PDA

View Full Version : [AMA] Player Moderators

Vile Lynn
02-18-2016, 12:44 PM
Hi hi!

We never got around to doing an official thread to announce the new Players Moderators... no biggie. ;)

In Sept 2015, Rodimus, cafedecoy, and myself started posting in green, along with Lolsies.

Go ahead, AMA!
(Ask Me Anything!)

Also, our time is about up. We need more & new volunteers!
Info and application to become a Player Moderator can be found here! (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?117748-Apply-to-be-a-volunteer-moderator!)
Know an experienced & helpful forum member? You can nominate them thru the link at the bottom of the application thread.

Thanks & good luck!

Adisty
02-19-2016, 05:30 AM
Do you just moderate this forum (KnD) or all of the Gree game forums?

How often are you contacted by the developers? How often do you contact them?

Which game did you get the $250 credit for?

Lord P
02-19-2016, 09:24 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm...... $250 credit on Tuesday is not the same as $250 credit on Saturday...... I hope they give iTunes gift certificates. Is that the case?

Vile Lynn
02-19-2016, 10:49 AM
Do you just moderate this forum (KnD) or all of the Gree game forums?

How often are you contacted by the developers? How often do you contact them?

Which game did you get the $250 credit for?

Hi! I moderate all of the game forums.
I've been contacted by them a few times for specific feedback. I am contacted every time I contact them; iow, they always reply. I contact them almost everyday, sometimes less, sometimes more.
I play Crime City most competitively, so I requested to receive $250 in gold on my favorite CC acct.

Hmmmmmmmmmm...... $250 credit on Tuesday is not the same as $250 credit on Saturday...... I hope they give iTunes gift certificates. Is that the case?

I was very happy with what they gave me. I logged in and had about 3k in gold! I don't remember the exact amount, but it was fair and generous imho.

Thanks for your questions! :)

bstewar6
02-19-2016, 07:04 PM
Hi hi!

We never got around to doing an official thread to announce the new Players Moderators... no biggie. ;)

In Sept 2015, Rodimus, cafedecoy, and myself started posting in green, along with Lolsies.

Go ahead, AMA!
(Ask Me Anything!)

Also, our time is about up. We need more & new volunteers!
Info and application to become a Player Moderator can be found here! (http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?117748-Apply-to-be-a-volunteer-moderator!)
Know an experienced & helpful forum member? You can nominate them thru the link at the bottom of the application thread.

Thanks & good luck!

How do you guys go about handling posts? Does GREE INC Tell you anything every once in a while?

Vile Lynn
02-20-2016, 10:01 AM
How do you guys go about handling posts? Does GREE INC Tell you anything every once in a while?

Hi bstewar6! Thanks for asking :)

There are several ways we handle posts, depending on the post. We can usually moderate without being told what to do, but they are very helpful when we need it.

Our main job is to make sure the forums are a helpful, friendly place for GREE game players to interact with other players. We make sure the Forum Code of Conduct (CoC) rules are followed, and we report issues/feedback directly to GREE staff members. We are here to help and to enjoy the forums, too.

The Calling
02-21-2016, 12:14 AM
You guys are pure jokes.

nuff said

bstewar6
02-21-2016, 11:37 AM
You guys are pure jokes.

nuff said

SOOOOO r00d

roookey1
02-21-2016, 04:21 PM
I hope everyone here will nominate me! :cool::rolleyes::cool:

The Calling
02-26-2016, 04:16 PM
SOOOOO r00d

rude....yes

true...yes

roookey1
02-27-2016, 12:42 AM
having to deal with the KnD product over a longer period of time can make people cynical, rude, negative, hateful.
Looks like that's a hard to avoid side-effect of having to deal with all the rip-offs on a regular basis.

busteroaf
02-29-2016, 02:41 AM
I want to be nominated. Everyone loves me. I tell it like it is instead of sugarcoating things. Oh wait. I forgot. I need blinders on and have to have an active gem buying account to matter around here anymore.

Waaaaah!!!

But seriously, nominate me.

