PDA

View Full Version : My questions on mob size

eb0nyknight
11-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I had assumed the bigger the mob the better, assuming you can arm them. After reading another thread, i see some people have been reducing their mob size to get thier stats up. Can someone expound upon this?

I am at about 450 mob members and have about 600/300 weapons to armor. I dropped about 20 members to see if there was a difference, there wasn't. I have been upgrading my weapons, like crazy and my stats are going up. It seems like the more of a particular weapon/ armor I get, the more diluted it's contribution to my att/def score gets. For example, combat shotguns. The first few, i got all of the advertised att/def boost. The more I get the less I get until I only get 2 att/1 def, from the original advertised benefit of 6/4, now that I am at 36 combat shotguns. Right now at my level, I am pretty much immune to anyone but gold users, but I wouldn't mind boosting it up some more. Recently at my level (about 40), I have been investing in assault rifles, cleavers and swat helmets. I have about 20 of each.

In order to boost my att/def, score, should I drop mob members? If so how many? I have a bunch of lower level stuff (hence my high weap/armor), but i assume they are weak. For example I have about 80 brass knuckles. Are they really contributing to my score anymore? I have also been adding vehicles. I have about 25 so far.

What is the ratio of top weapons/armor/cars to have to your mafia? In my case with my current weapon/armor size, is it beneficial to drop mob members?

Thanks.

eb0nyknight
11-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Another thing I just noticed. I have been buying smoke grenades and time bombs. I boosted my def/att a good chunk. I had written down my att/def, a few minutes ago to drop some mob members and see if my stats changed. They didn't (as I said). I was just attacked (apparently a close fight), I won, but lost about 4 grenades and bombs. I checked my stats expecting to see they dropped, but they didn't.

What is the point of having "consumables" if they don't drop your score when they are used? I mean, I shouldn't complain, but it doesn't seem to be "consumable" then. With any downside, I mean.

Duke.0
11-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Can you post your total stats?

Mafia Size
Mafia Attack
Mafia Defense

One rule of thumb i learned from another member (whocareswhatmynameis) is to achieve at least 30 attack per mafia member. If you have over 30, you have the option to increase your mafia members. The average that i calculated that most people in the game have is between 9 and 17 per mafia member. The advantage of increasing your members is you use more equipment and have access to other buildings/gear that otherwise you would not have access too. Example, 100 mafia is the key to unlock the loft. 500 mafia is the key to unlock something else too. However, having too many mafia, your attack will be bad and some mafia members might even be using zero pieces of equipment.

Formula:

Mafia Attack / # Mafia Members

For Example:
My Mafia Attack is 3204
I have 100 Mafia

3204/100 = 32
This means each mafia member has 32 attack.

This can help to determine how many mafia you should have too.

Another point: Why waste valuable money on Swat Helmets instead of upgrades / expansion for your hood? Night Vision Goggles are better and cost cheaper (300 respect).

The game has a hierarchy of weapon power.
First - Gold Items are the most powerful
Second - Respect items are second most powerful
Third - Money items are the least powerful

eb0nyknight
11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
According to your formula, i have 6 attack per member. If I drop 100 it goes up to 10. Will I see an actual increase in my stats by dropping members or will I just get and "unseen" increase in my power in fights? From what you seem to be saying, it's the latter.

eb0nyknight
11-03-2011, 07:39 PM
approx, stats,

450/2500/3500

According to your formula, I am surprised that I lose so infrequently. I guess I am at a relatively low level, so.....

Duke.0
11-03-2011, 07:45 PM
You really can't tell just by math how much it will drop if you remove 100 mafia members. Do you have a lot invites?....try removing a few and see what happens. If you are unhappy you can add more if you wish. Its up to you.

If you drop mafia
Your stats will show a decrease in number.
Your Total Mafia Attack will drop and so will your defense

However, you gain an increased attack per mafia member.

Its a tricky thing, and there is no right or wrong way to play the game. Some people like to have a big mafia and some like to have a smaller mafia.

Duke.0
11-03-2011, 07:49 PM
STOP before you do anything know this.

The game has a maximum mafia you can use in a fight.

Its your level x 5
Capped at 500.

Your level 40 - your max mafia used in a fight is 200 i think.

