PDA

View Full Version : SCARY TWO PRONGED QUESTION!!!

Wargasm
11-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Wargasm;
Level-41
Mafia size-20
Fight W/L is 1108:126
Robbery W/L is 1223/99 (most losses are from early game before I knew what was up)
Attack-1014 (+21 from skill points)
Defense-1321 (+21 from skill points)
Energy-600
Stamina-20

Income per hour-$3975
Money-$0
Money in the bank-Around $400,000
Notable/used gear-20+ M4s, 9 Colombian knives(still upgrading), 1 nail bat, 10 butterfly knives, 20+ Frag grenades/IEDs, 10 night vision goggles, 10 combat boots(still upgrading) and 20 Mustangs.

Here's my hood:http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/303772_2174089313516_1285317545_1864450_224630209_ n.jpg

I apologize in advance, I didn't intend to write a short novel, haha.

More accurately I guess it's two separate questions.

1. Money. What the hell do I do with it? :confused: I hinted at this in an earlier post when I sarted playing almost 2 weeks ago, but now I'm really baffled. I've gotten a few answers so far;

"keep pumpin out upgrades dood!!!1" It takes like, and entire day, sometimes a couple do do the mid level upgrading I'm up to now. By the time that one building is done, I don't that much cash to start the next one, and I have a bunch saved from the day is was in the process of upgrading to boot. Of course I'm in a constant state of upgrading...The end result being - to get more money.

"expand yur hood and bild maaaaaaaaad bildings!" This seems a little tedious sometimes, and kind of unnecessary because after all, the point of buildings is; defense, or once again...More money. I realize that it might sound like I'm trying to talk myself up or sound cool at this point, but perish the thought! Since I got the ability to farm for M4s, I haven't been beaten, and I haven't found anyone that I couldn't handily rob the piss out of, so I'm not real worried about defense.
...And 90% of the money buildings suck anyways. I know I know, more ****ty buildings gets you more money than no ****ty buildings, which I guess brings me back to the original question. Why do I need more money?

It seems like the real currency in this game (assuming you aren't buying gold) is respect. I have 20 stamina right now, so I just hop around for from hood to hood only robbing warehouses, meat factories, and clothing stores (which are fairly plentiful, and average about 10 respect per stamina point used), bringing it to what, ten stamina for every three minutes (except for the times it maxed out)? It didn't take long to buy my entire mafia (granted it's only 20 guys) a Mustang, Tommy gun (before the M4 came along), Colombian knife, and combat boots-later upgraded to night vision binoculars. The only thing I need cash for is explosives, which are only expensive until people can't beat you anymore.

2. Why do people say they level too fast/why are small mobs a bad thing? :mad:

I've been leveling as fast as I can, and I'm doing great. From what I've played so far, they key in this game is mob size. I hit 20 mob at around level 5 or something, remembering that you could just input codes from lists on the internet to gain dudes. As I thought about it, and read up a little bit though, I wondered what the advantages to mob were. Sure, each guy can carry 5 pieces of equipment into battle, but for the most part he's only as strong as his gear is in relation to the enemy's. My 20 guys are armed to the teeth (or at least in the process of getting there), so pound for pound only gold buyers are going to have better gear than me, and anyone with more guys than me, can't see me on his rivals list, in theory, right (not that it matters much so far, since I attack the biggest guys I can see right now, who have close to double my mob).

Anyways, I'm pretty sick and exhausted right now, and I feel sort of like I'm babbling. The point is I'm trying to figure out if I'm awesome at this game, or if there's a hole in my logic that's going to bite me in the ass in 30 levels.

DISCUSS! :eek:

Leetfeet
11-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Heya!

Glad im not the only addict =)

First note. Attack skill in this game isnt additive to your mafia attack. People refer to them as mystery points. Mark has revealed the syntax of the formula ala Attack skill bonus= points * level modifier(top secret)

If you are comfortable with eliminating quests, defense and money buildings, big hood and money items out of the game then go for it =) Lots of people do pvp focus and stand by that choice. But, I think because respect is finite, almost all I have seen in game do get some sort of income.

