PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with the lag?!

Toby_Bear
02-18-2016, 04:25 PM
Christ I feel like I'm playing this game with something other than an iPad pro! How bout starting with the removal of the mothereffin unspeakable NPC's that have not been used in months along with the snowblind NPC's then it will clear up some of this crap. Get it together FFS and show some damn pride in what you do!

Xyranthios
02-18-2016, 04:34 PM
The game is close to unplayable now for me. Have to wait a good 30 secs for most of the pop-ups. Frontline especially, the whole event is just a lag fest.

Jg48
02-18-2016, 05:44 PM
You just need to link your account to an android. Plus then you can get free gold.

carlos spicey weener
02-18-2016, 05:48 PM
When is Modern Freezing Lagging Crashing War gonna get fixed?

Agent Orange
02-18-2016, 08:01 PM
You just need to link your account to an android. Plus then you can get free gold.

Android is no better, still have npcs swarming your targets and to make matters worse tapping is so flippin inaccurate even if you get a clear shot the game hits the wrong target.

sbs2716g
02-18-2016, 08:09 PM
have a iphone 6... the lagging is not there.. .but another account on iphone 4s is lagging seriously.. each hit on LTQ target is slow and the goals came up very slowly... a hit in WD took around 30sec at least..... FL deploy is also lagging.... is it due to phone issue or server issue?

rutty
02-19-2016, 01:36 AM
I've got an iPhone 6 and it lags on my own map on occasion. It's certainly a bit hit and miss with performance.

Sheldor Sir
02-19-2016, 02:34 AM
the energy bar is another huge issue sometimes it goes down other times it goes up! I did to 6/20 and it didn't move then it started going down got to 9/20 started using refills from rainy day stock and game had complete hissy fit with pop ups errors and eventually crashed, killed app in background of 5s and it then took 3 restarts to actually get to a map

WBS
02-19-2016, 05:19 AM
the energy bar is another huge issue sometimes it goes down other times it goes up! I did to 6/20 and it didn't move then it started going down got to 9/20 started using refills from rainy day stock and game had complete hissy fit with pop ups errors and eventually crashed, killed app in background of 5s and it then took 3 restarts to actually get to a map

Same thing happens on my iphone6. The energy bar doesn't move so I can never accurately tell how much energy is left. So I tap until the get more energy screen pops up.

Corporal Punishment 2
02-19-2016, 10:22 AM
iPhone 5 is slowing down. iPad is already slow and due to bad/cynical game design the lag increases the risk of accidental gold use - the only way to prevent this is to not have any gold.
On my iPhone 4, the game is practically unplayable: everything is excruciatingly slow; in LTQs if you hit an NPC more than once, the game crashes and the only way of completing an action (eg hit on EB) is to wait for the phone to go to sleep. Nine times out of ten, when I wake it up the action has completed.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-19-2016, 10:50 AM
Lag is love.
Latency is luscious.
THEGREE is THEGREATEST.
DEW enjoy the latest offerings of THEGREE.
Remember, THEGREE solicits your custom.

elangomatt
02-19-2016, 11:10 PM
The game is almost unplayable on my iPad 2 now too. It crashes a lot now and it just got worse after the last "update". It crashes when I scroll through the WD targets list sometimes, other times I can get a few hits in on an LTQ before crashing. I can always tell when I get a double/triple hit because the game pauses for 30-60 seconds each time like it is trying to decide if it really wants to allow me to get the hit in. Sometimes it says no and crashes there too. I never thought I'd prefer it but I mostly play on my Android phone now.

TL;DR MW crashes doing almost anything on an iPad 2

Agent Orange
02-20-2016, 06:03 AM
Our iPad 2 is doing the same things even with 2gb free. Thought it might have been because it got up to only 900mb free but nuked MW and reinstalled and even fresh installs kill it. It's probably tied to all the unused crap floating around such as npc's and overflowing bases. But whatever it is the game is starting to become pretty unplayable with all the session connection issues which is plaguing all our IOS devices from the iPad 2 up through iPhone 6.

Could be combined with the last IOS update as Apple seems to be dropping the ball as well.

Batchief
02-21-2016, 07:42 AM
Our iPad 2 is doing the same things even with 2gb free. Thought it might have been because it got up to only 900mb free but nuked MW and reinstalled and even fresh installs kill it. It's probably tied to all the unused crap floating around such as npc's and overflowing bases. But whatever it is the game is starting to become pretty unplayable with all the session connection issues which is plaguing all our IOS devices from the iPad 2 up through iPhone 6.

Could be combined with the last IOS update as Apple seems to be dropping the ball as well.
Same problem here AO. Afraid to delete app and re-install. Might never get back in.

