PDA

View Full Version : Hardcore Boss Discussion Thread

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 10:25 AM
Hey All!

We'd like to have a general post where people can ask questions and discuss the event; This way any updates we need to make on the post to clarify are all in one place.

Thanks!

Pidgeot
03-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Glad to see this wasn't an oversight because the units are really nice. I would say get rid of the 60 unit limit because these units can be lost easily. I did one attack and lost 14 of the jets and like 10 of the tanks. This doesn't make sense because the units are supposed to have a low loss rate and my casualty loss percent is -60% so why am I losing so much.

Also, I would have like to have known the Supply Drop acted as Health Packs before I bought one but its whatever, I'll have it when I need it. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out though!

Bndawgs
03-21-2016, 11:00 AM
How is the group of players competing against each other determined?

Hobbs
03-21-2016, 11:01 AM
Does this mean Health Regen not used for epic boss and replaced by supply drops?
Sounds like a gold grab to me,as usual....

Bndawgs
03-21-2016, 12:28 PM
Does this mean Health Regen not used for epic boss and replaced by supply drops?
Sounds like a gold grab to me,as usual....

I think there will still be regen, but the supply crates will speed things up. And the way the format will be set up, you'll most likely need to use tons of supply crates to keep up. So yes, this is their newest gold grab

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 12:48 PM
1) Health Regen does not affect this event. Thought it uses Epic Boss as a foundation, this is treated as a new type of event. It will not replace Epic Boss, however. EB will still be around.
2) You should be losing fewer units by now. Keep in mind they are destroyed when people attack you through PVP as well. These are most useful during the HCB event since they decay at a decent rate.

HGF69
03-21-2016, 01:21 PM
Pidgeot is right, you lose 20 per attack sometimes.

Why do t you know this? Don't you play the game? How do you actually test it?

crazeejay
03-21-2016, 01:34 PM
Has the boss strength been jacked up again so people with low accounts and minis get to a certain point and hit a brick wall?

elangomatt
03-21-2016, 02:41 PM
So now I think we might have confirmation that the casualty rate reduction bonus does nothing. There is no way I should be losing this many units if they have a 2% casualty rate combined with my -76% casualty rate reduction bonus.

truthteller
03-21-2016, 02:43 PM
So now I think we might have confirmation that the casualty rate reduction bonus does nothing. There is no way I should be losing this many units if they have a 2% casualty rate combined with my -76% casualty rate reduction bonus.

This units (as stated by Hightower) are NOT AFFECTED by the casualty bonuses

elangomatt
03-21-2016, 02:57 PM
This units (as stated by Hightower) are NOT AFFECTED by the casualty bonuses

Thanks, I missed that part I guess. Seems a little silly to have a casualty rate reduction bonus and never use it since everything is indestructable now. Now that there is a destructable unit that makes our armies it doesn't use the bonus. That makes absolutely no sense but whatever, this is Gree(d) we're talking about.

Shred
03-21-2016, 03:11 PM
Game is broke.

Shadow Lurker
03-21-2016, 03:15 PM
I just triggered a boss but the pop up screen is blank. It's showing an active boss with 1hr 52 mins left on the clock but I cant hit him because the screen is blank. Please fix ASAP!

crazeejay
03-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Game is broke.

and always will be broke

Shred
03-21-2016, 03:28 PM
and always will be broke

Yeah, buts it's more broke than usual. It started about 25min ago. Weird.

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 03:30 PM
The casualty rate bonus does nothing to the Alpha units. Any other destructible units are affected.

Rob2
03-21-2016, 03:32 PM
Game crashes every time i want to hit the boss. It's triggered but can't hit.

Nickelboom
03-21-2016, 03:36 PM
the game crashes by my on 4 devices with 3 accounts (thl5000, 2x S2 and blue stacks) thx gree

Hobbs
03-21-2016, 03:37 PM
On new boss screen it has an 8 hour window for daily event!!
For euros this event starts at 10-11pm,so basically it runs while most are sleeping??
Why an 8 hour window,it's not an even playing field and doesn't take into account time zones.
Another oversight and unfair event as it is.

Mrs Cash
03-21-2016, 03:42 PM
Don't they test before release? Unbelievably ridiculous.

pelle plutt
03-21-2016, 03:45 PM
this event is truly amazing in its stupidity,
firstly, its super unstable and crashes most times when you open the event screen (Bluestacks cant even get it open)
Secondly: it is not based on any of stats we have spent so much time developing (like health regen, att, cas rate)
Thirdly: its a 8 hour event starting at euro 23:00

Gree, are you seriously trying to pull this???? pls explain how any of you guys thinks this could be a good event?

Blest@iBOB!.mw
03-21-2016, 03:56 PM
On droid... Keeps crashing... Can't play... Great job as usual

amnesia91
03-21-2016, 03:57 PM
a) it doesn't work - it keeps crashing
b) it's for 8 hours so everybody in Europe is at a huge disadvantage because it runs through the night

Words fail me yet again

Thanks Gree

Agent Orange
03-21-2016, 03:58 PM
Crashing repeatedly on iPhone 5 and 6 with plenty of available memory.

One Asus tablets game fails to load, but this may be a server push issue as after 5-6 restarts it finally loaded. Then when boss is triggered app crashes! Boss will not load, as app crashes as soon as you try and bring it up. Ticket sent with subect line, Boss trigger crashes app, Android.

Also if boss health jacks up at L34 this will only be an 8 hour event for many. My weakest player with 900,000 attack already required 3 free hits to kill boss 1 so new players are done right out of the gate.

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 04:11 PM
Hey folks,

Obviously you are noticing there are issues with the new Hardcore Boss event. This issue appears to be on Android devices only. We have engineers investigating now and will update you as soon as it is resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience.

For now, please submit a ticket if you are experiencing issues. If you do, please include the version of Android OS you are currently running. When we resolve the issue there will be compensation for those affected.

Agent Orange
03-21-2016, 04:24 PM
Android 5.0 on both Asus tablets.

Bambamgunz
03-21-2016, 04:56 PM
No it's not just Android, I have 4 Iphone 4s's,ipods not worth trying anymore and Ipad 4 crashes constantly with the dozens of popups.Why hasn't game been made stable across platforms and devices first before you add more that makes it worse!!Crash restart,crash restart,crash restart and just finally got normal ILTQ done on one device!

Mrs Cash
03-21-2016, 04:57 PM
President Hightower;1553954']When we resolve the issue there will be compensation for those affected.

This should be interesting, and probably not in a good way. Grab your popcorn folks...

Gbrown
03-21-2016, 05:00 PM
Don't they test before release? Unbelievably ridiculous.

Really...you've been around since 2014 and you think they test anything????

WBS
03-21-2016, 05:02 PM
I can do event on iOS but the app is crashing much more frequently?

