PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss

SollyLlama
08-28-2017, 12:33 PM
The boss is popping, but there are no goals listed, and so....

Can someone who knows what's going on please clarify whether the event has started?

Mrs Cash
08-28-2017, 12:55 PM
The boss is popping, but there are no goals listed, and so....

Can someone who knows what's going on please clarify whether the event has started?

Smh! I just saw the icon, and really could help but laugh. Dumb and dumber...

Rodimus
08-28-2017, 01:32 PM
Raid Boss started ahead of schedule by mistake and Deca is aware of the issues regarding RB goals not appearing. Engineers have assessed the situation and mitigated the necessary steps to have event working as intended.

SollyLlama
08-28-2017, 03:08 PM
as intended.

Nobody knows what you people intend.

Do bosses dropped count towards the goals which were not posted at the time the bosses dropped?

Note this is the 2nd yes/no question I have asked. The first wasn't answered. Here is your makeup opportunity.

bevsxrs
08-28-2017, 03:51 PM
They'll show up when it's fixed. :) no worries.

Mrs Cash
08-28-2017, 03:57 PM

No worries, lmao, did you really say that with a straight face?
I told my people to wait. Better safe than sorry. The last thing I want to deal with is getting close to 30 Elites done snd not having them count...

Rodimus
08-28-2017, 04:00 PM

Technically the event was supposed to execute at 3/6pm PST/EST but unofficially started much sooner as intended.

Do bosses dropped count towards the goals which were not posted at the time the bosses dropped?

Don't see why the drops wouldn't count toward the goals as this is merely a display issue. Even if the drops didn't count, I'm sure compensation would be in order.

Rodimus
08-28-2017, 04:01 PM

Bevsxrs gets it!:)

bevsxrs
08-28-2017, 04:16 PM
Event last long enough, y'all will get as far as you can regardless. If they don't count, a few hours isn't going to make you or break you. Since it started early if all kills count you've got a great head start. If not, your starting where the event was planned to begin with. :) Ammo is cheap to replace.

Tap tap tapping away!

Foty
08-28-2017, 04:34 PM
Some syns may not be able to keep going if goals dont drop. Not all of us have monster accts or spend.

cajunman
08-28-2017, 04:50 PM
Technically the event was supposed to execute at 3/6pm PST/EST but unofficially started much sooner as intended.

Don't see why the drops wouldn't count toward the goals as this is merely a display issue. Even if the drops didn't count, I'm sure compensation would be in order.

The event the last few times has started at 6/9pm PSt/ESt so get your facts straight. It's the only event they start for a team late so you can get rid of dead weight after war or SA

So all the teams waiting for the team goals to show up are going to be behind because all previous kills count which is a joke because they all have a jump in highest level boss kill and the first tie breaker is teams to kill the highest boss first.

wawoftam
08-28-2017, 06:52 PM

Some bright sparks in our Syn decided to do Elite bosses, 35 of them, and now that goals are up we are on 1/27. Interesting to see how compensation works. At least we know if it involves sending in a ticket we will get nothing as will give up out of frustration

Mrs Cash
08-28-2017, 07:15 PM

I called it. I knew I should have gone with my instincts.
We did 24 Elites. The goals showed up and we are at 1/27. We have no chance at catching up.
Thanks for nothing.

Working as intended, smh...

BrisingrBoss
08-28-2017, 09:41 PM
someone on my syndicate kept summoning elite boss. now by the time elite started we were already at boss 20... if we werent finishing before, now we definitely cant finish it.

sister morphine
08-28-2017, 10:43 PM
Some bright sparks in our Syn decided to do Elite bosses, 35 of them, and now that goals are up we are on 1/27. Interesting to see how compensation works. At least we know if it involves sending in a ticket we will get nothing as will give up out of frustration
There's no accounting for stupid, is there? :rolleyes: No goals, assume a screw-up!

bevsxrs
08-29-2017, 09:03 AM
I told my team to go ahead and kill as many easy boss's as they wanted, leaving elite alone. Worked out well for us. We are on track. :)

Flyingsquad23
08-29-2017, 09:08 AM
Kind of harsh calling them stupid, seems to me that the top 100 syndicates felt it was the right move to drop top bosses. Either Deca will compensate or they won't... will you really notice the difference in stats.

