PDA

View Full Version : NEW iOS 10 Release: IMPORTANT

Dj ANGERFiST
09-07-2016, 06:41 PM
If you are an IOS user and have multiple accounts linked to your Gamecenter Account... wether it be Crime City, Modern War.. or ANY other games

!!!!!!!!! DO NOT UPDATE YOUR DEVICE !!!!!!!!!!!

Apple have officially announced that Gamecenter will no longer be available on the new release, due in the next week or so.

This an Apple issue and unrelated to Gree or any other games developer.. Spread the word amongst your teams and friends. ☺

Will update when find out more!

It may be supposrted in a different form but as of yet, there is no clear information on it.. anywhere... so be careful

<3 Hz
09-07-2016, 07:40 PM
Yep, let's keep players in the stone ages running outdated software! lol

It stinks that the battery completely went bad on my old iPhone 3GS. The game ran so nicely on iOS 4.3.5, in fact I wasn't able to crash it no matter how hard I tried!

Stubby1113
09-08-2016, 06:25 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2016/06/14/apple-kills-the-game-center-app-but-the-service-will-continue/amp/

Game Center will still be active

Dj ANGERFiST
09-08-2016, 07:23 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2016/06/14/apple-kills-the-game-center-app-but-the-service-will-continue/amp/

Game Center will still be active

No word yet tho as to how.. so dont update until you know for sure you can use it ☺ somehow

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/16/06/20/inside-ios-10-with-game-center-app-gone-invites

Dj ANGERFiST
09-08-2016, 08:08 AM
Apple says they have been intouch with developers about implementing a work around in individual apps... not sure if gree can tell us anymore or not? Please ☺

killbillbst
09-08-2016, 10:17 AM
You expect clear commication from Gree :rolleyes:

Dj ANGERFiST
09-08-2016, 12:04 PM
You expect clear commication from Gree :rolleyes:

Have sent a message to the team.. hopefully will hear back shortly ☺ fingers crossed they know something more

Dj ANGERFiST
09-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Hey Guys!

GREE will be issuing a Sticky Thread soon about IOS 10 release.. just making sure all the information they have is correct & understood before posting!

So keep ur eyes out for it ☺
I hope its good news for you!

<3 Hz
09-10-2016, 06:44 AM
Hopefully GREE will stop blaming Apple..."Apple's new OS is junk, blah, blah, blah, go run ios7 or earlier."

It's 100% GREE's fault...if you ask them why virtually all other games run just fine on ios10 it really puts them on the spot.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-10-2016, 09:16 AM
Hopefully GREE will stop blaming Apple..."Apple's new OS is junk, blah, blah, blah, go run ios7 or earlier."

It's 100% GREE's fault...if you ask them why virtually all other games run just fine on ios10 it really puts them on the spot.

Ios10 isnt even officially released yet.. give them a break lol.. u already told us ur using Beta.. which means it not finished

killbillbst
09-10-2016, 02:05 PM
The GM (aka gold master - i.e. final) was available Wednesday

Dj ANGERFiST
09-10-2016, 03:03 PM
The GM (aka gold master - i.e. final) was available Wednesday

No clue what u mean lol

-Batman-
09-12-2016, 10:55 AM
hope geedy pull there finger out and gets this sorted before Friday

-Batman-
09-12-2016, 12:28 PM
I still recommend NOT to update to IOS 10 yet

That's the problem come Friday if you get the new iPhone your screwed your on iOS 10

Dj ANGERFiST
09-12-2016, 12:45 PM
Will have to just use the devices u already have. Hold off on buying new until developers post the information you guys need. Best thing to do i think
That's the problem come Friday if you get the new iPhone your screwed your on iOS 10

Dj ANGERFiST
09-12-2016, 12:52 PM
DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS 10!!!
CC, MW & KA will not load & crash out!!!

Turn OFF auto-updates!!!

KEEP CHECKING FORUM FOR INFORMATION TO BE ANNOUNCED

Agent X
09-13-2016, 12:17 PM
DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS 10!!!
CC, MW & KA will not load & crash out!!!

Turn OFF auto-updates!!!

KEEP CHECKING FORUM FOR INFORMATION TO BE ANNOUNCED

Bull****!
CC loads, works well and all accounts are still linked!

killbillbst
09-14-2016, 04:05 AM
Its not like the beta of ios 10 hasn't been available for developers to sort this out months ago!

<3 Hz
09-14-2016, 04:45 AM
Thanks for finally fixing!!!!!!!

Evan1000
09-14-2016, 10:31 AM
I heard it works fine on iOS 10, the app "Game Center" is gone but the function of switching accounts still works

Dj ANGERFiST
09-14-2016, 11:31 AM
Its not like the beta of ios 10 hasn't been available for developers to sort this out months ago!

Beta is beta... cant build an app for an unfinished OS that may be changed before release lol

Dj ANGERFiST
09-14-2016, 11:46 AM
iOS 10 has been tested on a friends iPhone 5 this morning. Seemed to work ok, as Evan said, gamecenter is gone but switching ability still shows and seems to work so far...

Unfortunately, as it worked on iPhone 5, my friend took a risk and updated his iPhone 6 to iOS 10... and encountered a range of other problems.. He has had to have his software reverted back to the previous version to use Crime City properly. The game did load up, but here is the list of parts of the game tried..

