PDA

View Full Version : Kind of confused regarding mob size.

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 10:18 AM
On the rivals list, you can't see anybody lower than your mob size, regardless of level, correct? So wouldn't it make sense to stay at a low low mob size, so no one could see you and attack you (unless you attacked them first and they counter attack through their news feed)? That's what I'm doing now, and no one with over 20 mob has attacked me yet, I'm at level 26 with 20 members. It's a lot easier to equip 20 dudes with amazing gear right? Thoughts on this? I'm pretty new to this, so I could have overlooked something, but it's going well so far.

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
i prefer to have the max number of mob members i can have cause i like people to see me and look at my awesomeness... but i definitely understand hiding if your worried about being robbed...

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 10:54 AM
So the only reason to get big is so other people can see how awesome you are? I'm not afraid of being robbed, but I don't see the point in inviting it.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-02-2011, 11:08 AM
On the rivals list, you can't see anybody lower than your mob size, regardless of level, correct? So wouldn't it make sense to stay at a low low mob size, so no one could see you and attack you (unless you attacked them first and they counter attack through their news feed)? That's what I'm doing now, and no one with over 20 mob has attacked me yet, I'm at level 26 with 20 members. It's a lot easier to equip 20 dudes with amazing gear right? Thoughts on this? I'm pretty new to this, so I could have overlooked something, but it's going well so far.

i downsized a few weeks ago when i realized that i was weak. i found myself constantly trying to arm my mafia with weapons leaving little to no money for my economy. i went down from 200 to 50, camped and started equipping my army with respect points (which i obtained from robbing laundromats). i used the money extensively for income buildings (new and upgrades) as well as expanding my hood. currently, i have one of the better stats for my level and mafia size. i'm able to repel most attacks/robbery attempts. i occasionally lose to gold users. i'm slowly building up my mafia size again (currently 85). my plan is to get to 100 so that i construct lofts (one of the more efficient buildings for mid level game). if you don't like this strategy, you can always add mafia (pretty easy, i added 15 members so far today). hope this helps.

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 11:17 AM
So the only reason to get big is so other people can see how awesome you are?

And because if you are able to equip a big mob it will make you strongest... but if you aren't able to equip a big mob yet then it probably is smart to keep it smaller unitl you can...

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
i downsized a few weeks ago when i realized that i was weak. i found myself constantly trying to arm my mafia with weapons leaving little to no money for my economy. i went down from 200 to 50, camped and started equipping my army with respect points (which i obtained from robbing laundromats). i used the money extensively for income buildings (new and upgrades) as well as expanding my hood. currently, i have one of the better stats for my level and mafia size. i'm able to repel most attacks/robbery attempts. i occasionally lose to gold users. i'm slowly building up my mafia size again (currently 85). my plan is to get to 100 so that i construct lofts (one of the more efficient buildings for mid level game). if you don't like this strategy, you can always add mafia (pretty easy, i added 15 members so far today). hope this helps.

Word, that's pretty much what I'm doing too. I'm making lots of money now, and can only upgrade so fast though, so what do I do with the extra? No point in expanding my hood yet really, I don't even have the default space full. About to be able to farm M4's, and I'm buying mustangs with respect, already maxed on combat boots and explosives. Guess I could save it, the m4 quest will undoubtedly have a high overhead...Other than that though...Hmmm...

whocareswhatmynameis
11-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Word, that's pretty much what I'm doing too. I'm making lots of money now, and can only upgrade so fast though, so what do I do with the extra? No point in expanding my hood yet really, I don't even have the default space full. About to be able to farm M4's, and I'm buying mustangs with respect, already maxed on combat boots and explosives. Guess I could save it, the m4 quest will undoubtedly have a high overhead...Other than that though...Hmmm...

i don't know your particular situation, so the advice i give may not apply. but if you have empty space in your hood with cash on hand, build as many buildings as possible! fill all the empty space, expand the hood, and then build some more buildings! in the mean time, upgrade your buildings. you can never go wrong following this strategy. as far as respect weapons go, better to save up for high end items like the yamaha bike or chain whip.

Mb Tnk
11-02-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm mainly a PvP/robbing player, and I have found the best approach for me is to stay in the middle of the pack (fully mob armed), therefore I see most of all players of all mob sizes within my level. I keep my mob size just large enough so I can see all the top mob players within a level, which also allows me to see players way below me (to a certain mob count). eg. Let's say the mob limit for my level is 300, I set my mob size to 210, this allows me to see players from 300 to 160 (give or take).

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Huh, that's weird, I can't see anyone with a smaller mob than I have.
I know I could be expanding and building a ton of ****ty level one buildings that I couldn't upgrade for weeks, but the payoff seems minimal, and I already have a lot of extra cash. The respect items I'm buying now are way better than any money items I could get it seems like.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Huh, that's weird, I can't see anyone with a smaller mob than I have.
I know I could be expanding and building a ton of ****ty level one buildings that I couldn't upgrade for weeks, but the payoff seems minimal, and I already have a lot of extra cash. The respect items I'm buying now are way better than any money items I could get it seems like.

can you be more specific... what are your stats and what level are you in? also, what buildings are the main source of your economy?

khung003
11-02-2011, 01:28 PM
that guy is funny and crazy, he said he can't see anyone at level 26 has lower than 20 mobs. Yes, only one left has 20 mobs at that level, @Wargasm.

