PDA

View Full Version : Box event madness

Jnsolberg
03-09-2016, 06:25 AM
Things we hate about box events:
1). Endless, there's never more than one hour between events
2). "Sorry"
3). Being a slave to timers
4). Poor odds with gold opens (seems to vary with the event)
5). Now Antiquary needs 11 different units instead of the 8 units that's it's always been. (Not any easier to get the "rare" units.
6). Most units that you win, don't help your army anymore

Things we like about box events:
1). We can get citadel materials.
2). Sometimes we can get Antiquary.
3). It's nice that the Antiquary is now split up into 3 parts and we all should be able to get at least one boost out of it.

Oops, Gree, you've just made one of the few things that we like about box events much harder to accomplish. Maybe we should thank you for making these events easier to ignore!

Please give us a day's break once in a while, and change the Antiquary back to 8 units.

Laura TCK
03-09-2016, 11:25 PM
I have found since this new system of rewards I.e coo on, uncommon goals etc I now get far more sorrys than I used to, Gree has changed my % of opening with gold, previous I would always get 6-7/8 beasts but now lucky to get 4 and now never any rare fairly pointless opening a box now

truthteller
03-10-2016, 09:00 AM
I have found since this new system of rewards I.e coo on, uncommon goals etc I now get far more sorrys than I used to, Gree has changed my % of opening with gold, previous I would always get 6-7/8 beasts but now lucky to get 4 and now never any rare fairly pointless opening a box now

I have given up on trying to open boxes for the same reason

I use to open every 45 minutes on the clock, and was able to get to 6/8 or 7/8 units, but now, 75% of the time all I get is "sorry", not to mention that in the last 3 box events I have not gotten a single rare unit, seems my luck is limited to the first 3 common units which is all I get when I get one...............as for the 25/25 items needed, when it was collect 10/10 I use to make it to 8/10 or 9/10 and spend a few gems trying to get the elusive 10/10.....................now with 25, I get to 9/25 at the most, on the positive side............I stop wasting gems trying to open boxes

Duke of Earl
03-10-2016, 09:21 AM
Gree, how about telling us what the odds are supposed to be for getting an open with a gold open

Metsrock9931
03-10-2016, 01:31 PM
I have given up on trying to open boxes for the same reason

I use to open every 45 minutes on the clock, and was able to get to 6/8 or 7/8 units, but now, 75% of the time all I get is "sorry", not to mention that in the last 3 box events I have not gotten a single rare unit, seems my luck is limited to the first 3 common units which is all I get when I get one...............as for the 25/25 items needed, when it was collect 10/10 I use to make it to 8/10 or 9/10 and spend a few gems trying to get the elusive 10/10.....................now with 25, I get to 9/25 at the most, on the positive side............I stop wasting gems trying to open boxes

Couldn't have said it any better. I used gems during the first box event change, never received a rare or uncommon unit after 500 gems. Now do not even try with gems. As for gold hits, chances are even harder. Another good event that they have messed up.

Gem use reduction and why:
1) no gem use for individual quests, takes easy 65 energy refills to complete all levels, out of rational
2) no gem use for box events, never come close to 25/25 and 11 antiquary, out of rational
3) no gem for crates, Frank perry still has not resolved reward issues on 3 of them, poor service
4) no gem use for epic boss, last event was ridiculous, Vile believes only 1-2 of all of us should be able to achieve

This basically leaves raid boss and wars, somehow they will find another way to ruin raid boss and wars eventually.

Jnsolberg
03-10-2016, 01:38 PM
This basically leaves raid boss and wars, somehow they will find another way to ruin raid boss and wars eventually.

We have a "new and improved" RB starting in @ 82 minutes, lol

That leaves only war.

Metsrock9931
03-10-2016, 01:41 PM
We have a "new and improved" RB starting in @ 82 minutes, lol

That leaves only war.

Just saw that, well now we will only have wars that are fun, however they still have time to upset the base players. Lol

truthteller
03-10-2016, 01:41 PM
Couldn't have said it any better. I used gems during the first box event change, never received a rare or uncommon unit after 500 gems. Now do not even try with gems. As for gold hits, chances are even harder. Another good event that they have messed up.