Btw I have seen your hood in game! A real looker =D

khung003
11-06-2011, 07:19 PM
just drop by and leave some words, you may not like it.

Why do people say they level too fast is a bad thing?

like a kid ask about math:
"why people say math is hard, it's just too easy with + - * and / "

the answer is simple: grow up and you'll see.

Wargasm
11-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Heya!

Glad im not the only addict =)

First note. Attack skill in this game isnt additive to your mafia attack. People refer to them as mystery points. Mark has revealed the syntax of the formula ala Attack skill bonus= points * level modifier(top secret)

If you are comfortable with eliminating quests, defense and money buildings, big hood and money items out of the game then go for it =) Lots of people do pvp focus and stand by that choice. But, I think because respect is finite, almost all I have seen in game do get some sort of income.

Btw I have seen your hood in game! A real looker =D

Oh, haha hey thanks. Yeah, I read that about the multiplication formula vs addition, I didn't really intend to be PVP focus, it just seemed more interesting and profitable, so I just drifted towards it. Hence the high energy, haha. Turned out to be good though for farming. My only plan now is to keep doing my arbitrary upgrades once in a while, and just buy the best respect items. As soon as I have a full set of 5 items, I'll recruit another guy to use them. That way I'm as strong as I can be for my mob size.

While very slightly humorous, that answer was not very helpful Khung.

jlhy
11-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I believe Khung is referring to your question on why its bad to level too fast. When you near the level 70 range players 10-30 levels higher than you will begin seeing you on their rivals list and will be able to attack and rob you. So if you level too fast and hit this level range and your stats (especially defense) are weak you will end up becoming a stepping stone for a lot of other players. A good defense to shoot for before hitting level 70 is 12000-13000 if you don't want to be attacked and robbed constantly.

Wargasm
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
There we go! Thaaaaaaaaaanks! Is it really 30 levels though?

Leetfeet
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
np =)

If you convert respect to money value, pvp is vastly more profitable. But then again respect is finite and when you are hitting the least respect efficient buildings there are, like you are, it's gonna show after a few levels.

And keep in mind; it's not only the level variety that increases, but the mafia size as well. What happens when you start to regularly see guys with your basic plan, just 20 levels above you with 50+ more mafia?

Not trying to tell you how to play just a bit of caution =)

NeonBlue
11-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Another thing you may run into, Wargasm, is that the cost of jobs (in equipment you need to buy to do them) goes up STEEPLY. So suddenly you'll be needing over $100k to do a job, and at that point your current hourly income may feel pretty slow.

My economy got much more exciting once I put in Brownstones and Internet Companies. Those also create much bigger (more expensive) upgrade projects. So yes, at first it's "earn money so you can spend it so you can earn more money," but that balances out eventually with real money needs -- that is, if you're doing the jobs in the PVE portion of the game.

khung003
11-07-2011, 12:50 AM
I believe Khung is referring to your question on why its bad to level too fast. When you near the level 70 range players 10-30 levels higher than you will begin seeing you on their rivals list and will be able to attack and rob you. So if you level too fast and hit this level range and your stats (especially defense) are weak you will end up becoming a stepping stone for a lot of other players. A good defense to shoot for before hitting level 70 is 12000-13000 if you don't want to be attacked and robbed constantly.

Not only that, let him level up 40 more levels with the mob size he proud of. I will tell him what he missing in his life.

K@le
11-07-2011, 12:53 AM
I am now on level 80 and from level 1-65 nobody could Rob or attack me succesfully.
At this moment i have 11922 atk and 13328 def well i get robbed my ass off THE whole time and cant do anything about that lol
So my hint for you to do expand your hood , upgrade and make defense.
I am now expanding and it cost $750.000 for 4 tiles wide lol

Max Power
11-07-2011, 04:38 AM
While very slightly humorous, that answer was not very helpful Khung.

