PDA

View Full Version : Expanding hood size the long way

617Pats
11-05-2011, 02:31 PM
I use to think expanding my hood in both directions was good for size but expanding hood more in one direction might be better. If you expand the long way in which the block is basically shown going down to the left when scrolling it is 40 sidewalk blocks long. It takes forever and costs alot more money to expand your hood the more you do it, so I would suggest expanding more in this direction as opposed to having smaller blocks. The smaller blocks are only 16 sidewalk blocks in width after the original area which is 10 sidewalk block width. Just something for those expanding their hoods to consider.

skunk
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Since an expansion adds the same number of blocks whether you go left or right, expanding your hood equally in both directions gives you the best value for money.
If you put all expansions in one direction you'll get less blocks to build on.
Pure logic, no randomness here - keep it square.

skunk

Kirbnite
11-05-2011, 02:47 PM
At least expand to the 16 then expand the othe direction till you hit 40. Then building the other way brings much much more real estate. I agree. I expanded equally in each direction and wish I did as above when I first began expanding. Now I'm set, but there was a point where I had all the low income buildings using up all my build area.

Leetfeet
11-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Personally I try not to think of it as just gaining maximum blocks for the money, but rather unlocking the space I need. Aiming for a square of course, but if I need the next row to fit 8x8 buildings I try to unlock a new street in the "right" direction.