MajikUF
03-21-2016, 05:56 PM
I guess crashing could be the reason I'm the only one scoring in my 5. Game is working fine for me on my android device, hasn't crashed once. I'll load it up on my iOS device so I can see what the crashing looks like. Just updated that os to 9.3, so we'll see.

Edit: So my iOS device is an ipod touch running 9.3. I just logged in, got a boss, and smashed him with no crash.

Greasy
03-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Gameplay is fine for me. 2 years old iOS iphone 6. It crashed way more during last few days FL. Not once on this new EB.

As for the random team challenge, I'm thinking to slow down the boss killing after I secure the no.1 spot. Hopefully I'll get matched with weaker players tomorrow. What do you guys think ??

Shred
03-21-2016, 06:33 PM
I guess crashing could be the reason I'm the only one scoring in my 5. Game is working fine for me on my android device, hasn't crashed once. I'll load it up on my iOS device so I can see what the crashing looks like. Just updated that os to 9.3, so we'll see.

Edit: So my iOS device is an ipod touch running 9.3. I just logged in, got a boss, and smashed him with no crash.
Your awesome

Skoalrulz
03-21-2016, 06:39 PM
On new boss screen it has an 8 hour window for daily event!!
For euros this event starts at 10-11pm,so basically it runs while most are sleeping??
Why an 8 hour window,it's not an even playing field and doesn't take into account time zones.
Another oversight and unfair event as it is.
You do realize that people in other times zones sleep too. It not something you euros do and no one else has too

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Okay update on this before I update the update:

We have a build that should fix many of the issues Android users are experiencing. We've tested it and I've been told it will be live soon. As for compensation, if you were affected (we can tell) then you will receive free items that will help you through the event.

As for those who are concerned about the short first-day of the event, this is something we have already planned to change for the next event. The match-making time should be 2:00 PM PDT - 3:00 PM PDT just as other event change-overs occur.

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 06:56 PM
Okay update on this before I update the update:

We have a build that should fix many of the issues Android users are experiencing. We've tested it and I've been told it will be live soon. As for compensation, if you were affected (we can tell) then you will receive free items that will help you through the event.

As for those who are concerned about the short first-day of the event, this is something we have already planned to change for the next event. The match-making time should be 2:00 PM PDT - 3:00 PM PDT just as other event change-overs occur.

Jg48
03-21-2016, 07:03 PM
The casualty rate sucks. My main is -82% looses more than my mini with -0%. Now that is great gree math.

Pidgeot
03-21-2016, 07:16 PM
The casualty rate sucks. My main is -82% looses more than my mini with -0%. Now that is great gree math.

The Alpha units are unaffected by the casualty boost.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-21-2016, 07:27 PM
Game is broke.

Some might say the game UNDERPERFORMED.
Others say it NEVER functioned properly.

Shred
03-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Some might say the game UNDERPERFORMED.
Others say it NEVER functioned properly.
Nope. It's broke.

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 07:44 PM
Hey Everyone,

I have just been informed by our development team that we have just released a fix version on the Google Play store for the crashing issues. Please make your way there and update to the newest version.

I will be setting up a series of push notifications to hopefully alert the main community. Please spread the word if possible.

Thanks.

Bambamgunz
03-21-2016, 08:09 PM
ok but what about ios???Fast to fix android and ios is left out still!

surfinguy369
03-21-2016, 08:13 PM
No issues on IOS. Update your devices and stop using phones and tablets from 2012!

PITA4PRES
03-21-2016, 08:15 PM
I'm done with this ****ing piece of **** app!!!! I don't have enough room on my tablet to update it because it takes up so much ****ing room. I had to clear the data so I could update another app and just FINALLY got this piece of **** data push to download for me only to have the ****ing games crash every time I try to kill the boss. Since I can't update the ****ing app, I won't be able to a ****ing thing to help my faction. I have three ****ing accounts that all use the same device!!!! I will be expecting my email from you mother ****ers of this forum giving me a warning or banning me for my language use!!!!

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 08:20 PM
ok but what about ios???Fast to fix android and ios is left out still!

Can you please give us your device information? Unfortunately any issues related to the fix for android are not related to iOS as the main issue we saw was andorid specific.

All of the issues that we have majorly received were crashes from Android. If there is a similar issue with iOS, please let us know.

Keep in mind also that the Apple Review Process is much longer than Google's and if there is indeed an issue would take a bit more time to get through.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-21-2016, 08:48 PM
I'm done with this ****ing piece of **** app!!!! I don't have enough room on my tablet to update it because it takes up so much ****ing room. I had to clear the data so I could update another app and just FINALLY got this piece of **** data push to download for me only to have the ****ing games crash every time I try to kill the boss. Since I can't update the ****ing app, I won't be able to a ****ing thing to help my faction. I have three ****ing accounts that all use the same device!!!! I will be expecting my email from you mother ****ers of this forum giving me a warning or banning me for my language use!!!!

Well said, very well said. :cool: ;) :)

Sierra Hotel
03-21-2016, 09:00 PM
The Alpha units are unaffected by the casualty boost.

Alpha units are dropping like flies. I already blew threw 60 of the most expensive Alpha units and only on boss #35. Nice! :cool: Maxed out boost buildings too ;)

edit: the android update fixed the issue on my end. Good thing I have iOS too ;)

Agent Orange
03-21-2016, 09:03 PM
No issues on IOS. Update your devices and stop using phones and tablets from 2012!

Ah what a swell idea, spend several hundred dollars on a new device to try and load a broken game....

Well actually it was breaking on our iPhone 5s and 6s so your solution is not logical....

My best guess is that this is a problem within the server push vs free space on the device or perhaps several pushes needed to to actually fully download a complete update as one of the iPhones started to stabilize after nuking the app and reinstalling then it crashed on loading 6 times before finally coming back up and now seems less crash prone then the other phones I have not done this too.

Bottom line, dev dropped the ball again by not sufficently testing before releasing...

Bambamgunz
03-21-2016, 09:04 PM
President Hightower;1553994']Can you please give us your device information? Unfortunately any issues related to the fix for android are not related to iOS as the main issue we saw was andorid specific.

All of the issues that we have majorly received were crashes from Android. If there is a similar issue with iOS, please let us know.

Keep in mind also that the Apple Review Process is much longer than Google's and if there is indeed an issue would take a bit more time to get through.

This has been a issue since last ios mw update!! iphone 4s,ios 9.3,mw version 5.3 , 2.1 gb availiable space,deleted reinstalled what else ya need?i cant collect loot or clear popups from screen cause spinner stops and mw closes...this is only game that has this issue..
After 5-10 rival attacks mw closes,collect prizes and mw closes,hit targets in ILTQ mw closes,buy units mw closes,build walls mw closes,,.. i restarted my 3 iphone 4s's 50+ altogether since EB started and stopped counting. Every other game my kids got on my devices fine its just MW.

