PDA

View Full Version : Recycle feature broke

Stubby1113
03-22-2016, 01:20 PM
Went to recycle units on a couple accounts to buy the new units. Recycled enough to get the 12b and only received around 100m.77277726

J-manKometh96
03-22-2016, 01:37 PM
GREE breaks, GREE fixes, but then GREE breaks even more. Same old story.

sstuutss
03-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Thats been like that from day 1 for me. never tested it on that scale but have always been short changed.

Stubby1113
03-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Seems the most I can get is 10m no matter what I recycle

sstuutss
03-23-2016, 03:46 PM
You can see how much they care.

Rolinz
03-24-2016, 07:09 PM
They want you to submit tickets so they can ignore you at both places, here on the forums and with your Trouble Ticket.

Stubby1113
03-24-2016, 08:29 PM
They want you to submit tickets so they can ignore you at both places, here on the forums and with your Trouble Ticket.

And that is exactly what they are doing

Mandrew13
03-25-2016, 05:36 AM
Same thing happened last night... Decided to recycle- expected to get about 4 billion and only pulled in less than 10 million. Disappointing- to say the least.

Cuombajj
03-25-2016, 05:43 AM
They hotfixed so that new alpha units wouldn't be abused with recycle. Not the most gracious way, displaying one amount and giving other, but still better than everyone running around with infinite cash and valor.

Agent Orange
03-25-2016, 06:19 AM
Ah so this is another 'display issue'.

WBS
03-25-2016, 08:59 AM
They hotfixed so that new alpha units wouldn't be abused with recycle. Not the most gracious way, displaying one amount and giving other, but still better than everyone running around with infinite cash and valor.

Or they could just test their products. They sure don't know how to make a glitch free game but they do know how to screw people over and cover up their wounds with band aids.

[PM] President Hightower
03-25-2016, 10:14 AM
We recently made a change to the formula that calculates the sell-back value of units as people were abusing the new Alpha units found in the store. Currently, the client shows a much different value for the return on recycling than players are receiving. Thisis not a "glitch", but the client must be updated to resolve this issue. This can take up to a few weeks as the submission process takes time.

If you were selling units that were not purchased through the store, we will credit you the soft currency if you write in a ticket. Thanks.

Toby_Bear
03-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Riiiiiiiiiight, because like all working functions within the game, the ticket system tooooooootally works. Don't everyone submit at once. Pfft

sstuutss
03-25-2016, 09:18 PM
President Hightower;1554331']
If you were selling units that were not purchased through the store, we will credit you the soft currency if you write in a ticket. Thanks.
lol

as I said it wasnt working for me before you stuffed it up this time so I think I'll pass thanks all the same

Sierra Hotel
03-26-2016, 09:18 PM
President Hightower;1554331']We recently made a change to the formula that calculates the sell-back value of units as people were abusing the new Alpha units found in the store.

Just admit you made a mistake and had to correct YOUR mistake instead of describing your colossal screw up as being abused, which implies one could have used the screwed up recycle values responsibly.:cool:

WBS
03-27-2016, 05:56 AM
Typical greeted loner of blaming their problem on customers who did what was allowed on the game.

Stubby1113
03-28-2016, 02:15 PM
If you were selling units that were not purchased through the store, we will credit you the soft currency if you write in a ticket. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hightower you might want to have a talk with CS then. Sent in a ticket and they said there was nothing they could do

[PM] President Hightower
03-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Apologies for the delay. We have determined that it will be much easier to just pay everyone out their missing cash via a script. This issue will be resolved later this week, automatically. No need for a ticket.

Rolinz
03-29-2016, 05:23 PM
President Hightower;1554528']Apologies for the delay. We have determined that it will be much easier to just pay everyone out their missing cash via a script. This issue will be resolved later this week, automatically. No need for a ticket.

So you will post here when the script has been run so we can check if we got our missing cash and valor?

Also, why can't you guys run the script now to fix those missing cash and valor so they can buy the new units in the store?

Does that also mean we should stop recycling after the script has been run?

So recycling will stay broken until you guys perform a data push or submit a new client to the App Stores?

