PDA

View Full Version : Odd activity in Hardcore Boss event

Agent Orange
05-10-2016, 05:29 AM
Ok once, twice, three times and I'd say it's a coincidence but six tmes?

Opened up two players last night and scored a few hits then put game away. Opened up this morning and both had suddenly had one player bump to top spot with 20,000,000 points. Ok fine I was off overnight.

Opened up four more this morning, nobody on leaderboard. Did a couple of hits ok, now first place. Do a third hit and suddenly I have some in first with 20,000,000+ points. Hmmm this is interesting.

So open up two more, nope nobody playing here either. Cool. Do one hit each. Close, reopen and guess what I'm number two again.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar odd occurances. None of these player names I recognize btw.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-10-2016, 06:21 AM

Opened up two players last night and scored a few hits then put game away. Opened up this morning and both had suddenly had one player bump to top spot with 20,000,000 points. Ok fine I was off overnight.

Opened up four more this morning, nobody on leaderboard. Did a couple of hits ok, now first place. Do a third hit and suddenly I have some in first with 20,000,000+ points. Hmmm this is interesting.

So open up two more, nope nobody playing here either. Cool. Do one hit each. Close, reopen and guess what I'm number two again.

Just wondering if anyone else has had similar odd occurances. None of these player names I recognize btw.

Oh yes, it's happened to EVERY one of my test accounts.
I had to laugh.
Remember the "bot" accounts back in the day?

The really funny thing, the trinkets are useless.
Come on, if you want to troll the I FECTED ones, offer bigger, badder trinkets.
Trinkets that + 5 regen, 50% alliance attack, etc...

Practice proper pimpology: Tease the JOHNS, excite the JOHNS to stimulate the purchase of the "goods".

Practice proper street pharmaceutical sales: Give the afflicted ones a sample, now and then. Always offer prospective addicts/customers a couple freebies. Once they're hooked, they'll return.

levelhead
05-10-2016, 11:03 AM

Well it's not hard to get 20 mill+ around about 20-30 hits mate. And with no timer could take about 5 mins or so to amass that amount. That's on someone that's got there account on max units.
So not surprised there. Ppl wait for someone to get points then go crazy on points lol so can be a good tease sometimes lol

levelhead
05-10-2016, 11:09 AM
I have made someone drop tons of gold coz they wanted first so much. Every time I hit they would move up 10 mill+ so I just hit everyso often and they panicked lol it's surprising what this HCB event does to some ppl lol

Agent Orange
05-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Well it's not hard to get 20 mill+ around about 20-30 hits mate. And with no timer could take about 5 mins or so to amass that amount. That's on someone that's got there account on max units.
So not surprised there. Ppl wait for someone to get points then go crazy on points lol so can be a good tease sometimes lol

Oh I realize that you can do hits but not in a matter of 2-3 seconds. Also does mean that players are totally mismatched as the 4 suspect occurrences took place with my players that were in the 20-30's where they can only score about 300,000 to 400,000 at a crack so if the matching was 'working as intended' then I should have been matched up with similar level players and therefore they couldn't possibly have copped scores that high that suddenly. Literally they would have had time for no more then 1-2 hits so doing 10,000,000 per hit seems rather unlikely.

This feels more like the game having some sort of preprogrammed bot player(s) that are trying to 'herd' legit players especially given the lag and slowness and possibly still crashing so it would have been physically impossible for a real player to pull this off that fast.

CAPT MICKY D
05-10-2016, 12:57 PM
Oh I realize that you can do hits but not in a matter of 2-3 seconds. Also does mean that players are totally mismatched as the 4 suspect occurrences took place with my players that were in the 20-30's where they can only score about 300,000 to 400,000 at a crack so if the matching was 'working as intended' then I should have been matched up with similar level players and therefore they couldn't possibly have copped scores that high that suddenly. Literally they would have had time for no more then 1-2 hits so doing 10,000,000 per hit seems rather unlikely.

This feels more like the game having some sort of preprogrammed bot player(s) that are trying to 'herd' legit players especially given the lag and slowness and possibly still crashing so it would have been physically impossible for a real player to pull this off that fast.

