PDA

View Full Version : Spiny circles are slowing KA to a crawl

Jnsolberg
03-01-2016, 04:35 AM
I hate spiny circles

Gree we've been getting long spiny circles for a few weeks now.
Shake to collect, get a spiny circle.
Go to the open a box icon, get a spiny circle.
Open a box, get a spiny circle.
Refresh your battle list, get a spiny circle.
Do anything, get a spiny circle.

Depending on your device, these spiny circles can last 8-22 seconds every time.

At first I thought it may have been my connection, but many of my guild mates have experienced the same long lasting spiny circles.

I noticed that for the last day of war we got a 40% off sale instead of the 20% off sale that we had for the first 2 days. Could it be that scores were down?
Spiny circles slowed wars to a crawl. Hmmm....maybe you shouldn't fix this. After all, it saved us a lot of gems by slowing us down.

Never mind.

JamieF
03-01-2016, 04:41 AM
So true. Switching accounts is also a pain in the ...

I have 3 accounts and my lvl 47 account seems to be much faster with the circles than my 212 account. But it's still terrible. Last minutes hits during war? You'll need to start at 10 minutes remaining to get your hits in, otherwise you'll have to fight the circles.

And @Vile Lynn, we know (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?120171-Omg-the-servers-are-soooo-slow) you have a iphone 6s (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?120050-Bug-fixes) ;)

E-I
03-01-2016, 05:18 AM
Lag time on older games are a lot worse. If you look at the amount of storage consumed by KA on your device, an old game uses a lot more storage than a newish account. More to synch with the server I guess.

Vile Lynn
03-01-2016, 09:51 AM
And @Vile Lynn, we know (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?120171-Omg-the-servers-are-soooo-slow) you have a iphone 6s (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?120050-Bug-fixes) ;)

LOL! Thanks :p ;)

I haven't logged in a few of days, so I might have spinners, too. I'll check it out now...

(P.S. Usually, I declare all war weekend to let other low level guilds get wins, but we were too busy this past CoK. Sorry to hear about the long hitting times during war... it can make all the difference when winning is on the line.)

Vile Lynn
03-01-2016, 09:58 AM
Lag time on older games are a lot worse. If you look at the amount of storage consumed by KA on your device, an old game uses a lot more storage than a newish account. More to synch with the server I guess.

Would you (or anybody) suggest reinstalling? Would that help clear up some misc, unused or extra data?
^honestly asking :)

Info is kept sever-side as far as I know, but graphics download and stay on our devices, right? Older accounts, more graphics?
Just asking to help me understand.

E-I
03-01-2016, 11:03 AM
Would you (or anybody) suggest reinstalling? Would that help clear up some misc, unused or extra data?
^honestly asking :)

Info is kept sever-side as far as I know, but graphics download and stay on our devices, right? Older accounts, more graphics?
Just asking to help me understand.

I don't think reinstalling helps much. But I noticed that my game works a lot better on a new device rather than my old ipad.

JamieF
03-02-2016, 12:01 AM
I also reinstalled the game and it didnt work out the way I hoped it would. All server call related taps you make are slow. For example, opening the Sextant Box icon takes between 8-10 seconds.

Noor
03-02-2016, 11:41 AM
I have the same issues with all my 3 accounts. Both high lvl acc and low lvl.
During war the lag lasted for a long time, then drained all my health, so one potion/refill gave me only 2/3 hits instead of the 4 you are supposed to get. This have been going on for a long time and it only gets worse. I am considering to stop refilling all the same because I really don't get what I pay for. This is extreemely annoying to say the least.
I also get server errors all the time now.

Zepson
03-03-2016, 06:57 AM
Not to mention the startup time of the game itself, this takes minutes to load.
Summoning a boss is a pain in the ass too.

Jnsolberg
03-15-2016, 01:23 PM
Gree, this problem is still going on. It's taking @ 45 seconds to get a hit in on a boss that you summon yourself. If someone else summons, you can get a hit on it in @ 30 seconds. This is very frustrating.

Want to open a box? Tap the box, get a spiny circle, after 10-15 seconds, you can try to open it, get another spiny circle for another 10-15 seconds

Battle list, go to a kingdom, go to guild chat, go to a map, raid a building, pretty much everything is taking and extra 10-15 seconds. Please get this fixed

JamieF
03-16-2016, 02:56 AM
Dont even mention jumping :mad:

Jnsolberg
03-17-2016, 05:30 AM
Still no relief in sight form these hated spiny circles.

Gree, don't be surprised if war scores are low again. At least we can save some money! Lmao

Jnsolberg
03-17-2016, 08:52 AM
This was sent to me by a fellow founder:

@Purple I've been stalking the GREE forum and read your piece on spiny (spinny?) circles and I think I have a solution. Revamp the Crafting Building to let us use all our low-level Army Units to Craft Citadel stuff. Infantry Units could become Militia, Magic Units Arcana, Beast to Trade and Machine to Levies. Also, our low-level Gear could all become Stones. That makes the Crafting Building relevant again and clears out a bunch of junk from our Inventories, which might reduce the load on the servers.

