PDA

View Full Version : IOS 10 Release: IMPORTANT

Dj ANGERFiST
09-12-2016, 12:53 PM
DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS 10!!!
CC, MW & KA will not load & crash out!!!

Turn OFF auto-updates!!!

KEEP CHECKING FORUM FOR INFORMATION TO BE ANNOUNCED

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Just as many suspected.
I hope people see and heed your warning.

AiroMimmo
09-12-2016, 01:58 PM
...... and still no word from Gree......

Dj ANGERFiST
09-12-2016, 03:34 PM
...... and still no word from Gree......

Spoken with gree... they will be posting a Sticky later on today about ios 10. Doesnt help that Apple have not contacted developers about it prior to its release

AiroMimmo
09-12-2016, 11:43 PM
Spoken with gree... they will be posting a Sticky later on today about ios 10. Doesnt help that Apple have not contacted developers about it prior to its release
Apple has a thing called Developers Program, and allows you to access to all betas, months and months before the release of the ultimate OS Version. It's made on pourpose to give to all developers a preview of the new OS.

Stubby1113
09-13-2016, 06:36 AM
iOS 10 isn't even out yet.

carl9764
09-13-2016, 06:52 AM
Its out here in the UK in 3 hours time

Big John
09-13-2016, 07:24 AM
iOS update available, will that fix it?

Stubby1113
09-13-2016, 07:52 AM
Yes but reporting issues with beta does nobody good

carl9764
09-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Just done ios10 update MW has not got multiple account option but crime city does

carl9764
09-13-2016, 11:15 AM
Now I have logged out of game then back in again option to swap accounts is back

Stubby1113
09-13-2016, 12:16 PM
You mean the end of the world didn't happen

Yahoo
09-13-2016, 12:29 PM
Is there still a way to set/change Game Center ID?
I use more than one Game Center on my iPad, switching, is that still possible with ios10?
Also on iphone6 using game center ID from old iPhone 3s that do MW anymore, so different from Apple ID on that phone ?

Agent Orange
09-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Update to 10 is 2.15GB. Beware if you are on data.

Agent Orange
09-13-2016, 04:48 PM
Apple has a thing called Developers Program, and allows you to access to all betas, months and months before the release of the ultimate OS Version. It's made on pourpose to give to all developers a preview of the new OS.

Yes but but you are bound by a non disclosure agreement.....

Agent Orange
09-13-2016, 04:50 PM
I use more than one Game Center on my iPad, switching, is that still possible with ios10?
Also on iphone6 using game center ID from old iPhone 3s that do MW anymore, so different from Apple ID on that phone ?

Apple has disabled old GC user id's in the past.... Linking to an android device might be prudent.

carl9764
09-14-2016, 12:22 AM
All I can say is it works on my devices can still load multiple accounts

DEWIN NUTTIN
09-14-2016, 04:17 AM
All I can say is it works on my devices can still load multiple accountsThe virus always starts ever so innocuously, slowly it mutates, then wham, lock out, thank you ma'am.

Rolinz
09-14-2016, 08:50 AM

I updated my iPhone 5s and iPad Air to iOS 10.0.1 and the GAME CENTER is still there.

Maybe that is why it is still working for people that upgraded.

Not sure when GAME CENTER will disappear with later updates to iOS 10.

OlapDev
09-14-2016, 09:00 AM
I updated my iPhone 5s and iPad Air to iOS 10.0.1 and the GAME CENTER is still there.

Maybe that is why it is still working for people that upgraded.

Not sure when GAME CENTER will disappear with later updates to iOS 10..

You can delete the Game Center App in 10

[PM] Aurelius
09-14-2016, 11:22 AM
The core of why we recommend against updating is because we are getting reports, and seeing from our side, cases where upgrading causes issues. It is working for some people, but it is a risk to do the upgrade currently if you don't have a backup device. Developers are currently investigating and making sure that account linking works properly in all cases on iOS 10 is a top priority.

killbillbst
09-15-2016, 03:36 AM
But why were the developers not working on this when the betas of ios 10 were available for them to test and work on a fix?

Vile Lynn
09-15-2016, 09:00 AM
But why were the developers not working on this when the betas of ios 10 were available for them to test and work on a fix?

You assume this just occured to them after iOS 10 was released?

Of course, they've been preparing for iOS 10's release.
Beta is not the final version. As he said, some devices work, some don't, and their top priority right now is to get everything working properly with iOS 10.

Btw, even Apple had issues with their own iOS release. Google it.

WBS
09-15-2016, 04:57 PM

Beta is not the final version. As he said, some devices work, some don't, and their top priority right now is to get everything working properly with iOS 10.

I don't think anyone needs to google Gree's track record. You actually are giving Apple a compliment, if you have to google to find a problem you know there isn't a lot. I wish gree had that kind of track record.

On another note I do thank gree for communicating the issue.

Rolinz
09-16-2016, 12:28 AM
I do appreciate the improved communications from Aurelius!

Even if the response is something I do not like or agree with, it is better than the very late responses or we just ignore you and never respond like before.

killbillbst
09-16-2016, 01:10 AM

It was the same when ios9 (and I seem to recall ios8) dropped, other big games have their apps updated ready for the big releases where Gree never do.

360 Joules
09-16-2016, 10:40 AM
Dammit. Didn'come here first to read this thread. Updated to ios10 on iphone 6s and ipad air1. Now have no access to 3 accounts i had linked via Game Center (to accounts on older devices that haven't been able to load MW for years). Guess this is the end of my run w MW (on all except 2 accounts). Thank you MW and the app store for making my life more simple now. With only 2 accts i will have a lot of time to spend money/time on real life and othergamesnow;)

Agent Orange
09-17-2016, 12:59 PM
I believe part of the issue is that those of us with really old accounts who also have very old Apple accounts are the most likely to get problems. Why I suggested linking to another device such as an Android Tablet or Bluestacks.

This happened before when Apple changed the login requirements for Apple accounts, prior to a this if you had an old account the user ID was not required to be an email. When Apple switched to requiring an email address for GC accounts this broke a lot of things not the least of which was linking in MW. This did eventually get fixed but it seems to me it took nearly a month and I am not sure if it can even be fixed this time.

So if you are thinking of upgrading to IOS 10 I would strongly suggest backing up your device first in case you need to do a complete restore, plus if possible link to an Android device as a fail safe. If you have an old Apple GC account or Apple account in general you stand a pretty good chance that things are going to be bad.

For those posting that they did not have issues, I think you need to be a lot more specific. Are you using a new or old GC log in, do you even have linked accounts and could these have been on the old system? Just posting that it 'worked' could really screw someone else up completely.

beebs
09-17-2016, 01:26 PM
my account is 3 years old with new login id, i have multi accounts and linked to a driod. I didn't have access to my other accounts after new update until i went in settings and logged in to game center. now my game seams to be working fine

Agent Orange
09-17-2016, 03:12 PM
my account is 3 years old with new login id, i have multi accounts and linked to a driod. I didn't have access to my other accounts after new update until i went in settings and logged in to game center. now my game seams to be working fine

I'm more curious about those with older logins. But it is worth trying what you suggest. Hopefully the fellow that posted about being locked out tries it and reports back.