PDA

View Full Version : New frontline scoring poll.

Ozymandias
06-06-2016, 06:44 AM
Nice and simple: should we continue to go with new frontline scoring where you can only capture your own control points, or revert to the previous version, where you can capture control points from the opposition.

smbass77
06-06-2016, 06:48 AM
depends. If Gree can find a way to stop teams from using mini teams to feed them points, than I'd love to see it revert back to the old scoring.

But I'm guessing Gree couldn't find another way, which is why we are in this place now.

And Gree will not ban teams that are using mini factions to feed them points because some of those teams are Top 5 in every event and spend a LOT of gold.

So if this is the only way to stop those who like to skirt the rules, I'm all for the current system

Ozymandias
06-06-2016, 06:54 AM
In my view feeder teams made little difference to 95% of factions. This is like abolishing goals in soccer because some teams were using an offside trap.

smbass77
06-06-2016, 07:10 AM
with the new boosts, winning nodes is now a moot point anyway, except for faction win goals. Most points now come from boosted wars, not stealing nodes.

Ozymandias
06-06-2016, 07:12 AM
Depends where you are... Lots of factions without boosts.

GeoffW
06-06-2016, 09:42 AM
The new scoring system has completely ruined FL reducing it to a tapping and gold exercise. The tactical, decision and team coordination elements have all gone. In my view, the old system should be reinstated, and even make control points an even bigger factor increasing the incentive to capture nodes.

Feeder teams, if that really is why the scoring was changed, were a very small element affecting a few top teams. And to be honest, if a team can be bothered to go to the effort of creating and playing a complete mini faction for a few extra control points, then good luck to them. There are teams cooperating all over MW. Whats the big issue?

WBS
06-06-2016, 10:08 AM
Who cares if teams want to use mini teams to feed. Everyone could do it if they want. Besides the top teams already spend all the gold, it's not going to change our ranking.

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-06-2016, 10:27 AM
It never ends.
It lives.
Its just a silly game.
Nothing about the game matters.
Why obsess over it?

Arnaud
06-06-2016, 10:47 AM
We already have an event based on gold only (WD). Was nice to have an event that is not only based on gold (FL)

I dont care about who feeds who. Doesnt make such a difference on the leaderboard in the end. I cant imagine it's the real/only reason for changing the system.

On the other hand it's gonna be interesting to compare leaderboard between old and current systems: It will show which teams are only good due to their gold expenses.

Pellatt
06-06-2016, 10:56 AM
Ozy, you do realise this is not intentional right?

Brown Out
06-06-2016, 11:26 AM
It never ends.
It lives.
Its just a silly game.
Nothing about the game matters.
Why obsess over it?

Words of wisdom.

Annihilator2
06-06-2016, 12:09 PM
The points do not matter anything... Old points, new points, ... The whole game goes down...

truthteller
06-06-2016, 01:02 PM
WOW, so the only reason now to steal a node is just to complete factions goals, otherwise it is poinless

that is why my faction has only been hitting 1 node in all battle

oh, well, another event that GREE............GREEs-UPS

Not to mention that on IOS games crashes with every deploy, so you have to log in the game at least 4 times in order to use all your 250 deploys in one battle

smbass77
06-06-2016, 01:36 PM
helping other factions is one thing, but when a team skirts the rules to help themselves, it's a problem.

Anyone who says "it's only a small amount of points" doesn't understand how some top teams were abusing the system. Before they locked FL, when teams were moving minis in and out, one team nearly took the top spot. It causes honest factions to have to spend more to defeat those who skirt the rules. using mini factions to feed their main faction points was a HUGE problem.

Just look at the leaderboard now, several teams who have been top 10 for months are now in the 30s or lower. How much extra gold did teams have to spend to stay ahead of those using mini teams? How many honest teams lost placement/rewards because of those skirting the rules?

I hate this FL format too. Ruined the event. But I'd rather have it this way than be playing against teams who think of every and any way to skirt the rules.

Brown Out
06-06-2016, 03:05 PM
how can teem press button and get match with feeder team?

I not very smart.

Ignourant is bliss.

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-06-2016, 04:34 PM
helping other factions is one thing, but when a team skirts the rules to help themselves, it's a problem.

