PDA

View Full Version : Shadowforged armors

roookey1
02-17-2016, 08:30 AM
What do the addicts among you think about the new armor tier that will soon make customers' precious DF pixel clothes obsolete, the new mins, integrated 'auto-bots' etc.?

Adisty
02-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Shadowforged?

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/3/2166/what-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1.jpg

WatermelonSeed
02-17-2016, 09:50 AM
Auto battle is amazing! I really like it.

Shadowforged, I guess we'll need to wait and see...

Adisty
02-17-2016, 12:45 PM
Lemme guess.... Android get an update?

WatermelonSeed
02-18-2016, 11:24 AM
Ya, it's in Android Beta

Adisty
02-19-2016, 05:27 AM
Gotcha, thanks!

cafedecoy
02-22-2016, 10:52 AM
What do the addicts among you think about the new armor tier that will soon make customers' precious DF pixel clothes obsolete, the new mins, integrated 'auto-bots' etc.?

Eh. its not like it didn't happen before .. its been almost a year since DFs came out and made epics obsolete.

I'm too addicted to the game to be bothered really and I will be curious to see exactly how much better it is.

roookey1
02-23-2016, 03:51 AM
I'm too addicted to the game
that is the first step.

Congratulations!

cafedecoy
02-23-2016, 11:34 AM
what's the next step and how many are there?

SBBL Indigo
02-24-2016, 01:59 AM
Shadowforged - my prediction.

Gree will release a craftable Shadowforged, similar situation to Hyaline, where you have to collect a gazillion bits of crap that is all but unattainable unless you spend a ton of gems. They will claim it to be 'Limited Time Only' (and an unfeasibly short time at that), then continue to offer the requisite bits of crap regardless of the time period being over. They will then completely nullify its exclusivity by releasing it in a chest so level 20s can run around in a first evolution version.

Silent follower
02-24-2016, 07:55 AM
'
Shadowforged - my prediction.

Gree will release a craftable Shadowforged, similar situation to Hyaline, where you have to collect a gazillion bits of crap that is all but unattainable unless you spend a ton of gems. They will claim it to be 'Limited Time Only' (and an unfeasibly short time at that), then continue to offer the requisite bits of crap regardless of the time period being over. They will then completely nullify its exclusivity by releasing it in a chest so level 20s can run around in a first evolution version.

That is the most likely outcome of Shadowforged, the other option is that they redo Heroic back to "impossible" and you get shard drops with like 1% chance...

Caladin
02-25-2016, 11:39 AM
Since they introduced the next level of armors, when will dragonforged armors be combinable? I still have several members who don't even have a df yet

Silent follower
02-25-2016, 11:56 AM
Shadowforged can be seen in your armorsmith, top 3 guilds get a few needed shards and anybody doing 475k points in this weekends War.

Vile Lynn
02-25-2016, 12:34 PM
Just posted in Announcements...

http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?120338-Announcing-New-Shadowforged-Armor!

Happy gaming! ;)

Peter Sandelis
02-25-2016, 12:41 PM
GREE decided to paywall the armors to exclusively T1's. Biggest player "depreciation" month"reward"ever. :mad:

hoticehunter
02-25-2016, 02:04 PM
GREE decided to paywall the armors to exclusively T1's. Biggest player "depreciation" month"reward"ever. :mad:

Seriously. I was hoping for something more like Hyaline where us plebians would have at least a shot at getting the armor, but this is really ridiculous.

Then again, according to the link posted, there's this quote:

These materials can be found in chance chests such as the Dark Prince and Enchanted chests, along with being rewarded from various special events!
Although I'm calling bull**** on that unless I see it happen.
We really need to be told how for how long wars/raids are going to be offering the materials as rewards. Assuming nothing changes and materials change every other event, it would take 11 weeks starting from this week to get one if you go T10 and finish all your milestones. Are we really to expect that GREE will still be giving materials out that long after introduction?

