PDA

View Full Version : All noobs must read this

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 06:24 AM
I've been reading this forum for a few weeks but this is my first time posting. I can't remain silent because I see too many high level players giving noobs stupid advice. I will list all the stupid comments I've seen and why they are stupid.

1/ You should spend all your energy trying to get M4A1s at the shooting booth
-This is a really bad idea... Especially for low level players... Money is waaaayyyy more important than stats/M4A1s... I spent all my energy bar this morning (1200 energy) on the shooting booth and only made 10k cash and didn't get a single M4A1... I think it is much smarter to spend your energy on the teahouse in Chinatown... You get an AWESOME pay out from this job... Its only 190 energy and makes about 3k-8k per hit... Plus there is also a chance to get an armored police truck at the teahouse... Its not as strong as the M4A1 but its a vehicle and everyone needs vehicles...
I spend a full energy bar (1200 energy) on the teahouse when I wake up, after work and before I go to bed and I average about 30k-35k cash each time... Thats like having a building that pays out 35k three times a day... I'm level 75 and there is no building at my level that can pay that good...
EVENTUALLY I will have a booming economy and 35k three times a day will seem like nothing because I'll be making millions everday... At this point I will start putting all my energy towards getting M4A1s... But at any level under 100 you should definitely focus more on making money than worrying about M4A1s....

2/ Having the best stats is a good thing
-IMO having the best stats at your level just means you're spending too much on stats and not enough on economy... In this game all the money you make should go into expanding your hood/building money buildings/upgrading money buildings... You can keep your stats competitive simply by doing a lot of PvP and getting respect/yamaha bikes... You want to have average stats for your level... having stats that are too low means you'll get picked on and having them too high means your spending money on items and defense buildings which is stupid... Invest everything into economy and you will be much stronger in later on if your in this game for the long haul...

3/ Decorations are too expensive
-STOP complaining about this... They just seem expensive now... If you keep building economy eventually what seems expensive now will seem cheap later... Once my economy gets to the point where its pumping out millions each day then i'll be able to throw down a few subway entrances and not even be effected by it... just be patient people this isn't a game where everything is easy to get right at the start... you have to work up to get some stuff... if everything was just handed to you then this game would suck... having something to look forward to is what makes it fun... for me at least...
I've seen people say decorations need a purpose... They have a purpose... The purpose is to make your hood stand out... I spent gold on a christmas tree and 250k on a bus stop just to make my hood look better and I think they were worth every penny because I'm so sick of looking at hoods that have a bunch of crappy low level builds, a ton of ugly guard towers and no decorations... I'm level 75 and I see a lot of other people my level with butt ugly hoods... If you are that high of a level obviously you spend a lot of time on the game, so at least take some time to make your hood look good...

4/ You should worry about which money buildings to build/upgrade
-Yes its true that some buildings are better to upgrade than others... like the movie theater is definitely better to upgrade... this is true... but in the end it won't make that much difference what you build/upgrade... because heres a news flash to everyone, EVERY SINGLE MONEY BUILDING/UPGRADE WILL PAY FOR ITSELF EVENTUALLY... That means every money building/ money building upgrade is worth buying... What is important is that you be constructing and upgrading a money building at all times and expanding your hood too if possible... If nothing is being constructed or upgraded in your hood at this very moment then you are just wasting valuable time...

5/ My advice is right / yours is wrong
-Theres no such thing as the "right" way to play this game... All my advice here is based on making your economy better/more efficient which will make you strongest in the long run... But not everyone is playing this game purely to be the most efficient... Everyone has their own goals in this game and they are not all the most efficient... Myself being an example of this... If I was trying to be the most efficient player I would play completely different... I get the most enjoyment out of this game by simply having things in my hood that other people don't... I always have the best building I can have at my level and that is really fun for me knowing I have stuff other people are jealous of... Thats why I'm level 75 and have the underboss house, the church, the crematorium, the loft, the flower shop, all the best buildings I can have at my level... And you better believe as soon as i get level 87 i'm getting the wedding chapel and as soon as i get level 90 i'm gonna immediately going to start building that 2 million dollar building... Doing what I'm doing is awesome but its not the most efficient and I know that and I'm ok with that... I would rather play this way then just have all lower level buildings and no decorations just because I like taking pride in my hood and I'd rather be a little less efficient and have an awesome hood then be perfectly efficient and have a crappy hood...

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 06:27 AM
If anyone is interested in seeing my hood... My code is 583 507 598... I'll accept anyone...

