View Full Version : Drop Bear Madness

Assault and Flattery
02-11-2016, 01:19 PM
2/17-2/18 we'll be running a new type of LTQ. In Owlbear Hollow, you'll fight:

Dracoliches for Dragon Bones
Rabid Wolves for Dire Wolf Paws
Angry Owlbears for Owlbear Hides
Man Eating Bears for Bear Skulls

Once you collect enough you will complete the goal that gives you the Frankendropbear, but you will also complete milestone goals along the way.

Please note that there are drop chances on these enemies. This means you will not get a 100% drop rate when you fight them!

Jnsolberg
02-13-2016, 07:01 AM

Once you collect enough you will complete the goal that gives you the Frankendropbear, but you will also complete milestone goals along the way.

Please note that there are drop chances on these enemies. This means you will not get a 100% drop rate when you fight them!

We've had this kind of quest before where you didn't get a 100% drop rate. It could be very frustrating.
If we need, say 10 drops, and it takes 12 kills to beat them, that's ok. If it takes 25 kills, then you will have peeps complaining.

I hope it's closer to the 12 kills, otherwise this one won't be fun.

JamieF
02-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Wonder how many gems will be needed, or how badly programmed it will be..

But anyway, nice to have a 'new' ltq again.

Scubdog
02-14-2016, 05:49 PM
LOVE the continuous connection error message. Takes my drop rubys away and keeps the energy used. Typical. Happy VD from Gree. Maybe we will see a fix by the 17th.

Amelio
02-16-2016, 02:40 AM

Will This event event be anything like the current event? Then I'm skipping that one too

Jnsolberg
02-16-2016, 03:49 AM
Will This event event be anything like the current event? Then I'm skipping that one too

I doubt very much that the server errors will be fixed that quickly

E-I
02-16-2016, 06:16 AM
This current quest sucks big time. I hope the Bear Droppings quest is nothing like it. If these stupid crafting/drop events are going to be a frequent thing, then I don't really need the frustration of playing anymore.

Jomama1
02-16-2016, 06:32 AM
most players do not like random chance - being creative is great - adding random elements is not. Its why box events are most hated.

plavine
02-16-2016, 07:50 PM
Remember they used to be random : some players got the drops easily and some it took forever . After a lot of complaining , gree changed the LTQs

Jnsolberg
02-17-2016, 02:13 PM
2/17-2/18 we'll be running a new type of LTQ.

I'm not sure I can take another low drop rate event. (Horrified face)

Looks like about a 20-25% drop rate. I think I'll pass on this one

truthteller
02-17-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure I can take another low drop rate event. (Horrified face)

Looks like about a 20-25% drop rate. I think I'll pass on this one

Same here, I killed about 5 of each MOb and got NADA, ZIP, ZILCH, NOTHING, so that and the 28+ XP per kills, I will enjoy RL for a while

sdunn00
02-17-2016, 05:23 PM
This new quest is a nice change. The drop rates are horrible for the large amount of energy required but at least the 4 section units are large enough to go into my army.....even if I only get 1 or 2

truthteller
02-17-2016, 05:41 PM
This new quest is a nice change. The drop rates are horrible for the large amount of energy required but at least the 4 section units are large enough to go into my army.....even if I only get 1 or 2

Well from 75, 125, 200 and 275 per hit and the drop being very low and considering you need about 100 or so items in under 24 hours even if you go for the 75 energy goal you will neey lots of refills to complete

Not to mention that all this is for a mere 5% beast attack

Hope you have lots if refills or gems please use them so we free players can play what we can

Frothypython
02-17-2016, 06:06 PM
Not playing this quest.

sdunn00
02-17-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm a free player....don't believe in spending money on chance random drops

Koad
02-18-2016, 12:25 AM
Please Gree, NEVER release luck based events like the last two again. We hated them 3 years ago and we still do!

