PDA

View Full Version : Dummy Teams in FRONTLINE !!

Hobbs
03-14-2016, 12:25 PM
Seems some Teams will try anything rather then play the game FAIR !!

The latest little trick is Create Multiple Factions of minis and Declare at same time hoping to match with "dummy Team" and knowing they can bump up points on Nodes without the threat of ever losing!!
Not saying Faction Names but let's just say they have FORM on bending the Rules.

If you INSTRUCT OR tell members to play like this it's pathetiC OR Plain cheating,hope you enjoy your Ill gotten gains AGAIN !

Vile Lynn
03-14-2016, 12:51 PM

The latest little trick is Create Multiple Factions of minis and Declare at same time hoping to match with "dummy Team" and knowing they can bump up points on Nodes without the threat of ever losing!!
Not saying Faction Names but let's just say they have FORM on bending the Rules.

If you INSTRUCT OR tell members to play like this it's pathetiC OR Plain cheating,hope you enjoy your Ill gotten gains AGAIN !

hmm... maybe they call it "strategy". But, this is an interesting twist to FL... kind of like streakers in war.

In Crime City, some of the top teams change their team name so their rivals think they're against a lower ranking team with less resources. Then, in the last mins, they change their name back to their original name so they show on the final LB. I think it's a dirty tactic, but oh well. I never had much respect for those teams anyway.

What happened to "all is fair in love and war"?

Sheldor Sir
03-14-2016, 01:18 PM
takes days to get CS to respond to requests for name changes and have been told after waiting a week that they cant change as faction locked please resubmitted after event.............guess what factions are locked 3 out 7 days EVERY WEEK

Vile Lynn
03-14-2016, 01:37 PM
(Oh really? I thought we could change faction names in MW, too... never looked, heh)

@Hobbs, why do you think it's cheating?

Sheldor Sir
03-14-2016, 01:50 PM
LMAO if factions could change names themselves there would bet 250 Ghosts and 250 Pheonix at start of each weekend or what ever they change to

Vile Lynn
03-14-2016, 02:03 PM
lol, sounds like more spent gold! :p ;)

Hobbs
03-14-2016, 02:17 PM
(Oh really? I thought we could change faction names in MW, too... never looked, heh)

@Hobbs, why do you think it's cheating?

If you bump up your score with a mini faction you are in control of,would you call that playing Fair?
If you wanna earn wins and rank why create fights you cannot lose,that's why I feel it's unfair.

Vile Lynn
03-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Hobbs, I agree that they are not playing the event as it was intendened, but it's no better than jumpers or streak teams. I wouldn't call it cheating (maybe GREE would, IDK), but IMHO they are trying to use the event's matching system to gain better rewards than they'd get thru regular gameplay. But, do you know how hard it is to force a match? It's hard and not really a new stategy now that I think about it. You might be the first to post here about it.

Hobbs
03-14-2016, 03:05 PM
Hobbs, I agree that they are not playing the event as it was intendened, but it's no better than jumpers or streak teams. I wouldn't call it cheating (maybe GREE would, IDK), but IMHO they are trying to use the event's matching system to gain better rewards than they'd get thru regular gameplay. But, do you know how hard it is to force a match? It's hard and not really a new stategy now that I think about it. You might be the first to post here about it.

Well that depends on how many "Dummy Factions" you have!
It's different then streak teams as that is avoiding each other and not fighting yourself.
If every faction went down this road we would be matching and fighting ourselves with no chance of losing.
What kind of event would that make? It would come down to who could create the most mini players/factions.
It also takes the competition out of this event,and all for a few extra pixels you didn't actually earn.

Speed ump
03-14-2016, 03:41 PM
Same team that was involved last time in do with minis floating in and out, and why gree locked factions. Simple way to kill this one is only allow one game per device, physical device. Of course everyone with minis would have to figure out new devices to put them on. Or lose them.