YOU GOT ALEX-ED:mad:

Big John
05-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Why don't they add the chat option to HCB?

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Why don't they add the chat option to HCB?

You mean the CHAT option that doesn't work in FL, mate? :rolleyes: LMFAO :D

levelhead
05-10-2016, 04:59 PM

Come to think of that you might be onto something there. I have been messing around doing some tests myself on that theory. How can someone over take you when you have maxed units your in front by about 8 mill and hitting every time for the last 30 secs but they still beat you. And you don't get a result screen of the final score so never know who got what etc Etc. And yes I was getting more points then them over the last 2 mins.

WBS
05-10-2016, 05:40 PM
Gree is putting out fake accounts to lead players along. Especially if it is happening to both of your accounts.

Agent Orange
05-10-2016, 05:58 PM
Gree is putting out fake accounts to lead players along. Especially if it is happening to both of your accounts.

Currently happening to ALL of my accounts.

[PM] President Hightower
05-10-2016, 06:06 PM
@WBS: You caught us! We created those accounts to boost your points on day 1...for evil.

Actually the mystery has been solved and you'll be surprised to know it's not an evil scheme. MW was featured on Android, recently, and we saw a spike of a considerable amount of new players. Many of them were "match-made" while still in the tutorial state (below level 5). Future Hardcore Bosses should be ignoring any player under level 5. There will also be some better matchmaking for Day 1, because some players are being matched against non-participants, while others are matched against top-scorers. This isn't exactly fair, so we think it's necessary and will improve the overall experience.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-10-2016, 09:55 PM
President Hightower;1557813']@WBS: You caught us! We created those accounts to boost your points on day 1...for evil.

WOW, so you publicly admitted on your own forum to MANIPULATING gameplay.

Isn't that against BOTH Google's and Apple's ToS?

On another note, isn't it time to offer better trinkets for rewards or achievements?

Why not ask the community what types of rewards they'd prefer to receive?

Why not offer three choices allowing the player to choose the poison preferred?

levelhead
05-11-2016, 02:01 AM
President Hightower;1557813']@WBS: You caught us! We created those accounts to boost your points on day 1...for evil.

Actually the mystery has been solved and you'll be surprised to know it's not an evil scheme. MW was featured on Android, recently, and we saw a spike of a considerable amount of new players. Many of them were "match-made" while still in the tutorial state (below level 5). Future Hardcore Bosses should be ignoring any player under level 5. There will also be some better matchmaking for Day 1, because some players are being matched against non-participants, while others are matched against top-scorers. This isn't exactly fair, so we think it's necessary and will improve the overall experience.

Thanks for the update hightower I knew there was something not right and that could be it. Looking at some of the tests I did yesterday it figures that low level accounts are mis-matched.

plavine
05-11-2016, 04:54 AM
Did anyone else notice that the hardcore units were indestructible the other day , now they are "medium"??

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-11-2016, 05:14 AM
Did anyone else notice that the hardcore units were indestructible the other day , now they are "medium"??

You betcha.
Its a display glitch. LOL

Jg48
05-11-2016, 06:07 AM
There is always going to be a display glitch from this fubar company. Get used to it

levelhead
05-11-2016, 08:33 AM
called poor quality control. They rush the event out as there is a high demand for it. Hence the errors.

[PM] President Hightower
05-11-2016, 09:33 AM

They were, and this was addressed. Last HCB had a similar issue. As these Hardcore units are new they took on the same problem as the old ones. We've taken steps to ensure that this won't happen again. All cash Hardcore Units are currently set to "Medium" casualty rate, but keep in mind this is only the display. The actual casualty rate is set separately. If it changes, we'll update the display if necessary.

WBS
05-11-2016, 05:23 PM

You guys aren't the first company to
do it.

Jg48
05-11-2016, 07:27 PM
A spike in new players I highly doubt it. Old players trying to find a device that mw is fast or works on. To bad you have to start a new player each time you put mw on a new device.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-12-2016, 12:19 AM
A spike in new players I highly doubt it. Old players trying to find a device that mw is fast or works on. To bad you have to start a new player each time you put mw on a new device.

