PDA

View Full Version : iOS game crashing thread - Hightower please read

Edbl79
03-22-2016, 06:40 PM
Hightower, in the hardcore boss thread you said you needed feedback on the iOS problems. I have the iPhone 5s and 6plus. I am running iOS 9.3 on both right now and MW game version 5.3. On my 6plus the game takes up 5.1gb of space and the 5s it's 1.9gb. It's only 1.9gb on the 5s because I recently deleted and reinstalled so it's building back up.

The current problem with the iOS version of the game is that it seems like there is a clock before it crashes.

Buying 60 alpha planes requires 6 taps. If I do that and than try to complete an LTQ goal the game will crash.

In FL if I would login to game with 3 minutes left in battle and wait til last minute to deploy the game would crash before battle is over. Or when going for Indy I would slowly start to deploy about 15 gunners at a time at the 10 minute mark. After about 4 minutes the game would just crash. I log back in and start to deploy again and to ensure I don't crash I would close game at 2 minute mark and restart to ensure I can finish Indy.

In WD I would do about 12 attacks in a row and then crash. With the double strike the time in between hits is about 15-20 seconds whereas attacks used to register instantly in the past.

At the start of a new LTQ I would begin by doing normal. I would get goals 1 and 2 done and start on goal 3 and I would crash. Reopen game, continue on goal 3 and crash when completing goal 5 or just after finishing.

If I open the game and do nothing I eventually just crash. Even no action causes crashes.

What is common in all of this is what I referenced at the beginning, it's like there is a clock. In each event or even if I do nothing the game will crash within 3-4 minutes after opening it. It's ridiculous. It's unacceptable. It's inexcusable. I would appreciate your prompt reply acknowledging my thread as well as what will be done to address this.

Bambamgunz
03-23-2016, 12:06 AM
This game is nolonger worth my time having to restart my 3 fully updated iphone 4s's over 100+ time's since EB started from modern war just closing,,dont matter what event or goal i do it's the same. I have all same issues as Edbl79. I have seen ios all over these forums with same issues but nothing you have done has fixed it just made it worse ..
Oh the empty base when switching accounts has been fixed.

rutty
03-23-2016, 01:38 AM
I also experience similar issues. It seems there is a very serious memory leak that has been there for a while (was experiencing frequent crashes during last Frontline) and has become worse recently. Please fix it.

HGF69
03-23-2016, 05:21 AM
OP says it all

Cuombajj
03-23-2016, 05:26 AM
Galaxy S6 runs MW perfect. No crashes what so ever, and super fast. And loads of free videos for gold ;)

Agent Orange
03-23-2016, 06:36 AM
Galaxy S6 runs MW perfect. No crashes what so ever, and super fast. And loads of free videos for gold ;)

When did galaxy's start running IOS?

Android is currently slightly more stable however gree can just as easily screw this all up by forgetting Android's limitations in respect to the size of their server pushes. Plus it's plain dumb to spend a few hundred dollars on a game that may or may not work properly or even be around much longer.

Personally I do have my players linked on Android and IOS but the Android tablets I use are inexpensive Asus quad core with min 1gb of system/app memory. Otherwise you run the risk of a server push screw up.

On IOS, my guess as the OP observes is that the app just bloats itself up to the point it crashes. Since each server push is cumulative and doesn't flush it's old data sets (same as Android) eventually it exceeds the design limitations of either operating system. My oldest account from Nov 2011 all suffer from crashing because there is just too much crap that the app is trying to deal with. What I am refering to are building and unit graphics and data plus all the stupid animated graphics. This overloads the device and boom!

I can successfully detonate my Android tablets in the same way if I load up my oldest accounts on it as well...

Those with newer accounts with less crap loading up do not experience these issues, if I load up a new account with substantially less graphics/buildings on the base and units in inventory my IOS devices don't barf as readily so the reality is neither platform is perfect.

I would have suggested Bluestacks however it suffers from issues as well on OSX and Windows but it runs so much faster when it is on it's game but it can just as easily get totalled when gree screws something up so nothing is a perfect solution...

Oh wait a sec, quitting might be that solution...... Though in my case I have this weird fascination with train wrecks....

WBS
03-23-2016, 08:30 AM
Yes AO, train wrecks can be fun to watch as long as no one gets hurt. Gree is a long train and every event causes another train car to derail.

Toby_Bear
03-23-2016, 08:36 AM
Noticed Hightower NEVER responds to lag, unstable, or crashing threads..... Maybe if it's ignored long enough we will all go away.......or they start charging us gold to have the app run properly

Eduard
03-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Game overall is very very slow and after 5 or 6 movements in the game, game crashes.
I play on an Ipad Air, and MW is the only game that have these problems.

Probably it is a memory problem and Gree is puting too much events in the game.
Take care of your members Gree and don't allways think in gold.

If you want my opinion, quit this Boss event. I don't like it at all. Too much losts of unit. After every hit you must buy new ones.
Health regen doesn't work
Your stats are useless
Boss 150 cannot be killed without using gold.

WBS
03-24-2016, 06:16 AM
Noticed Hightower NEVER responds to lag, unstable, or crashing threads..... Maybe if it's ignored long enough we will all go away.......or they start charging us gold to have the app run properly

It is nice to see communication, but U.S. Players want things fixed and not new events until Gree gets its act together. The problem with Hightower is he works for Gree and is held down by what Gree does. I think he must know the lack of of quality modern war is.

Bndawgs
03-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Droid still has crashing issues even with their "fix"

[PM] President Hightower
03-24-2016, 11:28 AM
We are currently investigating crash issues for both Android and iOS. None of these issues are instant-fixes so after investigation a short amount of time will have to be spent fixing said issue. The best thing you can do to help speed up the process please submit a detailed ticket for each type of crash with at least the following info:
1. Where / When the crash occurred.
2. What steps lead you to the crash.
3. What device you are using.
4. What version of iOS or Android you are using.
5. Screenshot, if possible.

The more tickets (from individual users) we get regarding a specific issue, the higher priority that issue becomes.

Thanks for your help.

Agent Orange
03-24-2016, 12:41 PM
President Hightower;1554262']We are currently investigating crash issues for both Android and iOS. None of these issues are instant-fixes so after investigation a short amount of time will have to be spent fixing said issue. The best thing you can do to help speed up the process please submit a detailed ticket for each type of crash with at least the following info:

The more tickets (from individual users) we get regarding a specific issue, the higher priority that issue becomes.

Thanks for your help.

See my other thread.

Off the top observations, iPads are now more crash/freeze prone then iPhones and that goes for iPad2 through current and iPhone 5 through current. Sorry but due to even worse issues anything older we have in inventory is useless now.

The main problem is that you guys have stuck to much junk onto a game engine that does not appear to be scaleable. Add to this the insane amount of graphic support required and this is causing the app to detonate. I do find it interesting that the iPads are now crashing when idle which makes me suspect this could also be a clue.