KronicK
11-02-2011, 06:39 AM
@ this topic LOL...=))

whocareswhatmynameis
11-02-2011, 08:25 AM
thank you for sharing your thoughts/experiences.

1/ You should spend all your energy trying to get M4A1s at the shooting booth
-This is a really bad idea... Especially for low level players... Money is waaaayyyy more important than stats/M4A1s...
as you stated in your post, not everyone is playing to be the most efficient player or to have the best economy. some play primarily for the PvP, others for the missions, while others (this includes me) play for building stronger economies. even though i agree with you, this strategy bodes well for my playing style, i'm sure you'll find many who would disagree.

2/ Having the best stats is a good thing
-IMO having the best stats at your level just means you're spending too much on stats and not enough on economy...
same as #1, there are players who swear by their stats. for these players, they strive to have the best stats (lowest fights lost, highest robbery rates, etc.) similar to the way you pride yourself in having on of the better hoods around. there is no right answer, IMHO.

3/ Decorations are too expensive
-STOP complaining about this...
well it is true that decorations are expensive--- this i believe is the overwhelming opinion of most players (both at low and high lvl). if FUNZIO loosens up a little, i'm sure you will start seeing aesthetically pleasing neighborhoods. most people are caught in a catch-22 situation... build economy/improve strength at the expense of shabby looking neighborhoods vs. magnificent neighborhood with a paltry income +/- weak mafia.

4/ You should worry about which money buildings to build/upgrade
-Yes its true that some buildings are better to upgrade than others... like the movie theater is definitely better to upgrade... this is true... but in the end it won't make that much difference what you build/upgrade...
this is where i disagree with you the most. if your goal is to build the best economy, you have to be mindful of efficiency. you have acknowledged as much in your post. this is especially important to players like myself who haven't invested in gold yet. every penny counts... i am faced daily with a situation where return on investment is dramatically different for the same amount of upgrade investment.

let me demonstrate my point by looking at upgrade costs for italian restaurant (lvl1) vs gun shop (lvl5).
gun shop (lvl 5 to 6): costs 7014, takes 24 hrs to complete, incremental income is $43/hr.
italian restaurant (lvl 1 to 2): costs 7515, takes only 1:15hrs to complete, with incremental income of $93/hr, double the amount for gun shop for almost the same amount and significantly less time- in short most efficient!

you may feel that the difference isn't much, but over time, the difference will be significant. after all, wasn't it einstein who said compounding is the greatest force in the universe. of course, the example i outlined were for lower rung buildings, but i submit to you that this principle works as robustly on high end buildings.

-Theres no such thing as the "right" way to play this game...

AMEN! the most important thing is to understand is what your primary goal is (making money, PvP, PvE) and then formulating a strategy to achieve your objective in the shortest amount of time. we shouldn't forget that these goals are not exclusive- you can build a great economy while becoming a mean fighter and/or completing missions.

one final observation: play the game in whichever way derives you the most happiness!!!

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 08:56 AM
this is where i disagree with you the most. if your goal is to build the best economy, you have to be mindful of efficiency. you have acknowledged as much in your post. this is especially important to players like myself who haven't invested in gold yet. every penny counts... i am faced daily with a situation where return on investment is dramatically different for the same amount of upgrade investment.

Heres a situation to think about... Say you have 300k in the bank... you have done all the calculations and the most efficient upgrade is the movie theater... but by upgrading the movie theater you won't have enough money left over to expand your hood or construct the next building you need... even though upgrading the pawn shop is a less efficient choice according to the spread sheets... It still might be a more efficient option when you also factor in the cost of not using that money on something else... Therefore there is never going to a certain upgrade that is the "best" for everyone...

you could drive yourself crazy thinking of the implications of buying a upgrade and the cost of the time and money and how that affects the other things you are trying to do at the same time... but in the end as long as you are upgrading something then you are making progress... so don't worry so much about what it is or you will find this game to be more of a math problem than a game....

khung003
11-02-2011, 09:13 AM
- You said from very beginning that:

I see too many high level players giving noobs stupid advice. I will list all the stupid comments I've seen and why they are stupid.
and your 5th point:

5/ My advice is right / yours is wrong
-Theres no such thing as the "right" way to play this game.

So there is no right or wrong, just stupid or not stupid, is that what you want to say ?

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Its not really a contradiction khung... There is no right advice... but there is stupid advice...

my advice might not be right for everyone but at least its not stupid advice...