Agent Orange
03-21-2016, 09:10 PM
Android update not found in Playstore but now device that was crashing is working.

Sierra Hotel
03-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Android update not found in Playstore but now device that was crashing is working.

Playstore had it when I looked 15 minutes ago. Downloaded the "Update" and it fixed the crashes related to Epic-Boss-Like Event.

Napgar
03-21-2016, 10:06 PM
I hear a lot of complaining and probably justified but my experience is quite good so far (with iOS on iPhone 6 and iPad Air)
- no crashes
- in the beginning, very high loss rate of alpha planes (up to 12 in one boss fight) but now reduced significantly, last 10 bosses only 12 planes lost in total
- actually like the new game play and find it positive that GREE keeps bringing new features to the game...
- the fact that info about the event is now provided in teh Forum is definitely an improvement and that Hightower started this thread is also recommendable

All-in-all, I can't complain about the game but am I an exception or just lucky??

Sierra Hotel
03-21-2016, 10:19 PM
I reset all Alpha units, 60/60/60. Did 1 (one) (not many but one) boss kill. <drum roll> Alpha units 51/57/57. Please fix this brain damage. It's nice the most expensive unit takes the biggest loss. :cool:

Laurence1
03-21-2016, 10:56 PM
No problems here except the high loss rate with alpha unit but then again what else am I going to spend all my cash on I might actually run out OMG. Nah just kidding

ju100
03-21-2016, 11:21 PM
Hey Hightower! You forgot to lock this thread! (it's what you usually do when you start one)

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-21-2016, 11:29 PM
I reset all Alpha units, 60/60/60. Did 1 (one) (not many but one) boss kill. <drum roll> Alpha units 51/57/57. Please fix this brain damage. It's nice the most expensive unit takes the biggest loss. :cool:

Naw, boss, you're special.

Cuombajj
03-21-2016, 11:52 PM
Wow, nice event. All the glitches and fine-tuning will be done in time, but I really appreciate new ideas in the game. I guess you hired a new game designer, because events are getting more difficult (a.k.a. requiring a brain, instead of just a wallet) and more fun. Nice idea to use cash! Keep them coming! Also Hightower you're doing an awesome job communicating here, I hope you continue to do that. Here is a free helmet of protection for you. (+80% resistance to forum trolls and haters)...

amnesia91
03-22-2016, 12:16 AM
President Hightower;1553984']Okay update on this before I update the update:

I'm the first to criticise Gree, but to be fair to Hightower, they noticed a problem, kept us informed, fixed the problem, let us know and then compensated us (although I've yet to see this bit).

As customer service goes, it's much improved on what it used to be.

Pidgeot
03-22-2016, 12:27 AM
Some constructive criticism. On the chats used to play this game with, people don't like the idea of needed to be first to get the best rewards for 5 days in a row. Can you please reduce the time needed to get the points back to 8 hours. Keeping a lead for 24 whole hours is really ridiculous and extremely unfair to a large amount of players. I would even argue something like 4 hours would be good.

Hobbs
03-22-2016, 12:32 AM
You do realize that people in other times zones sleep too. It not something you euros do and no one else has too

The first stage is 8 hour stage euro 11pm-7am....
So no chance of finishing top in that first stage,to make it fair it would need to be in stages of 24 hours from start!
I do realise other time zones sleep,but you should look at first timer and understand what I'm talking about BEFORE making a comment on it.

Hobbs
03-22-2016, 12:39 AM
Looking more closely at rewards...
We have a 4 day event.... Finish top for a day gets you 10 points... Times 4 days is a possible total of 40 points (4x10) maximum...
Why are there prizes for 41,42,45,50 points???
Am I missing something?

Cuombajj
03-22-2016, 12:48 AM
Looking more closely at rewards...
We have a 4 day event.... Finish top for a day gets you 10 points... Times 4 days is a possible total of 40 points (4x10) maximum...
Why are there prizes for 41,42,45,50 points???
Am I missing something?
First and last events are not 24h. My guess it will go like this : 8h, 24h, 24h, 24h, 16h

Hobbs
03-22-2016, 01:05 AM
First and last events are not 24h. My guess it will go like this : 8h, 24h, 24h, 24h, 16h
Thanks....
Already 50 points is out of reach for some time zones including mine as first 8 hr one runs when some are sleeping.

rutty
03-22-2016, 02:10 AM
I'm in the UK and did manage to top my group in the first match-up, but only because nobody else joined in. I hit two bosses.

I think this is a really nice variation. It's a shame about the initial bugs, but glad that something new has come out.

I'm on iOS9.3 with an iPhone 6 and have had multiple game crashes, but this is a general instability with the game. It crashes during Frontline (while deploying troops - cannot drop 250 without this occurring) and during PvP (after 6 or 7 hits of an opponent). Crashed once during boss so far.

Also, can't help but restate that the 2PM PST start time for events continues to be utterly rubbish for anyone not in the States. Please consider starting earlier - two hours would be decent enough

Ta

ju100
03-22-2016, 03:06 AM
Could we buy more than 60 of this freaking planes?
Having to buy 1-5 each time is long and frustrating

Cuombajj
03-22-2016, 03:28 AM
Could we buy more than 60 of this freaking planes?
Having to buy 1-5 each time is long and frustrating

You don't have to buy them each time, unless you can't oneshot boss anymore.

Agent Orange
03-22-2016, 04:13 AM
A fatal flaw I an seeing in day two is that for new players this event will be over in 4-5 boss kills. They won't have the IPH to buy any extra units so they are dead in the water for the remaing number of days since boss level does not reset.

I don't think dev really thought this through very well again! Yeah go figure..... I'm guessing when my main guy hits boss 34 which will be in the next hour it's dead as well since it looks like they did not change that portion of the event. Buying disposable units is pointless to a degree unless these units allow you to exceed the 3,000 unit limit. Sorry nobody has mentioned this one way or another but if they don't stack beyond the 3,000 this is unbelievably stupid.

In terms of grouping players, not sure what the formula is but my L8-10's appear to be grouped with L 100+ so they don't stand a hope in hell of advancing further, er well I guess that is rather irrelevent if they can't kill anything I suppose.

Yes seems like an interesting twist, sadly poorly executed and thought out though.

HGF69
03-22-2016, 04:24 AM
You don't have to buy them each time, unless you can't oneshot boss anymore.

You are correct, however you will score less points as your alpha units diminish so if you want decent points you have to keep replenishing

HGF69
03-22-2016, 04:26 AM
A fatal flaw I an seeing in day two is that for new players this event will be over in 4-5 boss kills. They won't have the IPH to buy any extra units so they are dead in the water for the remaing number of days since boss level does not reset.

You haven't realised the resale value of 1 plane yet have you? If you can afford one you can afford infinite planes.