- game data is severely bloated, seriously you need 1.5+ GB for this bloatware?
- app uses an abnormally high amount of data on wifi and cellular compared to previous versions
- battery life on iPhones is dismal, on iPhone 5's I get about 1.5 hours of contiuous use vs all day on previous versions
- iPads are marginally better but still dreadful
- app is active in background which is likely causing above.
- Android is marginally better again in terms of battery and data use
- server pushes are typically pushing the limits of devices in terms of siz vs system memory
- Android server pushes exceed capability of devices with under 1 GB of system 'heap' a fail
- too many animated graphics taxing cpu/graphics abilities
- need for more then 1 person doing product testing on an emulator instead of actual devices (ok so I guessing on this one
But there appears to be no product testing taking place

How's that for starters...
-

Toby_Bear
03-24-2016, 01:00 PM
President Hightower;1554262']We are currently investigating crash issues for both Android and iOS. None of these issues are instant-fixes so after investigation a short amount of time will have to be spent fixing said issue. The best thing you can do to help speed up the process please submit a detailed ticket for each type of crash with at least the following info:

Thanks for your help.

Your kidding with this response right? I mean your title says "DEV" in it.... The plethora amounts of detailed threads surrounding all of these ridiculous LAG, CRASH, and out right UNPLAYABLE threads is not enough? You seriously want us to submit a ticket to the black hole as if that's going to resolve anything! I could post here the exact response from CS around this very topic if you wish, the response was as comical as yours.

Toby_Bear
03-24-2016, 01:02 PM
How about an actual DEV play the game outside the controlled space of the lab for two seconds and bam you will fill our pain that we have been SHOUTINGS for months!

J-manKometh96
03-24-2016, 01:56 PM
How about an actual DEV play the game outside the controlled space of the lab for two seconds and bam you will fill our pain that we have been SHOUTINGS for months!

COme now. We can't have devs doing things that actually make sense. Can you imagine what would happen if things weren't constantly broken?

Bambamgunz
03-24-2016, 03:00 PM
My 4s's crash much less since update but have 1 member with 6 now has issues 4s's had.

Bambamgunz
03-24-2016, 03:05 PM

I agree How about Devs try and play on different devices and see how long till they wanna delete and quit !!

I will do my part and do this but Since employee cuts this part has failed misserably.

We are currently investigating crash issues for both Android and iOS. None of these issues are instant-fixes so after investigation a short amount of time will have to be spent fixing said issue. The best thing you can do to help speed up the process please submit a detailed ticket for each type of crash with at least the following info:

Thanks for your help.

Since ios mw update!
Oh building walls spinner goes around once and action done,most actions spinner goes on and on.

Edbl79
03-24-2016, 03:26 PM

Thanks for your help.

Hightower, I appreciate you taking the time to respond however I provided a relatively complete summary of what occurs. On average, across all seven days of the week I am opening the game 30 times a day to do something. 29 out of 30 times the game is crashing. If your expectation is that I document each crash that won't happen. This isn't a new issue. As has been said by others this has been talked about in multiple threads already. I posted here because of what you said in the hardcore boss thread and now you're telling us to log tickets. So which is it? Also, how are we supposed to screen shot lag and crashes? By its nature any screenshot of the game would be considered lag and I can't document a crash. If you would like I can screen shot the home page of my phone as that would show the same thing that happens when a crash occurs. Also, It's understood things take time but this started out of no where and has been happening for long enough to be apparent on your side in terms of the cause. Search the forum for the first time the string iOS and crash were used in 2016, look at your implementation memos for that week and isolate the push to production that is responsible and debug it.

I really appreciate your efforts lately, what you have said and done has shown your effort which to me appears to be more than your predecessors have ever done, but at a certain point definitive action needs to be taken and we are passed that point.

Twist of Cain
03-24-2016, 06:14 PM
Hightower, I appreciate you taking the time to respond however I provided a relatively complete summary of what occurs. On average, across all seven days of the week I am opening the game 30 times a day to do something. 29 out of 30 times the game is crashing. If your expectation is that I document each crash that won't happen. This isn't a new issue. As has been said by others this has been talked about in multiple threads already. I posted here because of what you said in the hardcore boss thread and now you're telling us to log tickets. So which is it? Also, how are we supposed to screen shot lag and crashes? By its nature any screenshot of the game would be considered lag and I can't document a crash. If you would like I can screen shot the home page of my phone as that would show the same thing that happens when a crash occurs. Also, It's understood things take time but this started out of no where and has been happening for long enough to be apparent on your side in terms of the cause. Search the forum for the first time the string iOS and crash were used in 2016, look at your implementation memos for that week and isolate the push to production that is responsible and debug it.

I really appreciate your efforts lately, what you have said and done has shown your effort which to me appears to be more than your predecessors have ever done, but at a certain point definitive action needs to be taken and we are passed that point.

I like this part right here

[PM] President Hightower
03-24-2016, 06:54 PM
@Edbl79:

I really appreciate your thorough original post, however any issue found in the game receives a priority. Priority is generally rated by severity and exposure. If a single player claims that there is a crash in an LTQ, that bug will be investigated, but will have a low priority over, say, a bug that affects many players in Frontline. The best way to know how many it affects is to check submitted tickets. With enough tickets claiming the issue, I can make a case for prioritizing this bug over smaller ones. That is why w ask that you write in. Also it's easier to narrow down the issue with more people experiencing it.

And here is the biggest reason that tickets matter: We can pull your player ID, device type ID, and loads of other information we can't get from the forums. Many bugs do not have a 100% crash reproduction rate, even though we test on many different devices. Having all your information will allow us to look into your account logs and find the issue much, much faster.

We at GREE want to provide the best game experience we can and part of that is proper prioritization of bugs / issues that players care about.

Bambamgunz
03-24-2016, 07:35 PM
President Hightower;1554298']@Edbl79:

I really appreciate your thorough original post, however any issue found in the game receives a priority. Priority is generally rated by severity and exposure. If a single player claims that there is a crash in an LTQ, that bug will be investigated, but will have a low priority over, say, a bug that affects many players in Frontline. The best way to know how many it affects is to check submitted tickets. With enough tickets claiming the issue, I can make a case for prioritizing this bug over smaller ones. That is why w ask that you write in. Also it's easier to narrow down the issue with more people experiencing it.

And here is the biggest reason that tickets matter: We can pull your player ID, device type ID, and loads of other information we can't get from the forums. Many bugs do not have a 100% crash reproduction rate, even though we test on many different devices. Having all your information will allow us to look into your account logs and find the issue much, much faster.

We at GREE want to provide the best game experience we can and part of that is proper prioritization of bugs / issues that players care about.

Posting this and list of what needed to help you to over 200 Faction Leaders and ppl as i can. So get ready the tickets gonna start pouring in..