Hobbs
03-14-2016, 03:57 PM
Same team that was involved last time in do with minis floating in and out, and why gree locked factions. Simple way to kill this one is only allow one game per device, physical device. Of course everyone with minis would have to figure out new devices to put them on. Or lose them.

Yes Speed I believe it's the same team,heard they use programmes like bluestacks and other similar ones to create limitless accounts and claim they are beating the system.
They are not cheating GREE they are cheating every other Team that chooses to play the game properly.

Speed ump
03-14-2016, 04:02 PM
On one hand I see their point, on another hand I'm not sure what they're doing is as simple as just that. I do know the time and effort involved is way more than I'm intrested in Doing.

Vile Lynn
03-14-2016, 04:07 PM
Well, if it becomes a problem, GREE will take measures against it, like locking factions or who knows what, but it won't be good.

"One bad apple... "

Brown Out
03-14-2016, 05:01 PM
I noticed that too.

Brown Out
03-14-2016, 05:15 PM

http://i.imgur.com/FOlR6Il.jpg

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-14-2016, 06:48 PM
If you bump up your score with a mini faction you are in control of,would you call that playing Fair?

I wouldn't say that's fair. But, I suspect the PERPETRATORS think its fair.

If you wanna earn wins and rank why create fights you cannot lose,that's why I feel it's unfair.

At this point, does ANYTHING matter in this "game"?

I think not. But, what DEW I know? NUTTIN, I'm just another dummy on the Internet.

Agent Orange
03-15-2016, 08:35 AM
I wouldn't say that's fair. But, I suspect the PERPETRATORS think its fair.

At this point, does ANYTHING matter in this "game"?

I think not. But, what DEW I know? NUTTIN, I'm just another dummy on the Internet.

Likely. I experimented with my 5 test factions last FL and even though I set them up with equivalent stats and number of players as well as declaring simultaneously (5 factions triggered on 5 devices within a second of eachother). I got no matches with these groups this FL. I've been testing this for the past 4 FLs and have had matches. I think that it can easily be perpetrated by setting up with similar numbers of players as that appears to be part of the equation. Also how to try and avoid hitting top teams.......

truthteller
03-15-2016, 09:26 AM

I do not agree completely with you nor do I really disagree.............but let me ask you this

how much different is making dummy factions to get a "better" match than all those factions that pay the Docbot so they can declare during WD coordinading with other similar rank factions compared with all those other factions that do not pay docbot and have to scout every battle.............so those that pay docbot are "cheating"??

How about those big factions and big hitters that jump to other small factions to help them during RB and EB?? are they also "cheating" or being unfair to all those other small factions that do not get help during RB and EB?

I mean, this team is not breaking any TOS by making dummy factions to get "better" matches and max their points and loke AO (Agent Orange) posted, he had tested this with his many mini factions and does not always work

One thing that I do know is UNFAIR..............is gree starting SPEED events that only last 3 to 4 hours when it is night time for lots of players and they do not get an opportunity to participate in the SPEED portion of the event................now that is unfair

oh well....."poteito", "potato"............in the end it is all the same, eventually game will terminate and everyone will end up with exactly the same final prize..............Nothing, not even the pixels they so much fought and spent for as nobody will be able to log into the game........................so I suggest to just have fun with what you can, if you are not having fun and still playing this game......................you need professional help........................sometimes I feel I needed...............lol

Bndawgs
03-15-2016, 09:36 AM
Can they set up their bots to recycle units automatically for them in order to raise the cash to buy gunners? Or is that still a manual process for them?

Isn't there someone from sup in that faction now? Wonder if sup used to use bots as well?

It seems the only factions that really don't like it are the ones that get bumped down in t10.

MENTALLY INCOMPETENT
03-15-2016, 09:47 AM
Nothing have ever changed.
Nothing will ever changed.
You must be your own change.

