PDA

View Full Version : Where do my units keep going?

Simon Penny
03-21-2016, 06:33 AM
Hi
I have been buying Alpha Strike Vipers,Alpha Assault Soldiers and Alpha Heavy Armour like crazy but they keep disappearing? Can someone tell me where?
Many thanks
Simon

LUCAS HOOD
03-21-2016, 07:53 AM
You lose them when attacking another player(even when you win the fight!) Lol

Jg48
03-21-2016, 09:32 AM
The loss rate is very high. Good luck

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 10:00 AM
Hey Simon Penny,

The Alpha Strike Vipers are part of an event that is starting today (I was just about to post the write-up). There is "Casualty Rate: Low" mention when you tap on it in the store. Currently this is set to 10% but in a few moment I will have it changed to 2%. We didn't feel 10% was low enough for the amount of cash it costs. We apologize for the inconvenience of losing them at a higher rate, but should be fixed very soon. Thanks.

Pidgeot
03-21-2016, 10:43 AM
When did this happen? I'm still losing them at a alarming rate.

Hobbs
03-21-2016, 10:59 AM
Well I hadn't attacked anyone and I haven't been attacked in 4 hours and somehow I've lost 15 vipers?????
I'm no mathematician but that doesn't sound like a "low casualty rate" hate to see what happens when an "attack" actually occurs...

Sheldor Sir
03-21-2016, 11:39 AM
same here had 60 at lunch 6 hrs later no atks no loses only 15 left! before that I was attacked twice, 1 loss which said I was defeated and lost 1 alpha viper the other I won?

usually coding quality

right 18:40 uk now have 60 of each

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-21-2016, 11:52 AM
Maybe some of them are ill??????

ju100
03-21-2016, 11:54 AM
Hi
I have been buying Alpha Strike Vipers,Alpha Assault Soldiers and Alpha Heavy Armour like crazy but they keep disappearing? Can someone tell me where?
Many thanks
Simon

You probably lost them in the recycling part of the app. Don't worry though, you can buy many more now...

WBS
03-21-2016, 12:18 PM
Once we buy them will we be able to keep them or are they a temporary unit just for the event coming up?

[PM] President Hightower
03-21-2016, 12:50 PM
WBS, for now you can keep them, but they can be destroyed.

crazeejay
03-21-2016, 03:26 PM
Units are dropping like flies.
I see big chief deleted my last post. Truth must hurt

J-manKometh96
03-21-2016, 03:29 PM
Sorry, but the loss rate is still excessively high. In 5 winning raids I've lost 2 of each in each raid. That's 30 units total lost for 5 winning raids. How is that considered "low"?

WBS
03-21-2016, 03:35 PM
So am I better off skipping event and just keep my units?

J-manKometh96
03-21-2016, 03:40 PM
It seems to be an individual FL type event at this point given how units are being consumed. I'll give a chance, but I'm really on the fence at this point. As usual, no foresight potentially dooms an event

Pidgeot
03-21-2016, 04:23 PM
I don't mind the high loss rate with the huge power they provide with such a cheap buying cost but the 60 unit limit really hurts it because you have to buy them more often. You can go to sleep and wake up and had lost all your units. Not may can afford the 200 million cost per unit, making this even more expensive than frontline. I think most people would rather have the units be a bit more expensive but have them stay around longer, since it would balance out for all levels of play.

Having the Alpha Assault Soldier cost 50m cash, the Alpha Heavy Armor cost about 350m cash and the Alpha Strike Viper cost about 1b cash would be better with a much lower loss rate, something like 1 loss ever 10 attacks on average. Also wasn't there a limit on how may units could be lost before?

Sheldor Sir
03-21-2016, 09:12 PM
same here had 60 at lunch 6 hrs later no atks no loses only 15 left! before that I was attacked twice, 1 loss which said I was defeated and lost 1 alpha viper the other I won?

usually coding quality

right 18:40 uk now have 60 of each

ok 04:00 bee attacked 11 times 6w 5 loss nothing listed as being lost but have 43 air 43 inf and 48 ground so in 5 defeats have lost 48 units !!!!! if that is low casualty rate would hate to see high would lose all 30k units within a cycle

Sierra Hotel
03-21-2016, 09:22 PM
Yep, I lost 80+ Alpha Strike Vipers attacking players far weaker than me so far. Good thing I have 50 trillion cash in my main account, gunna need all of it at the rate these Alpha units are dropping. :D

edit: it's getting worse not better. I reset to 60 Alpha Strike Vipers, killed 4 more bosses (triggered by LTQ kills) and lost 12 Strike Vipers.

edit edit : EVEN WORSE. 4 BOSS kills and I lost 10 Strike Vipers, 8 Heavy Armor and 15 Assault Soldiers. Dude! Fix it.

Sheldor Sir
03-22-2016, 05:23 AM
I'm down too 24 now

BagziK
03-22-2016, 05:29 AM
everytime you attack Hardcore Boss.. before you attack just click YOUR SQUAD button. there you will see what unit will be use for attacking Hardcore Bosses..

BagziK
03-22-2016, 05:42 AM
click the the HARDCORE BOSS Icon, then click HELP.. read the bottom part of the page.
Squad Supplies:
Squad Supplies are needed to attack a Hardcore Boss.
Attacked by Hardcore Boss uses 1 Squad Supply. Squad Supplies will replenish every 60 seconds, or you can fully recover immediately using gold for a Supply Drop.

WBS
03-22-2016, 06:10 AM
I'm down too 24 now

Recycle them all and purchase again.

