PDA

View Full Version : iOS. Hightower. Crash. WD. Bad.

Edbl79
05-09-2016, 09:00 PM
See the title?!?!?! This was by far my worst wd experience ever. Even worse then being locked out due to 5.0. At least with the lockout something bad couldn't happen. There isn't one instance where I could complete 4 attacks this weekend. If I started a fourth the game would crash before I ever received a splash screen. Even the game hates the DS pop ups because it would rather crash then be forced to display the screen over and over again. By Saturday night I was attacking twice, closing game and attacking twice more coming back 38.5 minutes later. I didn't use one medpack. No point as refilling would probably trigger a crash and why I should I pay you to crash more? This is ridiculous Hightower. WD is your premier event and its reached the point of being unplayable on iOS. Top 5 must play on 2 devices in order to score the way they do, I don't see how it's possible otherwise. I've taken to bombing apple with complaints and I'm hoping others follow suit. Im here at this point because of my faction mates and players I've come to know over the years and that is having less impact to me everyday. Soon it's just gonna be enough and it'll be bye bye MW. Not that you care but you might if others are feeling the same. Get this fixed already. It's been long enough.

Oh and one other thing. HCB is rigged and broken. I have 5 accts. every single one of them has at least 2 Alex's in their tier and one of them has four. Other players are reporting the same thing. It seems to much of a coincidence to mean nothing that so many accts are matches up against an Alex for HCB. I don't know what it means but given your shady track record it can't be good. Not sure that the legitimacy of the matchup is something I can have faith in. That may sound like a reach to some but with gree I've learned it's entirely appropriate to call a spade a spade.

Danny123
05-10-2016, 01:13 AM
every 4 hits --- CRASH. Ridiculous

WBS
05-10-2016, 03:11 AM
That is interesting about Alex's, I have 3 in my group right now, Gree knows they have small player base so they may be using them to
Push players to try and catch up, I'll see if they hit,

Jg48
05-10-2016, 05:06 AM
Plus the old HCB units were taken out of inventory and not being compensated for the removal the all mighty gree that breaks tos. You can not remove items with out compensation.

Jg48
05-10-2016, 05:24 AM
Gree has to put all the Alex's there because there are not enough players to fill spots. Pretty lame if you ask me.

CAPT MICKY D
05-10-2016, 06:09 AM
I have 2 "alex's " as well. Several of my faction members seem to have even more!! Another gree fubar to screw the players

CAPT MICKY D
05-10-2016, 06:10 AM
plus the old hcb units were taken out of inventory and not being compensated for the removal the all mighty gree that breaks tos. You can not remove items with out compensation.

which units were taken?

Vile Lynn
05-10-2016, 08:32 AM
About the Alex's...

"Alex" is the default player name in all of GREE's games; there are tons of them.

If a player name violates the ToS language rules, or if it is reported for being offensive or innapropriate, the name will be changed to "Alex" by default. To change it from Alex to the name of one's choice will cost gold. They do name checks every so often. This has always been and probably always will be. (A long time ago, Crime City players used to have "Alex Attack Days" for the fun of it. It wasn't an official event, just something a forum member came up with since there are so many Alex's.) I like to target Alex.

The same rules apply to faction names, but the faction name will be manually changed to something like "Happy Unicorns" for example, since there is not a default faction name... and I'm not 100% sure, but I think all factions need to have a unique name. IOW, there cannot be two factions exactly named "Alex".

And, now you know. ;)

CAPT MICKY D
05-10-2016, 12:51 PM
about the alex's...

"alex" is the default player name in all of gree's games; there are tons of them.

If a player name violates the tos language rules, or if it is reported for being offensive or innapropriate, the name will be changed to "alex" by default. To change it from alex to the name of one's choice will cost gold. They do name checks every so often. This has always been and probably always will be. (a long time ago, crime city players used to have "alex attack days" for the fun of it. It wasn't an official event, just something a forum member came up with since there are so many alex's.) i like to target alex.