Get used to it....LOL!

khung003
11-07-2011, 04:57 AM
for losers...LOL!

redlabel
11-07-2011, 07:40 AM
I am now on level 80 and from level 1-65 nobody could Rob or attack me succesfully.
At this moment i have 11922 atk and 13328 def well i get robbed my ass off THE whole time and cant do anything about that lol
So my hint for you to do expand your hood , upgrade and make defense.
I am now expanding and it cost $750.000 for 4 tiles wide lol

With Defense Buildungs i have following experience:

they help against robberies, but not against PVP, although mark tells it helps against PVP.

lets say i have 12000atk... if i see someone with many high level def buildings which counts like 4000 and def point including def buildings like 14000. I am not goin to loose one single fight against him...

khung003
11-07-2011, 07:56 AM
upgrade every defense building to level 10 cost you from 1 week to 2 weeks. The iOS game just been released 13 weeks ago.
So when u with 13,000+ atk points visit someone hood, if that one can defend his hood & u have no chance to rob him. u can tell he is 99% is suspected cheater (1% is Richie Rich).

The timing not allow people to defend against such strong people (I'm lucky to be one :D)

alijan
11-07-2011, 01:32 PM
wow that is a scary question I think its so scary I'm not even going to read it. Its so long!

Wargasm
11-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I Have a plan worked out, so I'm gonna keep doing things mostly the way I was, with some tweaks to start preparing for the tricky stuff up the line. ;D

I'll be looking for you, Khung. ;)

khung003
11-07-2011, 04:24 PM
I doubt you could be listed in my rival list for another 2 weeks (even I do not continue playing anymore) - the way you currently play, just create another weakling.

CheezyPoofs
11-08-2011, 03:03 AM
With a mob of 20, even at level 70 when the higher level players can see lower level players you may remain relatively safe. Hoods where people are level 200 but have a weak enough/small enough mafia to see you aren't always active players.
My experience with small mob (now at level 92, mob around 130 today) is that when a large, strong player visit my hood everything gets robbed and that's just how it is BUT that doesn't happen as often as I thought it would. My hourly income is 12k but being a relatively small mafia at level 92, I can see the level 200 players who are equally weak and that accounts for over half my income.
It's hard to do winning streaks but eventually I find enough players to beat who are 3x's my size but there's no way around that big drawback of small mob.

Funding the equipment for missions has become a lot easier since I hit level 85 because there are some buildings that the higher but relative weak players have that are $120,000+ per hit. As for arming, I'm with you on arm small mobs with respect. The chain whip will show up soon, I found that to be a bit of a game changer.

Hope this helps!
My main account is Firefly but my iPod has a very weak Cheezypoofs hood on it so if it pops up in your rivals list HIT IT UP! I'm leveling clothing stores up for farming purposes, they should be at 40 respect each now....go rob me :)

Mb Tnk
11-08-2011, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=CheezyPoofs;56713]... The chain whip will show up soon, I found that to be a bit of a game changer. ...QUOTE]

Chain Whip's are available in the 50's or 60's (I forgot which level), since your at 92, has it not unlocked for you?

Wargasm
11-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I think he meant they'd unlock for me soon.

As usual, Khung's broken Engrish made little sense.

Thanks, CheezyPoofs!

khung003
11-08-2011, 04:51 PM
broken or not, I'm sure you will read to understand each of my words, lol.

Dorian Gray
11-08-2011, 04:57 PM
Good thread, you guys crack me up!

I'm sitting at 65 and I don't plan on leveling up for a while. I want to bump up my defense and economy so I'm ready to face the big boys and girls. Believe it or not my 'mom' got me into this game and she is in the 70s and not at all equipped to handle herself at that level. But she's all about the story missions anyway. And she refuses to lower her mafia size cause she would feel bad removing people lol. I would like to get strong enough not to have to lower my mafia size, it's not a problem right now.
I really didn't know what was up untill I was in the 30s or 40s
Mafia 350/325 active

Atk-7007
Def-7410
Hourly income -$23855 - yes I have 2 Lmats lvl9/10