You may not be loosing a lot because of the mafia size. In which case you may not want to remove as many as you think....

eb0nyknight
11-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Well, interesting thing. I dropped another 20 and my att, increased by a few points and my def, dropped by a few. I guess my mix of weapons caused the change. Interesting. I will stick to the respect weapons. The reason why I have been buying weapons is that I have maxed out my property (45K for an expansion) and I am trying to upgrade all my buildings to a minimum of 7. Still working on that. Since it takes a day an upgrade, I decided to use my money buying equipment. I will concentrate more on vehicles.

I'll try dropping down to 350 and see what happens. Getting new members isn't that hard, so I have no problem dropping people. I will drop those lower than my level. No point in making enemies of friends, above me. :D

procsyzarc
11-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Biggest issue i am having at the moment is finishing quests, I am up to one where i have to beat people with mafia larger than 140 but since I only have 89 or so these people never show on my list, kinda reluckdant to grow much bigger since don't have the gear or money to equip them and atm am on a 500 win streak.

eb0nyknight
11-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Well I hope I don't sound like a ****, but you don't meet the requirements for the quest....by your own choice, so....

K@le
11-05-2011, 10:44 AM
I also dropped from 1680 mob members to 390 right now on level 79, it took some really long hours to not delete high ranked members but all under 60 i deleted.
That deleting is really a crime on its own, i am sure Funzio did do that for a reason everybody keeps accepting every invite and i think you only need the maffia friends your level x 5.
I will try to delete about 25 more and see what happens to my avaerage stats.

My attack is 10227 and defense is 11519 so if i count it right my attack for each member is then 26,22 ?

whocareswhatmynameis
11-05-2011, 08:45 PM
One rule of thumb i learned from another member (whocareswhatmynameis) is to achieve at least 30 attack per mafia member.

you are too kind... it's really a collaborative effort where you tested out my hypothesis.

That deleting is really a crime on its own, i am sure Funzio did do that for a reason everybody keeps accepting every invite and i think you only need the maffia friends your level x 5.

the friend list user interface is awkward and difficult to manipulate. i wish something was done about that.

Cheez-It
11-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Can you post your total stats?

Mafia Size
Mafia Attack
Mafia Defense

One rule of thumb i learned from another member (whocareswhatmynameis) is to achieve at least 30 attack per mafia member. If you have over 30, you have the option to increase your mafia members. The average that i calculated that most people in the game have is between 9 and 17 per mafia member. The advantage of increasing your members is you use more equipment and have access to other buildings/gear that otherwise you would not have access too. Example, 100 mafia is the key to unlock the loft. 500 mafia is the key to unlock something else too. However, having too many mafia, your attack will be bad and some mafia members might even be using zero pieces of equipment.

Formula:

Mafia Attack / # Mafia Members

For Example:
My Mafia Attack is 3204
I have 100 Mafia

3204/100 = 32
This means each mafia member has 32 attack.

This can help to determine how many mafia you should have too.

Another point: Why waste valuable money on Swat Helmets instead of upgrades / expansion for your hood? Night Vision Goggles are better and cost cheaper (300 respect).

The game has a hierarchy of weapon power.
First - Gold Items are the most powerful
Second - Respect items are second most powerful
Third - Money items are the least powerful

Duke, first off, thanks for posting this. I'm in the middle of wanting to add more mafia members because I feel like I need to. After reading this post, I realize I should not. I'm right.... right??? lol. Here are my stats...

LV 57 with 107 mafia members

A- 2329
D- 3014

# of weapons 486
# of armor 200
# of vehicles 80

The reason why I posted my items, because I thought that played a factor into your mafia. Am I right? Because if thats the case, I need more vehicles. Right?

GavP
01-12-2015, 06:23 PM
How does this now stack up with the accompliances? What should one now focus on?

Weasel
01-12-2015, 06:29 PM
How does this now stack up with the accompliances? What should one now focus on?

Accomplices have nothing to do with mafia size.

Stop necro-ing ancient threads.

t12pm
01-12-2015, 06:35 PM

One should focus on new threads, besides that still about the same except you need to add accomplices to the picture now, mafia still need their equipment

HavingFun
01-12-2015, 07:11 PM

You should focus on your Internet connection.

GavP
01-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Yes thank you, I have just restarted and have so much to catch up, when I read the latest posts they are confusing so I went a bit back to try to pick up.

Apparently that displeases some ppl.

I will do what captain torque says - buy a new iPhone, router and get cable internet.

Hopefully that will help ....