the Syndicate Base? And 10 minutes is being generous.
It sucks, period.

What exactly prompted the latest forced Android update? Were any issues even addressed/fixed? Doesn't look like it.
Lag is actually worse.
Still cannot delete syndicate forum posts.
Help/contact email address still wrong.
Raid Boss leaderboards still don't work.
Blah, blah, blah, etc and so on...

Dat Guy
12-20-2017, 05:36 AM
Here's some more feedback on the recent updates:

I can no longer one click clear jobs. I can use all of my energy but if I try to clear just one or two goals, I get the following message, "We Encountered an Error Please close and reopen the window" I close and reopen it and its just says the same thing over and over.

Time to kill a single boss averaged out over six bosses, 57 seconds.
Time just to switch from revenge tab to syndicate revenge tab averaged over six taps, 38 seconds.

This game is just painful to "play"!

How am I supposed to compete with other players when it takes so long to do anything?

sister morphine
12-21-2017, 03:39 AM
I lost 15 gold to the stupid lag today. Tapped to fight the boss, but nothing happened and the button colour didn't go darker like it normally does; thought I hadn't done it properly so hit it again only to trigger a gold hit. Not happy at all

Mrs Cash
12-22-2017, 02:25 PM
This game is severly broken. Under normal circumstances, I should have had no problem getting 50 bosses in an hour. I thought it was a risk, and would have been happy doing 40, just to get to 150. And I proved it wasn't doable on Android. I was only able to get to 143, and that is because of that ridiculously pathetic lag that they can't seem to fix, or care about fixing. Why is it that iOS can trigger, summon and take down a boss in about 30 seconds, yet it takes Android 3 to 4 times longer? Sometimes its even longer. ****ty programmers or ****ty servers...whatever.

King Ma$$
12-22-2017, 03:24 PM
Most android lag is due to OS being out of date. Then combined with RAM and processing abilities. Now here comes the nut kicker, the rest of the is due to catering to Apple. Ever since iOS 10, android has suffered due to the game itself not being able to function on it. Then got worse with 11.

Try being on android 4.4.2 when it 30 minutes to collect and make 5 resources. Each boss takes 45-90 seconds depending on time of day. Double indi in SA taking 15 minutes while crashing twice, and that's without either opponent hitting. Worse if one is hitting. So you'll get no pity from me on lag

Frankly the game isn't fixable, they won't take the nessacary steps needed due to cost and time. The game is outta date due to piss poor development over the course of many years, whether it was Funzio or gree. Why you think gree bailed? Why you think Funzio rebailed after taking over? Sorry to say this but it is the truth..... Deca buys dying games and those games do as such, die. Now accept it and find a new game lol

Dat Guy
12-23-2017, 05:10 AM
Frankly the game isn't fixable, they won't take the nessacary steps needed due to cost and time. The game is outta date due to piss poor development over the course of many years, whether it was Funzio or gree. Why you think gree bailed? Why you think Funzio rebailed after taking over? Sorry to say this but it is the truth..... Deca buys dying games and those games do as such, die. Now accept it and find a new game lol

Unfortunately, I think you are one hundred percent correct.

Tenoralove
01-02-2018, 10:28 PM
My game won't load l just spent $300 for gold left for about an hour when I returned to my game it wouldn't load, it says that it can't connect to server need internet connection I have internet in fact a very high speed internet and it won't work, I uninstalled the reinstalled the app and it just won't work, I did a factory reset on my phone and it STILL WONT WORK I'm at my wit's end

TZora
01-02-2018, 10:38 PM
omg a factory reset.. jeez thought i was the only crazy one to uninstall/reinstall the game several times. you sir, clearly outclassed me in troubleshooting ur phone over a dud game hehehe

Foty
01-03-2018, 05:24 AM
Try being on android 4.4.2 when it 30 minutes to collect and make 5 resources. Each boss takes 45-90 seconds depending on time of day. Double indi in SA taking 15 minutes while crashing twice, and that's without either opponent hitting. Worse if one is hitting. So you'll get no pity from me on lag.

Sounds like you need a new device. That's why you have lag. Droid 4.4 came out in 2013. Many improvements since then. You can get a cheap current device for about 100 bucks.

Dat Guy
01-04-2018, 01:23 AM
Sounds like you need a new device. That's why you have lag. Droid 4.4 came out in 2013. Many improvements since then. You can get a cheap current device for about 100 bucks.

So send me a hundred bucks and I will buy one!

Dat Guy
01-09-2018, 12:43 AM
Here is another video showing all the fun that is Hate and Revenge.
The lag has just gotten progressively worse, I am now to the point that I hate this game.
I Challenge the developers to sit and watch this video without fast forwarding to get a sense of what it's like for Android players. The game is unplayable. Notice in the video the player I hit for the syndicate revenge has somewhere north of 870,000 revenge points. The event had only been live for three hours at that point.
How are we Android players supposed to compete against numbers like that? It would take me DAYS to get to that level. It took me eight minutes to do two attacks and fight off one boss. EIGHT minutes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c4nDdfbPBXyCqZOhg1oosOxmrfOdJ3us/view?usp=sharing

DoomsdayMY
01-09-2018, 05:11 AM
I could play on Android during H&R before the US woke up. Once they did, I can hardly load the game on Android. That’s server capacity, not client issues.