[PM] President Hightower
03-29-2016, 05:36 PM
@Rolinz,

Yes I will post here when the script is run.
Yes you should stop recycling until we are able to work on the issue and submit a new client to the app store. Otherwise you will never see the proper amount reflected.

sbs2716g
03-29-2016, 06:35 PM
A simply fix to adjust the recycle value end up mess up the entire recycle feature

Rolinz
03-29-2016, 08:47 PM
President Hightower;1554650']@Rolinz,

Yes you should stop recycling until we are able to work on the issue and submit a new client to the app store. Otherwise you will never see the proper amount reflected.

Thank you PH for the clarification.

Can you also clarify why the new Valor Units are no longer indestructible?

smbass77
03-30-2016, 06:36 AM

This can take up to a few weeks as the submission process takes time---Hightower

So let me get this straight Hightower, we should stop recycling because its not working properly and it may take "up to a few weeks" to fix? Meanwhile, other players have trillions in valor and getting massive stat increases while the rest of wait, and wait, and wait. We will lose out in events, lose out on more boost units, while we wait.

So basically, after several years of playing we have just been screwed and can never make it up compared to those players who already had a ton of valor. Why not wait until everything is fixed before releasing these huge valor units?

I think I'll fix the game by holding down the icon on my ipad and hitting the little "x"

Bob_55
03-30-2016, 06:49 AM
Recycling not working for me, I recycled over 500 cash boats and got nothing.. No cash and no valors.. Gree fixed your game.. And sicked of the crashing game all the time can't play more than 1:30 minutes and the game crashing.. IOS here..

smbass77
03-30-2016, 06:52 AM
IOS here too, it's been bad for sure. I would get booted 5 times during one war this past weekend. Took over a minute for each hit to register. It had me thinking of getting a Droid, but with this latest BS with valor/recycling.....think I'm just deleting this game.

Hupernikomen
03-30-2016, 06:58 AM
They need to make these units for sale by cash or valor. They obviously won't remove the valor gained by selling the alpha. Don't punish those who didn't "abuse" (Hightower's words) the alpha trick because of the fear of retribution as in the past for such actions. Even the playing field again by simply offering these units for cash, and then put them back as indestructible as you obviously should. They don't need to die off if wveryone has access to them.

Then you can add another zero to all future units and we get to chase the next set of zeros.

P.S. Please put commas in stat lines so I don't have to get glasses from the eye strain caused by thrying to figure if the person has trillions of quadrillions.

sw71
03-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Now valour units are indestructible
But valour recycle is capped still.

This must be a bit embarrassing

smbass77
03-30-2016, 12:43 PM
Hightower......any update on this? You said it may be a few weeks, however some players can recycle right now while others have blank screens. Those who can't recylce will lose out on these big units and boosts from events.

Speed ump
03-30-2016, 02:54 PM
I have heard that many do not get either cash or valor. In my case, I cannot recycle at all, I can't start the process then hit the button, it shows the recycle symbol on that item, but then does nothing, later I can go back, u it's still there and same thing no matter how many times I try.

Cannot Connect To Server
03-31-2016, 04:02 AM
No one at all was abusing the recycle feature... anyone who bought and sold those Jets was doing standard customer business trading, just as shoppers and businesses and people do everyday... buy something sell it on auction sites etc what u pay what u sell at set by the store and reseller and what the next customer will pay in the real world.

here in GREE LAND... were brains have near zero use...

Gree set the values for all units that can be bought or won...

when the recycle feature was introduced and the resell value of units was set by Gree over a year ago... customers could byy or win units and sell them to use the cash or valor for whatever they needed it for... or just to sell trash units and try make your base actually load as Gree staff state recycling old or unwanted units shld speed up the loading of the game.

ALL PRICES FOR BUY AND RECYCLE ARE SET BY GREE INC.

THE RECYCLE VALUES WAS DONE SAME TIME AS CREATION IF RECYCLE ABILITY OVER YEAR AGO BY GREE INC.

now if Gree Inc are going to bring out a new cash unit at a super low bargain price which is far lower than its resell value...

then anyone and everyone would be stupid not to obtain a bargain that was given to all by Gree Inc.