Dreamcobra
02-25-2016, 03:06 PM
Shadowforged is another "come spend your real money to get shiny new pixels". Pay to win players will have it, those that aren't independently wealthy won't, or not for a long time. On the other hand, to say something NICE for once .. I ***really*** like the new auto battle, now that it's made it's way to IOS side.!

bstewar6
02-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Seriously. I was hoping for something more like Hyaline where us plebians would have at least a shot at getting the armor, but this is really ridiculous.

Then again, according to the link posted, there's this quote:

Although I'm calling bull**** on that unless I see it happen.
We really need to be told how for how long wars/raids are going to be offering the materials as rewards. Assuming nothing changes and materials change every other event, it would take 11 weeks starting from this week to get one if you go T10 and finish all your milestones. Are we really to expect that GREE will still be giving materials out that long after introduction?

This is what i've been trying to say over LINE. ALSO TO ADD ANOTHER THORN IN THE SIDE. You will probably have to level up the shadowforged to 35 to craft the plus, which requires EVEN MORE material

Gaanon
02-25-2016, 08:04 PM
This is what i've been trying to say over LINE. ALSO TO ADD ANOTHER THORN IN THE SIDE. You will probably have to level up the shadowforged to 35 to craft the plus, which requires EVEN MORE material

Want to bet you need to reach the "Ascension" level before you can craft plus?

Here's what I want to know. T1 gets 5 bits, plus most likely 1 for hitting top milestone. That's 6. And it goes downhill from there. You need 12 for base. So this collection is going to have to span multiple events. How many? How bad are the chances "for the rest of us" to collect the 12 bits. You know chest drop count is going to suck. As it is I'm saving my keys now.

Lord P
02-26-2016, 06:08 AM
FYI, my guild mate used 400 gold keys yesterday after Shadowforged was announced............. 0 pieces. Either they're not in the chests yet or the chance of getting a piece is so bad you might as well not even consider the Enchanted Chest.

Adisty
02-26-2016, 09:49 AM
Either they're not in the chests yet or the chance of getting a piece is so bad you might as well not even consider the Enchanted Chest.

Or both :p. This is Gee we're talking about

cafedecoy
02-26-2016, 12:58 PM

Hmmm. not really. most of the t1 players can't craft. They haven't been able to for months. Most dont even have armor smiths.... got a tf going in there instead

bstewar6
02-26-2016, 01:04 PM
yeah it its also a ploy to get top people to buy armor slots to craft it.

WatermelonSeed
02-26-2016, 03:01 PM
FYI, my guild mate used 400 gold keys yesterday after Shadowforged was announced............. 0 pieces. Either they're not in the chests yet or the chance of getting a piece is so bad you might as well not even consider the Enchanted Chest.

My guildmate opened 500 enchanted chests.... 0 pieces as well.... pretty sure it's safe to say they're not in the chests yet....

KC Sarthak
02-27-2016, 08:21 AM
They are in chests but they probably have like a 1% chance in the chests.. Introducing Shadowforged armors in T10 and T1 ruins any chances for F2P getting the armors.

roookey1
02-28-2016, 03:06 AM
It's so funny and satisfying to discover that after when I decided it has become unjustifiable to spend any more money on this game, there was still so much room to make it worse and worse! Yes, there are new and shiny features, but all of them have to be paid at some point, so there's not been any increased 'value' since about a year or so. I'm still supporting my guild, but totally lack of motivation to grind for anything anymore, let alone buy anything. Kinda feels like walking into a smoke-filled restaurant after having become an ex-smoker. ;)

busteroaf
02-29-2016, 02:39 AM
It's so funny and satisfying to discover that after when I decided it has become unjustifiable to spend any more money on this game, there was still so much room to make it worse and worse! Yes, there are new and shiny features, but all of them have to be paid at some point, so there's not been any increased 'value' since about a year or so. I'm still supporting my guild, but totally lack of motivation to grind for anything anymore, let alone buy anything. Kinda feels like walking into a smoke-filled restaurant after having become an ex-smoker. ;)

So if you know there is very little in the way of value, what is keeping you playing? The "guild" and camaraderie from playing so long? I just don't see it. Being all but forced to spend money to be able to ever hope to attain things of "value" in this game, or have a chance to compete on even a decent level, is not fun to me. Unless you personally know the people, I don't get it. Hell, I play Boom Beach now, but its with half of my staff at work. Thats the fun part for me. Doesn't matter what game it is, its with people I know and we can bond over it. I'm done trying to make friends with random people online.

