PDA

View Full Version : RIP Forum

Robespierre
02-24-2016, 10:46 PM
Jeez. I miss the forum of old with the passionate discussions. Nobody seems to care anymore.

It's like the Nothing in the Neverending Story...

robmurphy
02-25-2016, 01:36 AM
Jeez. I miss the forum of old with the passionate discussions. Nobody seems to care anymore.

It's like the Nothing in the Neverending Story...

IMHO, the forum is dead because of the handful of people who think they are witty and clever and post nothing but inane, childish drivel. How do those posts help?

The same with people who do nothing but whinge and whine about the problems with the game. We all know there are issues with the game, but some of us still love it. This constant negativity doesn't help anyone.

There are some of us who have played this game for many years at fairly high level who know pretty much all there is to know about the game and would be happy to pass on that information, but I/we just don't bother because of the idiots who seemingly can't leave the game they purport to hate.

If this forum is to return to it's intended purpose (i.e. helping fellow gamers), then the boring, pointless has-been's need to simply go away.

That of course will never happen. So let the forum die peacefully. Everything you need to know about the game can be found in several excellent GroupMe rooms.

sstuutss
02-25-2016, 04:55 AM
IMHO, the forum is dead because of the handful of people who think they are witty and clever and post nothing but inane, childish drivel. How do those posts help?

The same with people who do nothing but whinge and whine about the problems with the game. We all know there are issues with the game, but some of us still love it. This constant negativity doesn't help anyone.

There are some of us who have played this game for many years at fairly high level who know pretty much all there is to know about the game and would be happy to pass on that information, but I/we just don't bother because of the idiots who seemingly can't leave the game they purport to hate.

If this forum is to return to it's intended purpose (i.e. helping fellow gamers), then the boring, pointless has-been's need to simply go away.

That of course will never happen. So let the forum die peacefully. Everything you need to know about the game can be found in several excellent GroupMe rooms.
From a guy that is happy to call all that disagree with him idots.....hmmmmmm interesting

robmurphy
02-25-2016, 05:11 AM
From a guy that is happy to call all that disagree with him idots.....hmmmmmm interesting

Quite the contrary. I agree that there are many faults with the game, I'm simply making the point that continually whinging about them is not constructive.

And I stand by my statement of "inane, childish drivel". We all know the people I am referring to. It is my assertion that it is those people who have killed the forum. Most days I give people advice and help in the GM rooms, I don't here because of those people who I refer to as idiots simply ruin most threads with their banality.

J-manKometh96
02-25-2016, 06:10 AM
Who exactly would you pass on that information to? Everyone that already knows the same things? The state of the forum exists because there is nothing new to share, so it becomes that inane childish drivel you despise.

robmurphy
02-25-2016, 06:15 AM
Who exactly would you pass on that information to? Everyone that already knows the same things? The state of the forum exists because there is nothing new to share, so it becomes that inane childish drivel you despise.

QED.......

Vercingetorix
02-25-2016, 10:30 AM
Thank you, I actually learned something today, in part due to this forum and in part due to urban dictionary. I'm not afraid to admit I had to google QED.

crazeejay
02-25-2016, 10:52 AM
Thank you, I actually learned something today, in part due to this forum and in part due to urban dictionary. I'm not afraid to admit I had to google QED.

Haha same here

Nick416
02-25-2016, 12:26 PM
I would like to see information posted that would help you know what you get for each level they used to post useful stuff

WBS
02-25-2016, 01:14 PM

I am more likely me of the idiots you talk about. I used to love this game, I lead a great group f friends that I still at with and have been around since before factions. I put too much time in effort into this game to go away quietly. When you see a company continually screwing over a game that has pushed myself and many others away it doesn't leave a good taste. I still play hoping it will change and also to see what kind of screw ups they will come up with next. You may say that posting the issues here as a bad thing but where else do we go to show others and try to get answers, you guessed it, here! Submitting tickets does not work, the last 4-5 tickets I sent in were not resolved even after they told me it was. So I don't hitherto send tickets in.

