PDA

View Full Version : System Accounts

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 02:45 PM
From Vile Lynn:

"Those are not "fake accounts."
Those are the 4 HCB Rival System Accounts... not fake, very real system accounts."

Pretty shady to close the thread with no chance of response Lynn..

FC already comfirmed the accs were Gree's and you have as well now, furthermore you add that the accounts are in fact ACTIVE accs that Gree owns... I take that as that the accs can in fact score and most likely do when turned on... Bottom line is some plyrs will get benefits other plyrs will not have and if one of these accs is in fact seen scoring pts as others have suggested seeing, the problem only deepens.

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately a few of us have not been able to explain to Stella what a "system account" actually is, and he is therefore falsely believing that this is either some sort of conspiracy theory or fraud...

While in fact it is a typical technical way of ensuring that aspects of a program don't crash or fail... In this case, the matching algorithm wont fail.

However he ignores this and just keeps saying it's wrong, to try to justify a refund

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 04:11 PM
Unfortunately a few of us have not been able to explain to Stella what a "system account" actually is, and he is therefore falsely believing that this is either some sort of conspiracy theory or fraud...

While in fact it is a typical technical way of ensuring that aspects of a program don't crash or fail... In this case, the matching algorithm wont fail.

However he ignores this and just keeps saying it's wrong, to try to justify a refund

There is no sufficient answer possible as to why Gree owns active accs that battle real plyrs in any event. PERIOD

There are many reasons to ask for a refund, dont need to seek for one...

Plyrs being matched against Gree accounts is a PROBLEM..

Also I will note, the matching algorithm in fact failed with these accs just yesterday...

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 04:33 PM
And there you go.. as if predicted.. he cannot comprehend System Accounts and therefore ignores that answer and says it a problem

I will attempt this one last time is really simple steps

1. Gree tries to match up all players
2. If a player cannot be matched with 4 opponents they are matched with a system account

The system account is a non playing shell
This allow you still be in a group of 5 without any failures happening

Despite what conspiracies you my read, these accounts are NOT playing in the event... They stay on zero.. this was proved today when there was a massive matching failure.. the event kept running rather than failing to keep everyone out of a group
We all got an easy 10 points (if we hit a target)
Gree don't use the accounts to force people to spend
It is the same as being paired against an account that hasn't played in a year
It's less intrusive than playing a multi player 3rd person shooter game that uses active bots to make up numbers

I'm sure you'll ignore this again and still stay it shouldn't happen.. But it's you who doesn't understand how this works

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 04:39 PM
A multi 3rd person shooter game does not have any auctioning going on and actually the ones i have played do not use such. They can be 2 ve 3 or 5 vs 5 etc.. bad example of whatever you are trying to explain, but i can tell you this, there is NO SUFFICIENT answer possible as to why Gree has active accs facing real plyrs, esp in an auction event. Stop trying to give answers Olapdev bc you dont have any..

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 04:49 PM
A multi 3rd person shooter game does not have any auctioning going on and actually the ones i have played do not use such. They can be 2 ve 3 or 5 vs 5 etc.. bad example of whatever you are trying to explain, but i can tell you this, there is NO SUFFICIENT answer possible as to why Gree has active accs facing real plyrs, esp in an auction event. Stop trying to give answers Olapdev bc you dont have any..

Considering I work in application development just like HellRaizer, I am providing the correct answer that YOU refuse to acknowledge. I keep giving you the sufficient answer.. but because it's not what you wish to hear you will not accept it and just keep complaining..

Think of those accounts as Empty Seats.. that's all they are.. They aren't playing. They aren't scoring but that are stopping it from failing.. simple as that

The only recommendation I would have for Gree is that you highlight those accounts so as people realise that they aren't active....

In other words.. we were all in groups of ONE with four empty seats that had fake names

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 04:58 PM
I fully understand why you say the accs exist, you fail to see the problem with it. I want to face these accs every HB if anyone else at all gets to..

I will repeat, you say they are there to ensure the matchup algoritim doesnt fail, yet it failed yesterday... sorry but you dont come across as to having much idea about any of this..

HellRaizer
02-28-2017, 05:06 PM
I fully understand why you say the accs exist, you fail to see the problem with it. I want to face these accs every HB if anyone else at all gets to..

I will repeat, you say they are there to ensure the matchup algoritim doesnt fail, yet it failed yesterday... sorry but you dont come across as to having much idea about any of this..

I'll butt in here again .... you were still able to play in a group... that's the non failure part... if you hadn't been paired against these empty seat accounts you wouldn't have been able to participate at all...

Ie It fails to match you against a real person but it doesn't fail to put you into a group of "empty seat accounts" ...

Therefore normally (not this time) each time the event is on, the people who are the odd ones out are still put into a group rather than them not being allowed to do the event

There is no way to divide all numbers equally by 5 and normally a couple people would end up in a group of 4 with one empty seat (non playing system account)

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 05:11 PM
I'll butt in here again .... you were still able to play in a group... that's the non failure part... if you hadn't been paired against these empty seat accounts you wouldn't have been able to participate at all...

Ie It fails to match you against a real person but it doesn't fail to put you into a group of "empty seat accounts" ...

