PDA

View Full Version : Game Center-iOS 11 issues

Spooneron
10-10-2017, 02:05 AM
Hello Mobsters,

We have received reports that some of you have been facing issues with switching accounts using Game Center post iOS 11 update. Please use this thread to share with us more information on the issues. It would be great if you could please reply with the exact steps for us to be able to reproduce the error.

Please also include the following information
Player IDs:
Device you are using, and any other iOS devices you might have tried with:

Thank you for your support.
Spooneron

POW!
10-10-2017, 05:15 AM
Problem started late August on iOS 10 before last cc update. Loading time over 60 seconds. Has progressively gotten worse since then. Loading time is up to 3 minutes now.

iPhone 6s Plus. iOS 11.

I retired my big mini and mini syndicate because it takes way too long to load game for each account.

Currently only playing main account. Have to log in 5-8 minutes prior to blitz to be in on time. And cannot close app in final 5 minutes of a battle to check chats because there won’t be enough time to get back in.

I hope a fix is coming ASAP. It’s changed the way people play. Not only is it wasting hours of time during the weekend watching the loading screen. It’s become frustrating to the point it’s not worth the aggravation.

Butters1
10-10-2017, 09:48 AM
Spooneron,

Please see previous thread with Lag issues as it contains most of the information you are looking for. What POW stated is correct, however, I believe the issue goes back to July, I noticed it on my IPad Air 2 with IOS10 and continued when I went to IOS11 Public beta on the same device. The load is getting worse and switching accounts on the IPAD Air 2 and IPhone 7 regardless of IOS takes an extended amount of time, in fact several members in my syndicate have missed events because of the lag. This issue based on feedback from other syndicates is not an isolated issue it a game wide issues when IOS or Android, (Ive heard Android is worse).

The exact steps are basically switching account..not sure what else you could possibly be looking for.

If you want more information or a bunch of ID's with users have the same issue, feel free to email me and I will provide them to you.
My ID's are: 958105784 - IOS11 Public Beta - Lag issues and switching account issues. Device: Ipad Air 2
360732587 - Issues with IOS 10 and IOS 11.0.2 - IPhone 7
777783586 - Login Lag issues and switching accounts while on IPhone 7 with IOS 11. Did not have an issue with IOS 10 but does with 11. Switching between accounts takes upwords of 10-15 minutes.

Thank you,

POW!
10-10-2017, 11:49 AM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Get gets stuck on manifest 100%. Total load time two minutes forty nine seconds.

Also in App Store it shows last 5 version updates were in last 10 minutes. 7.8.2-7.9.3. With 7.9.3 saying 1 minute ago.

It’s been around 20 minutes now since I reinstalled and it’s still showing those update times.

Rd64
10-10-2017, 07:25 PM
Hello Mobsters,

We have received reports that some of you have been facing issues with switching accounts using Game Center post iOS 11 update. Please use this thread to share with us more information on the issues. It would be great if you could please reply with the exact steps for us to be able to reproduce the error.

Please also include the following information
Player IDs:
Device you are using, and any other iOS devices you might have tried with:

Thank you for your support.
Spooneron
Have an older iPad ios 6 that worked fine up to recently.
Takes 5-7 minutes to load regardless of older iPad or iPhone 7. And increases in time regularly. My android devices are beginning to lag the same as iOS devices started to awhile back.

POW!
10-17-2017, 06:50 AM
Anything on this?

Butters1
10-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Doubtful. From what I've noticed they simple ask and never update. See all the previous posts on this issue going back to July. Honestly, if this were my company there would be people replaced. I have sadly had to terminate people for lack of competence like we are seeing now. Would hate to see how many people have quit and the loss of revenue caused by these issues.

POW!
10-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Players aren’t responding either. If most are willing to keep their mouths shut and simply live with it then so will the company.

