PDA

View Full Version : Does selling a gold building return 50% of purchase price back?

Kirbnite
11-07-2011, 02:55 PM
If I sell the my Icecream shops and my Wedding Chappell. Will I get the 50% of the gold I used to originally purchase them?

They are the only gold items I own, however I rarely collect in full on them.

I have since abandoned the 5min, 1 hour, most 3 hour buildings. Looking to only have 12, 24, and 48 hour buildings, but if not worth selling, I might as well keep these gold buildings going.

Crime City Mark
11-07-2011, 04:53 PM
You will not get any gold back if you sell a gold building.

Kirbnite
11-07-2011, 05:44 PM
@CC Mark: What will I get in return? I spent 75 Gold on a Wedding Chappell that is way too expensive to upgrade. There is no information available for what we are getting other than level 1 income. When you spend Gold you paid cash for, it should be worth the money you spend. This purchase was truely a horrible decision as just to upgrade to level 2 it cost 3,006,000. Seriously???? I spent 3,500,000 to upgrade a Loft to level 4 and it will pay 121,000 after it is complete every 12 hours. The Wedding Chapel will pay 16,000 every 3 hours which in 12 hours = 64,000 every 12 hours and that "IF" I collect every time without ever being robbed.

So what can I do? Email someone to remove and possibly manually give gold back?

TemplarX
11-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Seems only fair to get 50% gold back...afterall, its not like you are asking for 50% real cash refund.

skunk
11-08-2011, 12:57 AM
I agree, 50% gold back seems fair, especially for a big item like this.
35 gold back would not be too difficult to do surely.

Plus, it's not like this is a freebie player asking for help, this is a person who pays the wages!!

phantom123
11-08-2011, 03:40 AM
Skunk you need to chill out, though your point is valid there is absolutely no need to bring the "wage" card up. Lol
I think 50 percent gold is fair and the only reason I bought chapels was to upgrade them but that will take a while, lofts are my priority

hambergler
11-08-2011, 05:51 AM
just let it take up space

if you have kind of income than pretty much all the early buildings are not doing you any good anyway.

8K every 3 hours is still better than

it is better than house/ warehouse/ BB Court / Gas Station, Ice Cream shop/ Laundromat/ Diner Gun Shop/ Souvenir store / Deli/ Diner / Barber Shop / Electronics Store / Warehouse / Arcade / Fish Store even if they are lvl 10

and if you have none of these buildings than you should have plenty of space / expansions at that income level.

That said you should get gold back if you sell a gold building. There is no valid reason why you shouldn't other than greed.

Kirbnite
11-08-2011, 08:31 AM
I have an income of almost 35,000. My point is that I spent gold on an item that is virtually useless as when I can collect is only yielding 40% as it is constintly being robbed and the cost to upgrade from level 1 to level 2 is $3,006,000.

This upgrade cost will increase by 67% with each upgrade, meaning it is a waste of cash I paid to obtain gold and purchase this building. As to upgrade this building is virtually insane.

That means it is approx. $157,726,459 to get to level 8. And to get to level 10 it would be approx. $447,893,322. This is based off every current money buildings has an avg upgrade cost of 67% increase from level to level.

phantom123
11-08-2011, 09:16 AM
One step at a time. I know it seems impossible now but in the future it won't. My hourly income Is almost 60000. I can collect 1.5 mil per day if I time everything right

Kirbnite
11-08-2011, 09:40 AM
Still I would only get 40% 1-3 times a day, of max collection. After spending 450 million to get to level 10. That would be a bad decision on my end.

rustbinlid
11-08-2011, 12:21 PM
Still I would only get 40% 1-3 times a day, of max collection. After spending 450 million to get to level 10. That would be a bad decision on my end.
All these millions you are spending, why isn't it on defence? Up your defence so fewer people can rob you. Stop doing the goals so your xp does not increase dramatically and camp at whatever level you are until your defences are higher.
This advice must be on every page of this forum by now.
I mean seriously.

Kirbnite
11-08-2011, 01:29 PM
@rustbinlid

Your completely missing my point and this has now off the initial concern.

Cost to upgrade to level 2 = $3,006,000. Payout = 16,000.

16,000 x 8. (if I collected at full as soon as completed every 3 hours = $128,000 per day.

Realistically collect 2-3 times at full. So looking at $48,000-$64,000.

My level 4 loft that only cost an additional 2,000,000 to get to this point = $120,000 every 12 hours.

Had the cost to upgrade been known prior to purchase, I would have spent it on a different building. So I'm willing to sell and take a 50% hit just like we get back on buildings we spend fake (in game cash on). But mark stated with his statement.