Vile Lynn
03-15-2016, 10:07 AM
FWIW, I believe the matching algorithm considers:
• Faction size
• Average faction stats
• Total faction stats
• Faction's current rank
• Faction's last rank
• Time spent waiting for a match

Forcing a good match is just as hard as avoiding a bad match.

Hobbs
03-15-2016, 10:35 AM
FWIW, I believe the matching algorithm considers:
• Faction size
• Average faction stats
• Total faction stats
• Faction's current rank
• Faction's last rank
• Time spent waiting for a match

Forcing a good match is just as hard as avoiding a bad match.

That's WD algorithm,I'm talking Frontline.
There is no pattern to Frontline except when you declare,you must have seen teams from a wide variety of ranks because I certainly have.
Seems once you matched a faction there is a timespan(some say 12hrs)but that's all.
If you declare at same time with multiple factions you stand a good chance of getting matched with one.
I've seen the screen of this faction(posted on groupme) of matching with one and sometimes two of their own mini factions.
Don't think it's tough to plan a match in frontline because it isn't.

Hobbs
03-15-2016, 10:43 AM
I do not agree completely with you nor do I really disagree.............but let me ask you this

how much different is making dummy factions to get a "better" match than all those factions that pay the Docbot so they can declare during WD coordinading with other similar rank factions compared with all those other factions that do not pay docbot and have to scout every battle.............so those that pay docbot are "cheating"??

How about those big factions and big hitters that jump to other small factions to help them during RB and EB?? are they also "cheating" or being unfair to all those other small factions that do not get help during RB and EB?

I mean, this team is not breaking any TOS by making dummy factions to get "better" matches and max their points and loke AO (Agent Orange) posted, he had tested this with his many mini factions and does not always work

One thing that I do know is UNFAIR..............is gree starting SPEED events that only last 3 to 4 hours when it is night time for lots of players and they do not get an opportunity to participate in the SPEED portion of the event................now that is unfair

oh well....."poteito", "potato"............in the end it is all the same, eventually game will terminate and everyone will end up with exactly the same final prize..............Nothing, not even the pixels they so much fought and spent for as nobody will be able to log into the game........................so I suggest to just have fun with what you can, if you are not having fun and still playing this game......................you need professional help........................sometimes I feel I needed...............lol

don't use that Dockbot matching system you mention but I'd say the difference here is even if you try to match another team in WD it would be another team and you would both fight and both have the same advantage,the system used here there is no fight,the faction bumps control points up on a node knowing without a shadow of doubt they will just score a little more with the "REAL" faction and by doing this they virtually double points gained.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-15-2016, 10:54 AM
I've learned over the years that any changes made only make things worse.
I've learned that THEALMIGHTYGREE doesn't even listen to complaints, because players DEVOUR their "mystery meat" sandwiches served on moldy bread, and eagerly beg for more!

If that floats your boat and fills your belly, DEW enjoy!!

truthteller
03-15-2016, 11:03 AM
don't use that Dockbot matching system you mention but I'd say the difference here is even if you try to match another team in WD it would be another team and you would both fight and both have the same advantage,the system used here there is no fight,the faction bumps control points up on a node knowing without a shadow of doubt they will just score a little more with the "REAL" faction and by doing this they virtually double points gained.

Same applies to WD, when you try to match with similar factions to "trick" the system and get legendary battles..............would not that be unfair to all the other factions that do not use docbot as these factions have "higher" chances at getting legendary/epic/premium battles and thus getting more points per hit than those factions not using docbot??

again...............I do not really care either way.........I play to have fun with all hte crap the gree provides.............thus I only do some events like FL battle every 8 hours, EB only play it with 1 accoutn as the others cannot pass boss 33 lol........... WD I try to skip as many battle as possible but I do some with my faction, LTQ I only do 1 and 2 on ultimate (lol)..................but I still somewhat have some fun with the game

Vile Lynn
03-15-2016, 11:03 AM
That's WD algorithm,I'm talking Frontline.
There is no pattern to Frontline except when you declare,you must have seen teams from a wide variety of ranks because I certainly have.
Seems once you matched a faction there is a timespan(some say 12hrs)but that's all.
If you declare at same time with multiple factions you stand a good chance of getting matched with one.
I've seen the screen of this faction(posted on groupme) of matching with one and sometimes two of their own mini factions.
Don't think it's tough to plan a match in frontline because it isn't.