Agent Orange
03-22-2016, 04:27 AM
Ok found this so does this mean if you have the max 500 allies then it's 500 * 6 = 3,000 * 60 = 180,000 of these new units or did I read other posts correctly here that max is 60?

Sorry can't test this as I stopped resetting and collecting cash building a couple of years ago.

"Squad limit may vary between events but can be calculated as (Allowed Allies * 6).
Example: Allies = 10; Max Squad Units = 60"

Agent Orange
03-22-2016, 04:35 AM
You haven't realised the resale value of 1 plane yet have you? If you can afford one you can afford infinite planes.

Really...............

giz
03-22-2016, 04:56 AM
Whilst I like this new/old innovation that gre have brought in for us is hard-core bosses one thing springs to mind here.
If the first battle cycle was for 8 hours how the hell can you justify making the second one a 24 hour one+ it makes no sense, and yet again it favours the American and southern hemisphere players over the European players who are now at work will maybe get 4 hours of playing time (if lucky) and then be off to bed.
Either keep the battles at 8 hours a time or make all battles 24 hours long

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-22-2016, 05:05 AM

I wondered when some helpful tapper would let the other tappers in on this sweet tidbit.
You win, kind sir!!

WBS
03-22-2016, 05:09 AM
I like the new concept. I have something to
Spend my in game cash on. But the loss rate is too high for small accounts and the lag is still bad. The game also
Crashes more often than normal. I'm iPhone 6.

I just wish Gree actually tested their product before putting them out plus it would be nice to know if Hightower played them. I think if he played them a lot of these issues could be solved much quicker.

ju100
03-22-2016, 05:14 AM
I wondered when some helpful tapper would let the other tappers in on this sweet tidbit.
You win, kind sir!!

I did in the other thread, please give me credit:rolleyes:

Cuombajj
03-22-2016, 05:19 AM

Oh man... here goes my cash advantage. How can Gree let this slip past again. Doesn't learn from the history. Better spend your valor since it will be gone again...

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-22-2016, 05:28 AM

That you did too, my friend.
Wanna see how quick SUMPIN GITS FIXED???? ROTFLMAO

Cuombajj
03-22-2016, 05:33 AM

I see what you did there... Like a boss :) credit given

HGF69
03-22-2016, 05:40 AM
And so it came to pass that cash and valour became worthless Gree 6:13

Mrs Cash
03-22-2016, 05:49 AM
Please, do tell what version is the latest and greatest. My device is forbidden to play nice nice with Google Play (without rooting) and the site where I normally get my updates from, 1Mobile, doesn't have an update available, yet. Maybe I can find the apk elsewhere...

Edit:
Saw its 5.3.2, but cannot find it, yet

Bndawgs
03-22-2016, 05:59 AM
I'd like to suggest that the faction portion run alongside the daily indy part as well. As it stands, you basically can only choose to do one or the other.

Cuombajj
03-22-2016, 06:15 AM
I'd like to suggest that the faction portion run alongside the daily indy part as well. As it stands, you basically can only choose to do one or the other.

That's the whole beauty of it. How will you manage your kills? Choose wisely for those who do will come out victorious...

Shred
03-22-2016, 06:45 AM
Compensation?

ju100
03-22-2016, 06:47 AM
That's the whole beauty of it. How will you manage your kills? Choose wisely for those who do will come out victorious...

Nah, it's mini breeding time. Easy cash, easy stats. Minis for faction goals.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-22-2016, 06:49 AM
Please, do tell what version is the latest and greatest. My device is forbidden to play nice nice with Google Play (without rooting) and the site where I normally get my updates from, 1Mobile, doesn't have an update available, yet. Maybe I can find the apk elsewhere...

Edit:
Saw its 5.3.2, but cannot find it, yet

If you have the useful app SEND ANYWHERE, someone with the MW app can send you the API or iOS version, you accept it, install it, and you're back in BITNESS.

Bndawgs
03-22-2016, 06:50 AM
Nah, it's mini breeding time. Easy cash, easy stats. Minis for faction goals.

Is there an easy way to create new minis on your current device or do I need to fire up the bot machine?

ju100
03-22-2016, 06:56 AM
Is there an easy way to create new minis on your current device or do I need to fire up the bot machine?

Android : Close App, clear cache (clearing cache will close app though), remove/rename the uuid file in the funzio folder (probably at the root of your emulated storage), and you've made a mini. Sync to google play to link back to your main.
Apple : almost the same but need jailbreak, and it's been a long time I haven't use an iOS

[EDIT:] For android : you can also create a guest account if your device allows it. You'll have to clear the cache of the google game accounts (name?) to get it sync though.

davecity
03-22-2016, 07:04 AM
For Apple, use CacheClearer under rpetrich repo. As ju100 stated, yeah, you need to jailbreak.

Tuck
03-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Here's an idea
PLEASE make the Alpha units available in the Hard Core screen!!!
Like Frontline, OR, when you click on "Your Squad" you can tap on the unit & buy from there!

The whole process to buy units is incredibly long & trying on iOS with the 2-5 seconds lag on some of the button pushes...
The purchasing being the worst! Especially if you need 4 units! Add a x2! Lol

Here's the steps;

1- Clipboard
2- Store
3- Units
4- Air
5- Alpha Strike Viper
6- Buy x 1/5/10. This is the the most time consuming as far as lag...
7-Close x top right
8- Units screen (back) top left
9- Store screen x top right
10- Menu x top right
11- Hard Core icon
12- Your Squad button (to check to make sure no units lost during steps 1-11)��
13- Boss & Today's Match
Dang! I forgot to trigger a boss!!!��
14- Perform an action to trigger a boss. (Your GUARANTEED to have lost units in that "action "
15- Repeat steps 1-13
16- Force Attack
17- Collect reward
18- Rinse & repeat

Cuombajj
03-22-2016, 08:10 AM
You still need 2.4mil to "fire up" your mini right?

ju100
03-22-2016, 09:19 AM
Yep, that could be a limitation.

Greasy
03-22-2016, 10:46 AM
I hear a lot of complaining and probably justified but my experience is quite good so far (with iOS on iPhone 6 and iPad Air)
- no crashes
- in the beginning, very high loss rate of alpha planes (up to 12 in one boss fight) but now reduced significantly, last 10 bosses only 12 planes lost in total
- actually like the new game play and find it positive that GREE keeps bringing new features to the game...
- the fact that info about the event is now provided in teh Forum is definitely an improvement and that Hightower started this thread is also recommendable

All-in-all, I can't complain about the game but am I an exception or just lucky??

+1

Very positive event overall. Thanks for rolling out new concept.
For those haters out there, I'm gonna say for the complexity of this event, and being the very first debut, Gree has done an honorable job overall. Thanks.

Mrs Cash
03-22-2016, 10:54 AM
Gree has done an honorable job overall. Thanks.

