PDA

View Full Version : iPad issues with new update

Corporal Punishment 2
02-28-2016, 03:39 PM
Having been locked out of the game on my iPad, I updated MW.

In WD, I attacked four people but my health didn't go down.

If I attack again, the spinner goes on forever. If I leave the app and go back in-game, my health is still full.

Anyone else have issues?

Corporal Punishment 2
02-28-2016, 04:17 PM
Health regen bonuses also not showing

Sharky259
02-28-2016, 04:25 PM
Same issue here when attacking in WD, health meter doesn't move and then spinner just spins and I have to exit the game to do anything.

Batchief
02-28-2016, 04:37 PM
A little different here. Health bar is empty. Tried refilling using health pack and gold. Tried shutting down and restarting. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling game. On I pad IOS. Put a ticket in. Not looking to good for us. Hightower, if you reading this forum, please help. It's only a 24 hour event! And I did not do any updates recently!

Batchief
02-28-2016, 04:48 PM
I tried to PM President Hightower. His board says not taking private messages. I think we are out of luck for this 24 hour event.

Agent Orange
02-28-2016, 05:55 PM
On my oldest player health bar is empty, when I go to refill it says health is full. If I try to hit anyone it says I am out of health.

I have not been able to make any hits with this player, do not think it is an iPad issue as I can use other linked accounts on this iPad theat do work.

****It IS an issue with my iPad! On the iPhone 6 account works.

WBS
02-28-2016, 06:01 PM
Can Gree please remove the new gold, cash icon? It is annoying in in the way.

Laurence1
02-28-2016, 07:14 PM
Same iPad does not work with health bar, but is fine on iPhone, wafu

Bob_55
02-28-2016, 07:53 PM
Same.. But you know they can't fixed it..

Siebe
02-29-2016, 03:20 AM
Same thing here. after a few moves and call-ups MW on the IPad chrases. Now in battle my health bar is empty. Tried refilling using health pack. Tried shutting down and restarting, even did a hard reset on the IPAD. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling game. On Ipad IOS latest.

Batchief
02-29-2016, 04:17 AM
Same thing here. after a few moves and call-ups MW on the IPad chrases. Now in battle my health bar is empty. Tried refilling using health pack. Tried shutting down and restarting, even did a hard reset on the IPAD. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling game. On Ipad IOS latest.

Tried updating the IOS system, that didn't help either. I'm dead in the water on this event!

Zepson
02-29-2016, 04:47 AM
Having been locked out of the game on my iPad, I updated MW.
In WD, I attacked four people but my health didn't go down.
If I attack again, the spinner goes on forever. If I leave the app and go back in-game, my health is still full.
Anyone else have issues?

Everybody has issues, only GREE does not.

Agent Orange
02-29-2016, 04:52 AM
Everybody has issues, only GREE does not.

Actually not true, if you can't play you can't spend so it would be in their best interest to fix it. But we all know they won't.

Zepson
02-29-2016, 07:00 AM
Actually not true, if you can't play you can't spend so it would be in their best interest to fix it. But we all know they won't.

So they will add an extra day to WD. They want your gold after all...

Batchief
02-29-2016, 07:43 AM

Can't spend if you don't have health. Extending the event won't get it! I just can't fathom how many rewards are lost, DEW to this software glitch. I think it started with a data push on 2/25 during the raid boss event. That's when I put in the first ticket.

Agent Orange
02-29-2016, 08:38 AM

It's irrelevent if you can't use it.... Right now the game is pretty much unplayable on all my IOS devices. WD completely unable to attack on the iPads and crashing/freezing/locking up on the iPhones.

Zepson
03-01-2016, 02:37 AM
It's irrelevent if you can't use it.... Right now the game is pretty much unplayable on all my IOS devices. WD completely unable to attack on the iPads and crashing/freezing/locking up on the iPhones.

I'm on ipad, I could attack but it took a minute per hit and the health bar remained full as a display error. After 4 hits game crashed.
Then had to restart game again. In short, I could do 4 hits every 7 minutes.
At this rate it was impossible to finish the goals that I otherwise would have (leaping quest).
Thought everyone had this issue (but it was only on ios apparently) and that's why I thought that they maybe would add an extra day.
I was wrong.

