PDA

View Full Version : Better use of the "News" section

HellRaizer
08-09-2016, 08:55 AM
I have raised a similar post to this in the past, however i believe posting the screenshot first resulted in it being assumed OT. So I'm doing my best to post the info first. Please note that I have also removed anything from the image that shows the other game name or developer.

The news section within the MW game could be amended to allow Dev/Support push out notification to the players, while also allowing them to see historical notifications. By using this you could both eliminate all popups (login popups and mission competition popups)

Imagine in the news area you have two additional tabs: 1) MW NewsFeed and 2) Recent Achievements .. the news feed icon could be updated with an indicator to advise that something is un read.
Therefore, this would allow players to continue uninterrupted

see screen shot from a different game

https://s10.postimg.org/jqyglntuh/World_of_Tanks_Blitz_and_General_and_Player_Mode.j pg

Pidgeot
08-09-2016, 10:49 AM
I would love something like this. The game really feels involved. They could remove a lot of the icons on the main screen like the special gold sales. It seems the current news feed is capable of this and if it isn't, I'm sure a modification of the code could fix this.

OlapDev
08-09-2016, 11:53 AM
I think this is a great idea and would hope that it should be easily developed. I don't claim to know their code base but it should be doable..

WBS
08-09-2016, 12:42 PM
Great idea HR. Hopefully this will remain in this section of forum where it should be.

CAPT MICKY D
08-09-2016, 12:49 PM
To get something like that we'd prolly have to pay gold to get it or to see it

HellRaizer
08-10-2016, 02:19 AM
I would hope not, but you never know lol..
Let's see if Hightower reads this ��

plavine
08-10-2016, 04:31 AM
At least the MW news shows the actual time the event happened , not "just now "