Cooz
11-02-2011, 09:22 AM
"STOP complaining about this... They just seem expensive now... If you keep building economy eventually what seems expensive now will seem cheap later... Once my economy gets to the point where its pumping out millions each day then i'll be able to throw down a few subway entrances and not even be effected by it..."

Is that how you handle your money in the real world? The value of something depends solely on the amount of money you have? Yeah, that seems...smart...

"Theres no such thing as the "right" way to play this game..."

And yet, you call people "stupid" three times (twice in one sentence, congratulations!) and use the phrase "giving bad advice" once in reference to those "stupid" people.

Here's a nice contradiction, too:

From No. 2:
"I spent gold on a christmas tree and 250k on a bus stop just to make my hood look better"

Followed by No. 3:
"In this game all the money you make should go into expanding your hood/building money buildings/upgrading money buildings."

How much is that bus stop making you?

Cooz
11-02-2011, 09:23 AM
- You said from very beginning that:

and your 5th point:

So there is no right or wrong, just stupid or not stupid, is that what you want to say ?

Ha! You're right there with me, Khung!

khung003
11-02-2011, 09:25 AM
Thats why I'm level 75 and have the underboss house, the church, the crematorium, the loft, the flower shop, all the best buildings I can have at my level... And you better believe as soon as i get level 87 i'm getting the wedding chapel and as soon as i get level 90 i'm gonna immediately going to start building that 2 million dollar building...
This remind me one guy, one funny guy, like you.
I once rob him, beautiful hood, easy to rob, money, respect points.
He then comment on my profile: "Your hood is pity, with such high levels. I never mind you."

He's right, you know. His hood is my gold-mine, respect point-mine. And he didn't know one thing, one important thing that a smart man should know, you don't build a bank for others. At this point, he obviously build the bank for me and other people, right (if I don't rob, others will) ? Not only he didn't know that but also he's proud of that.
The reason I don't build a bank is I don't want to build a bank for him or anyone else. I only build a bank for me, when I can do that.

Ram
11-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Cry me a river, Build a bridge and get the **** over it...

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Is that how you handle your money in the real world? The value of something depends solely on the amount of money you have? Yeah, that seems...smart...

/Stupid ... Real world money doesn't work like CC money... In CC you can increase your income/hr everyday... so your money will grow exponentially in this game... which means stuff that is expensive now will be cheap later... for the same to be applied to real life you would have to get a raise every single day and the size of the raise would also have to increase each day at an exponential rate...

As for the rest of your stupid post... like i said to khung... The fact that advice can not be necessarily always be right or wrong does not contradict the fact that advice can still be stupid/ignorant/misinformed/misleading

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 09:37 AM
This remind me one guy, one funny guy, like you.
I once rob him, beautiful hood, easy to rob, money, respect points.
He then comment on my profile: "Your hood is pity, with such high levels. I never mind you."

He's right, you know. His hood is my gold-mine, respect point-mine. And he didn't know one thing, one important thing that a smart man should know, you don't build a bank for others. At this point, he obviously build the bank for me and other people, right (if I don't rob, others will) ? Not only he didn't know that but also he's proud of that.
The reason I don't build a bank is I don't want to build a bank for him or anyone else. I only build a bank for me, when I can do that.

If thats you strategy then more power to ya.. but i'm not a bank for others cause I make sure to collect all the expensive buildings as soon as they are ready to collect.... plus i would rather consistently make more money then only make more money when i happen to find something good to rob somewhere else... to me its better to have a good building myself then to depend on someone else having it and me being able to rob it...

Cooz
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
/Stupid ... Real world money doesn't work like CC money... In CC you can increase your income/hr everyday... so your money will grow exponentially in this game... which means stuff that is expensive now will be cheap later... for the same to be applied to real life you would have to get a raise every single day and the size of the raise would also have to increase each day at an exponential rate...

As for the rest of your stupid post... like i said to khung... The fact that advice can not be necessarily always be right or wrong does not contradict the fact that advice can still be stupid/ignorant/misinformed/misleading

Oh, ok, so stupid/ignorant/misinformed/misleading advice can also be GOOD advice. Interesting.

That's an interesting understanding you have of inflation. Let's say on Halloween of 2010, I made $20/hour, and went to the store to buy a bottle of Coke for a dollar. On Halloween of 2011, I made $40/hour, and went to the same store and bought another bottle of Coke, and it was still a dollar, your logic says Coke is now cheaper because I make more money.

Just because I'm making more money doesn't change the fact the Coke is a dollar. Therefore, the value is exactly the same as it was. Perhaps I can afford more, but that doesn't mean it's "cheaper," as you say.

