PDA

View Full Version : Loading time

POW!
09-26-2017, 04:00 PM
I’m up to 3 minutes now. It’s getting worse. People spending hours of their day waiting for a game to load. You better do something about it fast. Or that’s going to be the end. No one has time for that man.

sister morphine
09-26-2017, 10:21 PM
You're making me jealous; my old phone takes six minutes to load this game! ;)

bevsxrs
09-27-2017, 12:47 PM
I've experienced no issues loading game.

DoomsdayMY
09-28-2017, 01:15 AM
ios 11 increases the load time fourfold - 30 seconds to over 2 minutes on an iPad Air 2, and longer on older iPads and iPhones. Android loads fast then sucks when you do anything.

If you run multiple account on Apple - DO NOT UPGRADE to ios 11. There's nothing good in it (I hate it already) and you'll just waste a lot of time.

POW!
09-28-2017, 07:15 AM
This problem started months before iOS 11. Granted it’s gotten worse with iOS 11 but it’s a problem that’s progressively gotten worse. And continues to get worse. It can’t be blamed solely on the iOS update. This is something on their end they need to get ironed out and quickly. This is a problem that has a lot of people ready to jump ship. I myself am just about fed up with it. It’s ridiculous how much time it’s taking. Many times I’m spending more time waiting for the game to open than actually being in game. That’s not going to fly much longer. It’s changing things for many.

bevsxrs
09-28-2017, 11:13 AM
I haven't updated to iOS 11, not planning to right away. Have multiple accounts on my phone, and haven't had any issues loading game or switching between players. Hopeful it remains that way :)

Foty
09-29-2017, 04:51 PM
I'm on droid. Every time I switch accts, I have to reload game as it tells me there was an unexpected error and forces closes on me

Vile Lynn
09-30-2017, 05:13 PM
I’m up to 3 minutes now. It’s getting worse. People spending hours of their day waiting for a game to load. You better do something about it fast. Or that’s going to be the end. No one has time for that man.
Hi POW! Hang in there.... it's been reported and their top priority

I haven't updated to iOS 11, not planning to right away. Have multiple accounts on my phone, and haven't had any issues loading game or switching between players. Hopeful it remains that way :)
Hi Bevsxrs! ;)
I'm not updating to iOS11 until I absolutely have to

I'm on droid. Every time I switch accts, I have to reload game as it tells me there was an unexpected error and forces closes on me
Hi Foty! This should be fixed... well, it should only happen once, I think.

I know they are working on load times and have been since it's been an issue and has gotten worse with iOS11. We've been reporting it and reporting it all along and they know... they know...

I'm only on iOS. Sometimes my games load fast, sometime it takes forever... it feels very random without tracking anything, like which accts are loading on which devices, etc... not sure I'd even notice a trend if I spent the time tracking it, heh!
[I best stick to tapping for the fun of it!]

killbillbst
10-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Actually timed it swapping accounts yesterday, 4 minutes 24 seconds :rolleyes:

Vile Lynn
10-03-2017, 08:33 AM
Actually timed it swapping accounts yesterday, 4 minutes 24 seconds :rolleyes:

Hi killbillbst :)
iOS or Android? Device type?
(I'd guess Android but wouldn't want to assume)

Have you tried reinstalling?
Don't ask me how or why, but reinstalling helps sometimes.

In general, any extra info you can give to help them recreate the issue is helpful. It's easier to fix an issue if they can recreate it, and the more details, the better. As always, thanks for reporting!

POW!
10-03-2017, 03:10 PM
Still nothing on this? My loading time is over 3 minutes now.

killbillbst
10-04-2017, 04:03 AM
We've had two long term players quit our syndicate this week over this. Think it was the last straw

POW!
10-06-2017, 07:23 AM
I have a question.

What’s the cut off loading time before it’s declared broken and cannot be logged into? Is it 2 minutes? 3? 4? 5?

POW!
10-06-2017, 07:51 PM
Look at this. Nothing.

sister morphine
10-06-2017, 10:56 PM
I have a question.

What’s the cut off loading time before it’s declared broken and cannot be logged into? Is it 2 minutes? 3? 4? 5?
Not sure what your question means. My game takes 6 minutes + to load though. Don't think there's any cut-off.

Vile Lynn
10-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Last week, my 2yo iPhone6s log-in/loading time was bad (longer than 2mins), but it's back to my typical 20-25s, and I am not updating to iOS11 until I have to.

As long as my device logs in to CC, I'm good! I guess it depends on your tolerance...
But, anything longer than a min is too long and Deca is tirelessly working to reduce load times as their #1 priority at the moment.

iPhones older than 6s will probably be getting worse and worse as far as loading times go... blame it on planned obsolescence :rolleyes:

Foty
10-09-2017, 03:47 AM
Hi Foty! This should be fixed... well, it should only happen once, I think.
]

Issue has gotten worse in past month. Used to be random, now its every time I switch accts.

bevsxrs
10-09-2017, 10:29 PM
Last week, my 2yo iPhone6s log-in/loading time was bad (longer than 2mins), but it's back to my typical 20-25s, and I am not updating to iOS11 until I have to.

As long as my device logs in to CC, I'm good! I guess it depends on your tolerance...
But, anything longer than a min is too long and Deca is tirelessly working to reduce load times as their #1 priority at the moment.

iPhones older than 6s will probably be getting worse and worse as far as loading times go... blame it on planned obsolescence :rolleyes:

I've got iPhone 5 and 5s. No issues after I uninstalled, reinstalled the game. Freed up a lot of storage.

Also haven't updated to iOS 11. Not until I have to either!

Vile Lynn
10-13-2017, 12:13 AM
I've got iPhone 5 and 5s. No issues after I uninstalled, reinstalled the game. Freed up a lot of storage.

Also haven't updated to iOS 11. Not until I have to either!

Thanks for the confirmation about reinstalling!

A lot of iOS players are having to do this for some reason; it seems to help... and can't hurt!
(No worries about losing any progress in your game: that data is kept server-side)

I'm glad it worked for you, too!

Foty
10-23-2017, 05:30 AM
Thanks for the confirmation about reinstalling!

A lot of iOS players are having to do this for some reason; it seems to help... and can't hurt!
(No worries about losing any progress in your game: that data is kept server-side)

I'm glad it worked for you, too!

The possibility of getting a new mini most likely stops people from doing this. If you can guarantee that no new accts would start, a lot would probably do a reinstall first.