Bndawgs
03-01-2016, 07:40 AM
Gree was able to screw a lot of ios users out of that ultimate wrapper because they couldn't get the 850 wins in time. i would say it's working as they intended.

Vile Lynn
03-01-2016, 08:23 AM
I tried to PM President Hightower. His board says not taking private messages. I think we are out of luck for this 24 hour event.

I can get messages to the MW Team thru our mod chat app. Feel free to PM me, and I'll relay the message, post a thread link for them to check out, even if it's after GREEland hours.

CS tickets are a good way to let the team know about issues, too, but tickets take time to process.
The subject line is paramount! Vague subject lines make it difficult for the CS agent to know where to forward your ticket... which leads to funky replies and more delays... just saying.
Pretend like you're writing to your mom about MW: be specific, especially in the subj line, & try to be as kind as possible. CS agents probably don't play MW or any GREE game so they have no insight into what is going on.
Heh, CS ticket lesson over. Test is on Friday. ;)

The developers might not post much in player threads, but they do read them.

Agent Orange
03-01-2016, 08:43 AM
I can get messages to the MW Team thru our mod chat app. Feel free to PM me, and I'll relay the message, post a thread link for them to check out, even if it's after GREEland hours.

CS tickets are a good way to let the team know about issues, too, but tickets take time to process.
The subject line is paramount! Vague subject lines make it difficult for the CS agent to know where to forward your ticket... which leads to funky replies and more delays... just saying.
Pretend like you're writing to your mom about MW: be specific, especially in the subj line, & try to be as kind as possible. CS agents probably don't play MW or any GREE game so they have no insight into what is going on.

All good points, VL. I find the same thing when sending in tickets. The more specifics and information the better and the faster the reply. Granted things still don't always work out.

Fyi in terms of IOS issues. On our iPads my Health Bar was full the first time I tried to hit a rival, clicked and bar emptied completely. Thought OK did I hit a PA so tried to do a refill and even though the health bar was empty got a pop up saying that my health was full. After that point I was never able to use the iPads for WD for the rest of the event.

I was able to go through linking onto the iPhones and this fixed the issue but then the iPhones ran very slowly. I could do hits but besides the slowness they froze and/or crashed.

In the end I grabbed a blank SD card, loaded OSX and loaded Bluestacks and ran it on my MBP. That actually allowed me to do that last WD, but for those who don't have the time resources or the curiosity I'm sure they just said screw it.

Seems to me the servers have been severely throttled back or the data base running the game is starting to get corrupted and about to go boom big time.

[PM] President Hightower
03-01-2016, 09:58 AM
We have engineers currently assessing the issue. When it is complete, I will put up an announcement sticky on the General Forums.

Thank you!

Vile Lynn
03-01-2016, 10:06 AM
President Hightower;1552381']We have engineers currently assessing the issue. When it is complete, I will put up an announcement sticky on the General Forums.

Thank you!

Thanks! ;) Good luck!

Batchief
03-01-2016, 12:42 PM

I did not know you can get messages to the MW team. I will post to you in the future. Hopefully, I will not need to do that. Thanks again, also for the information that needs to be included.

Bambamgunz
03-01-2016, 12:56 PM
Are these updates and data pushes even tested?? Seems more like we'll try it and see what happens!!

Vile Lynn
03-01-2016, 01:07 PM
I did not know you can get messages to the MW team. I will post to you in the future. Hopefully, I will not need to do that. Thanks again, also for the information that needs to be included.

You're welcome! Always happy to help even if I have to be the messenger of bad news. The faster the team knows about an issue, the faster they can get to solving it. :)

Bambamgunz
03-01-2016, 03:23 PM
On ipad have to refill health with medi pack or gold on every boss cause says empty!!
So not fixed yet!!!
timer goes down to 10:44 then back up to 11:10 ,then repeats sequence!

[PM] President Hightower
03-01-2016, 03:41 PM
FYI, any screenshots and steps are very useful when handing them to the engineering team.

