PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the events...

HellRaizer
09-12-2017, 12:01 AM
H&V
Hardcore Boss
24 LTQ with speed
LTQ with speed
Crate Event

This isn't gonna help with lag.

Would be nice to see a Deca mod reply

ju100
09-12-2017, 12:53 AM
I'm ready to bet they'll say they are under another ddos attack.

When in fact it's just our clients trying to sync all these events.

a hug for you
09-12-2017, 03:44 AM
game is virtually unplayable at the moment,..got the spinning blue circle of death. The lag now is so bad its taking almost 15 mins to kill 1 H/C boss.

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Many things in this world change by the hour.

You can count on GREEDECA to be a steadying force during these times of nuclear threats, horrocanes, poverty, hunger, job losses, and upheaval.

Thank you, GREEDECA, you keep us sane. :rolleyes:

Cuombajj
09-13-2017, 12:44 AM
Strange that player base decreases but lags increase. My guess is they turned down on server power massively to save costs. I bet lags can be easily fixed if game moved to more powerful servers. But that costs money.

solper
09-13-2017, 01:16 AM
As a player I am not happy.
They know LTQ make lag and they do not warn us about it.

We are free testers and it looks like some can play and others can not.
They who can play, they score big and they who can not getting more and more behind.
Compensation fore not be able to play, what is that?

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-13-2017, 09:51 PM
As a player I am not happy.They know LTQ make lag and they do not warn us about it.We are free testers and it looks like some can play and others can not.They who can play, they score big and they who can not getting more and more behind.Compensation fore not be able to play, what is that?

Think about WWE.

Everyone knows WWE is just pretend.

This is pretend, accept that fact, the true value is known, everyone has real important stuff to tend to: family, job, health, money, house, car, education, etc...

The less you care about something, the more unimportant it becomes to you....

solper
09-14-2017, 07:57 AM
I love it

Do not understand what WWE mean.

Annihilator2
09-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Strange that player base decreases but lags increase. My guess is they turned down on server power massively to save costs. I bet lags can be easily fixed if game moved to more powerful servers. But that costs money.

Powerful servers cannot compensate bad programming.
I have enough experience as programmer for this statement.

Annihilator2
09-14-2017, 01:06 PM
As a player I am not happy.
They know LTQ make lag and they do not warn us about it.

Every event makes a lag: H&V is very slow; HB is very slow - both are slow themselves without relation to LTQ lag.

Another example is FL on end of event and in FF time.

Etc., etc.

Multiple events multiply slowness and lags.

solper
09-14-2017, 02:10 PM
Annikilator2
I have enough experience as developer for this statement.
LTQ make lag.

:)

Genen
09-14-2017, 06:58 PM
I see some people still posting on this forum

Cuombajj
09-15-2017, 06:11 AM
Powerful servers cannot compensate bad programming.
I have enough experience as programmer for this statement.

Sure they can. Put inefficient code on a super computer and it will quickly. If you write efficient code/queries, it will reduce the need for powerful servers. MW is one big database of a game, and there is obviously too much data and requests going into servers per user.

Also if code didn't change much but the player base decreased, what else do you blame for lag?

HellRaizer
09-15-2017, 09:39 AM
Sure they can. Put inefficient code on a super computer and it will quickly. If you write efficient code/queries, it will reduce the need for powerful servers. MW is one big database of a game, and there is obviously too much data and requests going into servers per user.

Also if code didn't change much but the player base decreased, what else do you blame for lag?

Throwing up more servers may help with the service layer.. However, no amount of servers will speed up database contention if it's down to coding..

I work on high volume (petabyte) databases in the finance area, and if you have bad code, you're F'd

Speed ump
09-15-2017, 12:31 PM
So then the only real question that remains to be asked. What’s the best lubricant for that.

Annihilator2
09-17-2017, 12:42 PM
Throwing up more servers may help with the service layer.. However, no amount of servers will speed up database contention if it's down to coding..

I work on high volume (petabyte) databases in the finance area, and if you have bad code, you're F'd

Fully agree! Bad code eliminates power of servers. Specially when all queries come to one database without any help from replication, cluster, loadbalancing and other smart words in the area.

This is similar to increasing memory for solving memory lick - increasing memory will never help against memory lick.

Annihilator2
09-17-2017, 12:46 PM

As described above, this statement is wrong. Servers cannot help.

WBS
09-19-2017, 07:52 PM

In the words of Hillary Clinton, you blame Russia.

Cuombajj
09-19-2017, 11:30 PM
Not saying it's a solution to throw more servers at the game, but I feel that servers were taken away from the game, to save costs. That will make thing worse no matter if programming is good or bad.

Brunstock
10-26-2017, 07:49 AM
I see some people still posting on this forum

Including yourself

AstroGlide
10-26-2017, 01:30 PM
As fast as I can tell, Deca is doing all it can to keep game running while trying to sort though logs filled with unused weapons & inventory....yes, all the retired &/or unused accts are a major problem that can not LEGALLY just be deleted, , SO new codes &/OR maybe even create an "Update" to allow only "Active accts" into new server/system will help with the lag !

Tinker
10-29-2017, 11:45 AM
So then the only real question that remains to be asked. What’s the best lubricant for that.

My girlfriend said to try K-Y Jelly.

WBS
10-31-2017, 05:24 AM
Would deleting all unused units work? Or deting accounts that have t played in over a year?

AstroGlide
10-31-2017, 07:34 PM
I don't believe accts can LEGALLY deleted as they are not property of Gree/Deca, so, IMO, an update that allowed only the PLAYED ACCTS on to a new server would cut the overloaded &/or crowding on server by at least 60%>>>>again just my opinion

WBS
11-04-2017, 04:35 AM
I don't believe accts can LEGALLY deleted as they are not property of Gree/Deca, so, IMO, an update that allowed only the PLAYED ACCTS on to a new server would cut the overloaded &/or crowding on server by at least 60%>>>>again just my opinion

You may be right Astro, I think I may have heard that talked about before but I'm not sure. Having separate servers would in theory fox a lot of it, but how do they separate the accounts?