PDA

View Full Version : Enough of hardcore boss

Pidgeot
05-09-2016, 03:20 PM
We want epic boss, not this. You said hard core boss wasn't going to replace epic boss but it seems like it did. We just got finished with a series of PvP events, we dont need more for another 3 days.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-09-2016, 03:22 PM
We want epic boss, not this. You said hard core boss wasn't going to replace epic boss but it seems like it did. We just got finished with a series of PvP events, we dont need more for another 3 days.

More lies are told, than taps are tapped.
I aGREE with you.
Unfortunately, no one is listening to those who lurk or tap.

Cannot Connect To Server
05-09-2016, 04:09 PM
yes another hcb after 3 before and rb... and it has useless DStrike daily prize again.. not even worth playing at all even if the stupid boss someday loads to hit the crud... epic was bad enough but 10x extra data and thousands of extra tap cos the poxy back button hides makes the game so tiresome to play cos ruined it just like they do every game they touch.

gree the great destroyers of games and entire companies all so u can line ur pockets with cash from kids.

levelhead
05-09-2016, 10:33 PM
I was a great fan of HB to be honest. But GREE have over killed it. I agree it seems like the EB is replaced with this 4 day money making Sh*t. If ppl spend on it the GREE will keep it going. I'm passing on if this time round. It's just to much and spoils the game. No doubt there will be another HB this cycle. You would think with the talent and money GREE have they would bring out something different to keep us entertained.

Cuombajj
05-10-2016, 12:52 AM
They probably earned so much on the first hardcore boss, product department commanded to have at least 2 of them each cycle.

Here is how I think it all works. People pay money when they are within reach of the prize (a carrot). Nobody will pay if they don't see the carrot or if they can have it for free. Epic boss was fun to players but bad for the moneys. Because the dispersion of stats between players is so great, it is very difficult to tune the boss health in such a way to maximize the "carrot on the stick" player amount, the ones that are "so close to completing it".

That's where the hardcore boss comes in! They designed it so that almost all players have the same stats for the boss, replaced the regen time with blue bar, to bring them even closer, so they could fine tune boss health so that all players are now "carrot on a stick" players! And to top that they pitted them against each other. That means that there are 5 players and only 1 carrot, so you cannot just buy the carrot, you have to pay more than everyone else like in an auction. And to top even that, it's not even a traditional auction. You still have to pay your highest losing bid, which makes you go even higher, because the damn carrot is so close... Oh and make 4-5 of these auctions every event, to reset your previous day's efforts and put you in even worse position.

"YAY!!!" everyone in the product department room applauds. "That's genius! Where are going to make so much money!"... But is it really fun though for the players? I get it that MW is a cash cow, but you have to also feed it once in a while not just milk it.

They tried the same approach with equipment before, that it would be used to fight epic boss. Not sure why it failed, would be at least a bit more fun than this hardcore one. So now that almost no one raids, the stats are basically only used for WD, which doesn't have good rewards? Why bother building them?

I wish the old PVP event would come back. Maybe it's basic and stupid, just attack that and that many players for rewards, it was more fun than doing ltqs and boxes forever... Look at the event schedule 3 years ago and go back to it, because it was more fun. You would lose money? Look how much you made then and how much you make now...

sbs2716g
05-10-2016, 12:52 AM
from the globe, seem like every week also have HC boss.... no raid boss scheduled..

WBS
05-10-2016, 03:09 AM
With the constant crashing many won't play. I won first place last HCB with 2 boss kills. I haven't come across a very active player yet. But maybe because I get matched with players like myself who get kicked out after 2 boss kills and will wait hours before going back in.

levelhead
05-10-2016, 05:25 AM
They probably earned so much on the first hardcore boss, product department commanded to have at least 2 of them each cycle.

Here is how I think it all works. People pay money when they are within reach of the prize (a carrot). Nobody will pay if they don't see the carrot or if they can have it for free. Epic boss was fun to players but bad for the moneys. Because the dispersion of stats between players is so great, it is very difficult to tune the boss health in such a way to maximize the "carrot on the stick" player amount, the ones that are "so close to completing it".

