PDA

View Full Version : WD cancelled?

Rob2
10-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Can we get a conformation from Gree here that WD will be cancelled?
A lot of people talking about it on Intel rooms and post screenshots about a gree rep talking about this. A bit waste of time to continue if it's cancelled in a couple of hours...

crazeejay
10-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Don't worry. They'll kill this WD and start up another dumpster fire in its place..lol

MajikUF
10-01-2016, 01:40 PM
The graphic floating around looked very fake, but the announcement here doesn't.

Guess it's over.

carl9764
10-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Yet again another total cock up and health packs wasted time to call it a day on this game

Agent Orange
10-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Well at least they pulled the pin and are taking steps to try and refund players. This is something I have not seen in a very long time if ever and it's stickied
to the top of the page so that is a hopeful sign.

I did do three battles this morning and on IOS it was pretty much unplayable, on my iPhone IOS 10 I got locked out of GC even with relogging back and
to make things even more interesting the list of linked accounts were my Android accounts and not the normal one's linked to my IOS GC account. I had
to revert to an iPad 2 which does not accept IOS 10 updates but at least ran the updated MW version albeit extremely slowly to the point I gave up.

giz
10-01-2016, 03:31 PM
Can gree confirm that the players who have either bought gold/used gold to get medi kits will be getting either a refund or the items bought earned and used replaced?also are any items earned in the event to date safe or will they be taken back?
Like many I used gold to get medi kits so I'd like what i used back or returned please as this wasn't a player mistake rather than an issue with event programming

[PM] President Hightower
10-01-2016, 03:49 PM
After the event has been cancelled and removed we will begin working on refunding all gold spend and health packs used during the event.

WBS
10-01-2016, 03:49 PM
Im quite happy WD is cancelled, I personally hope it never comes back. Gree at least communicated this time, something that they have failed at in the past.

HellRaizer
10-01-2016, 04:02 PM
Just to summarise..

Gold used to purchase refills will be returned
Packs that were used to refill will be returned
Walls will be returned
Resources including gold to build walls or speed build will be refunded

Units won during the time played will NOT be removed
Prizes that would have been rewarded at the end will not be rewarded
Packs that were bought with gold, but not yet used will NOT be converted back into gold as they can be used at a later date

That's the info as it stands

Jg48
10-01-2016, 04:04 PM
So what is taking so long at shutting down WD it's only been over 3 hours since you said you were shutting it down

Rob2
10-01-2016, 04:56 PM
What are you waiting for. Just pull the plug...

[PM] Aurelius
10-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Shutting down the event is a time intensive process right now because we are being cautious to make sure additional things don't go wrong. We are working hard not to make the situation worse. Thank you for your patience.

chrisdonaldson517
10-01-2016, 05:42 PM
The prizes earned from day 1 & day 2 war zone will we be able to keep them ?

Jg48
10-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Yep same old same old. You try and fix one problem and then you create 3 more that take for ever you to try and fix.

Annihilator2
10-01-2016, 10:29 PM
Cancelling this WD is correct decision and made properly. My respect to Gree and their people.
(I think that it is first time when I said good words about them :))

Angel Baby
10-02-2016, 12:36 AM
Aurelius;1564507']Shutting down the event is a time intensive process right now because we are being cautious to make sure additional things don't go wrong. We are working hard not to make the situation worse. Thank you for your patience.

This is why we have so much faith in Gree. Do they check anything before putting it out or do they have a Delorean?

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-02-2016, 03:16 AM
Cancelled? Oh dear, and this is the update: Update 1: The event has been ended early and the game appears to be stable. We will be issuing the above refund by end of day 8/2/2016 pacific time.Cancelled BEFORE it even began. Refunds returned BEFORE you began spending on 09-30. Magical, mystical, unusual.......................LMF-LAZY-AO

Tinker
10-02-2016, 04:25 AM
Cancelled? Oh dear, and this is the update: Update 1: The event has been ended early and the game appears to be stable. We will be issuing the above refund by end of day 8/2/2016 pacific time.Cancelled BEFORE it even began. Refunds returned BEFORE you began spending on 09-30. Magical, mystical, unusual.......................LMF-LAZY-AO

Be kind. It must be very embarrassing to be a Gree employee. What do they say at a party when asked where they work or what do they do? I'm sure a sanitation worker would have an easier time with this question.

Sierra Hotel
10-02-2016, 06:38 AM
Our 60 member faction had 6 wars under our belt before Gree pulled the plug. That's a lot of hours and results wiped off the board. Translate that for all the participating factions for this event ...... what a colossal waste of time! Wait, I might be onto something here after all these years playing this game..... hmmm.