True, but both events use the same limits... And, the longer the wait, the looser the match can be, resulting in crazy mismatches like T10 with T200 & T300. It's much harder to quickly match 3 factions in FL than it is 2 in WD.

Factions can be matched again after 24hrs, but I'll see if I can get the FL rematch time confirmed as 12 or 24hrs... might depend on the length of the event, too.

aBigDek
03-15-2016, 11:37 AM
It sounds to me like the ones having an issue with this strategy believe in only ONE strategy.....spend spend spend. Whoever spends the most wins. I may have misinterpreted this app when it was listed in the app store as a "strategy pvp game." Silly me.
Would the naysayers prefer the game be played under contracts? So when you join a team you are locked in for 6 months or for a year. Leaders could even buy out a players contract (all that matters is money). You must also agree that if you are a top 10 team you will not fight teams outside top 50 (that would be bullying). No one should jump to their sister factions to help with Raid Boss (which for lower level teams is nearly impossible). For that matter you probably don't want sister factions or any other alliances that have been formed.
For the elitists that play at the top maybe this is what you really want. To have your own special group of big money spenders that can belittle each other in chat rooms. To Hell with the other 100k players that play this game for fun and for the friends around the World that they have made playing it.

This is a Game. This is a Strategy Game. This is a War Game. Enjoy it or don't play it.

Hobbs
03-15-2016, 12:12 PM
It sounds to me like the ones having an issue with this strategy believe in only ONE strategy.....spend spend spend. Whoever spends the most wins. I may have misinterpreted this app when it was listed in the app store as a "strategy pvp game." Silly me.
Would the naysayers prefer the game be played under contracts? So when you join a team you are locked in for 6 months or for a year. Leaders could even buy out a players contract (all that matters is money). You must also agree that if you are a top 10 team you will not fight teams outside top 50 (that would be bullying). No one should jump to their sister factions to help with Raid Boss (which for lower level teams is nearly impossible). For that matter you probably don't want sister factions or any other alliances that have been formed.
For the elitists that play at the top maybe this is what you really want. To have your own special group of big money spenders that can belittle each other in chat rooms. To Hell with the other 100k players that play this game for fun and for the friends around the World that they have made playing it.

This is a Game. This is a Strategy Game. This is a War Game. Enjoy it or don't play it.

I do enjoy it otherwise I wouldn't play it or wouldn't bother with this forum.
Also nothing to do with spending as EVERY TEAM that finished below this faction in this event was affected by this underhand system of playing the game.
As you said it's a game,if you get satisfaction by beating yourself fair enough but that contradicts the meaning of a "GAME"
As you describe "strategy PvP" what is the meaning of PvP?....silly me,thought it meant Player Vs Player and not Player Vs Themselves....

Bndawgs
03-15-2016, 12:14 PM

Did you actually type this or did you have your bot do it for you?

aBigDek
03-15-2016, 12:43 PM
You guys give me way too much credit with all the talk about bots and stuff. I'm just a poor construction worker.

Hobbs' secretary actually wrote it Pro Bono for me.

Apollo13
03-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Let me guess, Hobb is from TTO?

Hobbs
03-15-2016, 03:52 PM
Let me guess, Hobb is from TTO?

You are missing the point,I'm not bringing this subject up because I missed a few extra pixels,I'm bringing it up because I feel it's not within the spirit of a game to bend rules...
And just for the Record I ain't with TTO but that's irrelevant.