And by the way, I never said "real world money" works like this game. Your philosophy of the value of something decreasing based on the amount of money you have, though, is very real, and very foolish. What you're saying is you'll pay more money than what something is worth because the more money you have, the less something costs. Value is the fixed variable, not your income.

If you don't understand why you're wrong, I don't know what else to say, but I've got some real estate to sell you...

Cooz
11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
If thats you strategy then more power to ya.. but i'm not a bank for others cause I make sure to collect all the expensive buildings as soon as they are ready to collect.... plus i would rather consistently make more money then only make more money when i happen to find something good to rob somewhere else... to me its better to have a good building myself then to depend on someone else having it and me being able to rob it...

You missed his point entirely.

You're saying to ignore stats and just upgrade buildings. I'm not disputing that strategy, but he's making a good point; if you can't defend it, you're going to lose it. There are plenty of times I keep $100k+ on my person, and people try to rob me. They lose, because of the "stats" you're so against. Others probably look at me, and move on, cuz they know they'll lose.

However, I see someone with "average" stats like you suggested, and he has buildings like yours, I'll take them all.

Like someone mentioned earlier, it IS possible to build your economy and your stats at the same time. I did, and despite being 30 levels lower than you, I don't make a whole lot less than you do.

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Oh, ok, so stupid/ignorant/misinformed/misleading advice can also be GOOD advice. Interesting.

I didn't say that... try reading it again... I said two separate things... advice can't be classified as right or wrong... but it can be stupid... how on earth do you figure that means stupid advice can be good advice... wtf are you even talking about... you debate like a 3 year old...

That's an interesting understanding you have of inflation. Let's say on Halloween of 2010, I made $20/hour, and went to the store to buy a bottle of Coke for a dollar. On Halloween of 2011, I made $40/hour, and went to the same store and bought another bottle of Coke, and it was still a dollar, your logic says Coke is now cheaper because I make more money.

Just because I'm making more money doesn't change the fact the Coke is a dollar. Therefore, the value is exactly the same as it was. Perhaps I can afford more, but that doesn't mean it's "cheaper," as you say.

And by the way, I never said "real world money" works like this game. Your philosophy of the value of something decreasing based on the amount of money you have, though, is very real, and very foolish. What you're saying is you'll pay more money than what something is worth because the more money you have, the less something costs. Value is the fixed variable, not your income.

Of course a bottle of coke is always a dollar... What i said is it will seem cheaper once you're making millions... if you are bill gates a bottle of coke seems cheap as hell but if you are homeless person and only have a nickel then a bottle of coke is expensive to you... So yes, how much money you have definitely decides whether something is cheap or expensive... what is so hard to understand... please keep talking so i can keep making you look like an idiot...

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Like someone mentioned earlier, it IS possible to build your economy and your stats at the same time. I did, and despite being 30 levels lower than you, I don't make a whole lot less than you do.

Level doesn't make a difference... at any point in time someone can stop leveling... I could stop right now at level 75 and just collect and upgrade buildings and in a few months i would be far and away the best level 75 in stats/money/everything...

So at any point in time if I decide my stats aren't high enough to protect my buildings i can just stop leveling and wait til they get as high as i want to make them...

So obviously if i was getting robbed a lot then i would stop leveling and stat up... but my stats are just average for my level and i barely ever get robbed so whats the point?

Cooz
11-02-2011, 10:45 AM
I didn't say that... try reading it again... I said two separate things... advice can't be classified as right or wrong... but it can be stupid... how on earth do you figure that means stupid advice can be good advice... wtf are you even talking about... you debate like a 3 year old...

I guess, oh, wise one, what I'm missing is how you can suggest "bad" advice doesn't exist, but "stupid" advice does. Who's the three-year-old? Any reasonably-minded person would see "stupid" advice as "bad" advice. Please, try to argue with me some more on that. Since three other people have called you out on it already, I'm not sure I'm in the wrong here.

Of course a bottle of coke is always a dollar... What i said is it will seem cheaper once you're making millions... if you are bill gates a bottle of coke seems cheap as hell but if you are homeless person and only have a nickel then a bottle of coke is expensive to you...So yes, how much money you have definitely decides whether something is cheap or expensive... what is so hard to understand... please keep talking so i can keep making you look like an idiot...