Anyone who participated in the event should be compensated for time wasted on this event/SNAFU and not just those who used health packs and gold. Just saying.

carl9764
10-02-2016, 06:43 AM
I used about 25 health packs on one account and god knows how many on me other accounts, plus as leader 2 walls upgraded to level17 for bonus

HellRaizer
10-02-2016, 07:48 AM
I used about 25 health packs on one account and god knows how many on me other accounts, plus as leader 2 walls upgraded to level17 for bonus

All of that will be refunded

squintycath
10-02-2016, 08:29 AM
WD was messed up...we all know that. But let's shine a light on the positive. Gree is actually communicating with us!! How many of you can tell me, that one year ago, you would have believed it possible. A year ago, Gree would have started the event, clocked out for the weekend and we would hear nothing from them till Monday.
Will the game ever be perfect? No. Are they working on making sure we get what we paid for? Yes.

plavine
10-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Frankly , WD was working great for my team .
We were 9-0 , got premium matchups , and i had targets that were higher level than i am .
I'm a little sad.

giz
10-02-2016, 09:49 AM
We were 9-0 , got premium matchups , and i had targets that were higher level than i am .
I'm a little sad.

My faction was top 20 lol and I'd hit almost 100k within the First 18 hours to say I'm annoyed is an understatement, however with our placings on the leader boards yo-yoing up and down everywhere gree had do do something for all affected

Brown Out
10-02-2016, 10:25 AM

Yep, same here.

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-02-2016, 10:41 AM
I DEW NUTTIN. :cool:

Good or bad, NUTTIN 'bout this shameful thingy no longer bothers, annoys, or harms me.

However, I DEW understand :rolleyes: how and why this shameful thingy perseveres.

Friends and foes, deed I DEW. ;)

LOL

HellRaizer
10-02-2016, 10:58 AM
My guys where in T100 at the time but fighting people at T400 ... So our battles were piss easy...

And that's the point, the inbalances weren't fair..

Top 10 teams kept bouncing down the leaderboard and matching teams that literally couldn't hit them...

Some teams where getting stupidly easy legendary matches while others, it was the reverse

That's why their were numerous (within the chats) complaints from people spending on the event

plavine
10-02-2016, 05:49 PM
When i was in a weaker faction , i used to post on this forum that i was getting unfair matchups( times where the opponents DL was as strong as my entire team) . I got numerous "tough cr_p responses here . When i sent a ticket in , i was given the standard "how the matchups work" response.
So who important got the short end on this one that made gree take action.

Jg48
10-02-2016, 06:54 PM
@ plavine the top 5 teams of course

sbs2716g
10-03-2016, 01:35 AM
Anyone gotten the health packs back? my accounts did not get it back..

carl9764
10-03-2016, 02:52 AM
Not got mine yet

Jg48
10-03-2016, 05:17 AM
Got my gold and packs back. NOW I want compensation for time spent playing broken event thank you

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Got my gold and packs back. NOW I want compensation for time spent playing broken event thank youCount your blessings, mate. You got all you're gonna get. Now, get smart, stay smart. LOL

Yahoo
10-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Our mini's worked there ass of a and went to 9-2 when it was announced it would stop.they went to extra efforts this time.... As most players, they make the efforts for the group of friends, not really the fun off sacrificing hours to tap, pushing RL back to always be there...
So expect some rewards for players and factions that spend a lot of time...

Yahoo
10-03-2016, 09:52 AM
Players reaction to the wasted time :
Is niet leuk meer
Valt altijd uit
Zit altijd vast
Dan weer geen verbinding
Is altijd iets met da spel
Mag niet te lang meer duren of ik stop ermee

Or translated :
Is not fun anymore
always being kicked out
Is always freezing/getting stuck
Then again no connection
It's always something with da game
If this continuous, hould not be too long before I quit

Blest@iBOB!.mw
10-03-2016, 11:03 AM
So last night I get my gold refunded and I'm happy... I can't believe that I'm actually made whole by GREE... I buy MedPacs with it so I'm ready for next WD... So today GREE takes my MedPacs... Are you serious?

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-03-2016, 04:19 PM
So last night I get my gold refunded and I'm happy... I can't believe that I'm actually made whole by GREE... I buy MedPacs with it so I'm ready for next WD... So today GREE takes my MedPacs... Are you serious?This is that RARE gift that keeps on giving, giving, and giving. LOL

DEWIN NUTTIN
10-03-2016, 04:20 PM
DUZ even a DEW NUTTIN loser like me get them golds, too? LMFAO

smbass77
10-07-2016, 08:12 AM
atleast you all got your refund that was promised here in the forums. I never did, 150 packs down the drain.

feel free to join a class action lawsuit that is about to happen, see the other thread. Unfortunately with class action, the lawyers get most, maybe us players will get a few hundred.....but we will certainly hurt GREE more than any stupid boycott that obviously doesn't work.

crazeejay
10-08-2016, 03:24 AM
oh no!!!! The dreaded "Class action lawsuit" again. LOLOLOL How many times have these words been spoken in the past? Too much talking and not enough walking! :)