PDA

View Full Version : The accounts we fight in Hardcore Boss?

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 12:44 AM
Going to need a very good explanation on how accs created by gree could ever match up with a real plyr account.. How long has this been happening and how much money is Gree driving extra out of plyrs with these accounts? There are soo many questions at this point...

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 02:21 AM
Did it take you this long to realise that it's impossible for every person to be gauranteed 4 real opponents.. Every event there will be up to 4 lucky people who get matched against a "non playing" name..

Those accounts are inactive placeholders to account missing players..

Only difference this time, is that Gree failed to match all players and therefore we all get a free pass ... 10 points for all, gold feee, no pushing...

At least we are all in the same boat and don't have to worry about these "non playing" names/accounts fighting back

It does look like you're trying to suggest that Gree is using these accounts to fight, but in fact they are just inactive placeholders.. therefore they can't drive gold up.. in fact they would do the opposite.. face them and you don't need to spend a thing to beat them

WBS
02-28-2017, 05:26 AM
How would we know if they are gree fake accounts and not fighting? There are enough inactive players in the game that it isn't surprising if oy 2-3 out of the five kill bosses.

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 09:21 AM
We know these accs we are matched with are fake (test) accs, if they can ever matchup with a real plyr, then yes that is a HUGE problem.. it doesnt matter if they score or not. The fact they exist will only make plyrs wonder if they actually can score as well, to push costs up and up. Only 1 group of plyrs could not have an exact 5 plyrs and if it only had 3, then thats better than fake accs being played. How is it fair if plyrs are matching with such accs and others match with a plyr going for 50+ faction kills on day 1 and it cost a plyr over 1k gold vs a plyr 0 gold whom fights fake accs??

WBS
02-28-2017, 09:24 AM
I just realized we are all fighting the same people. How did they screw this up?

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 11:16 AM
We know these accs we are matched with are fake (test) accs, if they can ever matchup with a real plyr, then yes that is a HUGE problem.. it doesnt matter if they score or not. The fact they exist will only make plyrs wonder if they actually can score as well, to push costs up and up. Only 1 group of plyrs could not have an exact 5 plyrs and if it only had 3, then thats better than fake accs being played. How is it fair if plyrs are matching with such accs and others match with a plyr going for 50+ faction kills on day 1 and it cost a plyr over 1k gold vs a plyr 0 gold whom fights fake accs??

You're blowing this way out of proportion. It's no different to being matched to an account that hasn't been used in a year... you just get a lucky match on day 1

No different to an auction really. Sometimes you bid on something that someone else wants and that drives the price up.. other times you lucky as no one else wants to bid..

So what if Gree have 4 unused fake accounts to cover for a couple players that wouldn't be in a group of 5.. you just get lucky and don't need to spend gold... GREES lose, not YOURS

And WBS.. Gree's matching script screwed up.. so everyone has a free pass for day one.. it was confirmed by FC and the Player reps

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 11:27 AM
The BOTTOM LINE is that fake accs should NOT EVER be in any type of battle with ANY real account at ANY time!
We can get into many many aspects as to how this can effect the game depending on many different situations.

Annihilator2
02-28-2017, 11:33 AM
The BOTTOM LINE is that fake accs should NOT EVER be in any type of battle with ANY real account at ANY time!
We can get into many many aspects as to how this can effect the game depending on many different situations.

Yes, yes, the app shall be bug free as well ;)

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Yes, yes, the app shall be bug free as well ;)

Bugs are much different than Gree placing fake accs against real plyrs..

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 11:42 AM
This is not an uncommon development strategy. I've worked on (developed and lead) many applications that have used dummy accounts or system accounts. In the tech world this is common practice..

Sounds like you are trying to line up a really bad excuse to ask for a refund

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 11:47 AM
This is not an uncommon development strategy. I've worked on (developed and lead) many applications that have used dummy accounts or system accounts. In the tech world this is common practice..

Sounds like you are trying to line up a really bad excuse to ask for a refund

What exactly are they developing? This event has been out a long time. If some plyrs get to face fake accs that do not score, it is a decided advantage for them. Again the BOTTOM LINE is that fake accs should NEVER battle any real plyrs, that is a huge problem within the game that yes is worthy of a refund!

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 11:57 AM
What exactly are they developing? This event has been out a long time. If some plyrs get to face fake accs that do not score, it is a decided advantage for them. Again the BOTTOM LINE is that fake accs should NEVER battle any real plyrs, that is a huge problem within the game that yes is worthy of a refund!

I used the word "development".. a standard word in the IT world to talk about the creation/maintenance/interaction with a system or application..