Foty
01-09-2018, 07:43 AM
The lag has just gotten progressively worse, I am now to the point that I hate this game.
I Challenge the developers to sit and watch this video without fast forwarding to get a sense of what it's like for Android players. The game is unplayable. Notice in the video the player I hit for the syndicate revenge has somewhere north of 870,000 revenge points. The event had only been live for three hours at that point.
How are we Android players supposed to compete against numbers like that? It would take me DAYS to get to that level. It took me eight minutes to do two attacks and fight off one boss. EIGHT minutes.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c4nDdfbPBXyCqZOhg1oosOxmrfOdJ3us/view?usp=sharing

I feel your pain. Your boosts were already almost half gone by the time you got in to do a hit. That is completely unacceptable. While mine isn't as bad as yours, (I think maybe 5 mins to do all) its still making this event unplayable for most. This is just one of the reasons that more and more leave H&R alone.

sister morphine
01-09-2018, 10:58 PM
How are we Android players supposed to compete against numbers like that? It would take me DAYS to get to that level.
On day one when I logged on seven hours into the event, I'd been hit by a well known player who had well over 4 million points on the board! ;) How the heck do you do that?!!!!

As for the lag, thankfully I'm unaffected on iOS (or not noticeably, shall we say). It's completely unacceptable though.

Mrs Cash
01-10-2018, 02:32 PM
My game won't load l just spent $300 for gold left....

Oh, I keep typing, and backspacing, and typing, and backspacing...so many snarky comments keep popping into my head, luckily I had the insight to shut up.

KrysTall
01-17-2018, 05:51 PM
Its broken

HavingFun
01-17-2018, 07:30 PM
nice, an improvement thread. Haha

Pete Delgado
01-17-2018, 07:40 PM
Lags are worse for android..wtf

Pete Delgado
01-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Wow that blows

HavingFun
01-17-2018, 08:20 PM
The extra lag on Android is one of many "recent improvements"

Mrs Cash
03-05-2018, 03:20 PM
The extra lag on Android is one of many "recent improvements"

Some things just never change. BfEC just ended, HCB, EB and LTQ are up and the lag is excruciating. Come on already!!!!!!

HavingFun
03-05-2018, 06:37 PM
There is now a new lag on iOS that makes you have to restart the game once it hits you. Jeez all these new improvements are almost over whelming.

bevsxrs
03-05-2018, 07:48 PM
There is now a new lag on iOS that makes you have to restart the game once it hits you. Jeez all these new improvements are almost over whelming.

Was horrible during battles, worse with hardcore boss event now.

ghetto69143
03-06-2018, 04:25 PM
That's too funny
Im on an LGK7 droid and people keep telling me my device is outdated...smdh.
Its funny that I always get serious lag when an LTQ and some other event is live at same time.
When LTQ disappears, so does lag. Not completely, but enough to keep me playing.
Sure does feel like the game is "literally" dying.
I sure do hope the game gets back to this "so-called" normal...

sister morphine
03-06-2018, 10:44 PM
It clears after just under a minute. Can't speak for others but it takes longer than that to reload the game for me ;)

Mrs Cash
03-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Seriously, I really cannot take much more of this lag. They know the ltq along with weekend events creates a lag, so they ended the combination. They don't think that ltqs and boss events have a lag? News flash, they do. Bad enough the lag was bad with the hardcore boss with a 4 day ltq, they just had to throw a 24 hr ltq into the mix for ****s and giggles? Really?!?!?!
I have been contemplating leaving the game a lot in the last few weeks. I really don't want to, but it just takes too damn long to do things in this game. It's just not fun anymore.

TZora
03-10-2018, 04:07 AM
the first thing they need to get rid of is the animations. for example: attack an opponent, shutter close, shutter open, result of the attack. why do u have to waste 10 seconds for that effing shutter close/open?

same thing with boss attacks, boss shoots and our player stabs with knife .. 10 seconds wasted .. then the result. amd all the crazy lag on boss appearing on screen, attack/stab, boss falling .. the same thing over and over and over and again for 100 times. jeez.. it is boring, it is annoying and it is ludicrous.

please get rid of those pesky lag-ridden animations.

Dat Guy
03-10-2018, 06:04 AM
the first thing they need to get rid of is the animations. for example: attack an opponent, shutter close, shutter open, result of the attack. why do u have to waste 10 seconds for that effing shutter close/open?

same thing with boss attacks, boss shoots and our player stabs with knife .. 10 seconds wasted .. then the result. amd all the crazy lag on boss appearing on screen, attack/stab, boss falling .. the same thing over and over and over and again for 100 times. jeez.. it is boring, it is annoying and it is ludicrous.

please get rid of those pesky lag-ridden animations.

But it's so realistic when the boss sits there and shoots at me for up to thirty seconds, without reloading, while I stab away at him or her from ten feet away.
Without those animated scenes this game would feel totally fake.

TZora
03-10-2018, 04:10 PM
Without those animated scenes this game would feel totally fake.

oohhkay! so that's what it was all about? knew there was a greater purpose for those pesky animations!! :rolleyes:

bevsxrs
03-10-2018, 10:21 PM
oohhkay! so that's what it was all about? knew there was a greater purpose for those pesky animations!! :rolleyes:

Hehe. At least y’all still managing to have a sense of humor ;) or we’ve all lost our minds. lol.

TZora
03-11-2018, 07:42 PM
mmm..mind? all u need is a fat credit card to play this game lol

bevsxrs
03-11-2018, 08:35 PM
mmm..mind? all u need is a fat credit card to play this game lol

Ummm yeah. Can I borrow yours? Haha ;)

TZora
03-12-2018, 07:59 AM
mine is way too slim, wont like it :(