Hobbs
02-18-2016, 12:58 AM
Another Rubbish event with unrealistic time,energy requirement,drop rate ETC ETC ETC...
Knowing this game I decided to try the "Easiest" <--- Ha,Ha quest,so I need 15 items and mobs are 75 energy....not too bad,Mmmm
I'm on 7/15 having used 5,000 energy.
Really demoralising and just not Fun anymore.

Lord Vyper
02-18-2016, 02:49 AM
I agree.... this event is not good.
Beside all the problems the Valenti-Quest was nice because of the combination of LTQ and crafting - would have been even better without the random-factor in droprate and crafting.
Now you removed the crafting part... That's definitely the wrong way, you should have removed the random part...

So what about thinking about a normal LTQ combined with crafting?

sdunn00
02-18-2016, 04:50 AM
The drop rate is worse than bad....it's impossible. This event should have been split into 4 days with this drop rate. Most of my guild have already opted out & at the rate of drop....I'll be lucky to get even the part requiring 15 bones.

Guustb
02-18-2016, 06:08 AM
and what's more idiot, you need 30 in 24 hour. Killing an maneater cost 275 energy and you need 30 with a 50% chance. That's not fair, that insulting stupid and impossible!

Want us to spend more gems of stop gaming??

E-I
02-18-2016, 06:13 AM
This event is borderline retarded. I used up one full energy bar for 2 drops before I just gave up on the event altogether. Its not worth the effort.

Jnsolberg
02-18-2016, 07:56 AM
you need 30 in 24 hour. Killing an maneater cost 275 energy and you need 30 with a 50% chance. That's not fair, that insulting stupid and impossible!

Want us to spend more gems of stop gaming??

50% chance? More like a 25% chance, lol

Hobbs
02-18-2016, 08:28 AM

Not even close,just used over 1500 energy @ 75 per mob for first unit,21 kills without a single drop!!
I give up, how do they get so many things wrong?
The game is dying quickly due to all these issues.

truthteller
02-18-2016, 08:52 AM
Not even close,just used over 1500 energy @ 75 per mob for first unit,21 kills without a single drop!!
I give up, how do they get so many things wrong?
The game is dying quickly due to all these issues.

Similar with me, I used 1,500 energy just for the heck of it on the and got 1 unit................so I estimated, that I would need about 15,000 energy to get all 15 unit and that is only for 1/4 of the units for the event......................results................ ..my energy is full and waiting for the old style LTQs, at least with those I know that with a few gems and refills I can finish Normal and get a bonus unit

sdunn00
02-18-2016, 09:02 AM

I was only getting a drop in every 5-8 hits.....less than 20% drop rate for me

hekfhelgh
02-18-2016, 10:09 AM
Stopped work At this stupid quest. It's impossible to finish with tons of refills. Not worth to think about it😫

Vile Lynn
02-18-2016, 10:13 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback!

One thing is clear: the majority of the KA Community is NOT into random or low drop-rates!*

It's ok if only 1 or 2, maybe even 5 or more top-gemmers to get the highest reward. Top rewards should be hard to get, IOW costly even in FTP games. But, events need to be fun for moderate & free players, too, and fun enough to keep the whales happily gemming for their exclusive rewards. It's a balance that all game developers want to achieve. (Heh, I probably wouldn't be here if I knew the key to balancing!)

If the developers want to keep random drops in LTQ-type events, maybe they could code the drop-rate to increase thru the course of the event. For example, weaker NPCs in lower quest levels would have low drop-rates, like 20-30%. As we proceed thru the levels, the drop-rate would proportionally increase: higher levels that require more energy for each kill would have better chances for getting drops, closing in on 100%. For all I know, maybe they already do this... just suggesting since I don't know.

~signed, clueless about KA metrics but love the game!

*edited "gambling" to "random or low drop-rates."

Monteverdi
02-18-2016, 10:42 AM
Thanks for all of the feedback!

