PDA

View Full Version : Current version unstable?

Cartoondude135
03-08-2016, 04:46 PM
Are any of you suffering from this version of MW? If so, what version of iOS do you currently use? Are you experiencing delays in attacking/raiding? Is your request/ticket not replied to? Do you crash while tapping jobs rapidly? Do you get no free gold from video offers? Did All your money get drained when buying a specific amount of gold via redeemed gift cards? I'm using version 7.1.2 of iOS on iPhone 4.

Twist of Cain
03-08-2016, 05:10 PM
The entire game is unstable, been like this for about three and a half years. Just play for free and wait for the final curtain call.

Cartoondude135
03-08-2016, 05:58 PM
The entire game is unstable, been like this for about three and a half years. Just play for free and wait for the final curtain call.

What does "the final curtain call" mean?

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-08-2016, 06:16 PM

WISDOM, great WISDOM has been dispensed in about two dozen words!!!!

Blest@iBOB!.mw
03-08-2016, 11:11 PM
Once upon a time... long, long ago... In a galaxy far, far away... this game was stable... And then I woke up.

Brown Out
03-09-2016, 06:32 AM
Are any of you suffering from this version of MW? If so, what version of iOS do you currently use? Are you experiencing delays in attacking/raiding? Is your request/ticket not replied to? Do you crash while tapping jobs rapidly? Do you get no free gold from video offers? Did All your money get drained when buying a specific amount of gold via redeemed gift cards? I'm using version 7.1.2 of iOS on iPhone 4.

The lag and crashing has been terrible (almost unplayable) for me since they released the forced update.
Playing on iPod Touch generation 5 running iOS 7.1.2
Probably has something to do with the older A4 and A5 processors.

Sheldor Sir
03-09-2016, 06:48 AM
haven't updated but get 2 or more data sets everyday, there is 3-5 sec lag fm tapping to menu response

WBS
03-09-2016, 08:19 AM
haven't updated but get 2 or more data sets everyday, there is 3-5 sec lag fm tapping to menu response

I get annoyed by all the data pushes. The game is way more laggy then it was 1 month ago. Hitting NPC's, WD targets are all very slow and takes forever for prize to show up. I am on iPhone 6.

Vile Lynn
03-09-2016, 11:39 AM

What does "the final curtain call" mean?
...means the end of the app, iow when they turn off the servers, but that is not gonna happen for a very, very long time.
Players have been saying the game is on it's last leg, circling the drain, barely surviving, etc... for years and years and we're still here. :cool:

Unfortunately, the crashing and other app issues your are experiencing might be device-related.
I've stopped using my iPhone4. My new iPhone6s works fine with GREE's apps.

It kinda sucks that we live in a world where everything is upgraded or becomes obsolete & gets thrown away or recycled! (Please recycle!) My iPhone3G is a calculator/alarm clock now, and it still looks brand new! Same goes with my 1st gen iPad. :p I miss playing on my iPad! But, everything got upgraded to 64bit last year and older devices couldn't upgrade. Oh well.

GREE codes for & QAs on the newest devices. If you send in a ticket and you're using an older device, there isn't much the customer service (CS) agent can do after they forward it to the MW Team. So, they close the ticket and it looks like you're being ignored only because the CS agent doesn't have a good answer for you. Sometimes the developers will reply to tickets, but it's very rare. Tickets are collected, feedback is noted, nothing gets ignored.

Regarding free gold videos, I believe those are still suspended until further notice for iOS users, but I'm not 100% sure.

If you feel like your ticket is being ignored by CS, please PM me to let me know. I'm here to help if I can. :) Instead of sending in a new ticket for the same issue, please reply to your original, and it will re-open it.

WBS
03-09-2016, 11:53 AM
Vile Lynn- What about tickets where they said problems fixed but it never has been? I gave up sending in tickets after 4 tickets being responded to with a survey and a message saying something to the effect of, I hope this helps. I gave up trying to send in tickets. It seems like some get answers while others dont. I use iphone6 and am fully updated. I haven't seen worse customer service before.

Vile Lynn
03-09-2016, 12:22 PM
Vile Lynn- What about tickets where they said problems fixed but it never has been? I gave up sending in tickets after 4 tickets being responded to with a survey and a message saying something to the effect of, I hope this helps. I gave up trying to send in tickets. It seems like some get answers while others dont. I use iphone6 and am fully updated. I haven't seen worse customer service before.

I guess it depends how persistent a player wants to be about the issue.

There are always exceptions either way.

I'm not sure of the exact problem they said was fixed when it wasn't, but the CS agents (for the most part) do their best with the info they are given (and I don't think they are given much info.) I doubt any of them play.
It's like me moderating in the Knights and Dragons (KnD) forums: I can answer simple questions about basic game play, but players get upset when I don't (can't) address what they think are major issues like why they can't bait their pets (huh?) or forge their DragonForge armor with their who-knows-what. I don't play KnD, btw. KWIM? I sometimes feel out of water here because I don't play at most of y'all's super high-stat levels, but I try and know the game at least.