The same rules apply to faction names, but the faction name will be manually changed to something like "happy unicorns" for example, since there is not a default faction name... And i'm not 100% sure, but i think all factions need to have a unique name. Iow, there cannot be two factions exactly named "alex".

And, now you know. ;)

seems unlikely???... Last event had very few if any alex names and now some members have every name as alex? So you're saying in the time since the last hc boss gree went thru and flagged hundreds, thousands or millions of names? Due to them being inappropriate or violated rules? If so, what a waste of priorities and effort; with all the game issues gree chose to "fix" that?????????? Ludicrous, insane and a slap in the face of all mw players. All i can say is wow(clean version)

Agent Orange
05-10-2016, 01:56 PM
About the Alex's...

"Alex" is the default player name in all of GREE's games; there are tons of them.

If a player name violates the ToS language rules, or if it is reported for being offensive or innapropriate, the name will be changed to "Alex" by default. To change it from Alex to the name of one's choice will cost gold. They do name checks every so often. This has always been and probably always will be. (A long time ago, Crime City players used to have "Alex Attack Days" for the fun of it. It wasn't an official event, just something a forum member came up with since there are so many Alex's.) I like to target Alex.

The same rules apply to faction names, but the faction name will be manually changed to something like "Happy Unicorns" for example, since there is not a default faction name... and I'm not 100% sure, but I think all factions need to have a unique name. IOW, there cannot be two factions exactly named "Alex".

And, now you know. ;)

Know that Alex is the default name for a new player, but would banned players still be folded into the mix? That seems really unlikely. I do remember back when PUN players all changed their names to Alex for WD which was pretty darn funny but there is some thing more going on here.

Especially the sudden jump in player scores that I noted in another thread.

Now at this point I would be curios about three things,

1) those seeing this increase, did you use gold in the last HCB.
2) are these Alex's playing or just fillers.
3) are you seeing odd sudden jumps in a players score.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-10-2016, 02:40 PM
I Never trust anyone named Alex in this game.

There are many legitimate ALEXES in this game.

There are also many SUSPECT ALEXES, too.

Vile Lynn
05-10-2016, 03:38 PM
Wow, you guys are really too deep into this.

Jg48
05-10-2016, 03:52 PM
Wow HCB day 1 was 4th on the list and everyone scored 0 points with 1 sec left and I finished 4th. My math said if everyone scores 0 all should finish 1st on day 1. But I guess it's gree * * * * Ed math.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Wow HCB day 1 was 4th on the list and everyone scored 0 points with 1 sec left and I finished 4th. My math said if everyone scores 0 all should finish 1st on day 1. But I guess it's gree * * * * Ed math.

Another THEGREE value added feature, mate.

If the order was

Alex
Bob
Clarence
Judith
Sasquatch
and all had ), if no one scored, then

Alex

Bob
Clarence
Judith

They finish 1,2,3, 4.

Not THEGREE math, mate, THEGREE logic....LOL>>>LOL>>>LOL

LOL

Edbl79
05-10-2016, 04:30 PM
Wow, you guys are really too deep into this.

So many Alex's is very noticeable especially since it wasn't so apparent in prior HB events. Your explanation of where they come from makes sense but why so many players are facing an Alex this go around does not. Don't think anyone can be faulted when they notice something like this and question what's behind it. If anything it might slightly validate the post by that guy in the other thread about the carrot. I said slightly...

[PM] President Hightower
05-10-2016, 04:36 PM
@Edbl79: You're absolutely right that it seems more apparent this go 'round. This matter has been brought to the engineers and we'll be looking for a solution to try to remove them from the Day 1 queues or at least a clever way of keeping as many of them apart as possible.

Edbl79
05-10-2016, 09:00 PM
President Hightower;1557805']@Edbl79: You're absolutely right that it seems more apparent this go 'round. This matter has been brought to the engineers and we'll be looking for a solution to try to remove them from the Day 1 queues or at least a clever way of keeping as many of them apart as possible.

