PDA

View Full Version : Please make this game ios10 compatible, I'm sick of asking!

<3 Hz
08-27-2016, 07:54 AM
It's about time you developers get off your lazy behinds and update the game to make it ios 10 compatible.

I'm really sick and tired of having to play the game on an ancient iphone 3GS running ios 4.3.5.

Get with the program GREE, Clash of Clans runs perfectly on ios 10 and has for 8 months now!!! Some of us love bleeding edge technology and don't care to use an operating system that's ancient and outdated to just play this game.

Gr3g
08-27-2016, 03:16 PM
It's about time you developers get off your lazy behinds and update the game to make it ios 10 compatible.

I'm really sick and tired of having to play the game on an ancient iphone 3GS running ios 4.3.5.

Get with the program GREE, Clash of Clans runs perfectly on ios 10 and has for 8 months now!!! Some of us love bleeding edge technology and don't care to use an operating system that's ancient and outdated to just play this game.

From Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_10)

iOS 10 is the tenth major release of the iOS operating system developed by Apple Inc., being the successor to iOS 9. It was announced at the company's WWDC 2016 keynote on June 13, 2016, with release scheduled for the fall.[1]

It wasn't even open for public beta testing 8 months ago and crime city only works on iOS 6.0+ (just not 10 :P) I wouldn't exactly call iOS 10 bleeding edge either.

iOS 10 is in Beta still (at least time I checked) and the only way to get the iOS 10 SDK (Software development kit) is to download xCode 8 from the Apple Developer website (https://developer.apple.com/xcode/) and that will most likely not happen as there are still bugs in that IDE (Integrated development environment) causing errors because like iOS 10 it also is in beta. In every new version of iOS, Android, Windows, etc code becomes deprecated meaning the IDE doesn't support it anymore and doesn't recommend using it. Short story is, there is work required to make it work with iOS 10. Sometimes a very little thing can cause crashes e.g. Apple deprecated '++' and '--' operators and changed them to '=+' and '=-' and as this isn't a big deal most of the time on iOS 10 it has caused crashes.

You know this might not even be crime city's problem in fact it could and most likely is with iOS 10. It is well documented by Apple and other beta users that some apps just don't work on beta version of iOS. You should report the problem to Apple (via the Beta feedback app) and have them look into it. When a stable version of iOS 10 comes out then you should get a "working" version of Crime City. ;)

<3 Hz
08-28-2016, 06:42 AM
It's not an issue with ios10! ios10 is flawless, explain why ALL other games pretty much work on it?

Why does crime city work best on ios 4.3.5? Maybe gree wants us all using that.

killbillbst
08-29-2016, 05:39 AM
You'll be lucky. They only fixed it after the public release for iOS 9 so you've got at least another month to wait

Gr3g
08-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Why does crime city work best on ios 4.3.5? Maybe gree wants us all using that.

Personally I like to stick with stuff that works. If it's working on iOS 4.3.5, then why did you even upgrade to iOS 10? :cool:

You'll be lucky. They only fixed it after the public release for iOS 9 so you've got at least another month to wait

I agree, and I said why they would/have to wait until then.

<3 Hz
09-03-2016, 06:55 AM
Still no fix, this is ridiculous. 10 will officially be out soon and I guess there will be no fix for at least several months afterward.

Dj ANGERFiST
09-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Still no fix, this is ridiculous. 10 will officially be out soon and I guess there will be no fix for at least several months afterward.

Im not sure if its true... but ive heard GameCentre on IOS 10 is being Excluded from official release.. so you may need to look into that because you will have no way to switch accounts if its true ..

You will have to use IOS 9 or below

<3 Hz
09-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Im not sure if its true... but ive heard GameCentre on IOS 10 is being Excluded from official release.. so you may need to look into that because you will have no way to switch accounts if its true ..

You will have to use IOS 9 or below

Won't be an option for me since I'll be upgrading to an iPhone 7 of some sort.

What's sad is that I hear CC runs best on Apple's iPhone OS 1.0 which was realeased in June or July of 2007.

Gr3g
09-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Why does crime city work best on ios 4.3.5?

What's sad is that I hear CC runs best on Apple's iPhone OS 1.0

Which is it bro? Your story is falling apart. You're wrong about another thing too but I have to hint about what it is. https://ipsw.me/ is a good place to start. Do some 'deep' research and you might end up with iOS 9 on your iPhone 7. It is possible just requires some work.

https://s21.postimg.org/56d498aev/IOS_FOR_SMART_PEOPLE_GET_AT_ME.png

As long as those don't turn red you're good on Apple's part. Of course if you hear that "CC works best on window phones" or "iOS -36" let me know, I'm sure you could just use that. :cool: ;) or and this might be me talking to myself...wait for the public release next time.

This should be moved to off topic or locked.