A genuine bargain that was set by Gree inc over a year before the bargain unit was placed on sale. sure many ppl may have gone overboard and used the feature exceesivly but thats what ppl do in real life and what businesses etc do everyday.

Gree uses life teachings and human instics and behaviour to get people to believe they was really attacked and robbed in pvp so much so that many thousands of ppl wld swear or leave rude comments to pvp rivals and then use Grees "gold promise of getting bigger stats" feature to buy units and items to try make their bases stronger to fight off these rivals as well as to get revenge on said rivals... many ppl got sucked in to forgetting this is a game...

The buy and recycle feature is just the same as real life when you go shopping anywhere and you want food or clothes or anything and everyone likes a bargain... the resell is what millions of ppl do day in day out for work for earning extra cash or just having a yard sale to raise some cash.

there was no glitch or abuse as Gree created every buy and sell feature and gave customers the ability to play the game and use its features as designed by Gree Inc.

If Gree did not want people to be able to recycle these cash units then instead of robbing every player in the game who has used the recycle feature properly as set out by Gree since it was created by Gree over a year ago.

Gree should have instead simply blocked tbese units from resale the same way they have blocked the selling of the Gold units under special tab.

But as said no brains are needed in Gree land games as Gree make things up and mess up hundreds of things every update and then blame its customers even if they only started playing this week.

This is Gree land.... where even the greatest scientists in the world have no clue why $1,000,000 is $2.74 in Gree currency.

of course Gree dont use simple and Gree dont thk of blocking these units from resale but they sure scrwd up a long term feature of the game and have once again robbed thousand upon thousands of players and then blamed them even if they only started playing this month.

WBS
03-31-2016, 05:35 AM
I respect that Hightower is responding much more here, it is a positive in a world of negatives in Gree land. I think Hightower made a mistake by telling its customers they abused something Gree set forth. Players didn't cheat, swindle, or steal, players dimply hit the recycle button and bought more. Gree allowed it! So if they want to accuse they better look in the mirror.

[PM] President Hightower
03-31-2016, 10:24 AM
You're correct, WBS. I misspoke. This issue is not considered an "exploit" and players are not being accused of cheating or abuse of any kind.

Bndawgs
03-31-2016, 10:31 AM
How hard would it be to change it so that we can just enter the quantity that we want to buy of a particular unit?

I think that would make things a lot easier for the players.

Rolinz
03-31-2016, 11:06 AM

Another clarification needed:

Will the SCRIPT also correct missing valor points?

Does that mean any missing valor we were supposed to get during the broken recycle period, will be rewarded?

You only mentioned missing cash and I am not sure if you also considered missing valor points.

[PM] President Hightower
03-31-2016, 11:20 AM
EDIT: I will update you when the script is going to be run.

smbass77
03-31-2016, 12:31 PM
President Hightower;1554867']EDIT: I will update you when the script is going to be run.

Would also like to know if we will be credited the missing valor. I had no idea about the recycle issues and lost 750m valor....which is huge with these new units.

Customer service only said "they will credit me the game cash I should have received". I ask them again about the valor and have not had a response.

loosing that much valor because of a broken game will put me so far behind other players I may as well stop playing.

Thanks for the response Hightower, nice to see someone communicating. appreciate it

Bob_55
03-31-2016, 12:42 PM
I can't write ticket in my game since the game crashing all the time.. So what would who do for me if I can't write a ticket.. And don't tell me to write a ticket via the forum.. I wrote one a month ago and don't get any answered from anyone of your staff..

Arnaud
03-31-2016, 02:16 PM
I assume script has just run...

Bob_55
03-31-2016, 02:45 PM
What's going on Gree.. I just log in my game and you took all my valors.. I said that I can't recycled the other day and what a surprise.. You take valors that was mine because I can't recycled.. I call it a fraud, you better give me back the valors I got before you take it..

fatbodychris
03-31-2016, 02:48 PM
What's going on Gree.. I just log in my game and you took all my valors.. I said that I can't recycled the other day and what a surprise.. You take valors that was mine because I can't recycled.. I call it a fraud, you better give me back the valors I got before you take it..

