PDA

View Full Version : Why use defence in H&V

Laurence1
07-26-2016, 11:04 PM
I have to ask and I will prob get jumped on by many, but why would you use defence in H&V. The only way the chain grows is for each person to keep hitting each other over and over again. You will get far more pts by let chains grow than you ever will by using defence. I just don't get it. You start a chain with some guy/girl you get to 4-5 and bam they throw up defence and kill the chain. Why????????

Agent Orange
07-27-2016, 06:38 AM
That is an interesting point, looks like defence is a waste of money and gold because as you mention the chain is broken. Unless you get more pts for a defence. But I don't know.

fatbodychris
07-27-2016, 08:18 AM
People sometimes put up defense when they go to bed to avoid losing lots of points.

Bndawgs
07-27-2016, 11:04 AM
People sometimes put up defense when they go to bed to avoid losing lots of points.

But then the chain is broken. I won't hit anyone back once I see them with a def boost on. It's just stupid

Brown Out
07-27-2016, 01:38 PM
Just a deeck move. They probably get a laugh out of it.

Pidgeot
07-28-2016, 03:48 PM
I attacked a guy I had a 6 chain with and he had as 75% defense boost. **** that guy. No points for him.

Brown Out
07-28-2016, 06:33 PM
I attacked a guy I had a 6 chain with and he had as 75% defense boost. **** that guy. No points for him.

I got up to a 23 chain with one guy and out of nowhere he throws up a 150% defense. I'm thinking WTF?

I think most people get it though. Biggest chain I've had so far is 92.

Pidgeot
07-28-2016, 08:48 PM
I got up to a 23 chain with one guy and out of nowhere he throws up a 150% defense. I'm thinking WTF?

I think most people get it though. Biggest chain I've had so far is 92.

Yeah, I stopped using defense but some don't get it.

EZfodder
07-29-2016, 10:46 PM
you get point when the others cant beat u, so that is why some use defence. And then it makes some spend gold on attack.. Mynadvice is not to use defence, you can have a fun event goldfree... And remember that the only good rewards come from long chains! Not your total points

DEWIN NUTTIN
07-29-2016, 11:16 PM
you get point when the others cant beat u, so that is why some use defence. And then it makes some spend gold on attack.. Mynadvice is not to use defence, you can have a fun event goldfree... And remember that the only good rewards come from long chains! Not your total points

free this time, but next time, I bet it's changed

Mrs Cash
10-09-2016, 03:59 PM
I am finding more and more people are using defense after chaining with them. Why the heck they decide to throw up 150% defense after a dozen or so chains, well, it is soooo stupid. The only person they are hurting is themselves; I usually have others to chain with. Probably just jinxed myself for the next round.

Twist of Cain
10-09-2016, 05:14 PM
I am finding more and more people are using defense after chaining with them. Why the heck they decide to throw up 150% defense after a dozen or so chains, well, it is soooo stupid. The only person they are hurting is themselves; I usually have others to chain with. Probably just jinxed myself for the next round.

I've seen the same thing. Probably just GREE Employee A$$wipes. No reason for people to implore defense during this phase of the game.

Brown Out
10-09-2016, 05:44 PM
My estimates are 7 out of 10 people I attack have a 10% defence.

Why? Don't know.

WBS
10-10-2016, 01:02 PM
I don't buy defense or attack boosts. I attack for faction vengeances even though they are losses. Once I used my stamina packs up I don't bother with HCB. It's way too time consuming.

Pidgeot
10-10-2016, 03:42 PM
One thing I notice is the chain still grows for the person you're losing to. If you attack someone 7 times and fail each attack, their chain will increase by 7. I dont buy defense boost.

Mrs Cash
10-11-2016, 12:56 PM
One thing I notice is the chain still grows for the person you're losing to. If you attack someone 7 times and fail each attack, their chain will increase by 7. I dont buy defense boost.

Well, that sucks!
Unless they are losing to me, lol.

Maybe that's why they are doing it???

Mila Relyt
10-11-2016, 07:07 PM

It wouldn't matter since the chain goes up for both sides. When one hits 20 chains, both chainers get the popup and your next chain would be one more than where you're both at. I don't buy defense either but nobody chains with me that aren't way higher in points than I am so I still can't hit them.

Mrs Cash
10-12-2016, 09:26 AM
It wouldn't matter since the chain goes up for both sides.

But, not if you lose.
If I hit John Doe 7 times, and I lose those 7 times, his chain increases by 7. At least that what I got out of Pidgeots post.

Speed ump
10-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Reminds me of a certain fleet wood mac song