RJ Rodgers
03-15-2016, 08:36 PM
What you guys need to understand is that instructors made a name for itself as being one of the first streak teams to repeatedly be successful at completing the Win goals while spending the least amount of money to play the game. Instructors are not cheats and they're not hackers ! they are just extremely creative in their approach to the playing of this game. While the majority of us players in modern war play to beat one another and establish dominance... instructor's style of play is a bit different . They not only like to try and beat those teams who do spend a ton of money / Gold playing the game, but also to beat the games creators and moderators by exploiting their ineptness !

For me personally I applauded them for their creative thinking. The fact of the matter is this ... Many companies create games conceptually for people to enjoy with the dual purpose for them to enjoy profitability. They then serve to be good stewards of that creation seeking long term profitability. Others like Gree are just so friggin obvious in their " GREED" that even Stevie Wonder can see them working ...

The fact of the matter is that not everybody has the " deep pockets " that most of the top 50 -100 players have ! So you see... The more guys like sandman / BB Ying and others spend ... the further the game distances others to be able to be competitive without overspending and hurting themselves at home economically !

Well, Enter the leadership of Instructors Corp .... They found a way to be able to compete / get better stat growth and spend less .... While not hacking ! Not Glitching !

They simply got intelligently creative and exploited the idiots who manage the game .... No I say to this room that IC is legit in what they did and like all of us they love to play the game ... They just don't want to have to claim BK or have the bank foreclose on their mortgage to do it .... And not everybody is able to dig as deep as some of us.

So where does that leave those like IC members who are just as competitive as the rest of us ?

Not all wars / Battles are won by the fittest / strongest / best armed .... Some fights go to the smarter guys who exploit their opposition ... Like the stupid ass Red Coats marching three or four abreast beating their drums while our forefathers sat in trees and behind shrubs picking them off ... We're we better than the Red Coats ? No just smarter !

So in closing I say to all you haters and most of all ...... ALL YOU HYPOCRITES ... How is IC any different than all you guys working back room deals for legendary match ups ? You are using your social connectivity to broker an advantage in trying to sync up declare times ! So let's be honest here .... Your no damn different .... ALL THE TOP TEAMS DO IT .....So let's get off our high horse and out from behind those glass houses if your going to pick up and throw stones !

As was once said .... Don't hate the player hate the game !

Speed ump
03-15-2016, 08:42 PM
Sup? Didn't know it still existed? Yes there is at least one ex sup player in that team, and no, sup did not use bots. Yes that team does use bots. Next question?

aBigDek
03-15-2016, 08:54 PM
No that team does not use bots. You've never played there and you wouldn't know Speed Ump.
And I never knew anyone at SUP that used bots or any leadership at SUP that would have allowed it.

J-manKometh96
03-16-2016, 05:48 AM
@Abigdek....

Lol. There are nowhere near 100k people playing this game. Best estimates put it at 10-20k.

Agent Orange
03-16-2016, 06:47 AM
Hmmm what I found interesting. So factions are changing their faction names?

Is that true? If so considering that support moves at a glacial place how is it possible to hit a 30 minute time window.

This I find far more disturbing given the implication that there may be some internal help going on or worse….

As for the matching business, well I can see doing it back when the game was taking up to 45 minutes to match up 3 factions
but now with relaxed parameters to take into account declining participation I'm not sure how useful this is. Wouldn't it be counter
productive to play with yourselves? Hmmm that didn't sound right….

Personally I don't care, not because I've tested this theory before but because I don't think in the greater scheme of things there
is that huge a tactical advantage doing this since you aren't stealing battle points from other factions, just subsets of your own.

What I would find interesting is a 'Deploy All' button for each of the four available units. Would likely blow up the server in the last 60
seconds of a FL battle but that might drop in a bit more strategy and a lot less stupid repetition. It would also help to reduce the number
of pop ups that come up and screw you up at critical moments.