The amount of money you have DOES NOT DETERMINE WHETHER SOMETHING IS CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE! The value of something is its relative worth when compared to other things, not by what you are willing to pay for it. That means you, King of The Bus Stop, spent $250k - or, more than the price of a lvl 1 to 2 Movie Theater upgrade - on something that takes up space and brings in no income.

You went out of your way to buy one of the few things in this game that bring you no benefit whatsoever.

I guess my main problem then becomes the tone of this entire post. You wrote this after railing on about how players should put all of their money into their economies, yet, you choose to do the opposite.

How am I the stupid one again?

If you want to blow your money on useless ****, that's fine, but it strains your credibility as an advocate for economy to suggest buying weapons is a waste of money, while buying subway stations (or whatever the hell) is part of your long-term plan because you can afford it.

whocareswhatmynameis
11-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Heres a situation to think about... Say you have 300k in the bank... you have done all the calculations and the most efficient upgrade is the movie theater... but by upgrading the movie theater you won't have enough money left over to expand your hood or construct the next building you need... even though upgrading the pawn shop is a less efficient choice according to the spread sheets... It still might be a more efficient option when you also factor in the cost of not using that money on something else... Therefore there is never going to a certain upgrade that is the "best" for everyone...

you could drive yourself crazy thinking of the implications of buying a upgrade and the cost of the time and money and how that affects the other things you are trying to do at the same time... but in the end as long as you are upgrading something then you are making progress... so don't worry so much about what it is or you will find this game to be more of a math problem than a game....

i like math and keep an extensive spreadsheet (i modified TLoord's table), measuring different metrics, trying to figure out which building to upgrade next. this keeps me engaged in the game. i'm sure for another player, the attraction in the game could be looting the next best weapon or finishing the next mission to level 5. this, i think, is the beauty of the game! depending on one's perspective and inclination, there's something for everyone.

cookies
11-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Strange advice, but everyone should play how it is the most fun for them :)

ShotInTheDark
11-02-2011, 11:11 AM
I guess, oh, wise one, what I'm missing is how you can suggest "bad" advice doesn't exist, but "stupid" advice does.

Not what I said... you keep changing my words and yet insisting that i actually said what you said... I said "wrong" advice doesn't exist as long as its intelligent and backed up by facts... but stupid advice does exist... do you really not get this cause i'm starting to feel like i'm arguing with someone with a mental illness

The amount of money you have DOES NOT DETERMINE WHETHER SOMETHING IS CHEAP OR EXPENSIVE!

YES IT DOES!! ... something that a rich person considers cheap, a poor person could consider the same thing expensive... everything is relative... just ask Albert Einstein...

Are you seriously telling me that when if you had a trillion dollars in CC money that you would still consider the bus stop expensive?

If you want to blow your money on useless ****, that's fine, but it strains your credibility as an advocate for economy

Although I did give some tips for boosting economy and advocate that economy is the best way to be powerful in the end... I didn't say I was an advocate for economy, if you actually read my post i said i think people should play however they think is the most fun...

Just cause I spend money on useless decorations doesn't mean that I don't know 10 times more about this game (and life in general) than you do... just means I like to spend money on useless decorations cause i like having a good looking hood... got a problem with that?

Cheez-It
11-02-2011, 11:54 AM
Good posts all around in this thread.

KronicK
11-02-2011, 12:06 PM
lol, when I looked at the topic of this thread, i already know hes a noob =))

Cooz
11-02-2011, 01:43 PM
lol, when I looked at the topic of this thread, i already know hes a noob =))

No ****...I'm done with it. Not gonna argue economic theory with someone who justifies exactly why games like this charge as much as they do...because they can.

Get an education, pal. Best of luck! Lookin' forward to finding you in CC!

Cooz
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM
YES IT DOES!! ... something that a rich person considers cheap, a poor person could consider the same thing expensive... everything is relative... just ask Albert Einstein...

See, that's exactly the problem, this is not about relativity. Value is scientific. If three of the exact same houses are for sale, one gets priced at 100k, one at 125k and one at 150k, which do you think will sell first?

If more people are buying something at 100k, and no one is buying that same thing at 150k, what do you think the more accurate value is?

At no point in that rudimentary lesson of economics does it matter AT ALL what is relative, or how much money the buyer has. It has nothing to do with that. I have a degree in this and I do it for a living, so if you want to continue arguing with me, I will further slide into fear of the future of the United States. Morons like you over-paid for houses coast-to-coast and cried when you could no longer afford it.

I didn't say I was an advocate for economy, if you actually read my post i said i think people should play however they think is the most fun

You're joking, right?