Thank you for commenting on the Alex's Hightower. I do however wish you would comment on the crashing. It's clear 6.1 did something to address the crashes but myself along with others have indicated a wait and see approach once we've gone through FL and WD weekend. General insight as to what you found or fixed would be nice, transperancy wouldn't hurt at this point.

Jg48
05-11-2016, 06:05 AM
There is no transparency from gree.

[PM] President Hightower
05-11-2016, 09:38 AM
@Edbl79,

Our team is constantly working to find and eliminate crashes. Unfortunately, some are harder to find or fix so can take more time to complete. I have surfaced all issues reported by players to the engineers and they have been mostly prioritized, so you should be seeing fixes with every update. Again, not all issues will be fixed with every update but with each one MW should become more stable.

Jg48
05-11-2016, 12:08 PM
Hey Hightower how about you get your dev to get game fixed before you make new broken events. Now that's a great idea

crazeejay
05-11-2016, 02:32 PM
Hey Hightower how about you get your dev to get game fixed before you make new broken events. Now that's a great idea

WBS
05-11-2016, 05:19 PM

Exactly!! They wouldn't have so much to fix if they cared more for quality over GREEd.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Fewer Alexes?
Not bloody likely.
This round my little eyes DEW see 4 opposing, battling ALEXES! LOL

Agent Orange
05-12-2016, 07:03 AM
Nope, new update seemed to make things worse. iPad is still unplayable for the most part on any of my older accounts. Somewhat playable on my newest 'Alex' accounts. iPhone is slightly better or worse depending on whether you consider the game 'half dead' or 'half alive'.

Batchief
05-13-2016, 05:31 PM
Big improvement on my iPad! 1st frontline battle went without any crashing!! iOS 9.3.1 MW ver 6.1 content ver. mw 20160513 71222 build 1672.7. Actually started working better last night, however, waited to see if it would last 24 hours!

WBS
05-14-2016, 02:51 AM
Big improvement on my iPad! 1st frontline battle went without any crashing!! iOS 9.3.1 MW ver 6.1 content ver. mw 20160513 71222 build 1672.7. Actually started working better last night, however, waited to see if it would last 24 hours!

You posted this at least 3 times?

Batchief
05-14-2016, 06:37 AM
You posted this at least 3 times?

Just trying to get positive information out, on the other threads that contain crashing issues.

Agent Orange
05-14-2016, 10:27 AM
Must be a newer account, iPad is still a disaster. I just opened up a brand new 12.9 from the lab. Installed MW, made another Alex then linked to my oldest account. After waiting forever to have it open I went to FL tapped like a banshee for a minute and it was good. Left the screen open while looking at the iPhone and boom crashed while doing nothing.

On Android I've started to see crashes as well with my oldest players. Newest guys are not as bad but still crash. At this point I've given up really thinking there will be ever be a solution as long as more and more crap keeps getting grafted onto the game.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-14-2016, 01:34 PM
Must be a newer account, iPad is still a disaster. I just opened up a brand new 12.9 from the lab. Installed MW, made another Alex then linked to my oldest account. After waiting forever to have it open I went to FL tapped like a banshee for a minute and it was good. Left the screen open while looking at the iPhone and boom crashed while doing nothing.

On Android I've started to see crashes as well with my oldest players. Newest guys are not as bad but still crash. At this point I've given up really thinking there will be ever be a solution as long as more and more crap keeps getting grafted onto the game.

This "game" has been crash prone from day 2.

Its gotten worse over the months of its existence.

Batchief
05-14-2016, 04:11 PM

AO: I can't explain why, however, I only had two crashes today while posting to faction members. Had three frontline battles with no crashing. Prior to this, crashes all the time on any activity, and sometimes just sitting there. The account is 3 or 4 years old. I have even recycled some units, which I could not do before. Believe me, I'm not a number 1 fan of Gree, however, something they did improved my game. I did not do the latest update either.

Jg48
05-14-2016, 04:50 PM
I can play with mini. But main is unplayable. Old accounts are unplayable on iOS

Bambamgunz
05-17-2016, 12:55 PM
I only crashed 2 times between 4 ios 4s's so it is alot better.Just still slow still.