PDA

View Full Version : Which money building should I buy?

Ram
11-06-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm thinking of buying a new expensive building...

My choices are:

Underboss' House: Income $4,400 collect in 3 hours - Cost $1,500,000

Russian Restaurant: Income $10,500 collect in 6 hours - Cost $2,000,000

Modern Loft: Income $2,500 collect in 1 hour - Cost $3,000,000

So what do you think is the best one?

*Disclaimer: I have the funds to buy any buildings ;)

HHH
11-07-2011, 03:52 AM
If you don't want to sleep,you can choose Modern Loft.lol(just kidding)

Max Power
11-07-2011, 04:30 AM
I guess if your defense is impregnable, the loft would be the way to go. I am setting my buildings so that I can farm them at timed intervals of 12-24-48 so I don't have to worry about robberies as much.

None of the buildings you listed seem like a huge value to me.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-07-2011, 05:30 AM
agree with @max power.

if no alternative for 12/24/48 building, i would probably buy russian restaurant (because you only have to check in every 6 hours). have you considered upgrading your lofts or movie theaters?

schnuffler
11-07-2011, 01:35 PM
^^ What he said. I'd be spending the money upgrading lofts if you haven't already. You can get an additional $4583/hour on the loft for approx $M3.39, whereas that $3M on the modern loft will get you $2750/hour without taking into account the number of times you can't collect due to it being an hourly collection building.

Max Power
11-07-2011, 02:00 PM
^^ What he said. I'd be spending the money upgrading lofts if you haven't already. You can get an additional $4583/hour on the loft for approx $M3.39, whereas that $3M on the modern loft will get you $2750/hour without taking into account the number of times you can't collect due to it being an hourly collection building.

That's a common ploy with many of the buildings in this game. They give you better value at the lower upgrade levels, but when comparing them to other buildings, the have a lower ceiling. The example you give is a case in point. The Modern Loft I bet tops out much higher at level 10 than the regular loft. Not an issue for most people now, but months down the road when your economy is sailing, it could be better use of space to have the more expensive building.

Duke.0
11-07-2011, 03:23 PM
None of the above.
I personally build only 8/12/24/48 hour buildings to maximize my collection rate. I hardly ever get robbed now and i can collect FULL amounts of the building payouts.

For example, laundromats are useless for me. They pay out every 5 minutes, however, its nearly impossible to collect every 5 minutes therefore you loose income from a laundromat because you can't collect its total payout. Sure it pads your income per hour number, but its a false sense of your income since you don't actually pick up every 5 minutes.

If you did maximize that, you would have to pick up 12 times an hour or 288 times per day (24 hours). That's very unlikely.

If you had to pick one, i would go with Russian Restruant,

Ram
11-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I finally bought the modern loft

Duke.0
11-07-2011, 08:21 PM
I finally bought the modern loft
Cool :) How long does that take to build?

TemplarX
11-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Can someone enlighten me on why I should be building the expensive buildings like the Russian Restaurant? At $2m for $10,500/6 hr, i need to collect 190 times to breakeven, or 48 days continuously. Will I be still playing the game more than 1 month from now? And thats only breakeven... to make 10% for the cost of cash in the bank, I need to play another week after that. All in, about 2 months to make economic returns.

I have finished building out and upgrading most of the lower level buildings and at $15k/hr income. If i go by economic returns, I am about at the optimal point. Any further it just dun make sense. Can someone advise me on whether I am right to think this way?

Duke.0
11-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Can someone enlighten me on why I should be building the expensive buildings like the Russian Restaurant? At $2m for $10,500/6 hr, i need to collect 190 times to breakeven, or 48 days continuously. Will I be still playing the game more than 1 month from now? And thats only breakeven... to make 10% for the cost of cash in the bank, I need to play another week after that. All in, about 2 months to make economic returns.

I have finished building out and upgrading most of the lower level buildings and at $15k/hr income. If i go by economic returns, I am about at the optimal point. Any further it just dun make sense. Can someone advise me on whether I am right to think this way?