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-09-2016, 12:32 PM
The lag and crashing has been terrible (almost unplayable) for me since they released the forced update.

Everything is perfect for me.

I deleted the game from all of my devices weeks ago.

I no longer experience ANY problems.

Im amazed and ever so grateful to THEGREE.

truthteller
03-09-2016, 12:54 PM
Once upon a time... long, long ago... In a galaxy far, far away... this game was stable... And then I woke up.

Once upon a time... long, long ago... In a galaxy far, far away... this game was stable... And then.........GREE took over

There I fixed your post to properly show what you really really meant:rolleyes:

Brown Out
03-09-2016, 05:18 PM
Everything is perfect for me.

I deleted the game from all of my devices weeks ago.

I no longer experience ANY problems.

Im amazed and ever so grateful to THEGREE.

Sounds like a sweet fix. I'll give it a try. ;)

carlos spicey weener
03-09-2016, 05:58 PM

Erase all those dirty pics you got saved.
MW runs best for me when I have lots of space available.

WBS
03-09-2016, 06:09 PM
I guess it depends how persistent a player wants to be about the issue.

There are always exceptions either way.

I'm not sure of the exact problem they said was fixed when it wasn't, but the CS agents (for the most part) do their best with the info they are given (and I don't think they are given much info.) I doubt any of them play.
It's like me moderating in the Knights and Dragons (KnD) forums: I can answer simple questions about basic game play, but players get upset when I don't (can't) address what they think are major issues like why they can't bait their pets (huh?) or forge their DragonForge armor with their who-knows-what. I don't play KnD, btw. KWIM? I sometimes feel out of water here because I don't play at most of y'all's super high-stat levels, but I try and know the game at least.

My issues dealt with not receiving gold on 3 different occasions and the other occasion was not receiving a unit from finishing the 10/10 of crate event. Regardless, it's over, Gree sucks, and they haven't seen a dime from me in well over a year ;) So I play free, and watch Gree screw people over��

Brown Out
03-09-2016, 06:47 PM

Backed them up to Flickr, then deleted. Lots of space freed up and seems to be running a bit smoother. Thanks!

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-09-2016, 08:11 PM

This will be one of the 100 best ever replies on THEGREEFORTHEM. :)

MajikUF
03-09-2016, 08:17 PM
My ios game lagged when I was logging in and i was tapping to try and get into the game and accidentally bought the 3 crates for 180 gold. That's adding insult to injury. :(

DEWIN NUTTIN
03-09-2016, 09:15 PM
My ios game lagged when I was logging in and i was tapping to try and get into the game and accidentally bought the 3 crates for 180 gold. That's adding insult to injury. :(

Sorry mate, that's what's called - GREEJACKED!!!!

sbs2716g
03-09-2016, 11:41 PM

My phone 4s have plenty of space is also lagging like mad. N dun understand why they have to keep sending new data everyday.

Killer_Elite
03-10-2016, 01:09 AM
It is such a contradiction in Android and IOS. The game has never run quicker, slicker or better on Android. Everything goes without any issue. IOS on the other hand is a nightmare. No videos (fair enough, they are free so it is up to them), constant lagging, continual crashing, invisible targets that make no sense, surveys performed but no free gold actually added and just a general sense of things falling apart.

They should really stop events and concentrate on sorting out issues, but we all know that won't happen. They must have done something similar on Android though because a year or so ago, it was IOS that worked and Android that didn't, so whoever fixed that one, can they not get them to do the same for IOS!

HGF69
03-10-2016, 04:52 AM
I'm on a 6S plus and its still cr@p and laggy so the device argument is bollocks

Agent Orange
03-10-2016, 07:27 AM
It is such a contradiction in Android and IOS. The game has never run quicker, slicker or better on Android. Everything goes without any issue. IOS on the other hand is a nightmare. No videos (fair enough, they are free so it is up to them), constant lagging, continual crashing, invisible targets that make no sense, surveys performed but no free gold actually added and just a general sense of things falling apart.

They should really stop events and concentrate on sorting out issues, but we all know that won't happen. They must have done something similar on Android though because a year or so ago, it was IOS that worked and Android that didn't, so whoever fixed that one, can they not get them to do the same for IOS!

Exactly what I am seeing. On a cheap quad core Asus the game is running much faster then on my IOS devices. The iPhone 6 with plenty of space runs 'best' as in crashes less frequently then the iPhone 5's which run a bit more 'reliably' (as in in not constantly crashing/locking vs iPads). Anything older iPhone wise doesn't work. On iPads the app is amixed bag of hell with iPad Minis and 2nd gens pretty much unplayable even with plenty of free space.

