PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Accounts question

Corporal Punishment 2
12-31-2016, 06:40 AM
My understanding is that linking multiple accounts via GameCentre (iOS) or GooglePlay (Droid) is it allows you to:
a) switch between multiple accounts on one device
b) run different accounts on different devices at the same time

As someone who has been doing both on two iPhones and an iPad, I was surprised when I got a second iPad that i couldn't run different accounts on the two iPads. Regardless of which of my accounts I try to log into, I can't run MW on both iPads at the same time - logging into the second iPad kicks me out of the first one.

This is what happens. Two of my six accounts are called CP, IBB and Harvey (it doesn't matter which ones I try the result is the same).

Switch from CP to Harvey on iPad 2
Relaunch MW on iPad 1 (should log in as CP, and would do if it was an iPhone) - Harvey is active and iPad 2 kicks me out (!)
Switch from Harvey to IBB on iPad 1
Relaunch MW on iPad 2 (should log in as Harvey) - IBB is active and iPad 1 kicks me out.

I haver been ticketing GREE for months and all they say is: you can't log onto two different accounts on two different devices if the accounts are linked to the same GameCentre. I keep trying to explain I 've been doing it for YEARS with one iPad and two iPhones but they just ignore that.

Am I losing my marbles?

Help!

Corporal Punishment 2
01-06-2017, 11:51 AM
Wow, over 100 views and not a single reply. Not even the courtesy of a reply from Hightower.

Sadly I can't say I'm surprised.

Twist of Cain
01-06-2017, 12:24 PM
Hi...............

WBS
01-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Sorry I don't know much about that issue so I am useless to reply. Hightower I'm sure has seen this and I'm not sure why he wouldn't?

HellRaizer
01-06-2017, 11:35 PM
Me to. I have 9 accounts but I've only ever be logged onto two separate accounts at the same time when using one Droid device and one IOS device

sbs2716g
01-07-2017, 04:46 AM
I tot it is alway like that? For example I have 2 different Google play id. One log in on iPhone (linked to game centre).if I switch my android to the other Google account, the one on iPhone will get error.
Not sure why u won't get error on iPhone but i do encounter error on iPhone

Annihilator2
01-07-2017, 08:42 PM
MW doesn't support multiple Google and/or multiple Apple accounts linked together but time came for such support.

Arizona
01-09-2017, 09:09 AM
You can only have one account active on any device at one time.
If it says *session ended* or words to that effect. Ignore it.
Open the other device and you'll see that same account is active.
You'll need to switch that active account to another one if you want to reload your original *session ended* account.
Sounds complicated but all it comes down to is one account active on one device at one time.
GL

Corporal Punishment 2
01-09-2017, 10:58 AM
I am not trying to open the same account on two devices - I am trying to open two DIFFERENT accounts on two devices. I can do this with two iPhones or one iPhone and an iPad. But when I try to do it on two iPads it doesn't work. Whatever account I have open on either iPad separately, as soon as I try to open MW on both, they both try to open the same account.

Like I say this isn't the case with two iPhones or on iPhone and an iPad - so clearly a bug.

The surprising thing is that Tech Support (sic) say you can't open two accounts on two devices at all.

solper
01-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Sounds like iphone does not synchronise but ipads does.

Dumas
01-10-2017, 04:11 PM
OP,

I run multiple devices(iOS/Droid) all running multiple accts from the same Apple ID and Google ID and have never seen this before except in an extreme rare case of Android devices. On the other hand I have never tried running on two iPads before. I don't have access to 2 iPads exactly, but do have access to 2 iPad Minis that I can try this on and see what happens.... I will let you know if it works on them or not.

Speed ump
01-10-2017, 08:21 PM
It sounds like you have the two iPads set up as the same device possibly, what you do n one updates the other. I know I have a few like that and I find new apps or games that someone in my family downloaded on theirs. I changed some settings to keep that from happening, and they are now all set up on completely diff Apple ids, etc. I have multiple games, and keep them on completely diff devices and do not link any to gamecenters.