Let's ask anyone else who may actually be reading this, does this statement make it appear reasonably that he advocates economy:

"In this game all the money you make should go into expanding your hood/building money buildings/upgrading money buildings..."

How, in any way, is anyone supposed to think you do NOT advocate economy? I don't care if you said those exact words, the sentence above clearly shows that's your position.

Just cause I spend money on useless decorations doesn't mean that I don't know 10 times more about this game (and life in general) than you do.

It doesn't, you may recall me asking if this is how you thought of your money in the real world, so my point was, and is, you're a moron.

khung003
11-02-2011, 02:04 PM
No ****...I'm done with it. Not gonna argue economic theory with someone who justifies exactly why games like this charge as much as they do...because they can.

Get an education, pal. Best of luck! Lookin' forward to finding you in CC!

I thought he talked about the other guy, not you.

Leetfeet
11-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Hey there Shotinthedark. Welcome to the forums.

Just finished reading the thread and I have a few feedbacks. The next time you make a new thread I advice against calling people names. Even indirectly. You spent a lot of time on your post and with name calling any thread will surely spiral into a rant-off rather than constructive communication back and forth. Not sure what you aimed for, but objectively I will admit I found your post entertaining.

Regarding your points:

1) I agree. For already undergeared players I don't think farming for rare items is the best way to catch up. Tho if you are statwise in a huge comfort zone, getting some M4s sounds like a solid plan. I haven't gotten to that stage yet. XP is evil to me =)

2) Disagree. Even if you go for the heavy economy focus having superior stats will protect your money. Thus saving you a 10% deposit fee plus no one picks off your buildings either. From what I have seen all the players who have tremendously solid stats also have an equally solid hood. Not to mention the daily contribution losing players give you. Best. Money. Ever. e-peen wise. Final note: you can always upgrade a building and still spend a majority on items. And STILL increase your income.

3) Regarding this relative cost thing I must say I agree with your view. No way in hell am I gonna spend money on anything but trees for def purposes. Now. But eventuallly I will think "Do I buy this monster truck for 10 attack, or this bling subway entrance?" Subway! But ofcourse WHEN I spend that money it will not really affect my progress in any way.

4) I agree. Escpecially for the first buildings in the game. Get them all. Expand to fit them. Certain buildings will pay for themselves very very fast. Even if you don't like the 48 hour buildings you buy that dam Gun Shop. hehe. and upgrade it! It will turn into pure profit within a few days. This point is valid for Economy players. PvP'ers have other priorities, I am sure.

5) This is your best point. You shoud have started with that and I think this thread would have turned out very much more differently.

You sound very much like Khung003 you know, even tho you disagree =) Thanks for your insigths and good luck in the game!

Leet.

brutus beefcake
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I don't think there is any one absolute way to master the game........... well, I take it back. There's probably one, and that involves a painfully slow leveling up that would realistically put someone at about 3 years before sniffing level 75. As for me, my approach (since I leveled up faster than I should have), is to keep leveling up (lol), BUT, only until my current income matches that which I can milk Laquisha Jones for on a daily basis. Then I'm gonna sit on my that current level and try and get my stats way up.

It seems the best thing about this game is the unpredictable nature of how each person chooses to play it. It's the only app I have that I haven't gotten tired of.

khung003
11-02-2011, 05:22 PM
One day one guy visit me and say:"Congratulations!!! You just got a son."
I surprise much:"What!! How!??"
That guy: "Look!"

Hey there Shotinthedark. Welcome to the forums....
You sound very much like Khung003 you know, even tho you disagree =) Thanks for your insigths and good luck in the game!

Leet.

I'm afraid that might have become true.

K@le
11-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I must agree with 1 thing keep upgrading your building at all time thats what i do since i started this damn game and wont stop doing like that, if your not upgrading and if possible expanding then you loose precious time.
I am now taking $21k an hour on level 76 and 500.000 is not so much anymore to expand your hood.
I also understand what he means with the subway is in higher levels not expensive anymore because you make faster money, it is expensive but payable.
And he hit the jackpot with the teahouse in chinaland i hit it every day a few times unbelievable how much money i get from that and 2-3 armored police trucks a day is not bad at all.

brutus beefcake
11-02-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm gonna hit that teahouse up. I was doing one at the graveyard and getting state jackets but Laquisha was paying out more. She doesn't kick out anything extra so I think I'm gonna have to let her go lol.