No, not really...

Agent Orange
03-22-2016, 11:10 AM
Alpha units do get consumed even on single hit kills.

Okidor
03-22-2016, 11:38 AM
+1

Very positive event overall. Thanks for rolling out new concept.
For those haters out there, I'm gonna say for the complexity of this event, and being the very first debut, Gree has done an honorable job overall. Thanks.

4 years to play at mw and my healt regen and my stats are useless!!!Are you serious, i m not a hatter Just a Player

Hupernikomen
03-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Why all the crying? A new event that rewards current activity not past spending. A nice compliment to WD which requires stats and gold, and FA which require cash and gold; whereas this one just requires time and gold. (Cash is a nonissue here until...)

Cuombajj
03-23-2016, 01:05 AM
So what is the pattern for scoring in this event? Looks like it is capped at 4.9mil per boss kill, and going down if you don't have 60 of all alpha units stocked? Anyone high in boss levels seeing different pattern?

Danny123
03-23-2016, 05:16 AM
If the game was reasonably quick and smooth to run, the event would be fine. But because of all the DS that take forever, and the massive lags filling up with planes every time - The event is a drag

WBS
03-23-2016, 05:19 AM
I like the event but hate the constant crashing and lag. I guess if that makes a hater so be it.

Greeny1
03-23-2016, 05:19 AM
Haven't been on here for a while, but the game is now unplayable for me on iOS (have a range of devices including iPhone 6 and iPad Air)
It crashes all the time, so much so that it's not worth the time and effort to open and take part. Tie that in with a new event which finishes everyday at 6am when asleep and takes an age to kill one boss with all the lag, crashing and purchasing of new units. Oh, and then the fact that every action takes 2-5 seconds and WD takes up to a minute to register a hit (this has actually saved many from spending more gold -cheers gree). And the constant crashing in FL. No longer a game of skill, more like whoever has the most patience to wait for more god awful defence mods (which we all need, obviously have defence only 5 times my attack is just not good enough!)
From being in the gold bonus program to being a free player made easy by gree. Won't be too long before I'm done. Have given up on all but faction events until the ongoing issues have been addressed. And not sure how they get it so wrong when Crime City runs fine.....

fatbodychris
03-23-2016, 06:04 AM
To make a mini on iOS, you can just reboot your whole phone. When you re-download MW, you will have a brand new account (mini) started.

Agent Orange
03-23-2016, 06:44 AM
To make a mini on iOS, you can just reboot your whole phone. When you re-download MW, you will have a brand new account (mini) started.

Not great if you wind up nuking everything. Now if you have a Mac or PC of decent speed there is a much less invasive solution.

The downside is that it becomes addictive like eating potatoe chips, how I think I wound up with 62 Players and 5 factions.....

Hobbs
03-23-2016, 07:21 AM
Hightower,
I would like to know if GREE plans on making more points available to those who missed the first 8 hour stage due to Timezone issues?
As it stands the event is over before it has begun for timezones that were sleeping for most if not all of the first 8 hour stage,this includes UK/EURO and probably more besides!
You could maybe introduce a few 8 hour stages instead of 23 hour ones,that way any Timezone will get a chance to do 2 stages in a day.
It's already over for so many who cannot get 50 points now,seems a shame for a new event to be ruined before it's got a chance.
Other options like double points for a stage of two,or reduce required points needed for top prizes from 40-50 to 30-40.
Plenty of option are available to level the playing field,as it stands it's simply unfair how this event has been timed.

Pidgeot
03-23-2016, 10:02 AM
Hightower,
I would like to know if GREE plans on making more points available to those who missed the first 8 hour stage due to Timezone issues?
As it stands the event is over before it has begun for timezones that were sleeping for most if not all of the first 8 hour stage,this includes UK/EURO and probably more besides!
You could maybe introduce a few 8 hour stages instead of 23 hour ones,that way any Timezone will get a chance to do 2 stages in a day.
It's already over for so many who cannot get 50 points now,seems a shame for a new event to be ruined before it's got a chance.
Other options like double points for a stage of two,or reduce required points needed for top prizes from 40-50 to 30-40.
Plenty of option are available to level the playing field,as it stands it's simply unfair how this event has been timed.

I agree. There is no way to realistically get them to the point to where its not worth trying.

Bndawgs
03-23-2016, 10:07 AM
I'd like some extra points as well please since the daily battle ends while I am asleep. Thanks

Pidgeot
03-23-2016, 10:27 AM
There should be more daily points. No game I've ever played ever asked you to have the absolute max for the best rewards without some kind of leeway. If 50 is needed for best reward, then 100 points should be available. What happens if someone draws a person from Ghost or PR1? The whole event is over for that person. This is bad design.

fatbodychris
03-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Not great if you wind up nuking everything. Now if you have a Mac or PC of decent speed there is a much less invasive solution.

The downside is that it becomes addictive like eating potatoe chips, how I think I wound up with 62 Players and 5 factions.....

I never nuked everything before making minis. I actually had an issue with my phone when I first got it and had to factory reset it a few times. The only problem I have no is too many minis that I don't even use

truthteller
03-23-2016, 01:03 PM
Hightower

Are we gona eventually be offered as prizes Regen bonus for this new EB?? it sucks right now the 100 minutes to regen,

All players with REGEN bonus feel "cheated"

Bndawgs
03-23-2016, 01:43 PM
There should be more daily points. No game I've ever played ever asked you to have the absolute max for the best rewards without some kind of leeway. If 50 is needed for best reward, then 100 points should be available. What happens if someone draws a person from Ghost or PR1? The whole event is over for that person. This is bad design.

You will have to spend more gold than them. Just as gree has planned it. I can't wait to see how much gold people will be spending on day 5

Bndawgs
03-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Hightower

Are we gona eventually be offered as prizes Regen bonus for this new EB?? it sucks right now the 100 minutes to regen,

I believe that this event isn't going to replace epic boss just yet. Epic boss will still be around

truthteller
03-23-2016, 02:42 PM
I believe that this event isn't going to replace epic boss just yet. Epic boss will still be around

probably, and that is why we will need a new health regen bonus towards the Hardcore bosses, as our current health regen that works for WD and Original EB, does not work here

Greeny1
03-23-2016, 04:58 PM
You will have to spend more gold than them. Just as gree has planned it. I can't wait to see how much gold people will be spending on day 5

Not that much as most people will now be unable to get the top mods so will settle for what they have, maybe a couple of big spenders who get matched will fight it out, but most will just go outside and enjoy the break......

J-manKometh96
03-24-2016, 12:02 AM
Oh boo hoo. If you draw a top player, you don't take first. Suck it up buttercup, not everyone is a winner. Even then, you still have 3 other players to compete against.

J-manKometh96
03-24-2016, 12:04 AM
Hightower

I hope they don't. Look at the mess health regen created for those who didn't get any. Like FL, it at least slightly levels the field.