And please tell me what information is there to pass on? If you say group me is your avenue of getting info why do you come here? Is it not fair for us to tell new players what they are getting into? I'll gladly help anyone that has questions, and helping also means being honest about the risks of spending real money in this game.

sstuutss
02-25-2016, 01:52 PM
Quite the contrary. I agree that there are many faults with the game, I'm simply making the point that continually whinging about them is not constructive.

And I stand by my statement of "inane, childish drivel". We all know the people I am referring to. It is my assertion that it is those people who have killed the forum. Most days I give people advice and help in the GM rooms, I don't here because of those people who I refer to as idiots simply ruin most threads with their banality.

You seem to have missed the point. You should work for Gree they often miss the point..
But you keep thinking your happy thoughts, everything here is running 100% happy time here.
Someone has to keep spending to keep the lights on. I have a name for those people, want to hear it?

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-25-2016, 02:09 PM
My 9 year old grandson, Lil Bubba, plays many online amd xBox type games with his peers.
I've watched the kids play at my son's home.
He has what he calls, My Kid Cave.
Those little guys and girls never ask what to do, how to play, or any other question.
They have good, clean fun.
They even have their own code of gameplay - do's and don'ts.
It works without a forum.
If their consensus is not to like a game, they don't play the game.
The only money they shell out is for the xBox and PlayStation game rentals from GamePlay.
They never drop so much as a dime for any online game.
They have their cute kiddie name for spending money on online games.
I've taught those kids a couple things, but I've learned a far greater lesson from observing them.

DragCro
02-28-2016, 03:23 PM
The forum is terrible because of some players that post here non stop with a hate for the game and players,from a grammar corrections till trolling members.This here is international forum people,that means that you have players from around the world that post here in good or bad grammar,depends where they live and if the english language is at their school available for learning.Either way it is not good when someone wants to be a "smartass" and attacks those players.That is one of the reasons why normal players and helpful players do not post in forum.

montecore
02-28-2016, 04:10 PM
The forum is terrible because of some players that post here non stop with a hate for the game and players,from a grammar corrections till trolling members.This here is international forum people,that means that you have players from around the world that post here in good or bad grammar,depends where they live and if the english language is at their school available for learning.Either way it is not good when someone wants to be a "smartass" and attacks those players.That is one of the reasons why normal players and helpful players do not post in forum.

I wish I could have read this before you edited it. I totally agree with you. I think the smartasses and trolls need to crawl back under their rocks.

Dirty Larry
02-28-2016, 04:33 PM
My 9 year old grandson, Lil Bubba, plays many online amd xBox type games with his peers.
I've watched the kids play at my son's home.
He has what he calls, My Kid Cave.
Those little guys and girls never ask what to do, how to play, or any other question.
They have good, clean fun.
They even have their own code of gameplay - do's and don'ts.
It works without a forum.
If their consensus is not to like a game, they don't play the game.
The only money they shell out is for the xBox and PlayStation game rentals from GamePlay.
They never drop so much as a dime for any online game.
They have their cute kiddie name for spending money on online games.
I've taught those kids a couple things, but I've learned a far greater lesson from observing them.

This is a heartwarming story. I wish I had a lil bubba myself, but I am without seed.

WBS
02-28-2016, 06:07 PM
I haven't seen anyone making fun of bad English from posters here in forum. The attitude of posters is relevant to the quality of the game. If Gree tested their events and product and it was mostly glitch free no one would rarely have a problem. But when we see consistent lack of quality and problems of course players will speak up. I want the game to be fixed, but I'm not holding on for much longer, I'm sure there are many others that feel the same way.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-28-2016, 06:25 PM
This is a heartwarming story. I wish I had a lil bubba myself, but I am without seed.

