PDA

View Full Version : Control points in FL not awarded correct

Rob2
06-04-2016, 04:52 AM
New bug.

We won a node in FL.
The node had 80M deploy points. 37M were ours.
We won the node.
So we should have 80M control points as a bonus.
But we only get 37M. Our own deploy points we had on the node we won.
Seems like all factions are infected by it

Ticket send.

Maybe Gree changed it, but it would be nice to be informed by it

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-04-2016, 09:28 AM
New bug.

We won a node in FL.
We won the node.

Ticket send.

SMH

I'm sure THEGREE appreciates your continued patronage and interest in their great game.

Corporal Punishment 2
06-04-2016, 09:49 AM
New bug.

We won a node in FL.
We won the node.

Ticket send.

There was a rumour that they were going to change the scoring in FL, so you no longer get points off your opponents.

I can't imagine, beyond the obvious gold-grab, what the logic of it is. If you no longer get opponents points, each faction might as well pick a node and dump all their deploys on it.

Bndawgs
06-04-2016, 10:27 AM
would like to hear an official response from gree on this. going to cost a lot gold for some factions to finish where they are normally used to finishing.

Annihilator2
06-04-2016, 10:48 AM
I don't see any problem when you know about new calculation of control points and act accordingly.

Corporal Punishment 2
06-04-2016, 12:00 PM
You will when everyone apart from heavy gold spenders' score suffer. Or when you try to go for faction goals.

Jg48
06-04-2016, 01:00 PM
It's working as gree intended it to work all messed up as usual.

Thanks for playing

Jg48
06-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Plus now it's about how much money your faction wants to spend.

Gree made it a huge money grab in there favor.

WBS
06-04-2016, 09:52 PM
All gree will do is drive itself into the ground.

Bndawgs
06-05-2016, 01:28 AM
Hmmm, rumor going around that gree is trying to stop feeder factions from feeding cp points to their main factions. If that's truly the case, then we have another new feature to thank that one faction for.

Plutorules
06-05-2016, 01:30 AM
If this is true then FL is dead

Apollo13
06-05-2016, 02:45 AM
one of Key feature of the Frontline event is about winning control points. If that's not possible, then it's just whoever throwing more gold wins. Another event dead in the water.

Hupernikomen
06-05-2016, 06:09 AM
Maybe you need to do the math or you are not being specific enough. 37m is less than half of 80m so you didn't win the node so of course only 37m goes to you. You didn't say how many factions deployed on the node so i can only assume a 2 faction shootout. Plus it can be very difficult to tell once the points go up that high who is winning with a three way fight. This is a nontopic that is why it has received no attention from gree. Players need to stop running with rumors untill all the facts are pointed out. No one until now has mentioned this.

You obviously don't pay much attention to the scores. This a huge topic because they completely changed the entire event and made it fairly pointless to attck the other teams node.

The only reasons to attack another teams node now is to go for a sweep or to prevent them from gaining control points.

I suppose one would want to prevent the other team from scoring control points if you were playing for a win, but as it currently set up all you have to do is do more deploys and you win anyways. Doesn't make sense to attack a node and risk you not having more deploys when if you stay on your node and have more that you will win anyways. So if teams figure this out it will be three teams each on their own node everytime. Essentially it makes the event pointless as we can do that without being matched up.

WBS
06-05-2016, 06:16 AM
Maybe you need to do the math or you are not being specific enough. 37m is less than half of 80m so you didn't win the node so of course only 37m goes to you. You didn't say how many factions deployed on the node so i can only assume a 2 faction shootout. Plus it can be very difficult to tell once the points go up that high who is winning with a three way fight. This is a nontopic that is why it has received no attention from gree. Players need to stop running with rumors untill all the facts are pointed out. No one until now has mentioned this.

We have lost anode between us and another faction even though we had more than double there points. And it has happened more than once. So free does have an issue that it chooses not to address.

Jg48
06-05-2016, 06:40 AM
This is gree's way of killing feeder faction. Hence you can not give cp point to another faction. This is like some factions do for the second place team. That was the only chance they had at trying for first place. I guess it back fired on them and screwed up the whole event

Rob2
06-05-2016, 06:40 AM

Never seen 3 teams on one node?

Minister Timothy
06-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Just checked it out on a finished war. I'm on droid so don't get final results much. We had 63m on a 123m node. We got the 63m the other team got nothing so 60m points were basically thrown away. This seems like one of those display errors that happens all the time. Also makes it very difficult to make up a big jump in rankings on a big battle. Guess we well have to wait and see what they do.

Bndawgs
06-05-2016, 10:05 AM
This is gree's way of killing feeder faction. Hence you can not give cp point to another faction. This is like some factions do for the second place team. That was the only chance they had at trying for first place. I guess it back fired on them and screwed up the whole event

Not sure I've seen this second place team you're talking about trying this tactic. But I have seen a faction that helped get factions locked for FL doing this with their mini bots, I mean factions.

Minister Timothy
06-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Never seen 3 teams on one node?

And of course I've seen three teams on a node. What was said is it's difficult to tell who has the most points with a three way battle since all you see are your own.But since I now see what all the fuss is about that post is pretty much recanted.

Batchief
06-05-2016, 11:23 AM
You obviously don't pay much attention to the scores. This a huge topic because they completely changed the entire event and made it fairly pointless to attck the other teams node.

The only reasons to attack another teams node now is to go for a sweep or to prevent them from gaining control points.

I suppose one would want to prevent the other team from scoring control points if you were playing for a win, but as it currently set up all you have to do is do more deploys and you win anyways. Doesn't make sense to attack a node and risk you not having more deploys when if you stay on your node and have more that you will win anyways. So if teams figure this out it will be three teams each on their own node everytime. Essentially it makes the event pointless as we can do that without being matched up.

There is still an element of strategy and tactics that are needed to win. My faction won 1st place and used less deploys in a recent battle. Just my opinion.

Quixa
06-05-2016, 11:54 AM
There is still an element of strategy and tactics that are needed to win. My faction won 1st place and used less deploys in a recent battle. Just my opinion.

True...same for my faction with a few wars. Additionally, this helps balance points with some teams getting double/triple points.

WBS
06-05-2016, 02:48 PM

What hasn't gree done to screw up events? I for the love of all things good don't see why anyone rewards free by buying gold anymore. It is utterly pointless. I would buy gold if this game wasn't so screwed, and I'm not a believer in patronizing fraud businesses.

Bndawgs
06-05-2016, 04:18 PM

So what you're saying is that this is the goat's fault. Since they most likely were the ones that cried to gree?

Jg48
06-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Not sure who goats are. But I know for a fact that the number 6 team was feeding the number 2 team

GSF Wingman GRI
06-05-2016, 11:16 PM
Not sure who goats are. But I know for a fact that the number 6 team was feeding the number 2 team

Why would a rank 6 team spend gold and feed a rank 2 team? Silly assumption.

Jg48
06-06-2016, 05:16 AM
I don't assume nothing. Have seen ss of conversation

smbass77
06-06-2016, 06:50 AM
We had a guy leave our faction because we were not using mini factions to feed points as his previous top team was doing.

it was a rampant issue.

WBS
06-06-2016, 10:10 AM
I guess I don't care if they feed factions. As long as everyone has the chance to do it.

DEWIN NUTTIN
06-06-2016, 10:29 AM
Feed a faction, starve a faction, relax.
Its not going to impact your life at all.

Pellatt
06-06-2016, 10:54 AM
It's just a F@>K up!