PDA

View Full Version : ***** NAME CHANGING: Street Assault *****

DjSyla
08-28-2016, 07:31 PM
Its still happening and its not right...
Ive just woke up to hearing many complaining and lots of ticket screenshots being shown...
When a team Declares... right after, they change their name.. resulting in exploiting a mistake/flaw in the system.. (or glitch, as some people refer to as mistakes).. and this being that the system DOES NOT update a Syndicates Name Change on any leaderboards or on any Ingame screen until AFTER said battle has ended.. so people are wasting there deploys AND/OR gold to have all the points taken by a big team in disguise...

Please STOP this from happening....
This is and always has been exploiting a mistake to gain an unfair advantage....

The ONLY legitimate way to fix this is to LOCK sydicates 100% during these events.. or make it so a name change takes effect immediately on all screens and system as soon as the Change Name button is pressed.

THANKS FOR LISTENING
Behalf of The wider Crime City Community! ☺

Please LOCK this thread.. is feedback for the team to read only.. Thanks ☺

Blaggard
08-29-2016, 04:46 AM
I quite like solving the mystery of which team we are facing during inferno

PC77
08-29-2016, 02:11 PM
It's quite easy to figure out, just don't deploy till you make sure. They'll never change it cause they are making plenty from the countless 50 gold changes

MISTERFTW
08-29-2016, 03:52 PM
Ive just woke up to hearing many complaining and lots of ticket screenshots being shown...
When a team Declares... right after, they change their name.. resulting in exploiting a mistake/flaw in the system.. (or glitch, as some people refer to as mistakes).. and this being that the system DOES NOT update a Syndicates Name Change on any leaderboards or on any Ingame screen until AFTER said battle has ended.. so people are wasting there deploys AND/OR gold to have all the points taken by a big team in disguise...

This is and always has been exploiting a mistake to gain an unfair advantage....

The ONLY legitimate way to fix this is to LOCK sydicates 100% during these events.. or make it so a name change takes effect immediately on all screens and system as soon as the Change Name button is pressed.

THANKS FOR LISTENING

It's not too hard to just check syndicate invite codes, just need to have a throwaway account that's not in a syndicate to do so

Dj ANGERFiST
08-30-2016, 12:27 AM
It's not too hard to just check syndicate invite codes, just need to have a throwaway account that's not in a syndicate to do so

True ☺
But unfortunately that doesnt always work, plus im pretty sure there is alot of syndicates out there who are not in the loop with knowing invite codes.. i did post some but it wasnt fair really to post other teams codes.. so it will have to just be passed around using the 3rd party apps we use ☺ and hey bud!! Long time no see! Used to help ur synd on old RB lol ☺

Captain Torgue
08-30-2016, 04:50 AM

THANKS FOR LISTENING

sounds like you need the WHAMBULANCE!

Evan1000
09-01-2016, 11:33 AM
It's not a glitch, the syndicate leaderboard intentionally doesn't update until the battle is over.

If you see a team name you don't recognize, try looking at the individual leaderboard. If there is someone with 300m points on that un-recognizable team, it's safe to assume they're a top team.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-01-2016, 03:42 PM
It's not a glitch, the syndicate leaderboard intentionally doesn't update until the battle is over.

If you see a team name you don't recognize, try looking at the individual leaderboard. If there is someone with 300m points on that un-recognizable team, it's safe to assume they're a top team.
Doesnt always change on indi leaderboard.. a person has to hit after name change for it to show.. its just not right regardless.. leaderboards should show name changes when its changed, or should be fully lockdown during a locked event.

DirtBagCronin
09-01-2016, 04:25 PM
sounds like you need the WHAMBULANCE!

Fully agree!

LeatherKicks
09-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Also fully agree. Lock it!!!!

If you have to be a bunch of vaginas to get points anyway, no one is really impressed.

But... regardless, check every leaderboard. Ive yet to have an issue in finding who someone is as a team.

Red BD
09-02-2016, 11:13 PM
Hmmmmmmmm....... This is always going to happen so long as there are folks (or whiners or geekoidic messes from under the compost or SAS) who FEEL the game enough to waste 50 gold on such nonsense to win.... What exactly?

I used to think when SAS appropriated my crew's name it was a compliment.

Never claimed I wasn't a fool.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-20-2016, 12:20 PM
Any news on this yet please? Syndicate name

Foty
09-20-2016, 06:39 PM
How can you tell who is in the syn during S.A.? The only way I have seen is if someone posts in global chat, which doesnt always work minds u. So all the posters here that say check who is in syn before u deploy, please explain how.

