PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Saint Valenti

Assault and Flattery
02-09-2016, 06:05 PM
My Lieges!

Ready yourselves to hear an accounting of the legend of Saint Valenti.

Long ago before the age of kingdoms Saint Valenti was the first of his order. A Paladin devoted wholly to the protection of the church of the first fire. At the age of 12 Saint Valenti was a squire to a great knight at the battle of the twin rivers. The armies of the first fire were battling the wild barbarian hordes that threatened the church and it became clear that they would soon be overwhelmed. When Valenti’s knight was killed in battle young Valenti dipped a single ruby into the twin rivers and turned them into rivers of fire. The flames consumed the barbarian hordes and turned the land into what is now known as the sea of flames.

Valenti swore his oaths at the great cathedral and was made a Paladin of the first fire. Valenti was a zealot of the church and led armies into battle, taming the wild countryside. He even led armies against the foul drow and won a decisive battle at Darkhome. After that battle Saint Valenti was ordained as the first Paladin, the greatest of all paladins and was ordered to lead a campaign to convert the were polar bears of Glacial Pass. Saint Valenti flew into battle riding atop his great red dragon mount Vathraxis. The were polar bears bent the knee and swore fealty to Valenti and the church of the first fire.

Saint Valenti would go on to win many more battles and eventually the land was unified under the banners of the one church. Eventually Saint Valenti’s life ended but the realm would know centuries of peace for long after. This was known as the fire age and it proceeded until the land once more was plunged into the chaos we now know as the Kingdom Age. But that is a tale for another time.

My lieges you now have the chance to follow in the footsteps of Saint Valenti and recreate the legendary armor the first paladin wore into battle.

Event Details:

The Legend of Saint Valenti is an event that begins February 14th, 15:00 PST and spans a period of 3 days.

Day 1: Visit the Sea of Flames where Saint Valenti turned the rivers into fire and collect Rubies from Mummy Mages.

Day 2: Visit Darkhome where Saint Valenti dealt the drow a stunning defeat and collect Vials of Drider Blood from Drider Archers

Day 3: Visit Glacial Pass where Saint Valenti caused the were polar bears to bend the knee with the awe inspiring power of his dragon mount and collect Red Ore by killing Were Polar Bears.

Each day at 15:00 you will receive a potion which will allow you to kill that day’s monster. After 24 hours, the potion for that day will run out and you will lose the ability to kill that monster.

At any time you can visit your kingdom’s crafting workshop and use the materials you have gathered to craft powerful units and equipment.

Each time you craft an item you have a chance to craft an EPIC version of that unit or equipment.

Craft all of the EPIC armor items to win a powerful unit.
Craft all of the EPIC units to win a powerful unit.

Note: You will need to plan the use of your crafting materials very wisely. Some crafting recipes require two materials or all three materials. On day three for example you will not be able to farm materials from day one and two from killing monsters but you will need them to craft items that require those materials. So make sure you stockpile enough materials from each day to craft everything you need!

EDIT: Rubies and Vials of Drider Blood have been added to the store and can be purchased with gold. The drop rate on the were polar bears have been adjusted and they should now drop red ore 100% of the time. Recipes and goals for this event will be extended for an extra 24 hours.

Good luck! May the Legend of Saint Valenti inspire you to great deeds!

Jnsolberg
02-12-2016, 06:25 AM
Wow, something different!

I appreciate you trying some new things, I sincerely hope you've tested this thoroughly and the event launches bug free.

sdunn00
02-12-2016, 06:45 AM
I'm certainly looking forward to some refreshing changes & new events :)

Amelio
02-14-2016, 04:50 PM
This events clearly going to cost a ton of $$$$$$$ to finish... Items needed for wrappers are all EPIC... Crafting for your chance at an EPIC item... So far I've tried crafting 4 heart talisman and not one was an epic... Spent 160 gems.. So that was a Complete waste of time... Great idea for a new event... But odds completely suck to finish... This clearly is a GEMMING EVENT... My guess, only top 3 in box events will spend the $$$$$ it takes to finish... I gem, but I'll not gem for this.. I save my gems for wars and box events that give Health or energy boost units

Jomama1
02-14-2016, 05:03 PM
Not worth bothering unless you are level 250 - between drop rates of ingredients and chance of crafting epic you are multiplying two low percentages making it nearly impossible without tons of gems and luck. I don't gem for luck.

Would love to see your math on this Gree. multiply the average drop rate times the chance of crafting epic - then nvert to determine the average kills needed per day. My guess is that its around 50K energy needed per day. Where is the logic here?

Metsrock9931
02-14-2016, 05:09 PM
This events clearly going to cost a ton of $$$$$$$ to finish... Items needed for wrappers are all EPIC... Crafting for your chance at an EPIC item... So far I've tried crafting 4 heart talisman and not one was an epic... Spent 160 gems.. So that was a Complete waste of time... Great idea for a new event... But odds completely suck to finish... This clearly is a GEMMING EVENT... My guess, only top 3 in box events will spend the $$$$$ it takes to finish... I gem, but I'll not gem for this.. I save my gems for wars and box events that give Health or energy boost units

They are all gemming events. Took 65 energy packs to complete individual quests for a level 200, never allowing it to become full, energy regen of 8, etc. wanted to see how much it took and will never do it again, gree has created all events to be gems.

