PDA

View Full Version : Street Assault Leaderboard Freeze and Prizing Issue ???

cajunman
02-19-2016, 10:18 AM
so back on the January 25 SA event Gree admitted there was an error and that the leaderboard froze and that the correct prizes were to be handed out.

So Ostomachion said it would be fixed, I haven't seen anything yet, so maybe Gree or a forum moderator can tell us when this will be solved.

Hopefully before accomplices are sorted out

Vile Lynn
02-19-2016, 10:27 AM
I was just wondering about this! I'd like to know, too.

I'll ask...

Edit: I asked :)

Vile Lynn
02-22-2016, 05:05 PM
so back on the January 25 SA event Gree admitted there was an error and that the leaderboard froze and that the correct prizes were to be handed out.

So Ostomachion said it would be fixed, I haven't seen anything yet, so maybe Gree or a forum moderator can tell us when this will be solved.

Hopefully before accomplices are sorted out

Update!

I was told that the SA LB was corrected and the units for the corrected ranks were awarded in game.
There was not a new pop-up.

cajunman
02-23-2016, 08:55 AM
how would we know if we got the correct prize or not?

I don't keep screen shots of prizes to be awarded from Gree screw ups and what if someone changed teams while they were making the fix, what price would you get?

Update!

I was told that the SA LB was corrected and the units for the corrected ranks were awarded in game.
There was not a new pop-up.

Vile Lynn
02-23-2016, 09:53 AM
how would we know if we got the correct prize or not?

I don't keep screen shots of prizes to be awarded from Gree screw ups and what if someone changed teams while they were making the fix, what price would you get?

Well, it's one of those things... If one really cares about it, they'll keep track of everything. (I'm not saying you don't care.)

Personally, I would rather just believe GREE did the right thing and not bother checking thru my invemtory for rewards. My ignorance is bliss. :)
I don't mean to sound apathetic, but I play for the fun of it, and one unit isn't gonna make or break me.

Since we don't know our actual final rank, it would be hard to contest it anyway. The LB froze us at rank 122. Usually, we place T100. I would expect to see the T100 reward in my inventory, but maybe we placed 101, idk.

About changing syndicates after any event, they know who was in what syndicate during the event. Rewards are issued from that snapshot, so changing syndicates afterwards shouldn't be an issue. They know players move around a lot when syndicates are open.

If anybody has screen shots of that SA's rewards, please post!
I might look thru my inventory if I knew what the rewards were.

Evan1000
02-23-2016, 11:53 AM
Just another example of how wonderfully GREE handles situations. We don't know our true ranking, and we are left wondering if we even got the correct prizes for it.

Obviously, a frozen leaderboard would affect ranking regardless. Teams don't know what rank they are, don't know if they need to push more or if they even push at all, so half the teams will push extra hard and waste gold, and the other half won't push at all and their true ranking will suffer.

What they should've done; they should've been on this issue the second they saw a ticket saying leaderboards were frozen. They should've sent out a new splash screen with actual rankings (or posted a winner's list here on the forum), given everyone their correct prizes + 1 up for the screw up like they did a while back, and apologized publicly on the forum. Instead, they screw teams over and made their players unhappy. That's no way to run a phone app. Players are here to have fun, not worry about stupid prizes. But sadly, thanks to GREE's wonderful decisions, that's how it is.

Gg, GREE.

Vile Lynn
02-23-2016, 04:36 PM
Obviously, ...
Obviously.

Evan1000
02-23-2016, 05:40 PM
Obviously.

It isn't?

*extras*

montecore
02-23-2016, 11:11 PM
Well, it's one of those things... If one really cares about it, they'll keep track of everything. (I'm not saying you don't care.)

Personally, I would rather just believe GREE did the right thing and not bother checking thru my invemtory for rewards. My ignorance is bliss. :)
I don't mean to sound apathetic, but I play for the fun of it, and one unit isn't gonna make or break me.

Since we don't know our actual final rank, it would be hard to contest it anyway. The LB froze us at rank 122. Usually, we place T100. I would expect to see the T100 reward in my inventory, but maybe we placed 101, idk.

About changing syndicates after any event, they know who was in what syndicate during the event. Rewards are issued from that snapshot, so changing syndicates afterwards shouldn't be an issue. They know players move around a lot when syndicates are open.

If anybody has screen shots of that SA's rewards, please post!
I might look thru my inventory if I knew what the rewards were.

I do agree that the game is less frustrating when you don't check your prizes and just assume Gree does the right thing via blind faith.