PDA

View Full Version : Speed [N]: Dire Rescue final prize deception

& The Horse U Rode In On
02-25-2016, 08:28 AM
The prize for completion of the Speed [N]: Dire Rescue was advertised in a splash screen as the Rescue Wizard 86.6m/75.5m and a +4% air attack bonus.7680

This was confirmed by checking the individual goal tabs for completing the Speed [N] quest indicating it would be completed when 10/10 of the normal level was finished. No other goals were listed
However, when I completed it and realized I never saw the splash screen for the Rescue Wizard prize, I went back to the individual goals tab only to discover an additional 8 hours and the entire prestige level added to the quest!7681
THIS IS NOT WHAT WAS ADVERTISED!

andy2
02-25-2016, 08:57 AM
There is 2 goals to Speed [N].

Speed [N] 1/2 - Requires that you Complete Normal 10/10 in time.
Speed [N] 2/2 - Requires that you Complete Normal 10/10 AND Prestige 10/10 in time.

The Prestige and master goals are very similar as well.

Speed [P] 1/2 - Requires that you Complete Prestige 10/10 in time.
Speed [P] 2/2 - Requires that you Complete Prestige 10/10 AND Master 15/15 in time.

Speed [M] 1/2 - Requires that you Complete Master 15/15 in time.
Speed [M] 2/2 - Requires that you ALL Normal, Prestige AND Master in time.

When the screenshot you show says 'all parts' it means 2/2. I admit it can be confusing, but the goals have actually been set up this way for quite sometime.

& The Horse U Rode In On
02-25-2016, 11:09 AM
When the screenshot you show says 'all parts' it means 2/2.

Then you have to show me all parts of the requirements up front. The 2nd set of goals didn't become visible until the 1st was complete. You don't go to a store to buy an item at an advertised price only to get to the register and find out that price requires another purchase. That isn't the way fair advertising works in the retail world.

Sorry I did not know that this has been the case for a while. I haven't played for almost a year but I was bored at work. Back to ignoring MW

WBS
02-25-2016, 01:16 PM
Then you have to show me all parts of the requirements up front. The 2nd set of goals didn't become visible until the 1st was complete. You don't go to a store to buy an item at an advertised price only to get to the register and find out that price requires another purchase. That isn't the way fair advertising works in the retail world.

Sorry I did not know that this has been the case for a while. I haven't played for almost a year but I was bored at work. Back to ignoring MW

It's gree's way of screwing you over, they lack transparency.

Edbl79
02-25-2016, 06:05 PM
I assume you didn't just start playing and perhaps this is the first time you noticed or received that particular splash screen? There are many things wrong with the game and while this might be one it is nothing new. The speed goals for this type of event show that there are two parts when the event starts and part 1 of 2 for completing normal was a different prize then that splash screen. I won't dispute that. But is very clear that there are 2 parts to completing speed in this case and for this type of speed event it has always been required that you finish normal first to close out part 1 of 2 for the normal speed goal and then have to complete prestige for part 2 of the normal speed goal. Prestige and masters speed goals function in the same manner. Does it make sense, probably not but its not new either.

No One Special
02-25-2016, 06:10 PM
Be smart, go do ultimate and get what it says, rather then get a run around.

Are you people new?

Expecting a fine print clause?

(HOWLS)