Gem use reduction and why:
1) no gem use for individual quests, takes easy 65 energy refills to complete all levels, out of rational
2) no gem use for box events, never come close to 25/25 and 11 antiquary, out of rational
3) no gem for crates, Frank perry still has not resolved reward issues on 3 of them, poor service
4) no gem use for epic boss, last event was ridiculous, Vile believes only 1-2 of all of us should be able to achieve

Sorry my friend, but they have already ruined Wars and RB

War:
you now only get 5 prizes while before you use to get ALL prizes under your rank
no more Health potions drop from EB event, wich were mainly use during wars

Raid Boss
the new and "improve" RB starting today I am thinking will be like the MW version, thus RB is ruined
1- you need 18 units for a special prize and the last 3 units are only available after boss level 85 starting witha 3% drop rate up to 10% drop rate for the level 150 boss
2- We will probably now have up to level 150 RB
3- RB Health will probably be as ridiculous as the EB health in last event

Metsrock9931
03-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Sorry my friend, but they have already ruined Wars and RB

War:
you now only get 5 prizes while before you use to get ALL prizes under your rank
no more Health potions drop from EB event, wich were mainly use during wars

Raid Boss
the new and "improve" RB starting today I am thinking will be like the MW version, thus RB is ruined
1- you need 18 units for a special prize and the last 3 units are only available after boss level 85 starting witha 3% drop rate up to 10% drop rate for the level 150 boss

That is why I stopped playing modern war about a year ago. I like challenges, but not unachievable ones.

IPassButter
03-10-2016, 02:57 PM

Raid Boss will remain capped at level 100

The Raid Boss Health curve has not been altered.

Frostpocket
03-11-2016, 12:23 AM
In response to the OP's opening request, please can we have fewer box events. I've not bothered with the last two. Just monotonous and usually, the top prizes are not achievable, without a lot of gems. I'm sure the money addicts and those who must have every unit will shout at me, but at least the current lender/manor/brothel thing is different. I'm sure GREE will put the 15/15 upgrade at an insane level, so I, along with many, won't do it, but, at least it's different. Boxes? Oh come on GREE, surely, you can think outside of them? Clearly, they're a money grabber, or they wouldn't be so repetitive!

Vile Lynn
03-11-2016, 01:03 PM
4) ...Vile believes only 1-2 of all of us should be able to achieve

Yeah, that IS my opinion, and I stand by it 100%. I don't feel "entitled" to the top rewards because I'm active or toss a few gems around... those top rewards are only meant for the heaviest gemmers who don't have an issue spending thousands on a FTP app.

Noor
03-11-2016, 01:16 PM
Yeah, that IS my opinion, and I stand by it 100%. I don't feel "entitled" to the top rewards because I'm active or toss a few gems around... those top rewards are only meant for the heaviest gemmers who don't have an issue spending thousands on a FTP app.
That should not be the issue for completing normal imho, legendary/heroic yes, but not normal.

Vile Lynn
03-11-2016, 03:07 PM
That should not be the issue for completing normal imho, legendary/heroic yes, but not normal.

I wholeheartedly agree. Completing Normal with an active, older account should not be an issue.

Metsrock9931
03-11-2016, 06:46 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. Completing Normal with an active, older account should not be an issue.

However it is an issue, 4 accounts over 3 yrs old and only 1 is able to complete. Tested by sleeping 6 -7 hours and rest of time on events to see the chances. Not very good.

sdunn00
03-12-2016, 09:57 AM
1). Endless, there's never more than one hour between events
2). "Sorry"
3). Being a slave to timers
4). Poor odds with gold opens (seems to vary with the event)
5). Now Antiquary needs 11 different units instead of the 8 units that's it's always been. (Not any easier to get the "rare" units.
6). Most units that you win, don't help your army anymore

Things we like about box events:
1). We can get citadel materials.
2). Sometimes we can get Antiquary.
3). It's nice that the Antiquary is now split up into 3 parts and we all should be able to get at least one boost out of it.

Oops, Gree, you've just made one of the few things that we like about box events much harder to accomplish. Maybe we should thank you for making these events easier to ignore!

Please give us a day's break once in a while, and change the Antiquary back to 8 units.

Additional thing we don't like:
7. And duplicate units with a bonus that doesn't stack....seriously????

Jnsolberg
03-12-2016, 10:09 AM
Additional thing we don't like:
7. And duplicate units with a bonus that doesn't stack....seriously????

Lol, like this Minator Berserker with the -20% Building Upgrade time boost.
But I already had it on 3 of my toons, and the forth toon upgraded so slowly, he would finish days behind the others. Now he's the second fastest, very close to the fastest. A very good boost for newer accounts to get. Especially with the new Building quest going to 15 levels!

Duke of Earl
03-15-2016, 07:31 PM

I just won a Shamrock Moon Dog 189.3m Attack and 77.2m defense!

I've seen 3 units that aren't in the antiquary. I think Gree had this box event set up for 11 antiquary units like the last one, but dropped it back to 8 after the feedback here. I think that they just forgot to take the 3 extra units out.