Duke.0
11-02-2011, 06:41 PM
I must agree with 1 thing keep upgrading your building at all time thats what i do since i started this damn game and wont stop doing like that, if your not upgrading and if possible expanding then you loose precious time.
I am now taking $21k an hour on level 76 and 500.000 is not so much anymore to expand your hood.
I also understand what he means with the subway is in higher levels not expensive anymore because you make faster money, it is expensive but payable.
And he hit the jackpot with the teahouse in chinaland i hit it every day a few times unbelievable how much money i get from that and 2-3 armored police trucks a day is not bad at all.

Whats the payout / energy for the chinatown teahouse?

brutus beefcake
11-02-2011, 06:45 PM
energy is 190
payout is somewhere between 2700 and 7500 dollars

TemplarX
11-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Duke I added you on the friend request, after it got all wiped out. Accept, and come visit!

TemplarX
11-03-2011, 03:47 AM
Regarding the use of money, well ultimately it's to have fun. If you like a pleasant home, you decorate it. If u like kicking others ass, armed yourself for it. If you like to achieve records, target your stats. Damn it's only a game we'll all forget about in weeks.

let's team up n fight! add*-->>> 812 939 373

nvbealone
11-03-2011, 05:14 AM
1 man VS many many..

ShotInTheDark
11-03-2011, 05:15 AM
No ****...I'm done with it. Not gonna argue economic theory with someone

And yet in your next post you continue to argue... lol

See, that's exactly the problem, this is not about relativity. Value is scientific.

Relativity is also scientific... and this is 100% about relativity... To a rich person something seems cheap and to a poor person the same thing seems expensive... The scientific value of the object never changed but the relative association of the object either being cheap or expensive did... so you actually just proved my point...

Saying value is scientific does not mean it isn't relative... If value was not affected by relativity than a dollar would have no more value than a piece of paper...

If three of the exact same houses are for sale, one gets priced at 100k, one at 125k and one at 150k, which do you think will sell first?

This isn't even what we are arguing... the value of a house in the game never changes... you keep trying to make crime city arguments with real life applications... THIS IS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE... We are talking about the relative association of a standard object with a standard price being labeled as expensive by some and as cheap by others... its really not that hard to understand...

I have a degree in this and I do it for a living, so if you want to continue arguing with me, I will further slide into fear of the future of the United States. Morons like you over-paid for houses coast-to-coast and cried when you could no longer afford it.

Congratulations, I have a degree as well... But at no point did I say I was from the United States... That is just a stupid assumption... but stupid assumptions do seem to be a common theme in all of your arguments...

"In this game all the money you make should go into expanding your hood/building money buildings/upgrading money buildings..."

How, in any way, is anyone supposed to think you do NOT advocate economy? I don't care if you said those exact words, the sentence above clearly shows that's your position.

At that point in my post I was talking about people who play for stats and telling players exactly how to use economy to lead to better stats in the long run... But if you continue to read my post you will find that I do not advocate that method as the ONLY style of game play... I actually advocate that people play the game however they find it most enjoyable...

ShotInTheDark
11-03-2011, 05:33 AM
Hey there Shotinthedark. Welcome to the forums.
Just finished reading the thread and I have a few feedbacks. The next time you make a new thread I advice against calling people names. Even indirectly. You spent a lot of time on your post and with name calling any thread will surely spiral into a rant-off rather than constructive communication back and forth. Not sure what you aimed for, but objectively I will admit I found your post entertaining.

Name calling is how I start heated debates... Heated debates are more entertaining for me than calm ones... And you said you found my post entertaining so thats exactly what I was going for...

2) Disagree. Even if you go for the heavy economy focus having superior stats will protect your money. Thus saving you a 10% deposit fee plus no one picks off your buildings either. From what I have seen all the players who have tremendously solid stats also have an equally solid hood. Not to mention the daily contribution losing players give you. Best. Money. Ever. e-peen wise. Final note: you can always upgrade a building and still spend a majority on items. And STILL increase your income.

You're absolutely right... having superior stats will protect your income... But if you focus too much on stats then you run the risk of having high stats to protect your income but no income to protect... Even with high stats leaving money out of the bank to avoid the 10% fee is very risky... Because no matter how high your stats are there is most likely someone else who spends a lot of real life cash who can beat you and take it all...

emcee
03-03-2012, 03:37 AM
THIS IS A GAME NOT REAL LIFE...

Holy fudge! I thought Crime City was real life. I make more money daily. Improve my real estate holdings. Buy lots of bling items. Visit a few friends...

Santa
03-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Okay this thread has spiraled out of control...