MISTERFTW
09-20-2016, 06:48 PM
How can you tell who is in the syn during S.A.? The only way I have seen is if someone posts in global chat, which doesnt always work minds u. So all the posters here that say check who is in syn before u deploy, please explain how.

You need to have an acct not in a syndicate that can check top rank team syndicate invote codes. Very easy, pm me if you need a list of codes

Vile Lynn
09-21-2016, 11:09 AM

First, you need the Syndicate names, not tags, from the SA Battle Match Splash Screen.
Using the premise that most players in the Top 10 don't jump around, we check Indy Leader Board (LB) for high scorers and sort it by Syn name. Then we match Indy names with the Syn LB: comparing Indy names with Syn names helps us figure out if we are matched with a top ranking syndicate or not. Easy peasy. ;)

Another way, using the same premise, make a list of the top 2-3 players in the top syndicates during BfEC.
Use your list as a reference during the next SA: check SA Indy LB, compare it to SA Syn LB, sorted by Syn name, and you can easily figure out what syndicate you've really matched regardless of their name with plenty of time to decide if your syn wants to deploy or not.

Good luck next SA!

Gungho
09-21-2016, 11:53 AM
The issue is that no one fights the top teams if we (the small teams) know who we are facing. SA is pretty dull as is right now. A solution would be a quicker deploy regain so we don't have to wait a whole day to get full. There would be more battles and I'm sure more gold spend by the big teams, as we could challenge them more often. And just for the record, let's be able to farm demons again, please.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-21-2016, 02:36 PM
First, you need the Syndicate names, not tags, from the SA Battle Match Splash Screen.
Using the premise that most players in the Top 10 don't jump around, we check Indy Leader Board (LB) for high scorers and sort it by Syn name. Then we match Indy names with the Syn LB: comparing Indy names with Syn names helps us figure out if we are matched with a top ranking syndicate or not. Easy peasy. ;)

Another way, using the same premise, make a list of the top 2-3 players in the top syndicates during BfEC.
Use your list as a reference during the next SA: check SA Indy LB, compare it to SA Syn LB, sorted by Syn name, and you can easily figure out what syndicate you've really matched regardless of their name with plenty of time to decide if your syn wants to deploy or not.

Good luck next SA!

That only works if a player is active after the battle has started.. names of syndicates next to a ayers name wont change unless the player you are following has deployed after the team has matched.. but even then.. sometimes they chamge name more than once after the start to try firther avoid detection.

So the best option you have to have syndicate

Vile Lynn
09-22-2016, 07:35 AM
That only works if a player is active after the battle has started.. names of syndicates next to a ayers name wont change unless the player you are following has deployed after the team has matched.. but even then.. sometimes they chamge name more than once after the start to try firther avoid detection.

So the best option you have to have syndicate

Meh, it works for us and we haven't had a problem knowing who we match.
The top players in the top syndicates are always obvious on the Indy LB and can be easily tracked after a few battles into the SA event.

Red BD
09-22-2016, 08:50 PM
Call me an idiot but isn't the simple solution for Gree, which already locks Syndicate membership during most "events", to simply LOCK Syndicate Name Changes for SA??? I bet somebody else already came up with this.
Just wanted y'all to know I'm still alive and well. (-;)

Vile Lynn
09-23-2016, 07:47 AM
Call me an idiot but isn't the simple solution for Gree, which already locks Syndicate membership during most "events", to simply LOCK Syndicate Name Changes for SA??? I bet somebody else already came up with this.
Just wanted y'all to know I'm still alive and well. (-;)

Hi Red :)
Happy to see you're alive and well! I won't call you an idiot because it does seem like a simple solution (yes, it's been suggested, see #8) to lock syndicate names when syndicates are locked for specific events, but why should GREE deny syndicate leaders that want to use gold to change their name?

I see this as a strategy... and not something that GREE needs to manage.
I don't personally agree with it; mostly because I'm proud of my syndicate: our identiy is our name which means a lot to us. Using another syndicate's name is chicken, imho, but... *shrugs* ...oh well.

As the saying goes, "All is fair in love & war", right? heh, it's kinda like "catfiishing" but instead of fooling others with a fake identiy, they're trying to fool rival syndicates. Understandably, players get upset when they are fooled, but not all of us are fooled.

Now that most of us are award of this tactic, play smarter & don't be fooled.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-23-2016, 12:09 PM
Meh, it works for us and we haven't had a problem knowing who we match.
The top players in the top syndicates are always obvious on the Indy LB and can be easily tracked after a few battles into the SA event.