Agent Orange
03-01-2016, 03:45 PM
Beat the Elite is also broken on iPad.

Just sent a ticket, this may be specific to certain accounts.

The account that got locked out of the last WD with the health bar problem cannot hit the Beat the Elite boss. Error message pops up saying it is out of health. Yet on the same iPad a brand new account that is linked works so it appears to be not only iPad specific but also account specific.

Linking the broken account to the iPhone fixes the problem until the account is linked back on the iPad at which point it breaks again.

Bambamgunz
03-01-2016, 04:15 PM
UPDATE!!! Thank You,,it seems to be working now!!

data push let me hit boss then timer reset issue back..

Timer goes down to 10:44 then back up
To 11:10 and keeps repeating!!

Corporal Punishment 2
03-02-2016, 10:40 AM
All good points, VL. I find the same thing when sending in tickets. The more specifics and information the better and the faster the reply. Granted things still don't always work out.

Fyi in terms of IOS issues. On our iPads my Health Bar was full the first time I tried to hit a rival, clicked and bar emptied completely. Thought OK did I hit a PA so tried to do a refill and even though the health bar was empty got a pop up saying that my health was full. After that point I was never able to use the iPads for WD for the rest of the event.

I was able to go through linking onto the iPhones and this fixed the issue but then the iPhones ran very slowly. I could do hits but besides the slowness they froze and/or crashed.

In the end I grabbed a blank SD card, loaded OSX and loaded Bluestacks and ran it on my MBP. That actually allowed me to do that last WD, but for those who don't have the time resources or the curiosity I'm sure they just said screw it.

Seems to me the servers have been severely throttled back or the data base running the game is starting to get corrupted and about to go boom big time.

Agent Orange,

I'm interested in your experience of running MW under BlueStacks on a MacBook Pro.

iOS users are at a serious disadvantage compared to Android users due to the video glitch/fraud/problem/snafu.

I ran BlueStacks on an (admittedly old) Dell PC and it was unstable to say the least. Is it better now? Will the extra power of the MBP make it useable?

All advice/feedback gratefully received.

Agent Orange
03-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Agent Orange,

I'm interested in your experience of running MW under BlueStacks on a MacBook Pro.

iOS users are at a serious disadvantage compared to Android users due to the video glitch/fraud/problem/snafu.

I ran BlueStacks on an (admittedly old) Dell PC and it was unstable to say the least. Is it better now? Will the extra power of the MBP make it useable?

All advice/feedback gratefully received.

Hi, the current release of Bluestacks for OSXworks though you need to be running 10.9 Mavericks or better. I'm using Mavericks loaded on a Class 10 32GB SD card which I boot from. The MBP is a quad core I7 with 16GB of ram. MW is actually a lot faster then on the iPhones and iPads but with the speed comes a problem with accidental clicks especially after you get used to the glacial pace that the game plays it on IOS. I have not tried free gold actually but it should work since all the menues etc are Android not IOS. Scrolling can be a PITA though but if that's all you got...

I also set up Bluestacks on an HP core I7 Elitebook with 16GB of ram and 512GB SSD running Windows 10. Again blazing fast same other side effects though but again a good doomsday setup.

But I set these up mainly as a backup to my IOS and Android linked accounts since the real hardware has been prone in the past to lockouts. Potential downside is Bluestacks support can be flakey, for a while they discontinued OSX support and it's a question if at some point it goes away again. Also in the past gree appeared to lock out those on Bluestacks with a couple of upgrades.

On the PC side it can be really hit and miss with your video drivers. Dell's are a mixed bag of hell, HP seems slightly better. My gut feeling is that the more mainstream the card the better. CPU was, I've gone as low as a P4 but honestly it's so slooooow that it isn't worth it. Bare mimimum would be a Core 2 Duo though i5 would be a lot better. A SSD also makes a world of difference.

Hope that helped.

Corporal Punishment 2
03-03-2016, 01:15 PM
It did thanks. And so far so good.

Oh and free gold is working.

Bob_55
03-11-2016, 07:46 AM
Your Game are unstable, unplayable.. Get kicked all the time.. Can you fixed your game.. IOS..