Edbl79
03-24-2016, 08:21 PM
President Hightower;1554298']@Edbl79:

Hightower, thank you again for responding. I'm not sure if BamBam and I are in the same GM room but I have already seen your reply to me posted outside of this forum so I can only hope that my fellow players greet your message with a sense of optimism and take action to help improve the situation. However I feel it necessary to caveat any potential for player action on this issue by stating what I think is obvious. This forum was once a much more active place. The game was once much more competitive than it is currently. As someone who has played since December 2011 the reason for any decline in forum activity and in-game competition has been a direct result of false promises and continued development defects. Players have been locked out for months, dealt with "ghost" npcs and now constant crashes to name just a few of the problems over the last several years that I believe we have no other choice to be sceptic of any real change being effected. Players whether gold users or free have mostly stuck with this, in my opinion, due to relationships developed by playing the game. It is unique, at least in my mobile gaming experience, in that a significant social community has developed through the use of several mobile chat apps. Line, Kakao, Group Me, Palringo have all served as a means for players to interact on a large scale outside of the game itself both with members of our factions and people across the entire player base. If not for this social structure the game would be likely to have ceased long ago. We are constantly sharing information with each other on the game, helping each other find enjoyment in areas where we are otherwise let down by Gree. The constant flaws are discussed and remarked on on a daily basis and when we see a lack of any real improvement a very real complacency sets in as we have rightfully realized that if not for each other there would be no point in playing. We have submitted the tickets you speak of receiving 5 health packs or 10 refills of energy for our troubles but in the days, weeks and months that follow we see very little resolution. Service for many of us is slow to act and often unhelpful as generic responses have become the norm, replying with false promises of escalation stating that our feedback has been passed on. If any of what they say were the reality you wouldn't be asking us to send tickets now. As I said I can only hope that your words in reply to my post are met with optimism and a shift can occur if action now on the part of the players results in REAL improvement but we've heard it all before so forgive me but I won't be surprised if we are let down again.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply and I hope that all sides will do what it takes to make resolution a reality. I will do my part and submit requests as you have directed for each of the different problems I experience.

One final word, please prepare your service group and ask that they do not reply with any resolution that indicates the issue submitted is the fault of the player for the game version they are running or OS of their device. Doing so will result in any traction gained being halted because the first person to get that kind of response will be sure to share it with the community and likely put an end to any push on our part.

Sheldor Sir
03-25-2016, 12:45 AM
Hightower appreciate response and agree with most of your request for what a player was doing but still trying to reconcile with after the game has ' rasher' a screenshot of my phone screen would be if any use??
mine usually crashes doing LTq you tap 10 times trying to actually hit a target not all the invisable NPcs (btw thanks for getting rid of those that must never be spoken of) then game sits there with spinner an crashes

[PM] President Hightower
03-25-2016, 10:34 AM
Hightower appreciate response and agree with most of your request for what a player was doing but still trying to reconcile with after the game has ' rasher' a screenshot of my phone screen would be if any use??
mine usually crashes doing LTq you tap 10 times trying to actually hit a target not all the invisable NPcs (btw thanks for getting rid of those that must never be spoken of) then game sits there with spinner an crashes

No use. I mentioned that. Submitting a ticket will give us your logs so we can see what exactly happened...or something like "exactly".

Toby_Bear
03-25-2016, 10:36 AM
Just wanna make sure I'm getting this...... Countless threads spelling out major game issues with lags, crashes, massive memory leaks, ghost npcs, and overall stability of the game for months does not exist because not enough priority tickets have been submitted to customer service that we all have confidence in to not only document and pass along what the actual issues are but to actually do something about it? We have the means here to tell an actual Gree "DEV" in Hightower serious and real issues with basic functionality so that he/she can walk over to joe DEV and state " yo, the game is seriously jacked, ya may wanna look at what their saying"!

Your right Hightower, lets band together and send in tickets, sounds efficient!

Can't wait for your next attention battle commanders post, very helpful......if I could actually perform the tasks without my mother....g Game crashing

J-manKometh96
03-25-2016, 11:02 AM
Somebody is frazzled.

Guess GREE wasn't quite the best employment choice.

[PM] President Hightower
03-25-2016, 11:10 AM
Somebody is frazzled.

Guess GREE wasn't quite the best employment choice.

Frazzled? Not sure I understand you. I'm simply saying we appreciate the tickets coming in, as it helps us make a case for the issues YOU care about.

Bambamgunz
03-25-2016, 01:09 PM
President Hightower;1554339']Frazzled? Not sure I understand you. I'm simply saying we appreciate the tickets coming in, as it helps us make a case for the issues YOU care about.

It just you add more events and changes and i know you have a boss to answer to but as unstable as game is it just worse when you add things and even more issues,,I still crash,,i stopped doing ILTQ,Crates cause just don't have time,and i put avg 18 hours on game daily..

Actually i wanna say i have been impressed with what has been fixed in a short time since you stepped up Hightower!
Be patient with us as has been awhile since someone from Gree has actually been availiable since employee cuts!

Agent Orange
03-26-2016, 06:58 AM
It just you add more events and changes and i know you have a boss to answer to but as unstable as game is it just worse when you add things and even more issues,,I still crash,,i stopped doing ILTQ,Crates cause just don't have time,and i put avg 18 hours on game daily..

Actually i wanna say i have been impressed with what has been fixed in a short time since you stepped up Hightower!
Be patient with us as has been awhile since someone from Gree has actually been availiable since employee cuts!

Well said, I really want to see improvements moving forward as well. I guess the big issue that most of us have is the lack of credibility gree has successfully instilled in it's customer base whwther it is the lack of communications to the percieved lack of response to tickets sent in.

I would add that the current approach though commendable is really just a band-aid fix and is not addressing the real underlying issue which is that the app cannot function with all the overhead placed on it! As long as this issue is sidestepped the app will continue to be crash prone and drive away customers.

That last event was pretty decent, sadly needed to be tested a lot more before being released but was actually fun to a degree which is something that has been missing.

But based on what I am finding over multiple players and devices the issues are absolutely rooted in bloat. I notice that once that boss event ended my iPad is ever sp slightly less crash prone and more so with newer more basic accounts so again I feel that crashes are tied to age/size of a players account. In other words the more data eg buildings/units/boosts a player has the more unstable the app becomes.

Another interesting issue is the serious increase in bandwidth usage and increased battery consumption. Now this issue feels like it is tied to a resolution of the session timeouts we were seeing lately which seem to have improved. I don't get that error when switching linked accounts but that went away when battery usage increased. My guess, this is the work around to timeouts vs airplane mode exploiters. Ok I can get that but I find I have to keep my phone teathered to a USB plug when playing as I only get about 1.5 to 2 hours of run time otherwise. It was no where near this bad a year ago. This is also born out at night, I can't leave the app running as it constantly is sending alerts and forget about turning on sounds which are beyond annoying because they would run all night.

More then anything else, product testing before release is an epic failure. You can't expect your customers to be the beta testers or in our case suckers.....

This app has always shown great promise but until gree tackles the core issues it will continue to be the app that could have been. If the issue is corporate culture which I have seen/delt with in the past and it goes up into higher management which I suspect is where the real issues are then you guys are right and truly screwed and I feel sorry for the guys down in the trenches that get crap from both sides. But until the greeniuse(s) that think this is acceptable in the company are marched out the door you guys are doomed.