Bndawgs
03-16-2016, 07:39 AM
Sup? Didn't know it still existed? Yes there is at least one ex sup player in that team, and no, sup did not use bots. Yes that team does use bots. Next question?

Hmmm, not sure about that.

Unless you can tell me how someone in sup was able to deploy over 12k deploys in a 30 min FL battle.

Ozymandias
03-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Hmmm what I found interesting. So factions are changing their faction names?

Is that true? If so considering that support moves at a glacial place how is it possible to hit a 30 minute time window.

Factions have often changed names, but not within same war, that's not done supposedly. Last time I did it, it was 24-48 hour turnaround.

WBS
03-16-2016, 08:51 AM
Hmmm, not sure about that.

Unless you can tell me how someone in sup was able to deploy over 12k deploys in a 30 min FL battle.

I'm sure they have enough gold to deploy that amount but I don't think that type of tapping would be possible with the amount of lag and pop ups that you would have to deal with. Unless the device they use has no lag and is super fast.

fatbodychris
03-16-2016, 02:15 PM
I'm sure they have enough gold to deploy that amount but I don't think that type of tapping would be possible with the amount of lag and pop ups that you would have to deal with. Unless the device they use has no lag and is super fast.

For what it's worth, I have a newer iPhone 6 and I can deploy 2 full accounts at 2 minutes left in FL and that's including the time it takes to switch accounts. I'm sure 12k deploys in 30 minutes is possible.

WBS
03-16-2016, 03:10 PM
For what it's worth, I have a newer iPhone 6 and I can deploy 2 full accounts at 2 minutes left in FL and that's including the time it takes to switch accounts. I'm sure 12k deploys in 30 minutes is possible.

Then Gree needs to make everyone's platforms the same. I also have iPhone 6 and there is no way I could deploy 2 full accounts in 2 minutes. I would need at least 5-6 minutes. And that is being generous.

It lags bad, pop ups, and sometimes it doesn't even count my deploys. Plus it will shut my app down multiple times.

At least you and others are able to have it load quickly.

EBpizzaking
03-17-2016, 03:58 AM
The BIG problem with trying to take advantage of this method in Frontline is the THIRD faction you come up against - unless you can guarantee getting matched with your 2 mini factions you have no way of knowing what a node will go for

HGF69
03-17-2016, 05:32 AM
Noticed a few top 3 teams have players Instructing now, they wanted to cut their spending and realised that moving to that team was as good as frontline has 2 events per cycle instead of 1 WD.

Bndawgs
03-17-2016, 10:11 AM

Lol, no its really not. Just try doing the math for the number of deploys per minute needed. We won't even discuss gold refills yet. Lol

J-manKometh96
03-17-2016, 09:59 PM
Lol, no its really not. Just try doing the math for the number of deploys per minute needed. We won't even discuss gold refills yet. Lol

You just need a better bot. :D

Agent Orange
03-18-2016, 07:02 AM

Define 2 'full' accounts. If you are talking dumping 250 Carriers in 2 minutes yes. 12,000 deploys will require 47 gold refills which given the ingame lage is not possible. Then factor in the required 100 deploys per second to reach that amount in 2 minutes and it is highly unlikely by just tapping like a banshee.

If you did 12,000 deploys in 30 minutes that would be 6.66 deploys per second but then you would loose time to pop ups though perhaps they stop at a certain point but also to the 47 gold refills required unless there is some way to increase your max deploys from the default 250.

Oh crap wait a sec, since I don't buy gold or use refills, that gold refill isn't to full top up all 250 deploys is it..... Can't remember what the number and is so that would be 47 x Xto top up all 250 deploys. So it's starting to seem rather unlikely...

But as I posted earlier, what is a lot more interesting is if factions can change their names during a FL battle as this cannot be done in game but only through support if it is even possible. But to have it changed within the 30 minute battle would be highly suspect since that implies internal tinkering or server hacking.