Eduard
03-24-2016, 02:44 AM
Event is terrible, don't like it at all.
Stop with it. My Ipad has slow down very much and now i have every time crashes after 5 or 6 movements in the game.
Even if you do nothing the game can quit.
I don't see the fun in this event.
And believe me, this is not the end. Now you can buy the Alpha units for money. Next time you must buy them for gold.
Just Gree strategey. Never listen to players, only looking to make more money.

Keep this in your mind, before you say this is a nice element, because it is not.

Pidgeot
03-24-2016, 04:10 AM
Oh boo hoo. If you draw a top player, you don't take first. Suck it up buttercup, not everyone is a winner. Even then, you still have 3 other players to compete against.

The toilet is over there. That's where **** goes.

J-manKometh96
03-24-2016, 01:46 PM
The toilet is over there. That's where **** goes.

If you know where it goes, why are you still here?

Zepson
03-24-2016, 02:05 PM
You ain't seen nothing yet with this company. First they make you spend spend spend for health regen bonuses and then they come up with this hardcore boss event in which your health regen bonus is useless. In the near future they'll come up with hardcore boss health regen bonuses which will make you spend spend spend again and supply drop refills for gold of course.
It does not matter if the old style EB will still exist, the two boss events will simply alternate with two different health regens.
Then a new style ILTQ in which your energy bonuses will be useless and make you spend spend spend again for the new style bonuses.
Bottom line, this company does not act in the interest of the players, only in the interest of their own pockets.
Say it ain't so !

PITA4PRES
03-24-2016, 02:11 PM
How is the "compensation" provided to those of us affected by issues at the beginning of this event of any benefit to us? 60 Alpha Strike units???? We are only allowed to have 60 of those anyway. If we were already maxed out when added to our inventory, we see no benefit from them as there was probably no provision made for us to be able to go above the max number allowed. If I have to purchase the units lost anyway, it does me no good. As I have the cash to buy them anyway, cash to purchase the equivalent number needed is a waste. Why weren't we given points towards daily goals or gold? The unit we received is nice but doesn't make up enough for not being able to not participate either possibly costing us a better unit with a boost as we may have lost points from daily goals. I get that Gree always ****s over and never compensates properly, but I essentially just got ****ed all over wit their so called compensation not doing me any good. I await my warning for use of language lol

Mandrew13
03-24-2016, 07:37 PM
I'm glad that I didn't just suddenly hit a wall at boss level 34. I am slowly approaching a boss that will beat me unless I use gold- and that is fine. I'll continue the event and grab some decent prize units while I can.

Mahan
03-25-2016, 03:09 AM
I think i like the event, weaker players can get nice prizes fairly easy. Not everyone can become 1st deal with it.
I would like to see a refill button in the boss screen for the big units. And i agree more points should be awarded maybe 60 when 50 is needed for top tier prizes, it never should be too easy to win the best.
1 question remains : do we get all prizes up to the points we earn or just the tier we end up in ?

Rotti
03-25-2016, 04:26 AM
President Hightower;1553994']Can you please give us your device information? Unfortunately any issues related to the fix for android are not related to iOS as the main issue we saw was andorid specific.

So in one swoop you have eliminated most of the work and spend players have done over the last few years to reduce their health Regen and boost their stats by winning/gold buying strong unit. This event is basically a gold grab. Without gold you have no chance.

In terms of iOS, I'm on an iPhone 5s and the game has crashed numerous times while making hits. Nothing really different to what happens in Frontline in the last few minutes. Frontline... That would be the other newish event Gree introduced awhile back to negate all the losses from the accumulated boosts and health Regen of WD that has still not been fixed.

Seems Gree wants us to start the game over again. To use gold to aquire and win new boosts to improve. Classic game theory. Apply the pain and dangle the gold carrot to alleviate the pain. I have no desire to start this game from the beginning again. As we all say on the forum, it's your choice if you choose to spend and choose to play. I choose to stop playing and take my spend elsewhere. Good luck to you all.

Bala82
03-25-2016, 04:26 AM
Just the tier we end up in since it saw rewards at the end of event.

The trick is make other people in your bracket go crazy on bosses so burn out quickly.

What i did was tie with first person in my bracket made that person burn out on day 2 but tie with him the whole day and he went crazy in last 2 hours.

Rotti
03-25-2016, 04:30 AM
You ain't seen nothing yet with this company. First they make you spend spend spend for health regen bonuses and then they come up with this hardcore boss event in which your health regen bonus is useless. In the near future they'll come up with hardcore boss health regen bonuses which will make you spend spend spend again and supply drop refills for gold of course.
It does not matter if the old style EB will still exist, the two boss events will simply alternate with two different health regens.
Then a new style ILTQ in which your energy bonuses will be useless and make you spend spend spend again for the new style bonuses.
Bottom line, this company does not act in the interest of the players, only in the interest of their own pockets.
Say it ain't so !

👆 Nailed it in one!!

smbass77
03-25-2016, 05:33 AM
Hightower, personally I like this new event, adds more excitement to an event that had gotten stale. Kudos to the developers.

One question, at the end of the event do we only get the ONE daily prize we qualify for (say 45 daily points) or do we get all the prizes below that threshold?

Thanks

[PM] President Hightower
03-25-2016, 10:21 AM
Great question! I will update the original post to make that more clear. Here is the answer:

You receive all prices at and below your ranking.

robmurphy
03-25-2016, 11:51 AM
Guys, those who read my posts will know I never normally complain about GREE, I'm always willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But this Hardcore Boss event is dreadful, it simply cannot have been tested. It's not the concept of the event, that's pretty cool, it's the execution.

The endless switching between screens refilling planes after EVERY hit, the endlessly being kicked out of the game when it crashes every 5 minutes. It's like torture.

I've spent hours today trying to put up a decent score, but it's so incredibly laggy (not my connection or devices, I have super fast fibre and latest iOS devices). I give up. That's the end of my gold spending on this particular event.

And I haven't even mentioned the joy I feel at having to wake up at 5.30am each morning to finish the daily events off.

Trolls please feel free to give it the "we told you so......."

Come on GREE, please fully QC events before they go live.

Bambamgunz
03-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Guys, those who read my posts will know I never normally complain about GREE, I'm always willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

But this Hardcore Boss event is dreadful, it simply cannot have been tested. It's not the concept of the event, that's pretty cool, it's the execution.

The endless switching between screens refilling planes after EVERY hit, the endlessly being kicked out of the game when it crashes every 5 minutes. It's like torture.

I've spent hours today trying to put up a decent score, but it's so incredibly laggy (not my connection or devices, I have super fast fibre and latest iOS devices). I give up. That's the end of my gold spending on this particular event.

And I haven't even mentioned the joy I feel at having to wake up at 5.30am each morning to finish the daily events off.