SollyLlama
08-29-2017, 10:21 AM

As others have noticed, bosses dropped before the goals were displayed do NOT count towards the goal, and so this is not "merely a display issue."

The forum community deserves an acknowledgement from you @Rodimus that you provided a misleading answer.

When I submit my ticket, I will refer to your comments.

sister morphine
08-29-2017, 11:37 PM
As others have noticed, bosses dropped before the goals were displayed do NOT count towards the goal, and so this is not "merely a display issue."

The forum community deserves an acknowledgement from you @Rodimus that you provided a misleading answer.

Last time I looked, Rodimus didn't work for either Gree or Deca (he's a community mod), so basing your actions in-game on something that is basically a guess or hope, not an official company line, seems foolhardy. Would you have started hitting elite bosses if I'd said on here they'll compensate you? Thought not!

When I saw RB come up just after 11:00 pm my time, I was surprised, as it's not started until Europeans are asleep for several months now. Checking the goals to find nothing was enough to realise it was a mess-up. Any long-time player would come to the same conclusion surely; so while 'stupid' might be harsh it's maybe not unjustified.

Rodimus
08-29-2017, 11:43 PM

When the incident was reported, the information that was given came directly from a Deca contact. Details of said incident and severity of impact to the RB event was being evaluated during the early start time.

The, "merely a display issue" I referred to was what we had hoped it would be. Though a fix came hours later, errors in coding was then identified i.e, boss kills not counting towards goals.

Deca knows how this inconvenienced everyone affected and are still working behind the scenes to mitigate future occurrences.

Hope this helps in your acknowledgment as well as the community.

~Rodimus

SollyLlama
08-31-2017, 05:03 PM
When the incident was reported, the information that was given came directly from a Deca contact. Details of said incident and severity of impact to the RB event was being evaluated during the early start time.

The, "merely a display issue" I referred to was what we had hoped it would be. Though a fix came hours later, errors in coding was then identified i.e, boss kills not counting towards goals.

Deca knows how this inconvenienced everyone affected and are still working behind the scenes to mitigate future occurrences.

Hope this helps in your acknowledgment as well as the community.

~Rodimus

Any word on the compensation you mentioned?

Mrs Cash
09-01-2017, 11:09 AM
Any word on the compensation you mentioned?

Oooooooohhhhhhhh, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, we received 5 RB refills as compensation.
No bueno.
We took down 24 Elites before the goals showed up.
In total, we took out 40 Elites.
We are owed 3 permanents 11/27, 15/27, 19/27. 12% car def, 15% car attack, 20% car def.
5 RB refills doesn't even come remotely close...

bevsxrs
09-01-2017, 12:04 PM
Happy RB is over. Next time it'll hopefully start with less issues. :) Looking forward to battles now :) just enjoying the "game" that it is.

SollyLlama
09-01-2017, 02:46 PM
Oooooooohhhhhhhh, aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh, we received 5 RB refills as compensation.
No bueno.
We took down 24 Elites before the goals showed up.
In total, we took out 40 Elites.
We are owed 3 permanents 11/27, 15/27, 19/27. 12% car def, 15% car attack, 20% car def.
5 RB refills doesn't even come remotely close...

Giving everyone the same prize is the same as doing nothing. The issue is imbalance between syns based on circumstances outside of our control and - in some cases - exacerbated by misleading information in this forum.

Syns that waited 6 hours to start dropping elite bosses got better prizes than syns that didn't wait but dropped more bosses.

The issue remains unresolved.

Foty
09-02-2017, 02:00 AM
Giving everyone the same prize is the same as doing nothing. The issue is imbalance between syns based on circumstances outside of our control and - in some cases - exacerbated by misleading information in this forum.

Syns that waited 6 hours to start dropping elite bosses got better prizes than syns that didn't wait but dropped more bosses.

The issue remains unresolved.

Not necessarily. My syn waited, dropped 54 big bosses and still got a lower ranked prize than a syn that only dropped 49 big bosses. Ticket sent in and waiting.