If this were implemented, Guilds could then decide for themselves if they wished to pursue such a Crafting process. That would, in turn, reinforce Guild participation or not as each group chose a course of action. It could even be turned into a gLTQ.

And finally, if this door were opened and we could help ourselves and the Big GREE's servers by reducing data bits in our accounts, there would be a dramatically reduced need to get Citadel stuff as prizes, making it possible to reward effort in those Events with Orbs.

And I still think the Citadel should somehow be reconfigured to eliminate Wall-building. To me, anyway, a citadel implies a building of strength and refuge. If the upper levels of Citadel expansion included some sort of Guild defense buff, Guilds could then choose to build as much (or as little) as they wanted in order to take advantage of increased Guild defense.

QueBall
03-17-2016, 09:45 AM
Agreed on the lag time. Deleting and reinstalling doesn't help. Players that have been around for years have thousand of units and equipment that don't make our inventories. If we were able to sell or kill these units [I]'m sure it would free up a ton of server space. If this were ever enacted though the problem I would see are the units and equipment that don't make inventories but still carry a bonus. Certainly wouldnt want to get rid of those and lose the bonus. Also players that have retired/ quit their profiles still exist on the servers. After a certain amount of time you may want to consider permanently removing them.

Jnsolberg
03-19-2016, 05:41 PM
Omg,
I get 5 hits on a refill, but it takes @ 100 seconds to make the 5 hits.

Please stop the spiny circles!

IPassButter
03-22-2016, 11:05 AM
We want the players to know that we are aware of this problem and are actively looking into a fix. Thank you for your patience.

Jnsolberg
05-05-2016, 08:43 AM
We want the players to know that we are aware of this problem and are actively looking into a fix. Thank you for your patience.

I thought this would get better with the KA update we had recently. It didn't.

I log into the game and immediately hit the box event icon, I still get spiny circles. We're still getting them with everything we do. Guild vault, battle list, travel to maps or kingdoms, etc, etc.

Shaianz
05-06-2016, 12:53 AM
It's actually worse now and for me the KA loading time is now so long that my iPads go to sleep...

rutty
05-06-2016, 02:31 AM
Very slow to load today. Poor

Metsrock9931
05-06-2016, 04:55 PM
Very slow to load today. Poor

Everyday! Every minute, hour.

Shadows
05-07-2016, 03:49 PM
It's getting worse...

Jnsolberg
05-07-2016, 03:59 PM
It's getting worse...

The ILTQ is almost unplayable. Very slow, and don't even think about opening an box or shaking to collect.

Gree please fix this now!

Jomama1
05-08-2016, 07:11 AM
It seems worst during the first hour when a new event is launched.

Koad
05-08-2016, 10:35 PM
It seems worst during the first hour when a new event is launched.

which is more than annoying for us EU players with events starting at midnight. Takes about half an hour to empty an energy bar.

GET THIS FIXED!!!

War player
05-09-2016, 05:27 PM
Lol. Seems worse since Gree said they were working on it.

Sim
05-10-2016, 02:13 AM
It was so bad at the start of Day 3 iLTQ. Vaulting after each level to get the next level to show took about 2 minutes. I am not joking or exaggerating. It's not my equipment as I am using an iPhone 6 over 802.11ac wifi. I have been playing since the start but this is probably the final straw, this game is so tedious.

Gree you are what Harald Karstark described Roose Bolton as...

JamieF
05-10-2016, 04:56 AM
GREE, i made some screencasts of the circles. You see what we mean, this is taking forever:

http://s32.postimg.org/w17y44cid/image.gif

http://s32.postimg.org/h2luyp5xx/maps.gif

http://s32.postimg.org/hn50vr7md/rb_loading.gif

IPassButter
05-10-2016, 10:41 AM
We are talking to our engineers about finding the cause and resolving this issue. Unfortunately this isn't something that can be easily solved but rest assured we have let our engineers know that this problem is a priority.

the_bob
05-13-2016, 10:38 PM
It's 10x worse today since the war started. Up to a minute and a half per attack I make.

Metsrock9931
05-14-2016, 11:02 AM
It's 10x worse today since the war started. Up to a minute and a half per attack I make.

No worries it's only been 2 months since they started to fix it. Give them some more time.

the_bob
05-15-2016, 02:52 PM
No worries it's only been 2 months since they started to fix it. Give them some more time.

Yea, things are measured in Greetime around here.

bumpyfunk
05-16-2016, 11:37 PM
I just got a brand new 128gb iPhone 6s Plus. Exactly the same 'wheel of death' as my old 5s.
Just opening the box quest page takes 5-6 seconds. On its own, not an issue. Compounded...terrible.

And don't get me STARTED on war!