Trolls please feel free to give it the "we told you so......."

Come on GREE, please fully QC events before they go live.

Oh i so agree,, the lag resupplying new units and need all at 1,5,10,20 to purchase at a time,,9 singles drives me nutz and takes up to 5 miniutes if crash longer.
i see Spinners in my sleep going on and on and on!! walls build in 1 second now though,spinner goes around once and done.!!love it!!

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-25-2016, 02:48 PM
So in one swoop you have eliminated most of the work and spend players have done over the last few years to reduce their health Regen and boost their stats by winning/gold buying strong unit. This event is basically a gold grab. Without gold you have no chance.

In terms of iOS, I'm on an iPhone 5s and the game has crashed numerous times while making hits. Nothing really different to what happens in Frontline in the last few minutes. Frontline... That would be the other newish event Gree introduced awhile back to negate all the losses from the accumulated boosts and health Regen of WD that has still not been fixed.

Seems Gree wants us to start the game over again. To use gold to aquire and win new boosts to improve. Classic game theory. Apply the pain and dangle the gold carrot to alleviate the pain. I have no desire to start this game from the beginning again. As we all say on the forum, it's your choice if you choose to spend and choose to play. I choose to stop playing and take my spend elsewhere. Good luck to you all.

In all fairness to THEALMIGHTYGREE, they had no other choice.

The game wasn't growing.

In an effort to grow the game, THEALMIGHTYGREE had to stimulate existing players with the appearance of the ability to grow their games, while incentivizing new players to jump into the pool.

As with all change, some are happy, some are unhappy.

WBS
03-26-2016, 04:10 PM
I just waited until my units got down to 40 before I replenished. I didn't care if I got first or not. I got first, 3rd and 4th. That's good enough for me.

WBS
03-26-2016, 04:11 PM
I just waited until my units got down to 40 before I replenished. I didn't care if I got first or not. I got first, 3rd and 4th. That's good enough for me.

Rob- I told you so......... Just kidding ;)

EZfodder
03-28-2016, 01:24 AM
In generel the idea is good. It is fun with the completion with 4 other players, gives an extra twist to it, despite it is hard to understand how you are grouped. It also fine to get rid of the quest where you have to do a certain number without loosing.
However, I find it rather frustrating that attack and regen bonuses have been removed. It has taken forever to build them up and now they are basically only good for WD which last 3 days out of 21 days. So 85% of the time these bonuses are now useless.
Furthermore the timing is as always horrible for EU players. Day one ended after 7 hours at 7.00 giving almost no time to play and understand the event, first 10 points lost for nothing. Maybe the battles should be summarized after 12h or something like that

Agent Orange
03-28-2016, 05:33 AM
Good question, the one thing I was unclear on is whether your grouping changed on each stage of the event. It did for the players I was using. It also appeared to be based on standings/kills in previous stages. In other words If you didn't do anything on the first couple you got grouped with others who didn't. If you did more it tended to try and match you.

Overall I thought it wasn't bad.

Thought the Alpha unit concept was irrelevent. Why in the world did they not just add in consumable units to the normal mix of unit purchases? In fact the store needs an overhaul as units available are no longer relevent due to the insane stat increases from event units.

This to me shows an ongoing lack of long range planning and the mistaken thought that short term spending is more important then establishing a more steady/consistent revenue stream as well as engaging players at all levels of the game.

Plus the constant moving of the goal posts cannot possibly instill any sort of confidence in the customer base thus undermining any hope of keeping long term customers.

The 'display issues' with the alpha units was unfortunate, removing them after being patched was stupid unless it was due to an increase in calculation overhead. Granted I have not seen any further changes in playability since this change and I would guess that some players might have actually used them during this WD which could have actually helped generate revenue.

[PM] President Hightower
03-28-2016, 09:04 AM
The 'display issues' with the alpha units was unfortunate, removing them after being patched was stupid unless it was due to an increase in calculation overhead. Granted I have not seen any further changes in playability since this change and I would guess that some players might have actually used them during this WD which could have actually helped generate revenue.

I'm not sure what you mean by display issue, but players were complaining that all of the tapping required to purchase them was causing lag/crashes/annoyance. As soon as the new store revamp goes live, I'm going to look into adding the Alpha units back with a better purchasing experience (less cash cost, higher bulk quantity, etc).

Pidgeot
03-28-2016, 09:18 AM
I want to know more about the new store. We need things to spend our cash and valor on.

Agent Orange
03-29-2016, 05:05 AM
President Hightower;1554484']I'm not sure what you mean by display issue, but players were complaining that all of the tapping required to purchase them was causing lag/crashes/annoyance. As soon as the new store revamp goes live, I'm going to look into adding the Alpha units back with a better purchasing experience (less cash cost, higher bulk quantity, etc).

I politely call the problem with the reseale value a 'display issue' if you like I can call it what it actually was.

First off as stated I think the addition of the Alpha units underscores the fact that the units typically available for purchase are outdated and need an overhaul as do the valor unit stats which have also been rendered useless. Had dev had a better overall long term game plan this issue would have been identified ages ago instead of these short term stop gap measures to bump up revenues.

As to the issue of crashing and lags. Doing what you propose is highly unlikely to provide any sort of meaningful fix since the real problems are far more deep rooted then buying multiples of alpha units.

The app is so bloated that doing anything including scrolling while on your base can detonate the app. Case in point, the app still lags and freezes without the ability to purchase alpha units so the proposed fix is highly unlikely to solve this issue. Granted if that is what it takes to get dev to fix the real problem which is that players need an adjustment to the quantities of units they wish to purchase ok whatever.

Actually while dev is at it perhaps fix FL and add a deploy all or deploy in batches of multiple units instead of singles which is something that players have asked for for months if not YEARS. All that tapping cannot possibly make the app more stable, must waste substantial bandwidth and server overhead and be just a plain waste of time.

But the real need is to overhaul all the units in the store but also have some sort of actual long term design for all units and buildings.

WBS
03-29-2016, 05:38 AM
Well said AO. The whole game is now lagging, scrolling through your base, hitting NPC, going to a map etc. I think it proves that no one from Gree plays its own game, Gree does not do quality control, and they only revenue push as there are still addicted whales. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they have no long term goals for this game. Yes it has been around a long time, but that one factor can be easily explained by factions. And that is even losing its luster.

Agent Orange
03-29-2016, 08:48 AM
Well said AO. The whole game is now lagging, scrolling through your base, hitting NPC, going to a map etc. I think it proves that no one from Gree plays its own game, Gree does not do quality control, and they only revenue push as there are still addicted whales. I think you hit the nail on the head when you said they have no long term goals for this game. Yes it has been around a long time, but that one factor can be easily explained by factions. And that is even losing its luster.