WBS
03-26-2016, 04:30 PM
Well said brothers in modern war. I only play this game because of faction friends I have played with since beginning of faction play. I don't believe Gree cares about its customer base or quality that has been quite obvious for a long time. Gree puts out non tested events to push gold but I don't know if Gree is actually smart enough to figure out that if they had a quality game more would spend. Now the biggest spenders are the most addicted players at the top instead of a bigger pool of gamers that have altogether stopped because of how the game has turned.

Hightower, many of us inuding myself appreciate your communication, I personally don't trust anything will change for the better. My game is actually getting worse. I truly hope the game changes. I won't hold on much longer.

Sheldor Sir
03-27-2016, 12:08 AM
President Hightower;1554335']No use. I mentioned that. Submitting a ticket will give us your logs so we can see what exactly happened...or something like "exactly".

well submitting tickets as requested now had reply from CS complaining that I'm submitting multiple tickets for same issue, which cause a delay as so many!

Gree obviously have the lights on but there ain't nobody home, that's me done think will play angry birds again from start

Bambamgunz
03-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Removing Alpha units purchases and last MW update didn't help,,Just crash,crash,crash,crash and now updating store and crashing not fixed.:mad::mad::mad:

drkillmw
03-28-2016, 12:23 PM
If we are in fact your Alpha testers, who is your end product intended for and why are we paying and not getting paid?

HGF69
03-29-2016, 04:55 AM
President Hightower;1554339']Frazzled? Not sure I understand you. I'm simply saying we appreciate the tickets coming in, as it helps us make a case for the issues YOU care about.

Hightower, why do you continue to ask us to submit tickets when the Devs can look at this forum for where the crashes are occurring?

WD was completely unplayable, 3 hits and I was getting booted. Triple strikes taking over 2 minutes to hit on an iphone 6s plus, the hardcore event ruined by lag and boots.

I had heard someone say their game speeded up after they recycled units.

Why don't you give us the ability to recycle all non bonus units not in our army anyway?

Surely the amount of data per player held on your servers must be huge. I'm guilty of having 26,000 units in my army I will never be able to use so doesn't it make sense to have a server clearout???

Jg48
03-29-2016, 05:51 AM
They don't care about iOS. I have noticed that android you get less Xp from hitting npc's. It's working as intended. Or here is another good one cs keeps giving me is you are not on the current data please update thank you for playing

Agent Orange
03-29-2016, 05:55 AM
Hightower, why do you continue to ask us to submit tickets when the Devs can look at this forum for where the crashes are occurring?

WD was completely unplayable, 3 hits and I was getting booted. Triple strikes taking over 2 minutes to hit on an iphone 6s plus, the hardcore event ruined by lag and boots.

I had heard someone say their game speeded up after they recycled units.

Why don't you give us the ability to recycle all non bonus units not in our army anyway?

Surely the amount of data per player held on your servers must be huge. I'm guilty of having 26,000 units in my army I will never be able to use so doesn't it make sense to have a server clearout???

Good points, sounds like your account is as old as mine and I have the same problems.

On the iPad ladt WD it would freeze on hits and therefore was useless for scouting. Had to use the phones which were also lag prone but at least did not freeze.

CAPT MICKY D
03-29-2016, 12:07 PM
Stop the game crashing on ios systems...... Puhleeze its so annoying

rutty
03-30-2016, 01:49 AM
I've got an old mini I resurrected after two years of non-use - plays perfectly well without crashing, but has a pretty empty map and not many units.

Main account has a full map and 10,000s of units, Crashy McCrashface. Please fix.

As has been mentioned above having an option for recycling ALL non-army, non-bonus units might help this a lot. Might. Suspect some of the issue is related to too many buildings

Agent Orange
03-30-2016, 06:11 AM
I can see one issue with a recycle all, that it also nukes all the old units with bonuses attached Even though the Gree claim it won't. Granted I wonder if some are actually coming into play since they would have dropped out of your army due to low stats.

But yes all that stuff going on is more then likely the cause of all our crashing issues on IOS.

At one time many folks were buying hundreds of ornaments and then designing messages on their bases but that was crashing the app big time. I had thought back then there was a limit imposed on this but seems someone has since ignored it and we have the problem again.

Bambamgunz
04-02-2016, 08:02 AM

Any progress on IOS crashes? My 2352nd wind is about Gone!!
My kids cheap 20$ Droid os is awsome compared to my 3 iphone 4s's that crashes just watching FL nodes!!

Sheldor Sir
04-03-2016, 12:22 AM
everytime I try buying units game crashes, an in 1hr played CoC, Boom, empire & Allies for 20 min used 4% battery, played MW for 45min (lost count how many crashes) battery now 56% so MW is using 10% of my 5s battery ever 10 min

anothe nail in the coffin

J-manKometh96
04-03-2016, 04:27 AM
everytime I try buying units game crashes, an in 1hr played CoC, Boom, empire & Allies for 20 min used 4% battery, played MW for 45min (lost count how many crashes) battery now 56% so MW is using 10% of my 5s battery ever 10 min

anothe nail in the coffin

You forgot the over-excessive data usage. 3.6gb in the last two weeks vs. 100mb for CoC (which I play way, way more).

It reminds me of an old Stone Temple Pilots song, "Dead and Bloated".

Agent Orange
04-03-2016, 04:51 AM
Perhaps the most baffling part of all of this is how do expect people to spend when the app keeps crashing them out of the game? The problems are pretty obvious and given how fast scripts were dropped to 'fix' the alpha unit mess one would think that fixing the bloating and crashing would be easy.

Batchief
04-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Perhaps the most baffling part of all of this is how do expect people to spend when the app keeps crashing them out of the game? The problems are pretty obvious and given how fast scripts were dropped to j'fix' the alpha unit mess one would think that fixing the bloating and crashing would be easy.
A unintended, self limiting, spending feature. Even shopping in the store, looking at gold units, the game crashes. Perhaps, if Gree looks at it from that perspective, they would fix it!

WBS
04-03-2016, 08:29 AM
As long as they have their herds of whales spending they won't fix it soon.

Bambamgunz
04-05-2016, 12:28 AM
my ios crashed 18 times just gettin to ILTQ Normal 9/10 only...100 attack's pvp ,No Propaganda,crashed 28 times.

Agent Orange
04-05-2016, 03:46 AM
Latest server push, likely for todays RB continues to crash IOS iPhone 5 & 6.

Bndawgs
04-05-2016, 07:02 AM
Takes me 3-4 tries now on droid to get in

WBS
04-05-2016, 07:57 AM
The game still crashes after new update. Hitting ILTQ targets and crash goes the weasel.