You are blindly ignoring standard technical processes and coming up with a ridiculous excuse to get a refund.

These FAKE UNUSED SYSTEM accounts are standard process to fill in gaps to allow to application to behave normally rather than error out... would you rather not be matched in a group at all.. or maybe be in a group of 4 and not be able to get first prize

Example:: You do realise that a "EPIC BOSS" isnt real either.. thats a character that you fight in the game. Are you going to complain next, that you should only be able to fight other people next?

solper
02-28-2017, 12:01 PM
Why camouflage a non player account with a normal name?

There was a episode earlier where a non player account scored points to.

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 12:05 PM
Why camouflage a non player account with a normal name?

There was a episode earlier where a non player account scored points to.

Now that's a good question. Maybe they should be able to highlight the fake accounts so as you know

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 12:06 PM
This is Hardcore Boss, not Epic Boss.. There is NO EXCUSE for any fake acc to ever matchup with real accs that will evwr be acceptable, esp in an auction event.. Also as solper has pointed out, this only opens many many new questions and seeing the accs match at all with real accs only creates more skeptisim as to what the accs can or are able to do.

I will say it again:

Under NO circumstances at all should fake accs be matching real accs in ANY event EVER

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 12:13 PM
This is Hardcore Boss, not Epic Boss.. There is NO EXCUSE for any fake acc to ever matchup with real accs that will evwr be acceptable, esp in an auction event.. Also as solper has pointed out, this only opens many many new questions and seeing the accs match at all with real accs only creates more skeptisim as to what the accs can or are able to do.

I will say it again:

Under NO circumstances at all should fake accs be matching real accs in ANY event EVER

You are selectively reading what I'm saying. I didn't say this was an epic boss... I was giving the example that an epic boss isn't a real player.. the hardcore boss isn't a real player either. But you happily kill them 150 without complaints

But you are now complaining that out of ten or hundreds of thousands of players that there will be FOUR NON SCORING SYSTEM ACCOUNTS to avoid matching errors....

You just keep complaining about a moot point.... You will not listen to reason or try to understand how systems can be built. Just quit the game, get a fraudulent refund and leave

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 12:19 PM
You are selectively reading what I'm saying. I didn't say this was an epic boss... I was giving the example that an epic boss isn't a real player.. the hardcore boss isn't a real player either. But you happily kill them 150 without complaints

But you are now complaining that out of ten or hundreds of thousands of players that there will be FOUR NON SCORING SYSTEM ACCOUNTS to avoid matching errors....

You just keep complaining about a moot point.... You will not listen to reason or try to understand how systems can be built. Just quit the game, get a fraudulent refund and leave

Somehow you keep missing the point...

FAKE ACCOUNTS UNDER NO CURCUMSTANCES AT ALL SHOULD EVER BE MATCHED WITH REAL PLYRS ACCOUNTS!

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 12:19 PM
Let's says you have 100,004 players... How are you going to put them into equal groups of 5

It's not possible. Therefore a couple of people will be matched with a Fake account..

Then one group should only have 2-3 plyrs or however many are left over

OlapDev
02-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Then one group should only have 2-3 plyrs or however many are left over

Only 2-3 players in a group.. that's hyperctical isn't it...

So they automatically still get more prizes... you said that's not allowed.. what if one person if against 4 gold spenders.. the person in a group of 2 won't be matched against 4 gold spenders... so your logic is flawed

But I already said that.. but you ignored that as well..

I'm shutting up now.. because you don't read.. you just complain

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 12:28 PM
You still fail to see the point:

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES EVER SHOULD FAKE ACCS BE MATCHING REAL PLYRS, ESP IN AN AUCTION EVENT

HellRaizer
02-28-2017, 12:34 PM
@OlapDev .. I tried to explain the same thing as well..

I'm a development manager over a number of applications and we use system accounts.. it's common place..

I'd love to debate it, but real life matters are in the in the way for me at the mo

Stellaman
02-28-2017, 12:36 PM
Eggie there is no explanation that will ever be suitable for fake accs being able to match real accs.

Hope the delivery is going well and Congrats buddy��

Vile Lynn
02-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Eggie there is no explanation that will ever be suitable for fake accs being able to match real accs. ...

Those are not "fake accounts."
Those are the 4 HCB Rival System Accounts... not fake, very real system accounts.

Unfortunately, the matching logarithm wasn't launched correctly and everybody got matched to the same 4 system accounts... not a big deal and we all get 10 points for HCB Day 1! Yay! Good luck on the remaining days!