If I was to deconstruct this mess I would look at the rediculous amount of extraneous crap waddling about the playing field. All that animated garbage is zapping cpu/graphics power. Just look at how the targets are constructed, clothing is separated from bodies and most times don't even align properly so you have a naked body with the clothing floating in front of the object.

Years ago we ran into a problem with too many objects (ornaments) clogging up the app so I thought a limit was imposed. Problem is with the crapload of buildings we have the same problem, then add in all the animated crap and it's easy to see why things are seizing up on screen.

Why Android runs so much better is interesting though I find my newer IOS players aren't quite as screwed up as my older ones with a tonne of buildings.

So sure part of it can be device age and lack of free space but all the extraneous crap that has to be pushed around the screen can't help. Oh and then there are a flipping ghost targets! Sheez....

Vile Lynn
03-10-2016, 11:51 AM
So basically... GREE needs to clear out all of the extra NPCs and ghost NPCs to improve the game play on iOS devices.

Where's the "Delete NPC" button? I'll do it! ;)

WBS
03-10-2016, 01:49 PM
Exactly what I am seeing. On a cheap quad core Asus the game is running much faster then on my IOS devices. The iPhone 6 with plenty of space runs 'best' as in crashes less frequently then the iPhone 5's which run a bit more 'reliably' (as in in not constantly crashing/locking vs iPads). Anything older iPhone wise doesn't work. On iPads the app is amixed bag of hell with iPad Minis and 2nd gens pretty much unplayable even with plenty of free space.

If I was to deconstruct this mess I would look at the rediculous amount of extraneous crap waddling about the playing field. All that animated garbage is zapping cpu/graphics power. Just look at how the targets are constructed, clothing is separated from bodies and most times don't even align properly so you have a naked body with the clothing floating in front of the object.

Years ago we ran into a problem with too many objects (ornaments) clogging up the app so I thought a limit was imposed. Problem is with the crapload of buildings we have the same problem, then add in all the animated crap and it's easy to see why things are seizing up on screen.

Why Android runs so much better is interesting though I find my newer IOS players aren't quite as screwed up as my older ones with a tonne of buildings.

So sure part of it can be device age and lack of free space but all the extraneous crap that has to be pushed around the screen can't help. Oh and then there are a flipping ghost targets! Sheez....

I hate those ghost npc's. You hit one in every single map and once you hit one you can't hit the target you meant to hit. You either have to restart the game or go back to base and then back to map, do the hokey pokey, and spin yourself around before you hit the intended target.

Bambamgunz
03-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Gree need's to do something about this,,It was unbelievable how many times my 6 ios devices crashed just trying to finish daily iltq and hit EB then RB!

Agent Orange
03-11-2016, 05:07 AM
...means the end of the app, iow when they turn off the servers, but that is not gonna happen for a very, very long time.
Players have been saying the game is on it's last leg, circling the drain, barely surviving, etc... for years and years and we're still here. :cool:

Unfortunately, the crashing and other app issues your are experiencing might be device-related.
I've stopped using my iPhone4. My new iPhone6s works fine with GREE's apps.

It kinda sucks that we live in a world where everything is upgraded or becomes obsolete & gets thrown away or recycled! (Please recycle!) My iPhone3G is a calculator/alarm clock now, and it still looks brand new! Same goes with my 1st gen iPad. :p I miss playing on my iPad! But, everything got upgraded to 64bit last year and older devices couldn't upgrade. Oh well.

GREE codes for & QAs on the newest devices. If you send in a ticket and you're using an older device, there isn't much the customer service (CS) agent can do after they forward it to the MW Team. So, they close the ticket and it looks like you're being ignored only because the CS agent doesn't have a good answer for you. Sometimes the developers will reply to tickets, but it's very rare. Tickets are collected, feedback is noted, nothing gets ignored.

Regarding free gold videos, I believe those are still suspended until further notice for iOS users, but I'm not 100% sure.

If you feel like your ticket is being ignored by CS, please PM me to let me know. I'm here to help if I can. :) Instead of sending in a new ticket for the same issue, please reply to your original, and it will re-open it.

Hmm missed the comment about 64 bit. (Insert light bulb blinking on) Only the 5s (not other iPhone 5s) and 6's are 64 bit. It would be monumentally stunned for gree to forget about 32 bit support considering those devices likely make up the bulk of their user base!

It kind of underlined how spectacularly poor their beta testing program is, heck when I am testing product I pull out our oldest slowest devices before the latest because we don't want to orphan customers.

Yes part of it must be the npcs, on anything below the iPhone 6 the targets spasm about the screen like they are doing the chicken dance. The 6 is slightly less jerky but it ought to better as it is the current top line iPhone with over 100gb free!

Agent Orange
03-11-2016, 07:06 AM
Head of Gree Development and head of Q/A caught on video at a gas station….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_UCUqNS860