Sheldor Sir
04-05-2016, 10:12 AM
gave up iltq and now box event (most opened this year was 6 playing on timer 16-17hrs a day using cash hit)

WBS
04-05-2016, 10:24 AM
gave up iltq and now box event (most opened this year was 6 playing on timer 16-17hrs a day using cash hit)

I don't use timer and only try a few crates per day. I haven't logged into to just try crates in a long time. Same with ltq, I my go for low level ultimate to get boosts otherwise it's worthless to try and a waste of time.

Bambamgunz
04-05-2016, 07:00 PM
my ios crashed 18 times just gettin to ILTQ Normal 9/10 only...100 attack's pvp ,No Propaganda,crashed 28 times.

IOS just acts like its old slow phone dial-up service that crashes ,So i went and bought this $9.99
moto e Boost mobile phone on droid os and is working awsome but has its own list of issues.
So now i have to resort to having both ios/droid os to continue playing MW.
:cool:

https://i.groupme.com/969x560.png.ece10176bead49bca3528a0aaf07b7b3
https://i.groupme.com/887x452.png.94bb8bc3f2bc49a294cbb791a60f0cc0

Annihilator2
04-06-2016, 01:23 PM
Takes me 3-4 tries now on droid to get in

The same here. And game crashes on iOS.
Last droid server fix is not helpful.

Bob_55
04-07-2016, 05:53 AM
I just do the MW updated and The game still crashing IOS, so you don't know how to resolved it.. You prefered to add new things then fixeing what's not working.. You only care about money not your customers..

Sheldor Sir
04-07-2016, 09:57 AM
if I spend more than 3 mins I game freezes completely have to crash it

Batchief
04-07-2016, 10:49 AM
if I spend more than 3 mins I game freezes completely have to crash it

Yes, same here. It's actually getting worse. I'm on iOS iPad and I can't even post on this thread, unless I get on through the safari browser. Anything through the game crashes within minutes. I don't want to put a ticket in. Someone posted on another thread that a dev removed his game, and he still has not got it back!! Supposedly by accident or misunderstanding???

Batchief
04-07-2016, 10:58 AM
IOS just acts like its old slow phone dial-up service that crashes ,So i went and bought this $9.99
moto e Boost mobile phone on droid os and is working awsome but has its own list of issues.
So now i have to resort to having both ios/droid os to continue playing MW.
:cool:

https://i.groupme.com/969x560.png.ece10176bead49bca3528a0aaf07b7b3
https://i.groupme.com/887x452.png.94bb8bc3f2bc49a294cbb791a60f0cc0

Were you able to link that android phone to your account, or did you start a new game?

Bambamgunz
04-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Were you able to link that android phone to your account, or did you start a new game?

Started new and linked,so now have lvl 2 mini,,haha but have access to my ios linked accounts now.

Gaming For Life
04-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Hit NPCs - game crashes
Deploy during FL - game freezes then crashes
Hit a target during WD - game crashes
Buying units - game crashes
Hit a epic boss - game crashes
Looking at profile - game crashes
Hit 1 - 3 raid bosses - game crashes
Pop ups from levels completed - game freezes then crashes
Hit a hardcore boss - game crashes
Staring at my base doing nothing, not tapping/touching anything, only just waiting to hit the declare button - game crashes

ANYTHING THAT U DO OR DONT DO IN THE GAME - game crashes

The list goes on and on and on and on and on.......... What other more examples do u seriously need?

Eduard
04-13-2016, 12:48 AM
The crash problem is a memory problem. There is too many stuff in the game at the same time.
I checked it out. Modern War takes the most memory of all my games.
It is only on IOS.

But as i see how your programmers work, (every event is a mess) then they dont know how to handle memory issues in the game.
So stop with new all the new stuff such as hardcore Boss. You tried it two times and it failed.
You are making yourself rediculous as president Hightower if your team is presenting 2 times such a mess.
Stop this event no one likes it .
My top 10 team doesn't like it at all.

Bob_55
04-13-2016, 12:42 PM
After doing the updated, Game still crashed.. iOS.. Can you test your updated before releasing it.. Tired to be the tester for you and not pay for it

Edbl79
04-13-2016, 03:44 PM
Hightower are you gonna respond to this or just keep letting us hang??? I'm on game version 6.0.1 now so there have been updates since my original post yet nothing has improved, in fact I think it's worse with 6.0.1. I can barely last 2 minutes in the game. For christs sake address this issue with some sort of comment and get your development team to focus on this instead of new content.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-13-2016, 04:21 PM
Our team of professionally trained, experienced, educated technicians are working day and night to put out the best, gosh darned gaming product in the world.

Please bear with us as a little longer and you'll see something wonderful.

Making gaming great again!!!

[PM] President Hightower
04-13-2016, 04:27 PM
iOS Update 6.0.1 contained a fix to the Recycling System, Limited Items, and Health Refill on Level issue. Other crashes are still being investigated by the engineering team and were not intended to be fixed by 6.0.1. I will ask for information regarding these issues and will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

WBS
04-13-2016, 06:39 PM
The crash problem is a memory problem. There is too many stuff in the game at the same time.
I checked it out. Modern War takes the most memory of all my games.
It is only on IOS.

But as i see how your programmers work, (every event is a mess) then they dont know how to handle memory issues in the game.
So stop with new all the new stuff such as hardcore Boss. You tried it two times and it failed.
You are making yourself rediculous as president Hightower if your team is presenting 2 times such a mess.
Stop this event no one likes it .
My top 10 team doesn't like it at all.

They are not interested in fixing problems, they are only interested in money rolling in. As long as players spend they keep chugging regardless of unplayable this game is becoming.

borochris
04-14-2016, 12:17 AM
This morning , with the catchup popups from the LE building it has taken me 40 minutes and at least 10 reloads to just get past the popups before I could even get into the game. I have been playing this since it started but am now ready to give up. THIS IS UNPLAYABLE!

Killer_Elite
04-14-2016, 07:30 AM
Very difficult to play when beating a boss crashes game, recycling crashes game, collecting money crashes game, looking at another players base crashes game, having game open and doing nothing crashes game and in fact, opening the game leads to it crashing.

This is definitely the worst IOS has ever been.

If you link IOS account to Android, can you play game on both platforms or does it mean that iOS account always has to be done on Android and IOS is redundant?

Bambamgunz
04-14-2016, 09:56 AM
Hit NPCs - game crashes
Deploy during FL - game freezes then crashes
Hit a target during WD - game crashes
Buying units - game crashes
Hit a epic boss - game crashes
Looking at profile - game crashes
Hit 1 - 3 raid bosses - game crashes
Pop ups from levels completed - game freezes then crashes
Hit a hardcore boss - game crashes
Staring at my base doing nothing, not tapping/touching anything, only just waiting to hit the declare button - game crashes

ANYTHING THAT U DO OR DONT DO IN THE GAME - game crashes

The list goes on and on and on and on and on.......... What other more examples do u seriously need?

This is best way to sum up ios crashes i have seen. Even doing nothing just having mw open and crashes is the craziest one!!