Anyone who says "it's only a small amount of points" doesn't understand how some top teams were abusing the system. Before they locked FL, when teams were moving minis in and out, one team nearly took the top spot. It causes honest factions to have to spend more to defeat those who skirt the rules. using mini factions to feed their main faction points was a HUGE problem.

it should cause smart factions to stop, laugh, and do NUTTIN!!!!

Just look at the leaderboard now, several teams who have been top 10 for months are now in the 30s or lower. How much extra gold did teams have to spend to stay ahead of those using mini teams? How many honest teams lost placement/rewards because of those skirting the rules?

Yes, those must be the SMART teams who understand how to react to a SCAM.

I hate this FL format too. Ruined the event. But I'd rather have it this way than be playing against teams who think of every and any way to skirt the rules.

Smart tappers stopped caring about things that never mattered.
But hey, you're free to DEW you, cause they're DEWIN' them, too!!!

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-06-2016, 04:35 PM

I not very smart.

Ignourant is bliss.

ise agreed whiff what dude Dunn sed.

Ise whiff he.

Pidgeot
06-06-2016, 05:59 PM
I agree, it should be put back to the way it was if this is really a thing. This doesn't affect a lot of teams unless some top team is doing this.

MajikUF
06-06-2016, 06:39 PM
This new scoring takes strategy and team work out of Frontline and just makes it about straight gold. I guess that's a good way to run a business if you have players willing to do it but I know the joy and elation when a faction is able to rush a spot with 2 minutes left and take it for a huge win is fun.

I've also had front row seats to a beating from PR1 or Ghosts. It's amazing to just watch them take over the board in 30m and you can either get your points or you can not battle. I can't imagine where "feeding" affects them one bit when they have single players scoring 3b in one battle.

I just know this last Frontline, more often than not, I saw three factions take 1 spot and not even bother to try and take another spot. Pretty boring and I know I didn't feel like spending anything on this event.

Jg48
06-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Yes I have seen ss of the number 6 team feeding the number 2 team points. Mostly because one or a few people are on those same teams.

WBS
06-06-2016, 07:04 PM
You have to get lucky to match with your feeder team to make points. Besides there is really oh 10-20 teams that still care enough to spend tons of gold over a low quality game.

FL was good, and like many gree has managed to ruin another event.

Hupernikomen
06-06-2016, 07:50 PM
So why not do the same thing in wd? Get a feeder group and everyone hit the top player to give him free wins and to give his team free points?

Next they will complain that people are using other teams hq, or that people are jumping around to help others with raid boss

Sounds like a bunch of crybabies successfully ruined this event for the rest of us.

Edbl79
06-06-2016, 07:51 PM
In my view feeder teams made little difference to 95% of factions. This is like abolishing goals in soccer because some teams were using an offside trap.

Couldn't agree more

I not very smart.

Ignourant is bliss.

Wondering this myself. They must have magic fingers or something. And to keep matching their feeder teams to. Very skilled indeed.

Yes I have seen ss of the number 6 team feeding the number 2 team points. Mostly because one or a few people are on those same teams.

What do your screen shots prove again??? I'm missing something here. This all just seems like a theory people latched onto because of change that occurred with no info from gree. The fact that so many people are buying into this is a joke. And it's ironic as most of these same teams participate in WD matchup rooms for legendary battles which is in essence a feeder system. You can't be cool with things in one scenario and not in another when they are virtually the same thing

Hupernikomen
06-06-2016, 07:55 PM
And in the meantime gree hasn't said the first word about any of these changes, no heads-up, no here's why, and no just get over it we aren't changing it (which sure seems like what i am hearing by their slience on the matter).

Our couple thousand we use to spend on fl x a lot of other factions who see no reason to spend on the event anymore will get their attention if nothing else will.

smbass77
06-06-2016, 08:04 PM
ise agreed whiff what dude Dunn sed.

Ise whiff he.

It's no different matching a specific team in FL as it is in WD......and plenty match teams near their rank to get legendary. Two teams declare at same time and have a real good chance of matching.

Not rocket science

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-07-2016, 01:51 AM
It's no different matching a specific team in FL as it is in WD......and plenty match teams near their rank to get legendary. Two teams declare at same time and have a real good chance of matching.

Not rocket science

Oh yeah, I know.

The Bard said it best, much ado about NUTTIN.

MajikUF
06-10-2016, 07:01 PM
It looks like the original scoring system might be back....

Yahoo
06-11-2016, 02:38 AM
Make it so you can meet a team only once's per 24h like WD