PDA

View Full Version : How Crate events should be

Pidgeot
02-23-2016, 12:17 AM
This is free advice GREE on how to make this event more enjoyable. There is a Pokemon called Lugia and it does this thing where it learns a new attack every 11 levels. It rewarding because you can always expect something all the way up to Lv, 100! What I suggest is you take a note from this beast.

First of all, increase the drop rate of the crates. A NPC with 10 energy should drop one 50% of the time. You want people to get these for the reworking of the event. The 'New' Crate event now becomes a collect 100 event! Hear me out here. You guys ran a collect 75 event that wasn't even a leader-board event so for this event, everyone has to collect 100 tokens. The catch here is ALL crate opens are 100% and they open it with cash. There is no free option. The number is up to you but I expect it to be fair. The crate still has a 1 hour timer. To reset the timer, its now 20 gold. To recap, there is no longer a Free option. The cash open is 100%. Cool down is 1 Hour and timer reset is 20 gold. This sounds fair right?

Since the new crate format, no one can get to 25 or whatever you guys set anymore so the same would be true for this. For a standard 4 day crate event, there are a total of 96 possible opens, assuming someone catches every single hour - which lets be real, isn't going to happen.

For the Ultimate goal (since these are already huge to begin with), they can keep their current 1/10 format. Instead of awarding them every 3 tokens or so, they now become every 10 you collect. Example;

1/10 Collect 10 <token> to obtain the "Unit Name Here"
2/10 Collect 20 <token> to obtain the "Unit Name Here"
ect.

For the collect 10 unit goals, you can have fun with this! For the collection goal, make it to where you can 'earn' units you want to collect by collecting tokens. Just like the 100 tokens that need to be collected, tie a goal with it. Every 9 tokens you collect, you get a crate unit needed for the goal that could randomly drop from the crate, with every 10 tokens you collect, awards you with a token. naturally you'll have to change it to collect 10 crate units now. This shouldn't be an issue since Crime City has to collect 11. An example;

1/20 Collect 9 Token and get the "What ever unit 1 is on the collect goal>
2/20 Collect 10 Token and get a free <Token>
19/20 Collect 99 Token and get the "What ever unit 10 is on the collect goal>
20/20 Collect 100 Token and get a Boost Unit

This way, if the player happens to get bad RNG and they spend to get this far, you award them with the 10 units they would normally collect just for finishing up to 19/20. It removes the stress of the player and makes it feel less like a gamble. Because of this, they can also finish the collect 10 units goal just by having good RNG.

For the collect 10 units, just keep it the same way, just you give the players a few more options.

NOW, for the last part, this is a show of good will for the players. During the last 12 hours of the event, put ALL 10 of the crate units in the store under the special tab so players who don't have super deep pockets can still maybe finish the goal. Cost in gold is up to you but I suggest something 2 gold for unit one up to 20 gold for unit 10 or you can do like 4 to 40 - again, completely up to you. Also, sell the tokens in the store as well (Max 100) for like 10 gold each or 1 million valor... Maybe both. You have options here.

To offset this to prevent abuse, you can set a Speed goal where the player has to collect all 100 in say, 72 hours and since you guys like to 'give a challenge', you can set a 48 hour goal as well. For the collect 10 units, you can have goals where you need to collect more than the normal one of each to finish. Do the 1/3 goal again for the collect 10 units.

I say give it a try and see what happens. People may like it and if they do, make it the standard format. If not, then change it back.

J-manKometh96
02-23-2016, 01:24 AM
You lost them at "makes it feel like less of a gamble." It's that addiction they feed on.

rutty
02-23-2016, 04:04 AM
I like this idea. Crate events have always been pretty dull, and having constant rewards in units would be a good incentive

HGF69
02-23-2016, 04:12 AM
I never do crate events anymore, in fact hardly do LTQs either now.

Stellaman
02-23-2016, 11:03 PM
This thread is mis-leading. I believe it is meant to refer to lockbox, not crates.

Pidgeot
02-23-2016, 11:31 PM
I've always called them crates.

WBS
02-24-2016, 08:10 AM
I have always called them crates to. Semantics.

plavine
02-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Great idea - it'll never happen