[PM] President Hightower
04-14-2016, 09:36 PM
Modern Warriors,

I have finished combing through this thread and will now create tickets for investigation. I will also look through CS tickets to attach to the bugs to support high prioritization. A big thanks to everyone who contributed useful comments. We appreciate that so many players interested in improving the experience playing Modern War.

Shadow Lurker
04-14-2016, 10:23 PM
President Hightower;1556240']Modern Warriors,

I have finished combing through this thread and will now create tickets for investigation. I will also look through CS tickets to attach to the bugs to support high prioritization. A big thanks to everyone who contributed useful comments. We appreciate that so many players interested in improving the experience playing Modern War.

Well, this is good news for IOS but what about Android? I just leveled up, no skill points. . . Log in and play for a few mins, crashed. . . NPCs invisible. . . Recycling still not working properly. . . The list goes on.

WBS
04-15-2016, 03:25 AM
I'm giving Gree 2 weeks to fix the crashing, if they don't I am more than likely going to
Delete the app. It's getting pathetic especially since the bosses have no wait time and after 2 bosses being triggered it crashes. Then all the double strike pop ups doesn't make it better.

Edbl79
04-15-2016, 10:08 AM
President Hightower;1556240']Modern Warriors,

Hightower, thank you for responding and making the effort to do this. In the event it helps I have pasted the response I get from CS when reporting the issue. It always basically the same with the only difference being the events mentioned and the game version. Perhaps your search for tickets can be based on this type of reply because I think we all get the same response.

Thank you for contacting Modern War Support.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing some lag/freezing or crashing while making deploys during the Frontline event, World Domination Event and LTQ event. Our team of engineers is looking into similar reports now and it will be fixed soon. Unfortunately, we are not authorized to offer any compensation for this situation. However, I will pass your feedback directly to our developers for further consideration. Also please note that the current version of the game is 6.0.1 if you are in older version please upgrade to new version of the game, which contains many bug fixes and other improvements.

Please bear with us while we investigate!

Best Regards,
Charles

GSF Wingman GRI
04-15-2016, 11:27 AM
My mini with no double strike and no faction hq does not crash. My main, also ios, crashes after every 4th hit

Agent Orange
04-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Yup the older the account the more crashes and this is because the data set gets huge. Caused by the number of buildings, items in inventory and the inability of the IOS devices to move this much crap around at the same time. Since the engineers have continued to refuse to address this fundamental issue I do not foresee any fix in the near or distant future.

iPads still crash far more often then the iPhones though RB is now locking up on all our iPhones.

Also had another round of Level up pop ups on the iPad which rendered it useless for about 20 minutes.

Asto
04-16-2016, 05:15 AM
same thing for me, i can complete as many actions as i please within 3-4mins but eventually the game just crashes. i could do 20+ button presses or 0 button presses and tha game would crash the same between those 3 or 4 minutes, the game has become impossible to play as a result and is becoming increasingly frustrating, it has become beyond a joke, it is a clear this issue that needs addressing so we should not have to spend time to send tickets in when we know nothing will get done except the usual, automised response we get every time we send in a ticket. gree are evidetly aware of the issue. sort it out. you have no excuse

Agent Orange
04-16-2016, 10:23 AM
Haaa it's worse! IOS slow or frozen on iPhones, crashes and unplayable on iPad!

Android freezes during WD so when scouting you make the hit but obtain no data for your rival. When trying to view your own stats you get a cannot connect to server error.

Thus making WD unplayable on both systems. On the Alienware and MBP BS is about the least frustrating of systems. But basically the game is dead now.

Big John
04-16-2016, 11:07 AM
The game has been dead for ages, surprised you guys are still playing let alone complaining. I came back to try the hardcore boss and the forum is full of this isn't working or that isn't working, game crashing etc. Gambling aware in the UK say if the fun stops stop, maybe you should all heed this advice.

WBS
04-16-2016, 11:21 AM
How are the top teams able to participate? I have given up trying to WD, it's down right stupid.

F@st
04-17-2016, 01:42 AM
any news about a fix ?

that realy hard to play on IOS..
droid work fine but ios keep crashing.. all actions u do u have 2 min in game max.....

Bambamgunz
04-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Well got EB going now i just wanna come to gree HQ and protest not fixing IOS so don't crash. Droid works awsome!! You add so
much to the game it maxes ram and crashes. i can't get past boss 3 and 1/10 ILTQ!!!! 18 crashes in 40 min.Enough time to hit crash and restart.

[PM] President Hightower
04-18-2016, 03:36 PM
Investigation has begun regarding the iOS crashes after gathering as much information as is available to us. I have no estimated time for fixes as of now now. However, the issues of crashing have been given high prioritization. I will update you when I have more information available.

WBS
04-18-2016, 06:16 PM
I hope it's soon Hightower. The issue has been over looked for far to long.

I only log in twice a day now because it crashes so often, I collect money and that's it.

haKKaMeE
04-19-2016, 03:17 AM
Hi All

I faced the same problem too and GREE don't seem to respond to my support request at all. Thanks.

carl9764
04-19-2016, 07:38 AM
become one long boring joke login crash out login crash out login crash out

Agent Orange
04-19-2016, 01:57 PM
President Hightower;1556508']Investigation has begun regarding the iOS crashes after gathering as much information as is available to us. I have no estimated time for fixes as of now now. However, the issues of crashing have been given high prioritization. I will update you when I have more information available.

President Hightower;1556508']Investigation has begun regarding the iOS crashes after gathering as much information as is available to us. I have no estimated time for fixes as of now now. However, the issues of crashing have been given high prioritization. I will update you when I have more information available.

Besides the obvious which is too many elements overwhelming the OS I would also take a long look at your servers. Seems to me that they got throttled back a while ago and that precipitated a slew of freezes and crashes.

My guess is that the app was originally designed to be autonomous with quick short syncs with the server now and then. Seems to be how it worked originally, but once the airplane mode exploit was identified the app seemed to be a lot more needy in terms of server connections. This spiked bandwidth and battery useage and right now it is so bad that if I am lucky I can get a bit over an hour of run time on my phone before it shuts down. This is not acceptable since the phone(s) are not ddicated to just this game.

Then it seened as if server capacity was reduced as folks started to get disenchanted with the reliability and out right misleading elements of the game and quit. Something seemed to improve slightly but that could just be that more people have quit thus reducing server loading which seems the more plausable reason since the server gets highly unstable as WD and FL end and load increases.

These issues should be given highest priority for no other reason then if folks can't play they also can't SPEND!

Killer_Elite
04-20-2016, 09:39 AM
Have no idea on what the reasons are behind crashing on IOS, but whatever investigations you are doing, the game has deteriorated badly since this morning. Every attack now leads to a crash which means constant restarting of game. I have worked in IT for over 30 years and am now involved in testing and whoever authorised the release of this and previous versions of code is nothing more than a charlatan and joker. I presume they wil be a contractor on a short term contract where responsibility is not part of their job description.

Meanwhile on Android, game is faster than it has ever been.

elangomatt
04-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Meanwhile on Android, game is faster than it has ever been.