How much valor was taken?

truthteller
03-31-2016, 02:48 PM
President Hightower;1554867']EDIT: I will update you when the script is going to be run.

So seems the script has run and taken away ALL valor from players and LOTS of cash too

I personally was sitting on $34T cash and now I only show $23T cash, Hightower, could you please clarify the stolen cash from my account

and in general all that was taken as I am sure all players are having the same issues

[PM] President Hightower
03-31-2016, 02:54 PM
Please see this post: Recycle Issue & Resolution (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?120722-Recycle-Feature-Issue-amp-Resolution)

Shadow Lurker
03-31-2016, 02:54 PM
President Hightower;1554856']You're correct, WBS. I misspoke. This issue is not considered an "exploit" and players are not being accused of cheating or abuse of any kind.

If players were not accused of abuse or cheating of any kind, then why did u take away our money and valor? It is hypocritical to say no wrong doing occurred but we are gonna take it back anyways. If you wanna change the recycling amounts, I understand that but it is bad business to take away items players received legitimately from the game. I am NOT ok with this!!!!

Bob_55
03-31-2016, 02:56 PM
I got 9 billions before and now 183M.. They screw me as well since I can't recycled

fatbodychris
03-31-2016, 03:06 PM
I got 9 billions before and now 183M.. They screw me as well since I can't recycled

9 billion valor on a mini seems pretty high. I could understand if you could recycle units but you said you couldn't. How did it get so high?

Bob_55
03-31-2016, 03:13 PM
My level 302 not mini

Bob_55
03-31-2016, 03:15 PM
Playing in top 25 faction since november 2011.. So

sw71
03-31-2016, 03:20 PM
This is getting worse than embarrassing. They need to fix the recycling feature ASAP.....lot of disgruntled members ever since hardcore boss was released.
Too many errors. This might be 1 too many.

Tuck
03-31-2016, 04:30 PM
How is it that GREE can write a script within 24hrs to limit valor received from recycling (bypassing Apple) but to put it back to the way it was will take weeks & is at the mercy of Apple approval?!?!

sw71
03-31-2016, 04:37 PM
In fact .... Why bother cap the recycle valour if you were already going to fix the issue by removing the valour and cash.
Then why release new units before you removed the valour and cash.
Looks like a lack of strategic planning IMHO

[PM] President Hightower
03-31-2016, 04:38 PM
Recycle Issue & Resolution (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?120722-Recycle-Feature-Issue-amp-Resolution) has been updated.

WBS
03-31-2016, 06:42 PM
9 billion valor on a mini seems pretty high. I could understand if you could recycle units but you said you couldn't. How did it get so high?

A mini can be playing a long time, if you had a huge account that you played with for years and another ou 1-2 years it may be considered a mini.

But the real issue is Gree is blaming players and Hightower was not being honest, Gree is rubbing off on him.

Wedbetter
03-31-2016, 09:35 PM
Gree is "rubbing off" on all of us. Continuously. They've "rubbed off" on us so much we are swimming in it��

AZSnakeman
03-31-2016, 10:33 PM
Go with the floating bubbles Willy... swimming in chocolate, golden eggs, TV & Violet will not do

Plutorules
04-01-2016, 12:40 AM
Recycling still broke @Hightower showing Billions of valor and getting almost nothing

DIABLOPEZ
04-01-2016, 09:18 AM
Lmao, someone is sitting high in a tower watching how Gree birds dont fly straight lol

Agent Orange
04-01-2016, 09:42 AM
I guess this greespired April Fools day joke is no joke though some would consider the serious side of it a joke....

Bob_55
04-01-2016, 11:35 AM
Gee, tired of this.. I wrote that I can't recycled..and they don't coming back with a solution.. I try another time.. I bought 25 high infantery and recycled it.. So gess what.. They take the money for buying them but when recycling.. No money and no valors for what I recycled.. Are you able to fixed your game.. Never get an answered.. I post in every thread concerning this and no come back.. What a great customers service you have.. Don't tell me to wrote a ticket.. I say that I can't since your game kicking me all the time.. Can I have an answered please.. Long time player here and thinking I will quit soon because you can't fixed your game

Bob_55
04-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Can customers get an answered..