Butters1
10-17-2017, 03:57 PM
And that's why I've posted on every thread. Providing as much detail as possible. Even sent in tickets to the support team with zero response

killbillbst
10-18-2017, 11:16 AM
I first mentioned this when I was on the iOS beta. Thought any developer would also be running the betas internally for testing

Spooneron
10-19-2017, 02:49 AM
Hello Again Mobsters,

Thanks for sharing the details. We are trying to get to the root of the problem which has many dimensions to it (like region,connection, latency(distance to servers), App build, device build- combined together with Player account specifics). Unfortunately we don't have a direct solution yet and hence we had no information to share with you. However, please don't think that we are not reading your replies or are not taking them into account for our investigations.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Spooneron

Lulubelle
10-19-2017, 03:56 AM
Ditto, still and it is pushing the end of october.

POW!
10-20-2017, 09:06 AM
I have a question that I’d like to have answered. I think it will help many people.

Personally I was having this issue prior to iOS 11. Granted not as bad. But since it’s being blamed on iOS 11. Would you suggest to people to downgrade if they’re considering it?

I myself don’t have a iOS 10 backup. And this is my personal and business phone. So I’d lose everything and basically be starting over. But I’ve become so frustrated with this. To the point I feel like I’m being robbed of a investment. And forced out. As silly as it sounds that’s exactly what it feels like.

So again. Would devs recommend doing this if one is thinking about it? Since it’s being blamed solely on iOS 11. That should remedy the problem right? Please consider personal Data loss in a answer.

I look forward to a response. Thanks in advance.

greenwall
10-23-2017, 07:37 AM
I think developers need to know the only difference between iOS 10.x and 11, was the OS upgrade. The app remained the same both before and after the upgrade. My experience has been thee game went from 20-30 second load time (iOS 10.3.3 I believe) to 3+ minutes POST 11.0.1 upgrade. The new load time is still the same on 11.0.3.

This is on an iPhone 7, so it's not as if I'm running a phone older than 1 year.

I also found that the display timeout setting (dim first then eventually sleep mode) will cause the app to crash if the game has not been fully loaded before the screen goes blank. I have to keep tapping the screen to keep it alive... which leads to this other observation...

What is very odd is those "taps" or swipes used to keep the screen alive (during the loading of the game), have buffered up and when the game finally loads, drives that input to cause the game to think I'm actually clicking on a building and if I tap the right spot, attempt to confirm selling whatever building it was clicked on (which I don't want to do, but because of this 3+ minute load time I have to keep tapping it). I am not going to change my power settings for the sake of the game, as I would like to conserve battery life on my phone due to the higher power consumption that iOS 11 has already proven to take.

Right now time sensitive events are really driving the fun out of the game. I cannot participate in end of battle blitzes (typical of Street Assaults or even HCBoss). Game takes too long to load from our third party chat app where we communicate and discuss strategy.

This has been now almost 2 months (not counting developer time with iOS 11 beta before general release) of waiting only to see the time go from bad to worse. Any resolution to this as playing on an iPad (iOS 10.3.3) is a work around, but I am not going to carry that around just to play during the day (especially at work). My spending has stopped effective this past weekend and will not resume until after this is fixed.

Vile Lynn
10-24-2017, 02:31 PM
I was having the same long load issue on my iOS phone. I noticed my CC app was HUGE! abnormally huge, like 2.2G. It should be around 250-375 MB! After deleting and reinstalling CC, no more long load times! (I have not updated to iOS 11 yet)

To check your CC size, look in Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down to find CC.

Reinstalling is usually an easy fix for most issues when it is device-specific & not game-wide.
No worries about losing your game, or your accounts or any progress because all data is kept server side.

greenwall
10-27-2017, 12:15 PM
I was having the same long load issue on my iOS phone. I noticed my CC app was HUGE! abnormally huge, like 2.2G. It should be around 250-375 MB! After deleting and reinstalling CC, no more long load times! (I have not updated to iOS 11 yet)

To check your CC size, look in Settings>General>Storage & iCloud Usage>Manage Storage and scroll down to find CC.