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 01:44 PM
can you be more specific... what are your stats and what level are you in? also, what buildings are the main source of your economy?
I just hit 27, 452 attack, 826 defense, 530 energy, 8 stamina, 20 mob members, about $4500/hour, win to loss ratio about 8:1, with robberies its about 27:1. I have a couple laundromats, a pawn shop, two houses, all around mid level. I just deleted one of my basketball courts and put in two ice cream stands (used my initial 10 gold on hoops, then realized they sucked, spent the only 5 dollars I plan to spend so far to support the game and so far have used it for 2 ice cream stands) which I am currently upgrading the crap out of, one level 6 bball court left, and....6 guard towers, ranging from levels 3-6. Between my regular income, constantly robbing people for cash/respect, and doing profitable jobs, I've been doing fine. Can't wait to farm m4's though. >:-D

I'd honestly love to respond to you Khung, but I have no idea what you just said. :p

Oh, I think I might get it.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/309855_2161621921839_1285317545_1854825_165594594_ n.jpg

This is what I see.

khung003
11-02-2011, 02:06 PM
and because of what you see, you make a new theory about the rival list, right ?

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 02:17 PM
What do you have to go off of in a video game other than what you see? The list shows me ONLY equal leveled characters, and I have NEVER seen someone at my current level below 20 mafia (since the day I added my 20th mafia member of course). I've also never had anyone above 20 mafia attack me. It's not rocket science, dude.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-02-2011, 03:16 PM
the reason you don't see rivals below 20 is because everyone at your level has higher mafia size (20s and 30s). but once you start increasing your size, you will see players above and below your mafia size.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-02-2011, 03:26 PM
I just hit 27, 452 attack, 826 defense, 530 energy, 8 stamina, 20 mob members, about $4500/hour, win to loss ratio about 8:1, with robberies its about 27:1. I have a couple laundromats, a pawn shop, two houses, all around mid level. I just deleted one of my basketball courts and put in two ice cream stands (used my initial 10 gold on hoops, then realized they sucked, spent the only 5 dollars I plan to spend so far to support the game and so far have used it for 2 ice cream stands) which I am currently upgrading the crap out of, one level 6 bball court left, and....6 guard towers, ranging from levels 3-6. Between my regular income, constantly robbing people for cash/respect, and doing profitable jobs, I've been doing fine. Can't wait to farm m4's though. >:-D

upgrading the ice cream shops is a good decision. if you don't have italian restaurants, they are good sources of steady income especially once upgraded. if you have empty space, why not build income buildings, you will see a return on your investment within a day or two. if you are really selective about which buildings you want to construct, wait for the movie theater (i don't recall when you get access to build).

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 04:39 PM
upgrading the ice cream shops is a good decision. if you don't have italian restaurants, they are good sources of steady income especially once upgraded. if you have empty space, why not build income buildings, you will see a return on your investment within a day or two. if you are really selective about which buildings you want to construct, wait for the movie theater (i don't recall when you get access to build).

Yeah, I know it'd make sense to start expanding, and build low level income buildings, I guess it's mostly just sheer laziness. That, and I don't even have anything practical to spend money on right now that would raise my current stats by beyond a few points per 15k. Oh, and I kind of like people just assuming I'm a pussy because I have such a small hood, then running into the bulwark that is my defense. :eek: I'll definitely look out for the theater, I hear it's really good. I've heard Italian Restaurants are good too, I'll get a few of them I think.

What approximate level/mob count do you start seeing lower mob'd rivals at? 'Cause I'm not moving from 20 until all my guys have at least mustangs, combat boots, M4's, grenades/stun grenades, and...I dunno, maybe cleavers? Or Colombian knives or something.

Thanks for the help!

whocareswhatmynameis
11-02-2011, 04:43 PM
What approximate level/mob count do you start seeing lower mob'd rivals at? 'Cause I'm not moving from 20 until all my guys have at least mustangs, combat boots, M4's, grenades/stun grenades, and...I dunno, maybe cleavers? Or Colombian knives or something.

Thanks for the help!

it's difficult to say for sure. the only way of finding out is by increasing your size. don't fret too much... you can always remove some members if you feel you are ill eqipped.

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 05:32 PM
Word, I'm not really worried about it. I'm only going to grow when I have some extra, strong gear anyways.
Until then I'll just pwn some 20s. :D

Wargasm
11-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Haha I actually feel kinda bad. I've been hanging out in this guy's hood for like half an hour, just regaining energy, and raping every building he has, getting mad respect and money though. Not sure if this makes me an *******, or just an effective businessman, haha. Or both.