This is the funniest part. Android used to be the ugly stepchild of MW and now with the exception of the fact you can't see your real attack/defense stats Android is far superior. I used to primarily play on my iPad because bigger screen but the iOS version of MW has gotten so bad that I only use the iPad to find out my stats once a week or so. I bet a $20 burner Android phone from Walmart would probably run MW better at this point than what iOS can do.

Agent Orange
04-21-2016, 02:09 PM
Though some on Android are ok you still need a minimum of a quad core and 1GB of system memory (not to be confused with overall storage) so a cheap droid wallyword special may still not cut it.

I'd just load up on a fast laptop if you got it and not waste money.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-21-2016, 02:12 PM
This is the funniest part. Android used to be the ugly stepchild of MW and now with the exception of the fact you can't see your real attack/defense stats Android is far superior. I used to primarily play on my iPad because bigger screen but the iOS version of MW has gotten so bad that I only use the iPad to find out my stats once a week or so. I bet a $20 burner Android phone from Walmart would probably run MW better at this point than what iOS can do.

I happily am a member of the exiled iOS club too. Android performs way better.

carl9764
04-22-2016, 05:58 AM
For the love of God can you employ some decent developers to fix your game once and for all, sick of hit boss crash out of game hit boss crash out of game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edbl79
04-22-2016, 09:02 PM
Though some on Android are ok you still need a minimum of a quad core and 1GB of system memory (not to be confused with overall storage) so a cheap droid wallyword special may still not cut it.

I'd just load up on a fast laptop if you got it and not waste money.

Actually AO I bought a $30 ZTE burner from best buy and game plays great. I can kill boss after boss. Do consecutive goals in an ltq, deploy in FL and attack more than 2 or 3 times in WD without a crash. It's wifi only so I use it when convenient, say 20-30% of game play but the experience compared to the 70% I use a 5S or 6+ is night and day.

haKKaMeE
04-23-2016, 10:57 PM
Still no fixes from GREE after so long :mad:

Edbl79
04-26-2016, 05:58 AM
Hightower, where does this stand??? This is getting ridiculous

Killer_Elite
04-27-2016, 12:52 AM
There was an IOS update yesterday that claimed it would fix Recycling error and crashing. Recycling does work, but game still crashes about every 3 minutes. Just get it fixed.

Edbl79
04-27-2016, 04:02 AM
There was an IOS update yesterday that claimed it would fix Recycling error and crashing. Recycling does work, but game still crashes about every 3 minutes. Just get it fixed.

That update said nothing about crashing. The description said In this update, we've fixed recycling related stability issues Enjoy!

I wish the message was what what you feel you read but it's not.

Killer_Elite
04-27-2016, 05:53 AM
That update said nothing about crashing. The description said In this update, we've fixed recycling related stability issues Enjoy!

I wish the message was what what you feel you read but it's not. it said recycling stability which, means that as you are recycling, the game should be stable. It is not and crashes afetr selecting the United but before you can recycle them. Either way, it is pathetic that they cannot remedy continual crashing.

Agent Orange
04-27-2016, 05:58 AM
Game still crashes when attempting to recycle units on IOS.

Bob_55
04-27-2016, 06:55 AM
I will give up.. Sicked of that.. They don't know what to do.. I give you -5 star for yours developers and for poor customers sevice.. You better closed your shop if you don't know how to resolved thing.. IOS crashed since last january and we still waited for a fixed.. Chicken will have teeth when I will see a stable without crashed game from Gree.

Agent Orange
04-27-2016, 07:07 AM
Actually AO I bought a $30 ZTE burner from best buy and game plays great. I can kill boss after boss. Do consecutive goals in an ltq, deploy in FL and attack more than 2 or 3 times in WD without a crash. It's wifi only so I use it when convenient, say 20-30% of game play but the experience compared to the 70% I use a 5S or 6+ is night and day.

What are it's memory stats like? Gree likes to screw up the size of droid server pushes so they won't load on some devices.

$30 is cheap, free is better if you can go BS on a laptop you already own though. For testing we brought in a bunch of Asus quad core tablets for about $69 can each but that was a bulk buy and they work ok.

carl9764
04-27-2016, 08:13 AM
I have 9 accounts on one device and when I use me old accounts the game crashes every time I hit a boss but when I switch to new accounts the game runs fine no crashes at all so make what you can of that Hightower

Eduard
04-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Loaded latest update, but crashes are still there.

Playing on IOS.

Every 4 à 5 boss kills game crashes. Buying new units is a disaster, after buying 5 unitsgame crashes.

Even when i do nothing game crashes suddenly.

LTQ impossible to play.

I told you before, MW has a memory problem. Probably your engineers don't know how to handle this.

I play more games and those are more complicated then MW. I never had crashes in that games.

As I see how many is going wrong in MW, it doesn't surprise me that there are so may crashes.

HIGHTOWER, do you like palying if your crashes crashes every 5 minutes. I don't think so.

I made a ticket (my second), but that doesn't help, because they sent it to your incompetent engineers.

Good luck, i think it is getting time to quit this game.

Thief
04-27-2016, 02:30 PM
I will give up.. Sicked of that.. They don't know what to do.. I give you -5 star for yours developers and for poor customers sevice.. You better closed your shop if you don't know how to resolved thing.. IOS crashed since last january and we still waited for a fixed.. Chicken will have teeth when I will see a stable without crashed game from Gree.

Yea its sad. Was still competing in the top 10/25 range since the start of factions stupidly spending $$. Alas though now I cant even participate in events on the regular.

Sierra Hotel
04-27-2016, 03:32 PM
The frequency of iOS game crashes seems to have doubled in the last couple hours (End of EB day 2/start of EB day 3). Usually it was 4 to 5 Boss kills before a crash, now its 1-2 kills before crashing.

HighTower, now that almost everyone has *at least* 100% + double strike, can you fix double strike so it only has to display ONCE? Please? :cool:

WBS
04-28-2016, 03:42 AM
It would be nice if a big Double strike animation didn't show up, it causes lag and gets in the way of performing another tap.

And ease fix the crashing. Many will quit if it isn't fixed soon, I know I will.

DEWIN NUTTIN
04-28-2016, 04:30 AM
It would be nice if a big Double strike animation didn't show up, it causes lag and gets in the way of performing another tap.

And ease fix the crashing. Many will quit if it isn't fixed soon, I know I will.

The easier to delay you, mate.
If you're delayed LONG ENOUGH you just might buy some gold.

CAPT MICKY D
04-28-2016, 06:42 AM
"crash.. Crash.. Crash.. Day after day all gree does is make you pay"

WBS
04-28-2016, 11:24 AM

You won't have to worry me about buying gold, haven't bought any in over a year. Once I seen the game heading downhill I went free. I was oy a light gold spender anyways so Gree didn't lose much.

Paul de Vries
04-30-2016, 02:50 AM

I asked myself already if it was just me or not but after reading several topics it's clear it wasn't.
Only Android works quite well but on IOS the game is still almost unplayable.
No video's for gold and crash after crash after crash.