One thing is clear: the majority of the KA Community is NOT into gambling.

~signed, clueless about KA metrics but love the game!

I would not say that we don't like gambling, we are actually gambling almost every event not knowing what the prize of the next stage will be and how much it is going to cost us.
What I (we?) don't like is the uncertainty. No event talks about the chances of getting something not even the lock box event (e.g. low chance, medium chance - what does that mean in numbers ??). The same here, at least give people a number - has 30% chance of a drop or so. That way everyone can decide for themselves whether or not it is worth a try.
At the current design this part is too much left in the dark and fosters frustration and anger.

Vile Lynn
02-18-2016, 11:41 AM
I would not say that we don't like gambling, we are actually gambling almost every event not knowing what the prize of the next stage will be and how much it is going to cost us.
What I (we?) don't like is the uncertainty. No event talks about the chances of getting something not even the lock box event (e.g. low chance, medium chance - what does that mean in numbers ??). The same here, at least give people a number - has 30% chance of a drop or so. That way everyone can decide for themselves whether or not it is worth a try.
At the current design this part is too much left in the dark and fosters frustration and anger.

I think you knew what I meant by "gambling." I edited my post to be more specific. :)

Gaming companies are always vague when it comes to numbers. Having a "medium" chance sounds much better than having a 50% chance. (I'm not saying medium=50%, just using it as an example.) Developers don't give players hard numbers for many reasons, that's just one reason.

No matter what the chance is, I wish everybody the best of luck!

Monteverdi
02-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Gaming companies are always vague when it comes to numbers. Having a "medium" chance sounds much better than having a 50% chance. (I'm not saying medium=50%, just using it as an example.) Developers don't give players hard numbers for many reasons, that's just one reason.

No matter what the chance is, I wish everybody the best of luck!

Understood, but if a player does not know the drop rate and maybe has just a really bad streak of luck such as 10 times black in a row and all his money is on red he starts to question whether the drop rate was intentionally set low to empty his pockets.

Even in lottery they are obliged to give you a number and nobody with the right mind would expect to win yet most of us are still buying the ticket.

Vile Lynn
02-18-2016, 01:10 PM
Good point, Monteverdi :)

That being said... If you feel like you're cursed with bad luck, send in a ticket with your feedback & experience. (I know, I know... I'm always posting to send in a ticket.) Maybe, big huge maybe, they'll reconsider their algorithm from your feedback. Feedback is always good; it can't hurt to politely let GREE know if your bad luck is frustrating.

hekfhelgh
02-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Good point, Monteverdi :)

That being said... If you feel like you're cursed with bad luck, send in a ticket with your feedback & experience. (I know, I know... I'm always posting to send in a ticket.) Maybe, big huge maybe, they'll reconsider their algorithm from your feedback. Feedback is always good; it can't hurt to politely let GREE know if your bad luck is frustrating.

So, we all have to sent tickets again to your support again? Nice try, but better spend time with more successful things like playing lotteries. But never the less the drop rate of the current quest is the worst I've ever seen in KA. You can't finish one off the current quest within a day without spending lots of refills nor you can finish the quest within a day as a normal employeed player. 1 drop in 20 is not medium, it's nothing.

Our hole guild wont spend any time at this quest , better spend time for raiding.

Tojo
02-18-2016, 01:53 PM

Just went through an entire full energy. 2590 I think killing the 75 energy dragon. Not one dragon bone. Had 10 out of a few refills and looks like the drop was shut off

Vile Lynn
02-19-2016, 09:46 AM
So, we all have to sent tickets again to your support again? Nice try, but better spend time with more successful things like playing lotteries.

I've never posted that you have to send in a ticket.
It was a suggestion if you wanted to volunteer more feedback. :)

Just went through an entire full energy. 2590 I think killing the 75 energy dragon. Not one dragon bone. Had 10 out of a few refills and looks like the drop was shut off
Was the event over?