That's where the hardcore boss comes in! They designed it so that almost all players have the same stats for the boss, replaced the regen time with blue bar, to bring them even closer, so they could fine tune boss health so that all players are now "carrot on a stick" players! And to top that they pitted them against each other. That means that there are 5 players and only 1 carrot, so you cannot just buy the carrot, you have to pay more than everyone else like in an auction. And to top even that, it's not even a traditional auction. You still have to pay your highest losing bid, which makes you go even higher, because the damn carrot is so close... Oh and make 4-5 of these auctions every event, to reset your previous day's efforts and put you in even worse position.

"YAY!!!" everyone in the product department room applauds. "That's genius! Where are going to make so much money!"... But is it really fun though for the players? I get it that MW is a cash cow, but you have to also feed it once in a while not just milk it.

They tried the same approach with equipment before, that it would be used to fight epic boss. Not sure why it failed, would be at least a bit more fun than this hardcore one. So now that almost no one raids, the stats are basically only used for WD, which doesn't have good rewards? Why bother building them?

I wish the old PVP event would come back. Maybe it's basic and stupid, just attack that and that many players for rewards, it was more fun than doing ltqs and boxes forever... Look at the event schedule 3 years ago and go back to it, because it was more fun. You would lose money? Look how much you made then and how much you make now...

Agree there 😃 but it works on both sides. I have come across players that just drop gold to get first right from day one. And will drop what ever it takes to stay there. So while they see a big hike in gold purchase for HB then of course GREE is going to run it often as it thinks demand is high. So for the ppl with the additive syndrome that's got to win GREE just feeds into there disorder and benefits from the high demand. But I just think GREE are being to greedy now. You can see it a mile off. HB has taken over most events now.

Agent Orange
05-10-2016, 05:36 AM
Agree there �� but it works on both sides. I have come across players that just drop gold to get first right from day one. And will drop what ever it takes to stay there. So while they see a big hike in gold purchase for HB then of course GREE is going to run it often as it thinks demand is high. So for the ppl with the additive syndrome that's got to win GREE just feeds into there disorder and benefits from the high demand. But I just think GREE are being to greedy now. You can see it a mile off. HB has taken over most events now.

Seems to be some odd activity in HCB, perhaps built in shills.....

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-10-2016, 06:13 AM

Shills are everywhere, mate.
I better stop typing now. LOL

levelhead
05-10-2016, 09:51 AM

I would be surprised if there was. But there is something strange going on. The hike in points can be ott on some accounts yes but that's just ppl wanting to be first I guess/hope lol

Brown Out
05-10-2016, 11:28 AM

It's like the game show "Let's Make A Shill"

Edbl79
05-10-2016, 11:42 AM
What about all the Alex accounts. There weren't all these Alex accounts in previous HCB events.

levelhead
05-10-2016, 02:17 PM
What about all the Alex accounts. There weren't all these Alex accounts in previous HCB events.

There has always been Alex accounts from day one. On my mini I would have 3-4 Alex accounts. Maybe you have not come across them before so much. Alex is the standard name when joining. You can change it for free once if you never gave your base a name. Or GREE can change it if it's deemed to break TOS names. And that's changed to alex. There are 1000's if not Millon's of alexs on mw. Let alone crime city etc etc

ZXC
05-10-2016, 03:05 PM
There has always been Alex accounts from day one. On my mini I would have 3-4 Alex accounts. Maybe you have not come across them before so much. Alex is the standard name when joining. You can change it for free once if you never gave your base a name. Or GREE can change it if it's deemed to break TOS names. And that's changed to alex. There are 1000's if not Millon's of alexs on mw. Let alone crime city etc etc

I have 3 accounts, all of them were filled with 'alex', not one 'alex' posted any points , it stinks. 5 of my faction that i have spoken to have had the same experience - thats multiple accounts experiencing the same issue..

ZXC
05-10-2016, 03:43 PM
And day 2 starts without an Alex to be seen over 3 accounts , guess they all retired overnight ..

levelhead
05-10-2016, 05:05 PM
Alex are mainly low level or ppl that's left the game. There are 100's. The 2nd round will be matched on the points you accumulated/position you came. I'm guessing. So anyone with low/0 points will be matched in the similar group. So for active players should be matched with other active players in the 2 round etc etc. Well that's what I think anyway. But I could be wrong and just from what I can see