This is going on for almost 2 years and it's getting worse instead of better after each update.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I get the idea Gree isn't really a big fan of IOS because nothing Gree does is doing the game any good. I think they should take the time and FINALLY FIX the game before asking players to but gold.
How can someone ask for money when the game is unplayable like it is now?
Gree should consider to give IOS players a present for their patience because we're quite running out of patience by now.

Bambamgunz
04-30-2016, 04:23 PM

Got an Update on this Hightower?

Jg48
04-30-2016, 09:56 PM
I got an update. iOS is unplayable

Good luck playing this fubar game

Bambamgunz
05-01-2016, 12:33 PM
I got an update. iOS is unplayable

Good luck playing this fubar game

yea i'm fed up with IOS for modern war,seems no progress last year + and not holding my breath waiting! investing in $30 droids for my accounts but still need ios/droid to use different features of game play.

Jg48
05-01-2016, 06:09 PM
There on vacation now check back in a week he might be back then.

Edbl79
05-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Hightower we really need an update on this. The crashing is impacting every area of gameplay and with FL it's just magnified. A significant number of factions and players use late blitzes at the end of a battle to secure a node and on iOS that late blitz is virtually impossible. If you are full and you can manage to get out 250 deploys with three minutes left on the clock you are lucky. Having iOS drop half their deploys and then exit game and open again to deploy remaining half is an ineffective strategy not to mention completely frustrating. We need this fixed now

smbass77
05-03-2016, 09:18 AM
HIGHTOWER

The IOS crashing makes playing the new Hardcore Boss Event very difficult. Every 2-3 boss kills IOS players get kicked out of the game. By the time we get back on, our DROID opponents are 2 boss kills ahead. I found this out the hard way last event and will not be spending gold on this event for this reason. It is literally IMPOSSIBLE for an IOS player to beat a DROID player.

please fix ASAP.

Edbl79
05-05-2016, 04:07 AM
Hello???????

Jg48
05-05-2016, 04:35 AM
Still on vacation. Good luck playing

sbs2716g
05-05-2016, 08:16 PM
the crashing on IOS seem to more on older accounts.. i have few accounts on the same game center, the two oldest accounts get crashed very frequently, but much less or none on my new mini accounts...

rutty
05-06-2016, 02:25 AM
I think it's a problem that's been baked in from the start and is getting worse with the passage of time. I could be wrong but it seems that the app is loading too much into memory and unceremoniously dies. I think all those palm trees, barrels, buildings and tens of thousands of troops are taking a toll on the size of the user profiles, the expansion of maps too - all the game information that we have collected over the years. No doubt there are a few memory leaks too, just to make it worse.

My feeling is that this is proving hard to fix due to the age of the bug, hence the delay. They need to fix it, or all us old players will just have to quit. If MW won't stay open for more than a few minutes then it is a dead game

WBS
05-06-2016, 03:08 AM
Right on Rutty. I'm deleting small buildings a few at a time. If they don't fix it by time they are gone I'm done.

Jg48
05-06-2016, 05:29 AM
When I used to use iOS for me everyday I would have to delete game because the stored memory keeps growing. I would have to do this multiple times a week. It just got old so don't play much anymore. Thanks gree for saving me money.

Rolinz
05-08-2016, 01:25 PM
Not sure if this helps, but I have noticed that my game crashes more on my iPad Air and rarely crashes on iPhone 6s.

I would play the same account on both devices. They both have the same iOS versions and MW versions.

The only difference is the CPU in the devices. My iPad Air has an A7 CPU while my iPhone 6s has an A9 CPU.

WBS
05-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Not sure if this helps, but I have noticed that my game crashes more on my iPad Air and rarely crashes on iPhone 6s.

I would play the same account on both devices. They both have the same iOS versions and MW versions.

The only difference is the CPU in the devices. My iPad Air has an A7 CPU while my iPhone 6s has an A9 CPU.

I play with iPhone 6 and its crash happy, maybe the S has better cpu?

rutty
05-09-2016, 01:53 AM
iPhone 6s has 2GB RAM, while iPad Air only has 1GB (like most recent Apple phone/tablet products). If it's causing the 6s to crash at all then something is seriously wrong

Agent Orange
05-09-2016, 02:10 AM
iPhone 6s has 2GB RAM, while iPad Air only has 1GB (like most recent Apple phone/tablet products). If it's causing the 6s to crash at all then something is seriously wrong

Well we kind of Dew know that there is something seriously wrong don't we. 6s is less crash prone as you sermise however it still detonates with my oldest accounts due to the amount of data being digested.

It is interesting that the iPads of all flavours are more crash prone then the 6s and I suspect that is due to more graphics data being shoved about.

But either way game goes boom way to frequently on IOS. Latest server push froze app on first download attempt until phone was placed beside access point. Such stellar QC.....

Last night I noticed Droid was really starting to lag as well though it isn't as fragile yet.

rutty
05-09-2016, 02:31 AM
Yes, it's really, really bad. Could be terminal IMHO. The fact that a fix hasn't materialised yet suggests that they don't know how to fix it, or if they do know it's a very large job.

Danny123
05-09-2016, 03:08 AM
I have accounts on a 6+ and an iPad air - both crash regularly.

Agent Orange
05-09-2016, 05:35 AM
The sad part is they know and have known for months. The app blows up because the devices and OS were never designed to shove around the massive amounts of CRAP graphed onto the game. Until they put it on a crash diet it will will continue to be a joke amoung the dev community.

CAPT MICKY D
05-09-2016, 07:33 AM
"crash crash crash day after day if they don't fix it soon nobody will be able to play"

WBS
05-09-2016, 07:10 PM
All the top players must be playing on android? There is no way they could get points on iOS, unless they reload game every 2 minutes.

Jg48
05-09-2016, 08:11 PM
Yes WBS all or most top players have both. It's called dedication.

rutty
05-10-2016, 12:17 AM
The new update seems to have.... fixed the worst of the crashes. Blimey!

WBS
05-10-2016, 03:12 AM
The new update seems to have.... fixed the worst of the crashes. Blimey!

I hope so, mine is updating now so I'll find out soon.

carl9764
05-10-2016, 03:23 AM
Great job on the update no more crashes

Agent Orange
05-10-2016, 05:19 AM
On iPads crashes are a lot more reduced but have had it crash. On iPhones also greatly reduced however they have crashed as well.

levelhead
05-10-2016, 05:39 AM
HB working ok on android not that I'm hitting much to be honest.
Ltq useless..... crashed 6 times... just completed normal. Will only hit ultimate on my mini just not worth the time or effort. someone needs to give instructions to cs as it clearly stats from there canned reply that they have not a got a clue what to do or been given the appropriate information to address the situation.

Batchief
05-13-2016, 05:33 PM
Big improvement on my iPad! 1st frontline battle went without any crashing!! iOS 9.3.1 MW ver 6.1 content ver. mw 20160513 71222 build 1672.7. Actually started working better last night, however, waited to see if it would last 24 hours!