Agent Orange
02-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Same problem here AO. Afraid to delete app and re-install. Might never get back in.

Good reason not to Batchief, gree has been known to screw up updates. I have my games linked across multiple IOS and Android devices for that very reason and never update them all at the same time and yet after doing a reinstall I always wonder if it worked.

I want to suggest Bluestacks but that has been cut off in the past as well.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-21-2016, 08:51 AM

Two weeks clean and sober today.
What a wonderful world when you kick those primates off your back.
If you're struggling, there is help for you.
It wasn't easy, and I had lots of work todo, delete, remove the stench, live a new life. LOL

thescondo
02-21-2016, 04:11 PM
It wasn't easy, and I had lots of work todo, delete, remove the stench, live a new life. LOL

2.5 days for me my friend - 4 years though I ride it to the end - could not be happier!

Agent Orange
02-22-2016, 05:51 AM

Good work Dew! I guess it's the news guy still in me, you know watching car crashes and train wrecks….. morbid curiosity sets in….. it's pretty amazing that they have held on this long.

WBS
02-22-2016, 08:06 AM
Good work Dew! I guess it's the news guy still in me, you know watching car crashes and train wrecks….. morbid curiosity sets in….. it's pretty amazing that they have held on this long.

I find it more interesting to keep in the game to see what news crew up they are going to come up with next. I don't play competitively anymore, that part of my gaming has moved onto clash of clans.

Xela
02-22-2016, 04:20 PM
WTF is up with the lagging, freezing and crashing?

levelhead
02-22-2016, 04:27 PM
I'm one day that I have not logged on lol but there is a point when enough is enough. I'm surprised I never left years ago when I could not get my account back after changing phones. That was a warning sign then, just how messed up the game was. Least one good thing come out of this, I made some great friends. ;)

WBS
02-23-2016, 04:59 AM
I'm one day that I have not logged on lol but there is a point when enough is enough. I'm surprised I never left years ago when I could not get my account back after changing phones. That was a warning sign then, just how messed up the game was. Least one good thing come out of this, I made some great friends. ;)

I started a lab in COC where many of us moved to continue gaming together.

Zepson
02-23-2016, 07:16 AM
Game is unplayable and yet we all keep on playing.

DEWIN NUTTIN
02-23-2016, 07:49 AM

Thanks, I understand the attraction.
It's like watching a movie, even a bad one, you just want to know EXACTLY how it ends.
I'm curious, but I don't need to experience what we've endured for years to understand this thing.
That said, no one needs to defend their position to me.
I get it.
Like most of us, we've always gotten it.
Today I'm content with window shopping, rather than meandering into the Rolls-Royce or Bentley dealership to look at a car, no matter how wonderful it is, that I have no interest in buying. LOL

Loli-PoP
02-23-2016, 09:47 AM
I don't play anymore :rolleyes:

Today is exactly 2 months! a year of play and maybe was easier to quit than you guys doing it 2-3-4+ years, BUT - it is well worth it the freedom of mind not to be like - oh crab, will miss the scheduled FL battle or gotta go smokes last WD battle or boss will escape... over and over again, same thing, all time, over and over again, repeating each cycle... It's just stupid, I too now play with girlfriends Clash of Clans and it's a lotta fun - you just set a weekend off, no war and enjoy freedom. Get back together majority - okay, let's war :p

How about that, eh? :o

Vile Lynn
02-23-2016, 10:11 AM
CoC got old a lot faster than MW did for me. I was in a top clan with some CC players a couple years ago, but now I just collect and upgrade. Meh.

Loli-PoP
02-23-2016, 10:26 AM
CoC got old a lot faster than MW did for me. I was in a top clan with some CC players a couple years ago, but now I just collect and upgrade. Meh.

Top clans will do that to you in any game - unnecessary pressure to be 'top' or imaginary 'top' - in CoC they count only trophies, not victories. But if you're in it for beating your somewhat equally allocated opponents more than getting beaten - that's all that matters. Once you try going for those top leagues and trophies (doesn't mean clan is TOP if accumulated trophies are more than others) and putting pressure on yourself - it gets old and sucks life and enjoyment out of it, very true... Need to live real life, then occasional battles you actually look for, not dread. Oh, and in top clans very few players still need any upgrades lol I don't like rushing anywhere. Just enjoy the ride and game. Couldn't say same anymore in MW. At all...

carlos spicey weener
02-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Latest update did not fix lagging, freezing, crashing during play in MW.

Brown Out
02-25-2016, 07:26 PM
Erase all those dirty pics you got saved.
MW runs best for me when I have lots of space available.