Yes, very true that.
Pour most benevolent, gracious, kind overlords allow us to use linking so we can regain access to our older accounts.
Pour overlords are the best ever.
BTW, have you bought a vault this week?
our overlords are offering us 20% off savings.

Agent Orange
05-12-2016, 07:00 AM
Yes, very true that.
Pour most benevolent, gracious, kind overlords allow us to use linking so we can regain access to our older accounts.
Pour overlords are the best ever.
BTW, have you bought a vault this week?
our overlords are offering us 20% off savings.

Such a deal Dew, such a deal! Guess I'll pass like I've done for the past couple of years….

Agent Orange
05-12-2016, 07:01 AM

Now that is possible though didn't he confess to adding in them as well…… or was that a display error?

truthteller
05-12-2016, 09:17 AM

To be objective there is also the possibility of many, many, many players making new dead accounts in the hopes that they will get them in their group making it "easier" to get top spot, I myself have a "dead account" that created a year ago when I bought a new device, is level 17, and gets matched for HCB, day 3 almos over and I have ZERO points still lol

Brown Out
05-12-2016, 10:44 AM
I dropped 50 gold and changed my in-game name to Alex during last HCB.

Vile Lynn
05-12-2016, 11:58 AM

Why? Was it an advantage? ...just curious

Jg48
05-12-2016, 03:04 PM
He wants to waist 100 gold. 50 gold to change to Alex and 50 gold to change back. Just plain dumb.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-12-2016, 06:25 PM

Im sure your custom is appreciated by THEGREE and the moochers.

WBS
05-13-2016, 05:09 AM
If there is so many new players then why do the prize tiers go above and beyond how many factions participate in WD?

Robespierre
05-13-2016, 12:10 PM
The event is bracketed.

Day 1: easy with inactive accounts
Day 2: a couple of moderately active accounts
Day 3: matchup with all active accounts, close match, competitive
Day 4: wtf: all players scoring 300M plus.

Well done. Now we know why it takes an hour for matchmaking, and the high scoring players stimulate competition.

Brown Out
05-13-2016, 12:26 PM
Why? Was it an advantage? ...just curious

Lay low and let my opponents think it's just another dead "Alex" account...then catch them off guard and surge ahead near the end. Finished first every round.

Brown Out
05-13-2016, 12:29 PM
He wants to waist 100 gold. 50 gold to change to Alex and 50 gold to change back. Just plain dumb.

Nope didn't change it back, decided to keep it.

BTW, sorry spending 50 gold to change my name upsets you. I'll get your permission before I spend on anything else. ;)

levelhead
05-16-2016, 01:08 PM
The event is bracketed.

Day 1: easy with inactive accounts
Day 2: a couple of moderately active accounts
Day 3: matchup with all active accounts, close match, competitive
Day 4: wtf: all players scoring 300M plus.

Well done. Now we know why it takes an hour for matchmaking, and the high scoring players stimulate competition.

Yep that's the way. But on some events I have noticed the spenders start on day 3 getting to lvl 150 to get ready for day 4 lol
I could not do any hits on day 4 so just max out day 3 this time. Spent 30-40 mins on the game over the 3 days. Had I nice weekend away from the game. But I think the match making has been evenly matched as day 1 and 2 not much gold is used. So they have decided to drop all under level 5 accounts and so more chance of battles from day 1 lol

Cannot Connect To Server
05-17-2016, 04:12 PM
some of my games match themselves or match nothing... hcb is crud... its all pre set. hit free always same hit cash always same etc...u want more points waste gold...u want points use cash u want last place hit free.

levelhead
05-24-2016, 02:24 PM
After day one of the change in Hcb what a impact it has had. Ppl hitting the points hard on day one lol gone from a few hits for 1st. I hit 70 hits just to get second lol in most group's I was paired in ppl already hit over the 150 mark. Gree are thanking ppl that complained over the Alex's. If you want change then be aware its going to benefit gree ;) as someone posted before..... "The lights are going to be shining bright in gree land" lol

levelhead
05-24-2016, 02:26 PM
Nope didn't change it back, decided to keep it.

BTW, sorry spending 50 gold to change my name upsets you. I'll get your permission before I spend on anything else. ;)

Just curious..... did you ask permission this time round lol