I'll moderate the hell out of this place.

cafedecoy
03-01-2016, 01:38 PM
The forum is great and all and a gateway for new players to wander in (you can search and find this forum through google search, for example) but I do feel that the bulk of the wealth of knowledge sharing and discussions about knd happens outside the official forums... and in chat rooms via LINE app. I usually hear about new bugs or new features hours or days before someone bothers to write up anything here.

roookey1
03-02-2016, 02:05 AM
Which lets me ask myself why Gree doesn't care about their very own forum?
The least they could do would be to provide you moderators with latest news or plans.

This wouldn't happen if I would be moderator. I would file a support ticket asking for extensive news and updates EVERY DAY, I promise!!! ;):D:rolleyes:

Vile Lynn
03-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Which lets me ask myself why Gree doesn't care about their very own forum?
The least they could do would be to provide you moderators with latest news or plans.

This wouldn't happen if I would be moderator. I would file a support ticket asking for extensive news and updates EVERY DAY, I promise!!! ;):D:rolleyes:

Hi roookey!

You're welcome to send in a support ticket asking for extensive news and updates everyday right now.

GREE cares about their forum: they host these forums for the players (their customers) to interact with other players. GREE cares enough to have actual players moderate... Players know the game inside and out; we play all day, everyday. With all due respect, we probably know the game better than the developers and program managers, lol! We definitely know the game better than the Customer Support agents! ;)
From past experiences when we had posts by GREE staff members who managed the community, the plans unfortunatley got changed too frequently for them to keep up: their calendars were often outdated... we complained when info changed, when it was corrected, or if the info they posted mismatched in the game. I'd rather have no news than the wrong news.

GREE really doesn't need to spoon-feed us info anyway... We are smart! I think they give us enough info to play. Part of the allure to these dynamic games is figuring things out for ourselves and with the friemds we play with. Everybody has the choice of how they play: active, camper, gemmer, free, beast-maker, economy-builder, solo, mule, or team player! Or a combo of styles, it's awesome! Knowing GREE's plans wouldn't change how we play too much. :)

Cafedecoy is right about those 3rd party chat apps. Most of the convo goes on there instead of here where it could certainly help new players. But, that is on us, the players, to make this forum helpful and useful... not just for new players, but for all players!

bstewar6
03-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Why do people hate on the mods, they work their hardest to provide a clean forum to vent in.

Vile Lynn
03-03-2016, 03:17 AM
Why do people hate on the mods, they work their hardest to provide a clean forum to vent in.

heh, because "haters gonna hate" ;)

It must be human nature... Some people want to troll & inhibit, others want to help & enjoy.
I'd rather enjoy and be helpful any day. :)

roookey1
03-04-2016, 03:38 PM
@bstewar6: I've not seen any posts where people expressed 'hate' against mods for as long as I can remember.

The only emotions/feedbacks regarding moderators I stumbled upon were ppl expressing feelings of frustration regarding lack of presence by moderators/Gree staff on Gree's Internet/social media channels and that even the voluntary user moderators are basically left in the dark by Gree (and are thus not much different from other users except for different fonts and/or avatars they're using and moderation rights). Actually, many of us here were sad and feeling a remarkable rise of anger levels against Gree (<> moderators!) when Gree fired their community managers about a year ago, basically cutting the last direct connection between Gree and their customers that way.

It's a weird virtual business bubble Gree lives in where motivated and paying customers are constantly getting punished, offended and frustrated, and all that without any customer service available that deserves this name.

But moderators? Nothing than respect for anyone who invests even more of their spare time for this greedy company while only getting a few virtual pixel compensations for it.

hoticehunter
03-12-2016, 06:13 PM
Is there any chance you can get GREE to edit the SFA announcement post so that it isn't lying to and deceiving players?
This thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?120338-Announcing-New-Shadowforged-Armor!

Specifically this line:
These materials can be found in chance chests such as the Dark Prince and Enchanted chests, along with being rewarded from various special events!
They simply can't be found in the Dark Prince or Enchanted chests. They're only found in special Shadowforged Material Step chests.