Reinstalling is usually an easy fix for most issues when it is device-specific & not game-wide.
No worries about losing your game, or your accounts or any progress because all data is kept server side.

91 MB is current storage on device. I do the "dump and load" every 4-6 months as I know it can collect and store data over time. I seem to recall doing it when I first went to iOS 11 in hopes that would do something to improve load times. It continued to be slow and to make matters worse, I had to go back and change all settings on profiles to hide decorations, turn off all sounds, etc.

POW!
10-27-2017, 09:08 PM
A month ago the response to this issue was an optimized update waiting for approval. This month it turns out that there actually isn’t an optimized update waiting for approval. But one is being worked on. And it can’t be put in for approval until forced updates are sent out to old users because it contains a new game feature. So we’re still a long ways away from an update that might not fix this problem.

But for good measure. Instructions are given in this thread by a mod for a basic uninstall and reinstall. Calling the issue device specific. Basically telling the people who are having this problem it’s you not us.

What it boils down to is there’s really no fix coming. And its our fault as players. They’re stringing us along again. If you want to rid of this issue then buy a brand new phone and hope it’s not having this problem. Or live with it.

Thanks for the update vile Lynn.

Vile Lynn
10-28-2017, 08:31 PM
A month ago the response to this issue was an optimized update waiting for approval. This month it turns out that there actually isn’t an optimized update waiting for approval. But one is being worked on. And it can’t be put in for approval until forced updates are sent out to old users because it contains a new game feature. So we’re still a long ways away from an update that might not fix this problem.

But for good measure. Instructions are given in this thread by a mod for a basic uninstall and reinstall. Calling the issue device specific. Basically telling the people who are having this problem it’s you not us.

What it boils down to is there’s really no fix coming. And its our fault as players. They’re stringing us along again. If you want to rid of this issue then buy a brand new phone and hope it’s not having this problem. Or live with it.

Thanks for the update vile Lynn.

Yes & no & maybe... Yes, lots of times it is the device or as you said 'the players fault.' No, they are not stringing anybody along; a fix is in the works! And maybe it will work, maybe not. They need time to test it and get it approved.

Don't hate me for being the messenger but Android devices are getting too old too fast and more times than not: it's the device, not the app. Don't have to tell me, either... I know, it sucks! I had to stop playing on my 1st gen iPad a few years back, and I am still not happy about it.

wawoftam
10-30-2017, 03:36 AM

Mine is only 92MB and is having lag issues logging in. up to 3 mins per account which is crazy. Located in Australia if it helps the collection of data. been happening well before IOS update was loaded on phone. Happens using wifi or data

Butters1
11-03-2017, 10:05 AM
Lynn. I checked my storage on my Ipad Air 2 IOS 11x public beta. My CC shows 89.1MB in size
On IPhone 7 IOS 11.x CC shows 91.2MB. Both of them are the current version of the App

Vile Lynn
11-03-2017, 11:55 AM
Mine is only 92MB and is having lag issues logging in. up to 3 mins per account which is crazy. Located in Australia if it helps the collection of data. been happening well before IOS update was loaded on phone. Happens using wifi or data

There are other reasons for having longer than normal load times... it might just be your device. I'm not saying it IS, but it could be. At least now you know a huge CC app is not the cause.

Lynn. I checked my storage on my Ipad Air 2 IOS 11x public beta. My CC shows 89.1MB in size
On IPhone 7 IOS 11.x CC shows 91.2MB. Both of them are the current version of the App

Please re-read my post: My storage "fix" does NOT apply to players who have already updated to iOS11...
A client update is on the way for those players who have update to iOS11.

And, as past history with updates have not gone well, never ever expect these apps (CC, MW, KA) to work on the beta versions... or even when the update is first publicly released... I'm not telling anybody what to do on their devices or what they can update, just passing on my experiences and what others have posted here :)

Vile Lynn
05-09-2018, 04:53 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been completely fixed...

Dj ANGERFiST
05-09-2018, 10:27 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been completely fixed...

Yeah havent heard any issues on this for some time