:: LTB ::
Game crashes
:: SYNDICATE BASE ::
Opens but can't build / combine or Produce
:: Bundles ::
Game crashes
:: PVP Rivals List Attacks ::
Seems to work
:: KingPin Menu ::
Seems to work

If anyone else has updated.. please post any issues you find.. It may help the team when preparing fix ☺

Thanks to Jonnyboy of UTF for testing! ☺

killbillbst
09-14-2016, 01:28 PM
Beta is beta... cant build an app for an unfinished OS that may be changed before release lol

You really don't have a clue about app development do you

Evan1000
09-14-2016, 02:28 PM

#threadwinner

evj
09-14-2016, 02:57 PM
FYI: I have updated iphone 6S, CC works fine. Ipad Pro also updated. CC HD doesnt work, but CC for iphone works fine on the ipad. Game Center login is still here, all my accounts are available. Not made any new accounts or tried a transfer.

Good luck :)

Dj ANGERFiST
09-14-2016, 03:13 PM

Nope.... And? Dont see anyone else trying to help.. pretty much everything posted is complaints lol

Common sense.. if something is not finished and can change at any moment.. how do u plan for it?

Dj ANGERFiST
09-14-2016, 03:14 PM
FYI: I have updated iphone 6S, CC works fine. Ipad Pro also updated. CC HD doesnt work, but CC for iphone works fine on the ipad. Game Center login is still here, all my accounts are available. Not made any new accounts or tried a transfer.

Good luck :)

Apparently its 'sometimes works sometimes doesnt'. If its working for u, great... just here to pass info and help ☺

Agent X
09-14-2016, 03:45 PM
This ^

iOS 10 has been tested on a friends iPhone 5 this morning. Seemed to work ok, as Evan said, gamecenter is gone but switching ability still shows and seems to work so far...

Unfortunately, as it worked on iPhone 5, my friend took a risk and updated his iPhone 6 to iOS 10... and encountered a range of other problems.. He has had to have his software reverted back to the previous version to use Crime City properly. The game did load up, but here is the list of parts of the game tried..

:: LTB ::
Game crashes
:: SYNDICATE BASE ::
Opens but can't build / combine or Produce
:: Bundles ::
Game crashes
:: PVP Rivals List Attacks ::
Seems to work
:: KingPin Menu ::
Seems to work

If anyone else has updated.. please post any issues you find.. It may help the team when preparing fix ☺

Thanks to Jonnyboy of UTF for testing! ☺
Your friend phone has something else wrong, updated on iphone 6 and iphone6S+, everything work well. So why your friend mobile doesn't work? Need an HowTo update properly?

You started this thread with DO NOT UPDATE, GAME CENTER IS GONE! Have you read new iOS features before writing such bull**** thread?! I guess no ...

Vile Lynn
09-14-2016, 04:29 PM
*snip*
Agent X.. I approved both of your posts in this thread. Watch your language, please.

OP was trying to help and that IS the info GREE gave us at the time: better safe than sorry.

Agent X
09-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Agent X.. I approved both of your posts in this thread. Watch your language, please.

OP was trying to help and that IS the info GREE gave us at the time: better safe than sorry.

So gree told us to keep outdated OS just in case their app full of glitches don't work with it?
Have GreeSkilledTech also said GameCenter and its features will be removed so linked accounts will not work?

If so ...

Dj ANGERFiST
09-14-2016, 05:28 PM
This ^

Your friend phone has something else wrong, updated on iphone 6 and iphone6S+, everything work well. So why your friend mobile doesn't work? Need an HowTo update properly?

You started this thread with DO NOT UPDATE, GAME CENTER IS GONE! Have you read new iOS features before writing such bull**** thread?! I guess no ...

I made this thread because i kept seeing people asking if no game center was true or not.. so i went and did some homewrok on the matter to get an answer
FOR THE PLAYERS!

All information found pointed to it being CONFIRMED as removed.. even by apple themselves.. if you cant understand that, and cant see when someone is trying to help... then i suggest you go look yourself! There is screenshots and links posted up.. ☺

Thanks for taking the time to create an account to be abusive with ☺

Like VL just said...
BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

Agent X
09-14-2016, 05:42 PM
I made this thread because i kept seeing people asking if no game center was true or not.. so i went and did some homewrok on the matter to get an answer
FOR THE PLAYERS!

All information found pointed to it being CONFIRMED as removed.. even by apple themselves.. if you cant understand that, and cant see when someone is trying to help... then i suggest you go look yourself! There is screenshots and links posted up.. ☺

Like VL just said...
BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

Please just read again all these "informations", Apple made it clear, Game Center app would be removed from homescreen but the functionality that came with it is not.
You just made a lot of players worry with your wrong informations, but I guess no problem you just tried to help.

Thanks for taking the time to create an account to be abusive with ☺
Again you misread easy details, I'm a forum user since 2014 :D

Dj ANGERFiST
09-15-2016, 07:13 AM
Aurelius;1563977']The core of why we recommend against updating is because we are getting reports, and seeing from our side, cases where upgrading causes issues. It is working for some people, but it is a risk to do the upgrade currently if you don't have a backup device. Developers are currently investigating and making sure that account linking works properly in all cases on iOS 10 is a top priority.
From MW General

Vile Lynn
09-15-2016, 09:51 AM
Apple is having their own issues with iOS 10 after it's release, so it's not just GREE... fyi.

I'm not updating until further notice.

aWebsheep
09-15-2016, 10:22 AM
Here all is working Modern War, Need for Speed, Boom Beach, you name it and it works. Only not CC.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-15-2016, 10:28 AM
Please just read again all these "informations", Apple made it clear, Game Center app would be removed from homescreen but the functionality that came with it is not.
You just made a lot of players worry with your wrong informations, but I guess no problem you just tried to help.

If you scroll back to the OP you will see i did say that...

It may be supported in a different form but as of yet, there is no clear information on it.. anywhere... so be careful...

Also if you scroll through the posts you will find complaints from ios users about ios 10.. Prior to mine ☺

Vile Lynn
09-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Closing this thread while we wait for an official announcement :)