PDA

View Full Version : An open letter to the Big GREE:

Jnsolberg
03-23-2016, 08:56 AM
This was sent to me by someone who is unable to post on the forum:

Thank you.

I have played KA for over two years through the many changes and ups and downs that have happened. Many of these 'bumps in the road' could have...and probably should have...been avoided if only one thing had happened: if you had listened to your Player base.

Yes, I know you have beta testers and that game changes take weeks and months to envision, plan for and execute and for an endeavor as big as KA has become, some glitches will happen.

But it seems to many of us that your desire to provide a quality gaming experience that is fun for the Players is most often over-shadowed by an increasingly transparent effort to separate us from our money.

We recognize that you are a business. And that you are in that business to make money. Who doesn't want more money? But please consider this: the revenue drive should NEVER over-ride the fun factor! Make the game difficult...sure. Make the game challenging...by all means. Make the game impossible...that's when you start to lose us and our money.

The recent kerfuffle with Orb allocation is a perfect example of the point I am trying to make. Your dev team had come up with an innovation for the game that truly was exciting. The game-changes worked on both the individual and Guild levels and generated a great deal of excitement.

Unfortunately, the basic building-block of the new structure very quickly became exhausted Player-side. And, we has virtually no way of either generating or purchasing more Orbs on the spot. Many of us had piled up Honor for weeks and months, with nothing to do with it.

Along came some nice Army Units in the Store...for Honor. Many, myself included, took advantage of them for two reasons: 1. An immediate stat bump and 2. Something to do with all that Honor. Then, that new RB Event, which we soon discovered required those piles of Honor.

We struggled through and many Guilds, through the generosity of individual Members, were able to be competitive in the Event on both the Guild and Indy Quests.

BUT IT DID NOT HAVE TO BE THAT DIFFICULT!

Had you given us the simple courtesy of a cryptic heads-up that we were going to need our Honor ("Watch for an opportunity to demonstrate your Honor for the glory of your Guild" or something like that), a lot of anguish and ill will could have been avoided.

Aside from an attempt to liven up the game, the new RB structure also accomplished another thing. One of my fellow Founders took the time to poll us and collect our thoughts. That became the post you have responded positively to, and that brings me back to my opening, thank you.

With the changes suggested, the next time through may work better, for both sides...corporate and Player. The Players will have more fun and corporate will not lose any more paying customers.

There are a lot of us out here that have some good ideas about the game. Please listen to us...we are all in this thing together.

Signed: A hopeful Player

P.S.: One more thing, we didn't appreciate the suggestion that we were too stupid to realize that there might be something coming to use our Honor for. We go to the Forum to share ideas, not to be belittled.