PDA

View Full Version : False advertising? Cynical practise?

Corporal Punishment 2
02-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Last August, I sent GREE a ticket telling them that videos for free gold had ceased, and that the ones in the offers section weren't paying out as promised.

I was told that GREE had "discovered that a third-party ad provider contained an exploit that resulted in some players being rewarded extra gold from videos" and that until the third-party company fixes their issue, they would not have video ads on iOS.

Six months later the situation has not changed.

From a gaming point of view, this puts iOS players at a serious disadvantage. Android users report 30 videos / gold bars per day - that's 900 bars a month or 5,400 bars since my email. More iOS members of my faction have quit the game in this period than Android users. Coincidence? I doubt it.

I suggested that GREE either fix the problem - surely it can't be that hard to suspend the third-party provider until they fix their "issue" - and/or suspend videos on both platforms until they do.

But GREE have done nothing. The offers are still advertised in-game and free gold is promised yet never delivered. I can't help wondering how many people are still trying to get the promised bullion and how many more users MW will have to lose before anything is done about it.

Surely GREE isn't milking the situation while it lasts; surely it is making every effort to fix this as a matter of urgency.

Anything less would be amoral, unscrupulous and possibly illegal in some countries.

Bndawgs
02-25-2016, 02:53 PM
well, you can thank your fellow ios users for exploiting the glitch. not really gree's fault this time around.

although, typically they've always catered to the ios users over android.

Corporal Punishment 2
02-25-2016, 03:01 PM
I don't know what the glitch is nor do I want to. I'm not saying those that used it haven't spoiled it for the rest. I'm saying GREE does have a responsibility to make the playing field level-ish.

When the discovered the airplane mode glitch they jumped on it. This one they haven't.

As soon as they discovered it they should have stopped it - not keep advertising free gold and making money without delivering.

Bndawgs
02-25-2016, 03:03 PM
originally, i thought this thread was about all the false advertising gree did with the boost units not stacking and not mentioning it anywhere in game.

Vile Lynn
02-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Doesn't the 3rd party have to fix the exploited glitch on their end?

GREE is probably losing out on revenue, too.

WBS
02-25-2016, 03:30 PM
Gree shoddy be advertising free gold if we can't actually get the free gold. Gree has the responsibility to be honest about what can or can't be received. I was screwed out of gold by Gree with the response that I received the gold but yet I never did. So I believe that Gree is advertising falseness even though it may be on third party's side. All Gree has to do is take away the ad or icon that tells us we get free gold.

Corporal Punishment 2
02-25-2016, 03:36 PM
Doesn't the 3rd party have to fix the exploited glitch on their end?

GREE is probably losing out on revenue, too.

I suspect that they get paid whenever someone taps to watch a video. Why else would they not suspend them?

Brown Out
02-25-2016, 05:37 PM
Gratata! Swag b....

Tinker
02-25-2016, 08:15 PM
well, you can thank your fellow ios users for exploiting the glitch. not really gree's fault this time around.

although, typically they've always catered to the ios users over android.

The base price for 1,500 gold is:
iOS=$139.99, Android=$100.96 (Canadian dollars)
If this is catering to iOS users I sure wouldn't want to see what abuse looks like.

Bndawgs
02-26-2016, 05:49 AM
The base price for 1,500 gold is:
iOS=$139.99, Android=$100.96 (Canadian dollars)
If this is catering to iOS users I sure wouldn't want to see what abuse looks like.

ios users should be used to overpaying for stuff compared to droid. lol