For me its about how often you can collect your buildings. The 5min/1/3/6 hour buildings are impossible to collect on a regular basis. For example, to get the full 24 hours a day payout of a 1 hour building, you have to collect 24 times a day. That's un-realistic for me and i find i get a FULL payout when using the 12/24/48 hour buildings much more so then the 1/3/6 buildings. Also, they have less chance of being robbed since they only pay out once or twice a day.

When i first started i used mostly the 1/3/6 hour buildings and i noticed that they kept being robbed often, i couldn't collect fully to make them worth my time or upgrade cost (either because its robbed or because you can't collect every hour on the hour to maximize the payout).

Its preference i think. There is no right or wrong way to do it. I just find i collect more and more often using the 8/12/24/48 hour buildings.

TemplarX
11-07-2011, 10:20 PM
But even if you are perfectly synchronized with the Russian Restaurant, collecting perfectly on the dot at the 6th hour mark, and you don't get robbed at all, it still takes you 48 days to breakeven. Is it worth it?

Duke.0
11-07-2011, 10:32 PM
But even if you are perfectly synchronized with the Russian Restaurant, collecting perfectly on the dot at the 6th hour mark, and you don't get robbed at all, it still takes you 48 days to breakeven. Is it worth it?
Yes your numbers are correct, and honestly, i dont know if its worth it or not. I have not really given it much thought.
I know that the Movie Theater has a good return on investment however, meaning the money you take to upgrade, it pays out very well over time. But i don't know about the Russian Food Store building.

hambergler
11-08-2011, 12:01 AM

Remember money is not the only thing.
My ultimate goal is to increase money per hour.
Time is the most limiting factor not money since you can only perform 1 upgrade at a time.

I would rather spend 500K and 12 hours to increase my money per hour by 1K or spend $0 and 12 hours to increase my money per hour by $50.

option 2 has infinitely better ROI but who cares. Time is the most precious commodity in the game not money imo.

Max Power
11-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Will I be still playing the game more than 1 month from now?

I don't know. Will you?

If not, why bother with it now?

This is obviously a strategy game with many long term decisions in it. It's your call, but I am guessing that you will still be playing 6 months from now.

Ram
11-08-2011, 06:11 AM
Cool :) How long does that take to build?

48 hours!!!!

Duke.0
11-08-2011, 09:19 AM
Oh my thats a long time. My expansion is taking 48 hours too! And i hear the loft takes like 5 days to build!

therealmg
11-08-2011, 12:12 PM
I just bought the Crematorium. 120 hours to build. Awesome.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-08-2011, 02:32 PM
LOL... by the time we finish this game, we'd all be in nursing homes

Cooz
11-09-2011, 09:10 AM
I don't know. Will you?

If not, why bother with it now?

This is obviously a strategy game with many long term decisions in it. It's your call, but I am guessing that you will still be playing 6 months from now.

I don't think it takes a genius to see the real investment in this game is time. If a month of perfect returns is too long of an amount of time to turn a profit, then yeah, there really isn't a "good" investment in the game.

The question is what are you going to do with that money otherwise? You have it, and that's all fine and good, but your options in getting anything for it is limited.

They built the game to keep you invested long-term, that's why the gold buildings are vastly superior to the money buildings. Gold is also ridiculously expensive, so they're hoping you get frustrated by the extended amount of time it takes to turn a profit and buy gold to make things move faster/pay out more.

Long story short, I think it's more entertaining just to try to get the most money you can out of each time block (1, 3, 6, 8, 12, 24) than it is worrying about your bottom line. You make money to spend it in this game, may as well just re-invest all of it.

CheezyPoofs
11-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Between the small footprint, the short time it takes to build and the reasonable upgrade costs, I think they put the flower shop in there as a Christmas present of sorts.

The loft is super snazzy but in the race for cute, can anything beat the love-child of a Chia Pet and a Lego?

Max Power
11-09-2011, 07:26 PM
Between the small footprint, the short time it takes to build and the reasonable upgrade costs, I think they put the flower shop in there as a Christmas present of sorts.

The loft is super snazzy but in the race for cute, can anything beat the love-child of a Chia Pet and a Lego?

What are the upgrade costs for the flower shop and the payout? The chart doesn't have it.