Ill take ss for u next time and show u... they dont update unless a player deploys

Resulting in some top players in said teams holding off from deploying till near the end when the blitz comes..

Vile Lynn
09-23-2016, 12:48 PM
Ill take ss for u next time and show u... they dont update unless a player deploys

Resulting in some top players in said teams holding off from deploying till near the end when the blitz comes..

Looking forward to it ;)

How many times has your syndicate been blitz?

(Blitzing is an excellent strategy, btw.)

Dj ANGERFiST
09-25-2016, 02:16 AM
Enough times lol.. and yes we do check the codes and indi leaderboard as and when a match is made...

But.....

Thats where these teams now use changing names multiple times after a declare, specifically exploiting the fact that leaderboards & current matched teams will not change... thus rendering the common way of finding out who you may have , as useless... (in most cases)

For you/your team.. this may not be a big deal. But for others who think they got a good old rivalry fight on there hands (THE REAL FUN) to be fooled using such an exploit in the programming , is and always will be... unfair. And yes it hurts the team to be powering through and get "blitzed" last minutes to find out after that said team has pockets so deep, nobody has a chance to win.. its not a strategy... its an exploit..

Yes maybe less people will put up points against these teams.. but then without using such exploitive tactics.. to gain points 'unfairly', then they would have to spend gold to earn the top spots just like any other team does...

Stopping this being allowed, by locking syndicate name changes during a locked event.. is the only 'FAIR GAMEPLAY' option... and that is a resonable request to demand/impliment..

Sandukan
09-25-2016, 05:40 AM
How is it unfair? It's a battle. If you don't want to face high spending teams then lay low for a couple days. Get cheap perfects and complete goals. Last day play for rank.

Trickery is central to most conflicts. It's a part of life so why should the game be any different. GREE is also making money from it so don't expect it to change.

DirtBagCronin
09-27-2016, 02:40 AM
People time and time again forget what this games name is... CRIME city. Crime involves screwing people and deceiving people.
Changing a name is part of the deception of the event.

So many people whine. More people hitting a node the more points you get if you win. If sas stays with their name people stand down which in return makes them not score as much. I don't blame them at all for name changing to trick people.

The Solution
09-27-2016, 09:46 AM
People time and time again forget what this games name is... CRIME city. Crime involves screwing people and deceiving people.
Changing a name is part of the deception of the event.

So many people whine. More people hitting a node the more points you get if you win. If sas stays with their name people stand down which in return makes them not score as much. I don't blame them at all for name changing to trick people.

Couldn't we say the same about SAS and other Top 10 teams whining that too many teams stand down to them if they fight as their true selves? The only difference is that THEY all get exactly what they want. As if GREE wouldn't earn that 50 gold elsewhere like on a refill. All of the other teams are expected to do all this extra detective work to play the game while those that have $ to burn can just be deceitful. Yes I understand the game is called CRIME city. But I think during locked events the name change option should be frozen and all teams just man-up and play as themselves. If it's so easy to figure it out...then WHY BOTHER? and WHY WASTE THE GOLD ON THAT? Spend the 50 gold on a refill for additional points. Problem solved.

Blaggard
09-27-2016, 09:48 AM
You just need to be logged on for the name change to show.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Couldn't we say the same about SAS and other Top 10 teams whining that too many teams stand down to them if they fight as their true selves? The only difference is that THEY all get exactly what they want. As if GREE wouldn't earn that 50 gold elsewhere like on a refill. All of the other teams are expected to do all this extra detective work to play the game while those that have $ to burn can just be deceitful. Yes I understand the game is called CRIME city. But I think during locked events the name change option should be frozen and all teams just man-up and play as themselves. If it's so easy to figure it out...then WHY BOTHER? and WHY WASTE THE GOLD ON THAT? Spend the 50 gold on a refill for additional points. Problem solved.

Well said! ☺

Dj ANGERFiST
09-27-2016, 01:56 PM
You just need to be logged on for the name change to show.

No u dont u need to hit for your syndicate to register on indi leaderboard.. needs either Locking fully.. or needs to be updated to change instantly on the leaderboard when its changed..

Yes the game is called Crime City... but if you cheat or use a bug/glitch to gain an advantage... it is AGAINST the terms of service and punishable with upto, but not limited to, accounts being banned..