That's very nice of you to say, thank you.
Grandkids are like rent-a-kids. LOL
You take the little fellas or gals to fish, to a circus, a movie, or just take a walk in the park.
Then you turn them back in to the rental company, your kids.LOL
Being a mom or a dad is hard work, being a grandparent is just a great deal of fun, filled with love.
Why couldn't your kids just be your grandkids? LOL

Not to worry about the seed, mate, you can be an uncle, a big cousin, or even a volunteer big brother.

good gawd noooo
03-04-2016, 03:46 PM
i think that a game thats been around as long as this one is bound to have haters(as I am actually one quit playing months ago) and I agree this forum is supposed to be helpful to newbies and long time players as well. there has always been trolls as many refer to them and for some that is part of the amusement In the forum. The real problems tends to be with egos that think only their opinions matter.. this is a multi national game with many different races and religions sharing these pages. I still occasionally talk to my friends that still play in groupme and it now makes me laugh when I hear the same ole issues popping up over and over. this game has lasted this long cause players love it . Yes to advance it cost money and imho its a waste but that doesn't mean others cant make that choice for themselves. a step back to people posting helpful info and maybe having mods and others ensuring players concerns get answered in timely manner would greatly improve the feeling in forum. but forum members dogging each other and their opinion isn't gonna help anything. if you feel their wrong you can express your thoughts without offending others.... anyway that's my lil ramble have fun I am going back to obscurity

Speed ump
03-14-2016, 03:50 PM
Rob, I think those drivelers showed up, I will name them for you. The hate club. Hey wbs, I know you used to make fun of my improper spellings and punctuation, please refer to your first post in this thread. Isn't it nice having the old crew back together again, you, dew, stuts, etc. like semi old times.

Rolinz
03-14-2016, 08:17 PM
I find the INTEL Chat Rooms in GroupMe to be more helpful than this forum!

Drama and hate and useless chatter will get you booted from the rooms.

Just sharing info on the game is the main purpose of the rooms.

Much more positive attitude, just my opinion.

Vile Lynn
03-15-2016, 10:17 AM
I find the INTEL Chat Rooms in GroupMe to be more helpful than this forum!

Drama and hate and useless chatter will get you booted from the rooms.

Just sharing info on the game is the main purpose of the rooms.

Much more positive attitude, just my opinion.

How is this forum different?

:confused:

Show your positive attitude here! ;)

HellRaizer
03-15-2016, 01:39 PM
How is this forum different?

:confused:

Show your positive attitude here! ;)

this lol --

Dear HellRaizer,

You have received an infraction at GREE Forum.

Reason: Piracy & Refund Discussion or Advocacy
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post: [removed]

All the best,
GREE Forum

WBS
03-15-2016, 02:06 PM
Rob, I think those drivelers showed up, I will name them for you. The hate club. Hey wbs, I know you used to make fun of my improper spellings and punctuation, please refer to your first post in this thread. Isn't it nice having the old crew back together again, you, dew, stuts, etc. like semi old times.

I am positive I never made any critical statements over your spelling Speed. And again if you actually read my first post in this thread I said nothing about grammar or spelling. You would know that if you actually read instead of falsely accusing;)

I am pretty sure we kicked you out of the crew for lies though. That wasn't a nice thing to as we know what a merge is. But I do miss the good old times of bantering and discussion. It's too bad that Gree has messed the game up to the point that it is hard to play anymore with the lag, glitches, and game crashing.

WBS
03-15-2016, 02:08 PM
this lol --

Did you actually message me? Lol I was being sarcastic but i never received a message.

Vile Lynn
03-15-2016, 02:31 PM
HR, you of all people should know how GREE feels about "Piracy & Refund Discussion or Advocacy" on the forum.
Posting about it will almost certainly result in an infraction and the post edited or deleted, but you know this.

HellRaizer
03-15-2016, 03:39 PM
HR, you of all people should know how GREE feels about "Piracy & Refund Discussion or Advocacy" on the forum.
Posting about it will almost certainly result in an infraction and the post edited or deleted, but you know this.

Just giving people the ability to report the issue to Google or Apple.. Should they chose to seek a refund, that's their choice :).

But I've nothing to lose. I'm just "trolling" like Brown Out does pmsl