Would agree completely, factions are the main reason that folks still play. Also seems that those that quit do so in coordination with their faction mates and move to better less bug infested games. I fully understand this as faction play was the best feature of this game.

Sadly it has been greatly undermind by lack of insight by the game designers.

In the smaller factions in WD the trend is to have one monster D/L supplimented by a number of weak new players. Also seems as if nobody is actually online to play so they are just milking points. Participation seems to continue to disappear. I would guess in the top ranks you would need everyone online so this might not be as obvious but to me this is a good indication of how few players are left. WD used to be the flagship event and the top earner now?

FL in the lower rankings seems to have even less participation with maybe one or two high IPH or spenders towing along a bunch of non participants. I think that was where the matching system on Huge Boss worked as it seemed to be more logically based. But FL to me has always been a non starter since all the work is done in the last couple of minutes of the battle requiring no strategy just a fast device or better still a way to deploy multiples instantly. I suspect if gree want to see the spending light glow bright white adding a deploy all function would create bedlam in the final minute of a battle and increase revenues as well. Plus if the server wasn't overloaded by tapping it might actually be more stable and also actually count all hits made before the timer runs out. As it sits now it seems any hits in the last 10 seconds are lost and not counted in the battle but used up. Granted they cleverly designed things so we have no idea how the battle actually played out in terms of deploys because the map screen disappears and is replac d by final stats thus hiding what really happened.

If you want to make WD relevent again I would add keep the big MONTHLY weekend battle but also make those points cumulative in a big yearly or quartly goal with big prizes. If you do 24 hour WDs then have those count as well.

Same could even be done with FL so in otherwords have a Masters ranking as well as monthly.

Overhaul the units in the store!

Overhaul faction bonuses, bet most factions are maxed so bump to at least 10 or better still 20.

Same could be done with all the boost buildings. But with the thought that these are goals that might not nessessarily be achieved by a massive gold hit and finished instantly. Well you could as always go for that short term but that would be stupid IMHO but for thos heavily addicted I suppose it could feed the addiction some more.

Also defense buildings which have been completely worthless for many years!

Fix the Infirmary, I tested it pretty thoroughly when it first came out and discovered it was useless! In fact it seemed to actually increase your losses as you levelled it up. Now most of us leave it dead on our bases but with the hope that one day it will be useful again. Granted most of us are indestructible.... Now that you have Alpha units that are expendable have it come into play for heavens sakes! Same goes for the Casualty Rate faction bonus which also appears to be worthless.

Most of these are simple adjustments that shouldn't have the nasty effect that cludging on more events seem to introduce...

Also increase the number of game levels, currently we are capped at I think 350 since you guys get around to this once every few years bump it out to 1,000.

Map missions seem to be irrelevent might as well nuke them along with all the unneeded NPCs and targets.

On Android fix the targeting for god sakes, it's embarrassing to see how poorly it is executed. I tap on a target and kill something several squares away. WTF is that, other than crappy programming or intentional which could be either since all the crazy moving targets swarm the real target and make doing those mission irratating not fun. As a result I bet I am not the only one that ignores them.

Shadow Lurker
03-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Just adding my 2 cents to the other pennies...

First of all, I applaud Gree for adding a new element to the game . . . However, what I didn't like...

1) This event seemed pretty lazy since it wasn't as much a "new" event as it was just an Epic Boss redo (which already is my least favorite event).
2)Time frame sux for those not in US
3) Constant buying AND losing AND checking units was completely frustrating
4) The way the points for the daily leaderboard are calculated makes one almost "give up" if they don't get the 1st place 10pts everyday.
5) I practically had to have my phone glued to my hand the first couple of days to keep checking the leaderboard. To the point that the last couple days I barely picked up my phone due to game fatigue.

In short, did NOT enjoy this event. In fact, it almost made me wanna quit MW all together.

Hobbs
03-29-2016, 10:21 AM
Just adding my 2 cents to the other pennies...

First of all, I applaud Gree for adding a new element to the game . . . However, what I didn't like...

1) This event seemed pretty lazy since it wasn't as much a "new" event as it was just an Epic Boss redo (which already is my least favorite event).
2)Time frame sux for those not in US
3) Constant buying AND losing AND checking units was completely frustrating
4) The way the points for the daily leaderboard are calculated makes one almost "give up" if they don't get the 1st place 10pts everyday.
5) I practically had to have my phone glued to my hand the first couple of days to keep checking the leaderboard. To the point that the last couple days I barely picked up my phone due to game fatigue.

In short, did NOT enjoy this event. In fact, it almost made me wanna quit MW all together.

Agree,
If there are future plans for this event it should start/finish as others do(2pm PDT)
Also needs to be some leeway on points to prizes,if top prize is 50 points there should be a possible 70 points minimum available.
Constantly topping units up was time consuming especially with all the lag/crash issues and needs to be addressed.
Also why doesn't Health Regen come into play?
also maybe lower amount of bosses,I'm sure most would agree 150 bosses is way too much and gets both too time consuming and completely Boring as event progresses.

WBS
03-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Agree,
If there are future plans for this event it should start/finish as others do(2pm PDT)
Also needs to be some leeway on points to prizes,if top prize is 50 points there should be a possible 70 points minimum available.
Constantly topping units up was time consuming especially with all the lag/crash issues and needs to be addressed.
Also why doesn't Health Regen come into play?
also maybe lower amount of bosses,I'm sure most would agree 150 bosses is way too much and gets both too time consuming and completely Boring as event progresses.

The event somewhat grabbed interest I didn't have in epic boss but that quickly faded after about 50 bosses. Having to refill the Alpha units and the lag it took to buy them was as annoying as a crabby child.

Hupernikomen
03-29-2016, 01:28 PM
The event could have the same intended format with more excitement if you greatly reduce the time of each battle.

I suggest you have individual launch screens where you declare war and are matched with 4 other players for a random time frame and/or preset time limit. (2 hours is a reasonable time frame imo) This format would not penalize anyone for being asleep when the event starts or ends.

You could limit the number of individual wars to say 10 forvthe whole event.

I would further suggest that 2nd place get 7 points, 3rd 5 points, and 4th two points. It became meaningless to attempt the last couple days because triple strikes were unattainable.

Top prize could be 85 points, and then scale down from there.

AZSnakeman
03-31-2016, 10:16 PM
Thank you, King Hightower for listening to our feedback and responding.
I already see changes in the werx related to many comments and excellent suggestions above. Thank you.
Agent Orange summed it nicely & again &...

Meantime, performance reminds me of rendering 3D on 8-bit Processors back in the '80's and random resets flashback to Edison

P.S. Hightower, Please don't forget to run the fix the "Ultimate Weapon" loot script... Little friends got nada so far for trying

Eduard
04-01-2016, 06:10 AM
I can be short about this new event.

I don't like this event at all, so stop it.
With this event my game is much slower and there are too many crahes.