Sheldor Sir
03-22-2016, 08:24 AM
just brought another 54 and tapped on LTq master and did 1 hit to trigger boss and now only 59 it is a ****ing joke that's about 100% chance of loss not 2 the lies keep flowing like **** down a hill

Agent Orange
03-22-2016, 11:08 AM
Yep, I lost 80+ Alpha Strike Vipers attacking players far weaker than me so far. Good thing I have 50 trillion cash in my main account, gunna need all of it at the rate these Alpha units are dropping. :D

edit: it's getting worse not better. I reset to 60 Alpha Strike Vipers, killed 4 more bosses (triggered by LTQ kills) and lost 12 Strike Vipers.

edit edit : EVEN WORSE. 4 BOSS kills and I lost 10 Strike Vipers, 8 Heavy Armor and 15 Assault Soldiers. Dude! Fix it.

That is insane, does your rival get these lost units or do they just go into oblivion? If so that is monumentally stupid, consumed in the event against a boss sure but during pvp? Dumb.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-22-2016, 03:41 PM
That is insane, does your rival get these lost units or do they just go into oblivion? If so that is monumentally stupid, consumed in the event against a boss sure but during pvp? Dumb.

I guess the units are GREEcycled. LOL

levelhead
03-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Someone just raided my mini or should I say took the pish as they thought they was untouchable with maxed out alpha units. For the 5-10 mill they got from me it cost them more. As I just attacked them 10 times and I noticed they lost most of the units. Lol. Ppl should learn that using alpha units to raid. Make sure it's worth raiding first. As you lose a lot if it revenged win or lose

[PM] President Hightower
03-23-2016, 11:06 AM
The purpose of the Alpha Unit is to help players who need a quick boost to power, such as when dealing with Hardcore Boss. They are not meant to be a free, permanent power boost, nor are they necessary to complete the event. If you do not need help defeating a Boss, consider waiting to purchase these units as they will be destroyed through many actions.

CAPT MICKY D
03-23-2016, 12:05 PM
President Hightower;1554200']The purpose of the Alpha Unit is to help players who need a quick boost to power, such as when dealing with Hardcore Boss. They are not meant to be a free, permanent power boost, nor are they necessary to complete the event. If you do not need help defeating a Boss, consider waiting to purchase these units as they will be destroyed through many actions.

Yes but it seems they are leaving at an alarming rate.... did 3 attacks and lost 22 vipers out of 60 (on lvl58 boss) you are losing them PVP and on bosses. The attrition rate is still too high

Agent Orange
03-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Yes but it seems they are leaving at an alarming rate.... did 3 attacks and lost 22 vipers out of 60 (on lvl58 boss) you are losing them PVP and on bosses. The attrition rate is still too high

This is starting to look a lot like the Stealth Frigate fiasco which took place back in 2012. Funzio had a 'display issue' with the stats of this valor unit. It was way under priced for it's stats so without warning they lowered them.

For those of us who farmed them we got screwed so after much protest Funzio listened and offered a buyback. Some took it some didn't. A short time after this they returned the unit to it's original stats. Thus screwing over some players a second time..... But for those that kept them were also screwed because they raised the death rate so that after a very short period they were all gone.

Seems to me the same thing here, no way the loss rate dropped to 2%, feels more like 20% or higher. There also seems to be some other weird parameters at play though I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's combined with free vs cash hits as well as boss strength but since I don't have the IPH to fully test this.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-23-2016, 05:53 PM
This is starting to look a lot like the Stealth Frigate fiasco which took place back in 2012. Funzio had a 'display issue' with the stats of this valor unit. It was way under priced for it's stats so without warning they lowered them.

For those of us who farmed them we got screwed so after much protest Funzio listened and offered a buyback. Some took it some didn't. A short time after this they returned the unit to it's original stats. Thus screwing over some players a second time..... But for those that kept them were also screwed because they raised the death rate so that after a very short period they were all gone.

Seems to me the same thing here, no way the loss rate dropped to 2%, feels more like 20% or higher. There also seems to be some other weird parameters at play though I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's combined with free vs cash hits as well as boss strength but since I don't have the IPH to fully test this.

Yes, the durn things certainly disappear rapidly.

I'd say the loss rate went from 20% to at least 50 to 75%.

YMMV

WBS
03-24-2016, 06:14 AM
The loss rate is no where near 2%. Is Hightower Lying or did Gree just lie to Hightower?

crazeejay
03-24-2016, 08:26 AM
The loss rate is no where near 2%. Is Hightower Lying or did Gree just lie to Hightower?

Maybe his name is "HIGH" tower for a reason

Agent Orange
03-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Ah it was a disply error, he meant to say you have a 2% chance of keeping these units in battle.....

[PM] President Hightower
03-24-2016, 11:14 AM
I am having an engineer look into the issue of units disappearing faster than they should.

Update:
We ran another test on the live server against the Hardcore Boss by giving ourselves 60 units. Here are the results:

1st hit - 1 Unit Lost
2nd hit - 0 Units Lost
3rd hit - 2 Units Lost
4th hit - 1 Unit Lost
5th hit - 2 Units Lost
6th hit - 0 Units Lost
These numbers continued for some time.

The 2% loss is counted per unit, per attack. This is also true in PvP or any other activity you engage in (being attack in pvp as well). Activating Double / Triple Strike multiplies the number of times your units are at risk by 2x / 3x respectively. This means engaging in PvP and World Domination will likely cause you to lose units faster.

Please note that there is no reason to buy the Alpha units from the store when participating in an LTQ as your stats are not taken into account, but you WILL lose units. They are meant as a temporary boost, only. We will be looking into raising the cap and lowering the price of these units for future HCB events.

DIABLOPEZ
03-24-2016, 01:01 PM
Just tell them Brainiacs ar Gree HQ to make a purchase max option for this stuff lmao

Imagine hitting with your 500(+) allies.
And loosing like 50-100 units with every time you hit :-P