PDA

View Full Version : Android vs iOS logon time

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-03-2016, 12:11 AM
I was curious.

I timed logon time with iOS and Android devices.

To sum this up, Android takes between 5-10 seconds to access your game.

On the other hand, iOS takes anywhere from 60-120 seconds to access your game.

Why???

Cuombajj
05-03-2016, 01:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCwBkNgPZFQ

Skoalrulz
05-03-2016, 01:57 AM
I was curious.

Why???

Maybe your iOS device is to old to process all the data. My iPhone 6s takes about 10 seconds while my iPad 2 takes about a minute.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Maybe your iOS device is to old to process all the data. My iPhone 6s takes about 10 seconds while my iPad 2 takes about a minute.

Not bloody likely, mate. LOL
Its NOT always the device, mate.
It's very often the software and/or the programming.
iPad air2 and iPad mini2

Jg48
05-03-2016, 03:32 AM
iOS is unplayable. Why bother with it.

Agent Orange
05-03-2016, 04:18 AM
Dew's account is from back at the start of this game, same as mine and will be max'd out.

This dramatically impacts the loading time regardless of device. I have exactly the same problem with my IOS devices and can guarantee you that what I am running is the latest hardware and OS as well as stuff non devs will not have access to.

Cuombajj
05-03-2016, 06:03 AM
I've heard some one mentioned that the amount of units you have impacts you game speed. And that recycling unused ones without bonuses improves things. It's a PITA to do that with tens of thousands of units with current recycling system, but if you work on it every day you'll get there eventually.

Agent Orange
05-03-2016, 06:35 AM
I've heard some one mentioned that the amount of units you have impacts you game speed. And that recycling unused ones without bonuses improves things. It's a PITA to do that with tens of thousands of units with current recycling system, but if you work on it every day you'll get there eventually.

That would make sense, loading up all the different graphics must really drag things down. I know it does that for your base as well if you have a huge one. I believe that was why a long time ago there was a limit put on ornaments as folks were getting pretty creative with those….

Also suspect that things get screwed up with the massive quantity of boosts some of us old timers have with units. The units themselves have useless stats but it's the boosts that may or in all likelihood may not be getting calculated in.

And the other likely cause is just all the other crap going on such as multiple events and the loading of all the graphics and code to run them. It really boils down to a severe lack of planning on the overall design of the game that is causing all these train wrecks.

Agent Orange
05-03-2016, 06:50 AM
I was curious.

Why???

That is interesting, I did a few more experiments and am starting to wonder if it has something to do with the servers. Granted MW is just eating up our iPhone batteries which makes me think it's trying to compensate for some sort of connection issue by boosting the signal and burning up more power. Seems to speed up slightly if I park the phone right next to an access point. Granted this defeats the purpose of having a portable device. Might just as well plug it into an ethernet feed at that point. I any event with all the problems on IOS I can see a couple of different scenarios, one where IOS players say screw it and quit or the worse one where Apple delists the game because it is in violation of Apple's TOS.

The battery draining issue is now so severe on iPhones that I can no longer play on them without being tethered to power otherwise I can no longer use my phone for anything else. Just to be sure I just ordered in some higher capacity batteries but considering some of the test devices are 1-2 month old iPhone 6s' this is ridiculous.

smbass77
05-03-2016, 09:16 AM
not to mention the difference in speed/connection/and getting kicked off really hurts IOS players in the new Hardcore Boss Event. A person on IOS can not keep pace with someone on DROID.

basically if you have IOS and get in a head to head battle in Hardcore Boss, just stop. save the gold. You can't win.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Dew's account is from back at the start of this game, same as mine and will be max'd out.

This dramatically impacts the loading time regardless of device. I have exactly the same problem with my IOS devices and can guarantee you that what I am running is the latest hardware and OS as well as stuff non devs will not have access to.

It could be the age of the account?

But, I've debunked that issue, my friend.

Remember, we can link accounts, and I've linked my lil newbie accounts.

Whether I tried logging on with my older SENIOR CITIZEN accounts, LOL or newbie accounts, it STILL takes two minutes.

If its been a couple of days since I've accessed the accounts, log in time INCREASES.

One of the smaller ones took 240 seconds!!!!!!! LOL

I even stripped one of the LIL ACCOUNTS, leaving ONLY one building, same same: 120 seconds. LOL

Agent Orange
05-03-2016, 11:08 AM
It could be the age of the account?

But, I've debunked that issue, my friend.

Remember, we can link accounts, and I've linked my lil newbie accounts.

Whether I tried logging on with my older SENIOR CITIZEN accounts, LOL or newbie accounts, it STILL takes two minutes.

If its been a couple of days since I've accessed the accounts, log in time INCREASES.

One of the smaller ones took 240 seconds!!!!!!! LOL

I even stripped one of the LIL ACCOUNTS, leaving ONLY one building, same same: 120 seconds. LOL

Ah, ok thanks Dew. You are right must be something else, as my newest accounts. Guys I set up a couple of minutes ago are still slow loading. Those endless server pushes perhaps? Droid seems to load them in the background once logged in then gives you a game freezing pop up asking you to restart to load update. IOS probably does this on login which is brutal.

I do get those rediculously long login times on the iPads, the iPhones seem slightly better but neither is acceptable.

On one of the Droids I get a lot of Login Failed! Errors even after swapping screens from this forum! That looks like a Google Play Games issue, hmm perhaps on IOS it's an issue logging into Gamecentre, didn't gree screw this up a while back causing pretty much all IOS players to get locked out? Perhaps this is the 'fix'......

At this rate we're going to have to bill them a consulting fee since they sure don't appear to be making any progress on this issue.

Brown Out
05-03-2016, 11:28 AM
My login time results...

iOS = 1m 34s

Android = 7s

Before the last update Android was even faster, almost instant. 3 seconds max.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-03-2016, 12:18 PM
My login time results...

iOS = 1m 34s

Android = 7s

Before the last update Android was even faster, almost instant. 3 seconds max.

Yes, you've pointed out another anomaly.

Android used to be almost instantaneously.

Seven seconds sits in the midpoint of my tests.

DEWIN NUTTIN
05-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Ah, ok thanks Dew. You are right must be something else, as my newest accounts. Guys I set up a couple of minutes ago are still slow loading. Those endless server pushes perhaps? Droid seems to load them in the background once logged in then gives you a game freezing pop up asking you to restart to load update. IOS probably does this on login which is brutal.

I do get those rediculously long login times on the iPads, the iPhones seem slightly better but neither is acceptable.

On one of the Droids I get a lot of Login Failed! Errors even after swapping screens from this forum! That looks like a Google Play Games issue, hmm perhaps on IOS it's an issue logging into Gamecentre, didn't gree screw this up a while back causing pretty much all IOS players to get locked out? Perhaps this is the 'fix'......

At this rate we're going to have to bill them a consulting fee since they sure don't appear to be making any progress on this issue.

Ooh, did you say CONSULTING FEE????? :cool::)