Bob_55
04-05-2016, 06:19 AM
Bump.. Need answered.. Will bump this thread till I got it

Rolinz
04-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Any ETA on this?

Has it been submitted to Apple yet or still working on the fix to submit to Apple?

Plutorules
04-06-2016, 10:28 AM
This is not an update. It's a a script gone rouge

Plutorules
04-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Actually @Hightower can we get an update I'm short 100B valor on an acc. Wrote a ticket after first 40B or so. Got a quick response that you would fix it. Stupid me to believe in it. Was baffled over response time so thought you would fix it

levelhead
04-06-2016, 12:28 PM
I thought it was fixed. But that's GREE for you. What happens when there quick to change things. Since the alpha units got changed they fk up the rest of the units. Or someone changed something with the new updated units. Fix the recycle units first before implementing the updated ones. As my faction will just sit out of the upcoming FL and WD. Can tell there's a big problem with it as the silence from here and support. Still waiting for a refund.

Annihilator2
04-06-2016, 01:42 PM
All is working as intended.

The recycling feature is proposed for dropping the old useless units.
The purposes is reached.

What do you want more?

levelhead
04-06-2016, 02:14 PM
All is working as intended.

The recycling feature is proposed for dropping the old useless units.
The purposes is reached.

What do you want more?

I think you got it wrong... The total pay for units is not adding correct to the main cash/valour. For instance after recycling your total units your total amount is 2b cash 1.5b valour after you confirm units only 900mill cash and 7.5mill valour is added to the main pot. Big difference and I can see why ppl are pissed.

WBS
04-06-2016, 03:48 PM
When I last tried recycling no valor or cash was credited to me even though it said a certain amount.

Bob_55
04-06-2016, 07:23 PM
When I last tried recycling no valor or cash was credited to me even though it said a certain amount.

Same here WBS, and we need an answered when it will be fixed..

Pidgeot
04-06-2016, 07:35 PM
If they wanted to cap the cash and valor, they could but make it reasonable. I shouldn't have to recycle 1 million units to get a pay off.

levelhead
04-08-2016, 09:12 PM
OK after 6 days I got a reply to my ticket and all was said that the issue was being looked into. No reimbursement was given or offered :(

[PM] President Hightower
04-08-2016, 10:07 PM
Be advised that the recycling feature should not be attempted until further notice. We will post when the client update is available.

Cuombajj
04-09-2016, 12:10 AM
Heh, everyone is suddenly interested in recycling :) You can get the new units as it stands now, just depends how much do you want them. Are you dedicated enough to tap 20.000 times? I'm almost there ;)

Jg48
04-09-2016, 04:40 AM
You are almost there. What took you so long. Been done for a week.

Jg48
04-09-2016, 04:48 AM
Just got to say this. At one point Hightower you said would be fixed in a few hours. Well that did not happen. You also said propaganda would drop more often. Well that did not happen. And now you say don't recycle at all. So what's really the truth all I see a let down. Have you ever heard of the movie big fat lier. You fit that to a tee.

DIABLOPEZ
04-09-2016, 10:30 AM
Just got to say this. At one point Hightower you said would be fixed in a few hours. Well that did not happen. You also said propaganda would drop more often. Well that did not happen. And now you say don't recycle at all. So what's really the truth all I see a let down. Have you ever heard of the movie big fat lier. You fit that to a tee.

I see higher propaganda droprate, upto 6 pieces at a single hit, dont expect it to fall every 2 hits....
Hightower already said a week ago NOT to recycle......
Dont expect to get way more valor than 100k, they will simply fix that you will actually see that you will get 100k valor per unit. You want those units? Tap for it lmao

My opinion? Keep it up Hightower, you beat your previous moderators x10 in activity & achievements....
Keep it up for the players....

DIABLOPEZ
04-09-2016, 10:34 AM
Yes you should stop recycling until we are able to work on the issue and submit a new client to the app store. Otherwise you will never see the proper amount reflected

Posted by Hightower 29th march 2016