PDA

View Full Version : Post your observations on consumables!

Leetfeet
11-03-2011, 10:30 AM
So far I have only been using def consumables, those with zero attack, and I have noticed that they are not spent if you attack and win/lose. Furthermore they don't seem to be spent when I win against robberies and attacks towards me(?)

I have successfully defended against the last 15 attacks and my consumable counter stays the same. Though I only have 30 grenades left from older losses. Anyone else witnessing this with maxed or low amounts of grenades?

And this is the case, does it also apply to attack grenades? Pure wins = no grenade loss?

Leet.

Butch999
11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Im pretty sure your cheapest consumables go first so I always keep a stock of these handy and Ive yet to lose a substantial amount of my more expensive explosives.

Also no-one seems to carry enough so im stronger than most others at my level as I keep a full stock!

Crime City Mark
11-03-2011, 02:58 PM
We're writing a small guide on explosives right now, but it kind of goes like this.

Explosives add to your attack / defense rating no matter what. If you win overwhelmingly you won't lose explosives, but if it's close or you lose the "consumable" option for explosives turns on, giving your explosives a chance of being destroyed.

TemplarX
11-03-2011, 10:27 PM
Dear Mark, to clarify... the explosives count totally towards your attack and defense, AT ALL TIMES?

When I attack or rob, my attack points include all explosives?

When I am attacked, my defense points include all defense explosives, IN FULL?

When I am robbed, my defense points include all defsense explosives, IN FULL? Or in half?

When the fight is close or I lose, which explosives gets destroyed? If its very close, do the weaker explosives get consumed... and if its not close, do the stronger explosives gets consumed?

Crime City Mark
11-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Templar, explosives contribute the exact same way other items do. The same rules apply to them. Different explosives have different chances of being destroyed.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Different explosives have different chances of being destroyed.

Can you be more specific... does this mean that the more expensive the less chance of being consumed?

skunk
11-04-2011, 03:24 AM
Can you be more specific... does this mean that the more expensive the less chance of being consumed?

I'm seeing a quite regular pattern in losing explosives.
I use attack explosives so I will define using them, but I'm sure defense works same.
I use 3 types of explosives $100 , $800 , $2,000, I'm finding that when explosives are consumed, they do so close to the ratio of their cost, so if you lose 20 items, 1 will be a $2,000, 2 will be $800 and 17 $100. Or somewhere close to this.
I try to keep a stock of all of them, but it goes without saying, give all your mafia a high level explosive, but stock low level explosives to be consumed, this way you lose $100 items, but you use $2,000 items :)

khung003
11-04-2011, 03:38 AM
When explosives are consumed/destroyed ? When you win you still lose explosives or not ?

skunk
11-04-2011, 03:48 AM
When explosives are consumed/destroyed ? When you win you still lose explosives or not ?
Yes, you can do.
If you lose, you guaranteed to lose explosives, but I have used them up when winning too, roberies as well as attacks.

To give you an idea, I have attack of 5400, I robbed a guy with 4900 defense and lost 11 explosives (not bad considdering I won $3500), but then I can rob guys with 5500 and not lose any explosives, it's all dependant on how their defense is structured.
I'm still not 100% on how defense is calculated with roberies compared to attacks and how buildings are used.
I do know all items are used in both attack and robery defense, so I'm assuming that building defense is reduced during roberies? Which means the guy with 5500 that I beat easily, probably has lost of building defense which is not being used in robberies.

Moral, stear clear of people with high defense and no defense buildings - they are gonna consume explosives.

eb0nyknight
11-04-2011, 05:37 AM
I guess I don't understand how this works, because it isn't working as I thought it would.

I have been buying smoke grenades and time bombs. I boosted my def/att a good chunk. I had written down my att/def, a few minutes ago to drop some mob members and see if my stats changed. They didn't. I was just attacked (apparently a close fight), I won, but lost about 4 grenades and bombs. I checked my stats expecting to see they dropped, but they didn't.

What is the point of having "consumables" if they don't drop your score when they are used? I mean, I shouldn't complain, but it doesn't seem to be "consumable" then. With any downside, I mean.

Castun
11-04-2011, 06:06 AM
What is the point of having "consumables" if they don't drop your score when they are used? I mean, I shouldn't complain, but it doesn't seem to be "consumable" then. With any downside, I mean.

It's just a display 'bug' where your displayed stats won't update until you either quit and restart the game, or buy an item. Your actual stats are still used in fights though.

eb0nyknight
11-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Ah, that would explain it then.

martMode
11-05-2011, 01:04 AM
my 55k experience, didnt get to buy all 100 explosives, cause someone robbed me while i was buying them...

also, since i am going to lose to superior players (many levels up), these are just gonna get burnt away...

my opinion is they are useless until we are at level 200...