Using the fact that leaderboard does not update/refresh as it should, to decieve the rest of the players into throwing their gold to the wind.... is breaking such a rule and therfore needs to be changed

☺☺☺

Stubby1113
09-27-2016, 02:21 PM
Since there has been no response from gree in either of your threads about this topic, I will repeat what I said before you had my posts deleted, this function of the game is working as intended. Lag is bad in almost every aspect of the game. Just gotta deal with it

Blaggard
09-27-2016, 02:46 PM
No u dont u need to hit for your syndicate to register on indi leaderboard.. needs either Locking fully.. or needs to be updated to change instantly on the leaderboard when its changed..

Yes the game is called Crime City... but if you cheat or use a bug/glitch to gain an advantage... it is AGAINST the terms of service and punishable with upto, but not limited to, accounts being banned..

Using the fact that leaderboard does not update/refresh as it should, to decieve the rest of the players into throwing their gold to the wind.... is breaking such a rule and therfore needs to be changed

☺☺☺

Nope, it's just being logged on. No deploying needed. Caught SAS1 on a name change many times this way before they started deploying.

The Solution
09-27-2016, 03:47 PM
Since there has been no response from gree in either of your threads about this topic, I will repeat what I said before you had my posts deleted, this function of the game is working as intended. Lag is bad in almost every aspect of the game. Just gotta deal with it

No response because they would have to publicly admit to bending to the will of the top spenders. It's pretty clear why. But how do you know for sure that this function of the game is working as they actually intended? Was there a flash popup that presented this feature and the deceit it creates? A press release? If it was functioning as expected I would think the leaderboard would be properly updated showing the changed name along with the rank. But it doesn't. Plus there are many times where chunks of the ranked leaderboard are missing altogether. It's basically a bug that was never corrected because top teams benefit from it. Screw the rest of the players of the game. Give everything to the top 1%. Sound familiar?

Stubby1113
09-28-2016, 01:45 AM
It is working as intended as this is the only gree game that allows instant name changes. In all other games you need to send in a ticket to get name changes done. The leaderboard has always waited till after battles to update. This complaint is like someone saying that gold spenders shouldn't be able to buy mafia att/def mods because non gold spenders can't. All advantages are unfair to the party that doesn't get it, hence "advantage". Would the same outrage be taking place if a low ranked syn changed their name to SAS to get easy matchups or is it because someone is whining that they "wasted" gold?

DirtBagCronin
09-28-2016, 07:46 AM
All it is, is strategy. What teams need to do is create their own strategy and if that means checkin g leaderboards, syndicate base leaderboard, or syndicate codes... well then do it.

And if it really bothers you all that much about a name change maybe sa should become your weekend away from the game and sit out.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-28-2016, 07:50 AM

Already spoken with gree about it. No immediate plans to do so but are aware many dont like it and will keeping it in mind for future ☺ its not gonna be dropped... and its not going away ☺

Dj ANGERFiST
09-28-2016, 07:54 AM
It is working as intended as this is the only gree game that allows instant name changes. In all other games you need to send in a ticket to get name changes done. The leaderboard has always waited till after battles to update. This complaint is like someone saying that gold spenders shouldn't be able to buy mafia att/def mods because non gold spenders can't. All advantages are unfair to the party that doesn't get it, hence "advantage". Would the same outrage be taking place if a low ranked syn changed their name to SAS to get easy matchups or is it because someone is whining that they "wasted" gold?

A locked syndicate should be a locked syndicate period... including the syndicate name!

Stubby1113
09-28-2016, 08:58 AM
A locked syndicate should be a locked syndicate period... including the syndicate name!

Then why is the issue SA?

The Solution
09-28-2016, 09:45 AM

The complaint is not the same.

By spending gold to change your name during a locked event, you not only changing your name, but most times you are making your team invisible on the leaderboard. That is the deception that I complain about.
That is the "bug" that has become an "advantage" (intended or not) to top teams that whine about teams standing down to them. If it wasn't a bug then it would be advertised as a real feature.

The leaderboard should update in real time, including name changes. Teams that don't change their name during Battle events see their rank in real time. During SA, it updates after the match is over.

This has nothing to do with being able to buy weapons or mods vs. those that can't.
This is about the added deceit that comes with changing the name of your team and the fact that it's OK for top teams to whine and get what they want. But it's clearly not OK for the REST of the playing population to whine about having fairly created features to use on the playing field. IMO.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-28-2016, 10:39 AM
Then why is the issue SA?

Because its the only time they do it... do u see them hiding in War? Nope... they hide to get people to spend their gold... then show themselves at the end... you tell me how thats fair??

The names should be locked down.. and spend to earn the rank like almost everyone else does in a fair fight.. it infuriates teams that get decieved using such a flaw in leaderboard system...

What part of that dont you understand?