Here's my two cents:

Everyone plays differently. Maybe one person plays to have a sweet looking hood. Maybe someone plays to have a win/loss ratio of two trillion. Maybe they play to have an income of $4,000,000/hr. Who knows? They play that way because it makes them happy. You'll never know which path is "better" until you try them all! Maybe at level 75 economy is the way to go. But maybe at level 175, PvP is the better option! Stop fighting over something you can never agree on!

If you don't like the way someone plays, ignore it! If you disagree with someone, don't tell them they are stupid. Knowing most people, they'll just start calling you stupid right back. If you meant to start a forum war, good job, this might be one. If not, well then STFU. Everyone on this forum has good ideas/points. Chill out guys...

Max Power
03-03-2012, 05:49 AM
Holy Necro attack Batman!

upsman_17
03-03-2012, 06:51 AM
I've always said that I would never buy gold in this game. But if Funzio would introduce an option to let me lower my level so I could go down 20 and ransack "shotinthedarks" hood in I would happily pay. While an entertaining thread to read the original poster is slightly off by assuming he can reinvent the wheel. I get that there are different playing styles but to assume that at level 75 farming m4's is waste of ones time is lunacy. How are stats at that level irrelevant? If you have strong stats it helps to supplement your economy or make it entirely if that is your strategy. Show me a person who claims that it's "more fulfilling to earn their own money rather than rob" and I'll show you a player with horsesh!t stats that CAN'T rob anyone. Clearly missing out on an important aspect of the game. The best players implement all strategies and even then there's always gonna be the gold spenders to contend with so why not do everything to make you the strongest possible.

Side note to noobs: Do NOT listen to the original poster. For economy growth read up on tramp stamps guides and other players resources for looting etc. MUCH more valuable than the "subway station economic growth plan".

CounterSniper
03-03-2012, 06:56 AM
Holy Necro attack Batman!

The op is the exact type of player I was referring to in my post the other day about hi lvl buildings and people wanting them to make themselves feel better than everyone else. The psychology at play is evident and many players fall prey to this. It's called crime city and not better hoods and gardens so the play style while ego-feeding isn't really the point of the game. They might as well play Snoopy's street fair. That is the entire idea behind that game. But hey I was just making quite a leap, right.

Swifty
03-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Yeah, but I am a noob.

Santa
03-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Yeah, but I am a noob.

Well said Swifty.

Bambamdaniel
03-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Well. Bams is gonna sound stupid but!!!! There is a combination of events and items which improve game play. The Variables are different for each player. Example Alley cat level 40 something ...I was there several weeks ago at same level she,s still there but great friend .her stats are low. But she enjoys it there . So that is a reward...Due to forum. Finding posts like this = reward..getting ..sig Hugh reward. To me..getting robbed sucks but I don't stress over it..getting attacked sucks! But in that lies opportunity to battle then kiss and make up lol..so having said all of this..simple point .you don't get a trophy at end ..so enjoy the journey in cc and have fun . Regards. BamBam!!!

617Pats
03-03-2012, 07:59 AM
No noobs should read this

Swifty
03-03-2012, 10:43 AM
Oops, sorry, I read it.

ShawnBB
03-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Whats the payout / energy for the chinatown teahouse?

26.3 ppe in average. Higher lvl has a lot more higher ppe spots.
PPE is what I am strictly following as for the energy bar since my first day of this game.

This thread is very interesting.
From my perspective, I don't think anyone should be called stupid or forced to follow something like "best plan"
Everyone might have a different focusing area, and will always have some shortage.
For me, I have completely the same purpose as whocareswhatmynameis, econ calculation keeps me in this game so far.

Damn, emcee... Why would you dig out some thread 4 months ago

Max Power
03-04-2012, 04:57 AM
The op is the exact type of player I was referring to in my post the other day about hi lvl buildings and people wanting them to make themselves feel better than everyone else. The psychology at play is evident and many players fall prey to this. It's called crime city and not better hoods and gardens so the play style while ego-feeding isn't really the point of the game. They might as well play Snoopy's street fair. That is the entire idea behind that game. But hey I was just making quite a leap, right.

And preaching to them and cutting them down appears to make you feel good too, so......good times, good times.....

emcee
03-04-2012, 05:42 AM
Damn, emcee... Why would you dig out some thread 4 months ago

I was doing a search for something. Went away for a while. Didn't refresh and noticed this thread.

Even though its a 3 month old thread I found it to be an interesting post.

Swifty
03-04-2012, 05:48 AM
And it gives us noobs a chance to identify ourselves.