Buy gold, spend the gold, now you know it is a poor investment too bad sucker. Buy more gold and try again. Truly if I got back 50%, I would probably be more inclined to buy more gold to buy a better building. Knowing if I don't like it I'm not out 100%. But in return get back 50%.

My issue is if it is going to be this way. Publish what the gold buildings cost to upgrade and payout statistics, so we know what we are spending real cash on.

This game is so popular, yet it's like they are happy and content on the income, where they could so easily make so much, much more on a daily basis.

Certes
11-08-2011, 01:44 PM
@rustbinlid

Your completely missing my point and this has now off the initial concern.

I don't think he's missing the point, I think that he's trying to help you get the max out of your investment.

My .02 (which is what it's worth....)

Basically, you made a purchase, used it, decided that you didn't like it, and want to return it. I know, I know.... "Had the cost to upgrade been known prior to purchase, I would have spent it on a different building."

When you go to a movie, you have no guarantees as to whether or not you are going to like it. Would you try to get your money back if it was horrible?

You purchased a high-level building. High-level buildings take a lot of time and money to upgrade. You have lofts, so you know this. You should have been able to figure out that a building that unlocks in the high 80s levels would be an expensive upgrade....

Kirbnite
11-08-2011, 02:23 PM
When you go to a movie, you have no guarantees as to whether or not you are going to like it. Would you try to get your money back if it was horrible?
SERIOUSLY, A movie theater is your analogy to relate to purchasing in game gold?

A). Movie do advertise and you get to preview it and have an idea as to what you are going to see. Gold buildings are blind purchases.

B). If you truly did not enjoy it you can leave early and request a refund and they do give back a 100% if that is the case. (early exit). Worked this job before. Sell in game non-gold purchased buildings and get 50% of investment back. Spend real cash for gold, then use that gold (only good in this game), so 50% back would still be used in this game and maybe entice additional gold purchased.

C). Not even remotely similar as every movie is the same price.

You purchased a high-level building. High-level buildings take a lot of time and money to upgrade. You have lofts, so you know this. You should have been able to figure out that a building that unlocks in the high 80s levels would be an expensive upgrade....

Exactly high level buildings are more expensive, but have a good profit margin. Low level gold building has lower upgrade cost than the buildings near its position in the chain. High level gold building should reap better rewards. Not less that that high level building that I purchase with "in game" earned cash.

Certes
11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Well, perhaps the movie analogy was a poor choice. I've never asked for my money back, and I've walked out on a couple of movies (Battlefield Earth?). But then again, I've never figured that my choice in movies was the movie theatre's fault.

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. The Carousels are an early-game gold building... 25 Gold to purchase gets you $100 every hour. They cost a lot of money for an early game upgrade (I can't remember now if it was $30k or 90K, but either is a lot of money for level 5 players). I suppose that by level 120, you should have an economy that will support the upgrade costs.

In my mind, the economics of this game (to include the building and upgrading times and costs) have been laid out by Funzio for a reason. I'm sure that it's all balanced out.

If you don't like your purchase, that's fine. But you made said purchase without asking for or looking for additional info on the upgrade costs. If you did, and made the purchase anyway, then you decided that the upgrade costs didn't matter as much as the return you were going to get on the Level 1 building. Or you just didn't think about it at all.

Either way, I still fail to see how any of this is Funzio's fault, and I fail to see why they should return any gold to you.

eXc Drake
11-08-2011, 08:56 PM
I liked the movie analogy! I've spent money on this game, but before I did I took the time to research. Learn a lesson and move on....

Kirbnite
11-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Regardless of what my economy will allow me to do.

If every money building that can be purchased with fake money returns 50% upon selling. Then wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that selling a building you paid real cash to obtain gold, then used that gold on a building and then learn that the selling aspect is not the same?

Did I miss a notification somewhere that tells me differently?

Upgrading is the same. The cost to upgrade increases from level to level by 67% which is the same as the other buildings. So again as I have no answer to this. Why do we not get anything in return upon selling. This should not be listed as "Sell". It should be "Demolish".

No matter what the wording is. I feel it is only right to match what is given for cash buildings (50% of initial investment.

theONE
07-14-2012, 05:57 AM
movie analogy sux @eXc Drake ....also you're a jerk for siding with the game company that only cares about money and not with a fellow gamer....lesson learnt and move on? gold is purchased with REAL cash, real money doesn't grow on trees you f00l not to mentioned he wasn't even asking for a real money refund you idiot.

also people don't ask for their money because most human beings are like "f*ck it, couldn't be bothered" then there are those who would return an item because somewhere else is cheap JUST to save a few bucks so the analogy is horrible and thoughtless

i mean you say @Certes that and I quote "I've never figured that my choice in movies was the movie theatre's fault"

of course it is, i can buy a product off a retail store, they didn't make it but its THEIR responsibility to deal with customer satisfaction hence why you CAN and is ACCEPTABLE to ask for a FULL refund

let alone the OP wants only INFORMATION on what he can do in his current predicament, god even zynga another money grubbing game maker is more lenient, i've accidentally bought crappy respect point items (which are like gold currency) emailed them as they have an ACTUAL email page that you select what game you have a beef with, and your predicament and BAM they refunded me.