Babytway
09-28-2016, 11:42 AM
top teams are not doing this to intentially have teams spend gold, they do it to steal points, regardless if the other team spends gold or not theyre going to steal points and nodes regardless what the other two teams do, the option to use virtual currency is up to the individual. if the individual used gold and the team still lost then thats just crime city. if you cant outspend then dont spend at all.

teams spend tons of gold and still lose to syns that arent top or havent changed there.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-28-2016, 12:48 PM
top teams are not doing this to intentially have teams spend gold, they do it to steal points, regardless if the other team spends gold or not theyre going to steal points and nodes regardless what the other two teams do, the option to use virtual currency is up to the individual. if the individual used gold and the team still lost then thats just crime city. if you cant outspend then dont spend at all.

teams spend tons of gold and still lose to syns that arent top or havent changed there.

True... but thats the fair fight lol

Stubby1113
09-28-2016, 02:57 PM
Can i just point out....

This HAS already been discussed with GREE/FUNZIO in the Player Rep meetings recently..

As it stands..
there is NO plan to lock syndicate name changing..

however.. it doesnt mean i have to let it go.. so i will be keeping the thread alive. As many players dont agree with this.. ☺ maybe it will change in the future or the leaderboard refresh will be changed at a later date ☺

Hence working as intended. And as babytway pointed out, if you get outspent you get outspent. This has been an "issue" for months yet people keep doing the same thing. If it is that big of an issue that you might be "wasting" gold against one team but not another, why is the shiny yellow stuff still being thrown around?

Dj ANGERFiST
09-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Hence working as intended. And as babytway pointed out, if you get outspent you get outspent. This has been an "issue" for months yet people keep doing the same thing. If it is that big of an issue that you might be "wasting" gold against one team but not another, why is the shiny yellow stuff still being thrown around?

You show me an ss where u were told its supposed to be that way lol... even gree didnt say that in the meetings ☺ and to be precise.. they said it was ''unlikely" to be changed at the moment.. but they will take it into account!

Oh.. and go ask the people throwing the gold around lol

Stubby1113
09-29-2016, 01:22 AM
You show me an ss where u were told its supposed to be that way lol... even gree didnt say that in the meetings ☺ and to be precise.. they said it was ''unlikely" to be changed at the moment.. but they will take it into account!

Oh.. and go ask the people throwing the gold around lol

I don't need a SS, I have already shown you prove that it is working as intended. I am not aware of what was stated in these meetings, but if it is "unlikely" to change and they didn't say it wasn't, then once again, it is working as intended.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-29-2016, 01:56 AM
Can i just point out....

This HAS already been discussed with GREE/FUNZIO in the Player Rep meetings recently..

As it stands..
there is NO plan to lock syndicate name changing..

however.. it doesnt mean i have to let it go.. so i will be keeping the thread alive. As many players dont agree with this.. ☺ maybe it will change in the future or the leaderboard refresh will be changed at a later date ☺

sir don john
10-11-2016, 06:23 AM
only the top teams do this
sas change there name so you put up some point for them to steal
it cost 50 gold so gree will never give up a money maker

Dj ANGERFiST
10-13-2016, 05:22 AM

Already know (see above).. wont stop trying though :) lol

kimberleyj
10-26-2016, 02:09 PM
The best way to sort this problem out would be if gree stopped syn name changing during assult but they won't do this because of all the money they get from it.

Evan1000
10-30-2016, 04:38 PM

Your fist statement is incorrect, teams of all ranks do this. Lower ranked teams change their name to top teams all the time so they can get away with cheap wins and others standing down to them.

Except you only really hear about top teams doing it because they inconvenience teams the most to make people complain about them.

Red BD
11-06-2016, 10:17 PM
Your fist statement is incorrect, teams of all ranks do this. Lower ranked teams change their name to top teams all the time so they can get away with cheap wins and others standing down to them.

Except you only really hear about top teams doing it because they inconvenience teams the most to make people complain about them.

I don't know, Evan. 50 Gold for a temporary name change is a lot for most players (for you, too, I imagine). I've never heard of this happening at lower or even middle layers on the Leaderboard. That I have not noticed it does not mean it never happens. Do you have any evidence of, say, a crew ranked below 150 doing it? Doing such could have
disasterous consequences- and would cost another 50 from which to retreat.

Evan1000
11-08-2016, 03:28 PM
We matched a fake "The Abusement Park" like two SA's ago, and if I remember correctly they were below rank 100

The stand-down thing didn't work for us, but I'm sure they got a few cheap wins from it from teams not looking at the leaderboard.