Adisty
02-29-2016, 05:03 AM
I'm done trying to make friends with random people online.

Did you ever really "start"? By the way, welcome back. I enjoy reading your posts :p

hoticehunter
02-29-2016, 11:18 PM
Being all but forced to spend money to be able to ever hope to attain things of "value" in this game, or have a chance to compete on even a decent level, is not fun to me.

Not really. It just requires more time is all. You can get at least one new DF a month (iOS side at least) by watching videos and playing the game. T10 raids are pretty cheap, I only spent 500 or so on my last raid push for Jugong, which if people had any brains, it would have been much more expensive, dual-monos are broken as ****. I only spent 90 and got a T25 df this last war. They aren't DF+, but they're still quite good.

And that's the thing, who really cares how good an armor is? The only place that matters is raids. Your fancy DF+ is just overkill in wars because everyone strips anyway. So who cares what someone else gets or has, it doesn't really matter. If you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars to be at the top, you can play for free and still be good.

cafedecoy
03-01-2016, 01:34 PM
yeah it its also a ploy to get top people to buy armor slots to craft it.

no way. i refuse. i draw the line right there. lol. someone calculated for me and told me that i'd have to spend 17k gems or something like that.

busteroaf
03-01-2016, 07:25 PM
Did you ever really "start"? By the way, welcome back. I enjoy reading your posts :p

Start? Believe it or not, even with my strange ways I have a knack for drawing people to me. I don't understand it myself, but hey, whatever works right?

RE Thargor
03-10-2016, 10:05 AM
Maybe GREE underestimates how much communication runs along with this game.

Between us we opened SEVERAL THOUSAND between enchanted and dark prince chests.
Not even one crafting piece. Zero! Nada!! Nix!!!

I mean, noone pretends the chance for such a thing to be high, but not even one in thousands?
I think it's safe to assume this was all a lie on their part.
I am so angry and disappointed.

Does anyone know anybody who got a piece from those chests?

roookey1
03-11-2016, 12:43 PM
Just curious: how do people like you justify it in your heads spending even more, more and more money on such return rates of 0 (zero, nada, nix)?
This is just as puzzling for me as the people who watch videos for 10 or even more times without getting any gems in return. :cool:
It's reminding me about this experiment with monkeys who got a splash of ice cold water in their faces every time they tried to catch a banana. Alone, the monkeys were giving up on this behavior after less than 5 attempts on average.

RE Thargor
03-12-2016, 12:59 AM
Lol. "People like me" don't spend anything on those chests since they are given as rewards in game. We just horded them for a long time,waiting for an opportunity just like this.

Also,this was about whether chests contained crafting pieces or not. How and why they are bought is and remains my own thing, thank you!

hoticehunter
03-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Just curious: how do people like you justify it in your heads spending even more, more and more money on such return rates of 0 (zero, nada, nix)?
This is just as puzzling for me as the people who watch videos for 10 or even more times without getting any gems in return. :cool:
It's reminding me about this experiment with monkeys who got a splash of ice cold water in their faces every time they tried to catch a banana. Alone, the monkeys were giving up on this behavior after less than 5 attempts on average.
Active players will get hundreds of keys fairly quickly for free. It's just a matter of not using them when you get them and saving them up in the hopes of there eventually being a bonus on enchanted chest pulls.

WatermelonSeed
03-14-2016, 10:48 AM
Does anyone know anybody who got a piece from those chests?

I actually have 1 , but that was after opening hundreds of enchanted chests

dpalbldelf
03-15-2016, 08:42 AM
One out of hundreds. That is a pretty abysmal drop rate.