I wasn't even spending cash for christsakes and they treated me like a real paying customer/player

just because you walked out @Certes means you have more respect for companies then yourself i'm surprise you have any dignity and self respect to begin with

theONE
07-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Either way, I still fail to see how any of this is Funzio's fault, and I fail to see why they should return any gold to you. You are one of the biggest ignorant and insensitive jerks EVER, he never said it was funzios fault but merely made the comment on how the policy's a little bi unfair and stated his case

which is true, you buy with ingame cash you get half if you sell, you buy with ingame gold you should get half back, its VERY fair

if you don't see why they should return any gold to the OP then either you're a moron or what i've expected alot for awhile now, admins trolling around to protect their products, the same with actual in-game situations that i'm suspicious they have admins trolling around in game attacking with gold bought items that equal OVER a thousand REAL dollars to piss people off enough to buy gold themselves i.e pushing profits up

and now with this top 25 B.S for events to allow dumb retards to see whos the dumbest i.e in spending real cash proves how funzio will do anything for a buck

Plux
07-14-2012, 06:13 AM
The information is on the best of the best guides regarding the Cash value of Gold buildings. You get 50% of that value and the same for Upgrade investment you put in. Why on earth are you selling your Wedding Chapels, I'll never ever sell mine!!!

Second Comming
07-14-2012, 06:38 AM
To Kirb:

What do you suggest people get back who say want to sell their lvl 4-5 Chappels? I certainly would not be happy with a mere 35gold after the time/$$ investment.

Selling any building gives either 50% of your previous upgrade cost or the cost of the building if it is level 1. Nothing accumulates (unfortunately or else I would of sold my lvl10 Agencies along time ago). Presumably you could sell it and net around 1M (would take you over 100 collections without robbery to make that).

bryoreo
07-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Seems legit, take our money but refuse to refund it.

ShawnBB
07-14-2012, 11:03 AM
To kirbnite,

I fully understand your situation, just ignore that certes guy
However, the truth of the company's business is that they are trying to grab the sh!t out of players' real money.

We can explain in this way,
The in game cash is your virtual "own property". Whatever you do with it wrongly, you will get refund by selling, that's your hood business.
But! The in game gold is not that simple, that's something you get by feeding the real life company. It is actually their property, whatever you do it wrongly, you will not get refund because giving you the refund is potentially cutting the future purchase which is company's profit. GREEd is not gonna make that policy to hurt him own.

ShawnBB
07-14-2012, 11:52 AM
About your money output comparing, it is not in that way.
First of all, you are notified that the WC has a 3 hour output style before spending that gold. So I assume that you are confident in collecting them pretty much every 3 to 4 hours, I don't understand why you still complaining that you barely collect it if you decided to build...

You have to compare the income increase of loft from level 3 to level 4,which is 121000-72600=48400 every 12 hours.
19360- 9680= 9680 every 3 hours for WC
It means if you fully collect in 12 hours, 9680*4 =38720 every 12 hours.
Due to its cost is 3m which is 0.5m cheaper than loft. They pretty much having the same ROI. Loft has the advantage of IpH/ROI ratio thou. But WC has the advantage of shorter upgrade time cost.

Also, the base iph for WC is 9680/3=3227 and will grow from 2*base to 3.5*base next level.
However loft's base IpH is 12100/12=1008 and will grow from 10*base to 15* base next level.
WC's 175% is better than loft's 150% growth, and their cost is still in a same ratio for sure. WC starts to taking advantage at the next level's upgrade.

Just let you know that there are very few buildings that can compare value to loft at that stage and WC is one of them.
If you are complaining about WC not worth the gold, you probably need to study more about the spread sheet or quit CC Econ build.

PawnXIIX
07-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Should I even bother mentioning that this is a topic from November or that theONE grave dug yet another topic?

nopenopenope
07-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Should I even bother mentioning that this is a topic from November or that theONE grave dug yet another topic?If they want to strike up conversations with no one on the other end, more power to 'em.

PawnXIIX
07-14-2012, 01:47 PM
If they want to strike up conversations with no one on the other end, more power to 'em.

It's kinda in the posting guidelines. But yeah i mean, people talk to themselves all the time :)