CheezyPoofs
11-10-2011, 09:09 AM
50k to build, pays out 5k every 8 hrs and $5060 for tycoon
$835,000 for first upgrade which takes about 9 hrs i think and doubles the income
I have two already so I can't get the exact time for the original build but I remember it was pretty short, maybe 9 hrs?

I'm pretty sure you can buy and upgrade a flower shop to level three in less time than it takes to build a loft and by level 3 it pays out $17,710, way more than a loft.

Much as it seems like a bit of a time and space eater, i found building a loft was actually kind of helpful that way because I got a full hood expansion in before it completed so now my expansion is a little ahead of schedule which I found to be a huge game changer.

If the goal is to always be building, upgrading and expanding at the same time, it seemed to get a lot easier to pull it off once a really long building started because I had so much time to run around robbing and banking.
56 hours is a long time to be steadily bringing income in with nowhere to spend it, and I mean that in a good way.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

Max Power
11-10-2011, 09:28 AM
50k to build, pays out 5k every 8 hrs and $5060 for tycoon
$835,000 for first upgrade which takes about 9 hrs i think and doubles the income
I have two already so I can't get the exact time for the original build but I remember it was pretty short, maybe 9 hrs?

I'm pretty sure you can buy and upgrade a flower shop to level three in less time than it takes to build a loft and by level 3 it pays out $17,710, way more than a loft.

Much as it seems like a bit of a time and space eater, i found building a loft was actually kind of helpful that way because I got a full hood expansion in before it completed so now my expansion is a little ahead of schedule which I found to be a huge game changer.

If the goal is to always be building, upgrading and expanding at the same time, it seemed to get a lot easier to pull it off once a really long building started because I had so much time to run around robbing and banking.
56 hours is a long time to be steadily bringing income in with nowhere to spend it, and I mean that in a good way.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on it.

500k to build, not 50k, and from the looks of things it costs 1 million 3 to generate loft level 1 income. Pretty spendy for the return, but with space at a premium, building expansions is part of the expense with lofts. I think I am going to avoid it because of the 8 hour thing. I am working on a twice a day schedule at this point.

Building a loft takes 96 hours, which allowed me to upgrade movie theaters three times as well as a couple of defense buildings as well....LOL! I should expand, I suppose, but the next money buildings a really want are Pirate Taverns, and I am 30 levels away.

CheezyPoofs
11-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Is that a gold building?

As for lofts, I recently got the " build a crematorium" goal which costs roughly the same as upgrading my loft but looks like the loft will be making more than twice the profit.
I'd like to help with the google spreadsheet but I'm scared I'll mess it up.

Can I send you the numbers for the higher level buildings?
I'd like to be of some use on this forum.

eXc Drake
11-14-2011, 10:40 AM
You are, the chia pet Lego comment made me laugh!

rustbinlid
11-14-2011, 11:12 AM

To get the best out of this game you have to either play for months, or spend a crap-load of gold speeding things up. Either way you have to invest time or time and money. Your choice.

Wakes
12-03-2011, 01:09 PM
I think that time is what matters in this game so I just spend money as it comes in to keep upgrading or building. I also think it's not all about the money that the building generates, but the look of them to. Some buildings might cost more and have a smaller payout, but they look a lot nicer in my hood. Building a nice city is the fun part about the game, otherwise it's definitely a waste of time.

Anubis
12-03-2011, 02:20 PM

Building a loft will give you faster gains then crematorium, flower shops etc. As long as you upgrade it to level 2 straight way, it takes just 28days to get the money back you put into it. Being a 12hour building that makes the 28day goal without robbery very possible. You need to read Timestamps thread on buildings and see the spreadsheet. The Loft, because you can unlock it with no level requirement is a Type A building, so getting lvl2-3 in it asap will maximise your returns on it; making flowershops and cremies seem like a waste of money in comparison.

Anubis
12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Some buildings might cost more and have a smaller payout, but they look a lot nicer in my hood. Building a nice city is the fun part about the game, otherwise it's definitely a waste of time.

I fully agree about making your hood look nice, and for that reason alone I will buy expensive buildings knowing the return isn't going to benefit me for a long while. Most players don't see hood aesthetics as a huge drive tho :/

Wakes
12-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Ya I'd rather have a hood that looks good over one with like 100 guard towers and randomness everywhere!