Therefore normally (not this time) each time the event is on, the people who are the odd ones out are still put into a group rather than them not being allowed to do the event

Eggie i understand why it is the accs are said to be there, the problem is that it is not fair tp everyone in the game and when it becomes proven that Gree is matching "system accs" with real plyrs, that is only opening the door to many other speculations.

Why is it so hard to see that Gree owned accs facing real people accs is a problem?? IT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN and they need to find a new solution ot get rid of the event.

HellRaizer
02-28-2017, 05:14 PM
Eggie i understand why it is the accs are said to be there, the problem is that it is not fair tp everyone in the game and when it becomes proven that Gree is matching "system accs" with real plyrs, that is only opening the door to many other speculations.

Why is it so hard to see that Gree owned accs facing real people accs is a problem?? IT SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN and they need to find a new solution ot get rid of the event.

They aren't real PLAYING accounts. They are basically bloody empty seats

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 05:15 PM
So the ppl facing them have decided day 1 advantage!!

I believe this is very bad looking for Gree and they need to find a solution or scrap HB. I will not be resting on this issue

Any accs owned and operated by Gree should be public info and they should NEVER be in any type of event against real life plyrs.. you will never convince me that is ok

HellRaizer
02-28-2017, 05:18 PM
So the ppl facing them have decided day 1 advantage!!

I believe this is very bad looking for Gree and they need to find a solution or scrap HB. I will not be resting on this issue

How would you pair up 11 accounts into 3 groups?

Equally so as no player as an unfair advantage

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 05:24 PM
4,4,3, at least we know they are real plyrs. Gree could make 4 groups of 4 if they were 4 plyrs short, etc... HB is an auction event where plyrs basically are making highest bids for rewards. I want to face these accs on day 1 if anyone else at all is facing them. Maybe it cannot be fixed, but real plyrs facing Gree accs is not the answer and really looks bad on Gree right now.

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 05:27 PM

So by adding accs that will not score, thats making it equal with no unfair advantage to anyone? We both know thats not true..

WBS
02-28-2017, 05:27 PM
The biggest screw up was gree having us all face same fake players. We at least get 10 easy points though.

HellRaizer
02-28-2017, 05:35 PM
4,4,3, at least we know they are real plyrs. Gree could make 4 groups of 4 if they were 4 plyrs short, etc... HB is an auction event where plyrs basically are making highest bids for rewards. I want to face these accs on day 1 if anyone else at all is facing them. Maybe it cannot be fixed, but real plyrs facing Gree accs is not the answer and really looks bad on Gree right now.

So there's one group that any player can get third by doing just one boss... using you logic from a couple of posts ago, that not fair..

The only difference in what you have proposed that that the groups would be

4 (+ 1 non playing account)
3 (+ 2 non playing accounts)

There is absolutely no difference here.. other than the event doesn't crap out out your because groups can't be computed...

So this still is 4,4,3 (it's just a technical solution to avoid failure)

I work in an investment bank.. I work on an FX trading platform. The platform allows traders to buy and sell currencies.. this is a highly regulated system... yet our application has "system accounts" ... e.g. There is one account that applies interest overnight... if you look at it in the database it will actually say +£1,000 by System123 (First Name = System .. Last name = 123)... we have to follow a crazy amount of regulations and auditing procedures and yet the regulators don't fine us for having system accounts...

WBS
02-28-2017, 05:40 PM
So there's one group that any player can get third by doing just one boss... using you logic from a couple of posts ago, that not fair..

The only difference in what you have proposed that that the groups would be

3 (+ 2 non playing accounts)

There is absolutely no difference here.. other than the event doesn't crap out out your because groups can't be computed...

So this still is 4,4,3 (it's just a technically solution to avoid failure)

I work in an investment bank.. I work on an FX trading platform. The platform allows traders to buy and sell currencies.. this is a highly regulated system... yet our application has "system accounts" ... e.g. There is one account that applies interest overnight... if you look at it in the database it will actually say +£1,000 by System123 (First Name = System .. Last name = 123)... we have to follow a crazy amount of regulations and auditing procedures and yet the regulators don't fine us for having system accounts...

Thank you for the information HR. I think the issue stellanan is debating is a moral one compared to a technical one. He's debating as a player seeing "fake" accounts as immoral business practice, whereas you and Olap are trying to explain the technical aspect of it. I can understand both views, but I fully understand that gree has to put in these accounts and therefore don't see an issue.

Keep up the good work ;)

solper
03-01-2017, 05:33 AM

If you had to join the event before you participate.
Then it would be 3 groups with 3 players. Total 9 players in one event. The last two, they could not participate.
This is one possible way?

[PM] Aurelius
03-01-2017, 10:52 AM
The system accounts are a failsafe mechanism that did exactly that when the matching scripts failed - they allowed players to participate in the event. They do not attack, they do not earn points, they do not disadvantage the players and they do not provide any systemic advantages to any one player. Most of the feedback we have received on that failure state has been positive, and we will be continuing to use this approach moving forward when it makes sense to do so.

As to the continuation of this discussion, opening up new threads on a topic that was locked is frowned upon. Please avoid doing so in the future unless you have received explicit moderator permission to do so.