Scubdog
02-14-2016, 05:45 PM
Congrats on another screwed up event Gree. Finally something new and big surprise, it's the typical FUBAR.

Jnsolberg
02-14-2016, 08:07 PM
What's wrong with the Valenti Quest?

1). 90 XP per kill.....fixed!
2). After finishing the quest for 10 rubies, my four toons had 2, 8, 10 and 10 rubies
3). After the first 10, the drop rate falls to @ 30%
4). I went through @ 20 in a row with no drops
5). My level 250 toon had 14 rubies lost with this message:

"There was an error with the server. To try again, press OKAY"

Sometime I got my energy back, sometimes I didn't.

6). You can only craft Normal items and units.

For all the Normal units you need:
60 rubies
80 blood
60 red ore

But that's Normal, not Epic.
With a 50% chance for Epic, you would need 120, 160 and 120 materials.
With a 25% chance, you would need 240, 320 and 240 materials

Random chance on the drops, random chance on the crafting.
Gree we HATE random chance quests. Please do not think that we like these kinds of events.

sdunn00
02-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Well....I was taught if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. I'll simply say.....what a disappointment. Guess I'll go have a real,life for the next few days.

Scubdog
02-14-2016, 08:37 PM
I was taught to call a spade a spade. Another $$ grab. Gree, stop this and get back to legit gaming.

belgario
02-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Server errors are horrible...both before and after I updated KA (just now). I just got 2 rubies and both were taken away, though energy returned. The chance of me getting 2 rubies in a row however are now about zero! Please fix this ASAP!

JamieF
02-15-2016, 01:37 AM
Please change the false advertised 75k att staff.

Gree, how do you manage to mess up a completely new event again..

Jnsolberg
02-15-2016, 02:29 AM
Please change the false advertised 75k att staff.

Gree, how do you manage to mess up a completely new event again..

Yep, this was fixed, not the missing rubies

dpille
02-15-2016, 03:36 AM
I understand the enthusiasm for something different. I'm still going to call this garbage, given that you have to read the forums to have any idea how to do this. (Does it say somewhere I missed to start in the Sea of Flames?)

Even so, I also dislike the fact that it took like triple the amount of total communication the entire forum has seen since the beginning of the year just to announce a single event.

plavine
02-15-2016, 06:29 AM
Another example of good intent , with bad results . The programmers are trying , they just don't seem to be very good at what they do .
The server error is an old problem that was fixed ages ago. So does that mean Gree is using an old repetitive code that is faulty - or us it possible the servers just can't handle all of us attacking the same object at the same time

Jnsolberg
02-15-2016, 06:39 AM
Another example of good intent , with bad results . The programmers are trying , they just don't seem to be very good at what they do .
The server error is an old problem that was fixed ages ago. So does that mean Gree is using an old repetitive code that is faulty - or us it possible the servers just can't handle all of us attacking the same object at the same time

The server errors have become rampant since the latest update. I got it a lot when triggering the EB. Still killed the EB so I didn't care. Now my level 250 has lost 16 rubies because of the server errors.

It may be time to forget about this stupid quest.

Low drop rate X low Epic crafting rate + server errors = fugheddaboudit

Ryosaeba
02-15-2016, 08:48 AM
Oh lord.... And here I thought that all I needed was 60, 60, 80 of the materials to finish this but noooo... I need EPIC and it's only a chance! Lucky I came here before I wasted my time on trying to get ALL those materials for a tiny chance at this. No thanks. I'll just finish my epic boss and gold open chests as usual...

Noor
02-15-2016, 09:06 AM
I love theese kind of events compared to the other ILTQ format. Killing mobs for drops to use in crafting, way to go.
Offcourse it would be nice to not loose rubys due to numerous server errors, but I really don't think that anyone will get anywhere with namecalling and slagging off Gree.
Gree seems to be doing a serious attempt to brung back the joy to a game lots of us love, instead of just complaining, we should embrace that, and be constructive in our feedbacks instead of keep calling gree employees mean things.
If we as a community want gree to listen, maybe we need to start with ourselves and not automaticly start complaining about everything that is wrong, how about aknowledging what we enjoy with the new stuff instead of complaining about all that is not good.
(Yes I get annoyed by server errors and such too, but I really like the new way of thinking, and I hope they are on to something good)

E-I
02-15-2016, 09:14 AM
This stupid quest is so incredibly frustrating. Between all of the server errors and lost drops, rubies are hard to find. And then you need to craft an epic item... I have tried 8 times to craft an epic unit unsuccessfully. What is the point of even trying on this moronic quest if you can't get past the first stage?

This seriously may be the last straw for me. This has to be one of the worst thought out quests in a long long time.

JamieF
02-15-2016, 10:48 AM
I love theese kind of events compared to the other ILTQ format. Killing mobs for drops to use in crafting, way to go.
Offcourse it would be nice to not loose rubys due to numerous server errors, but I really don't think that anyone will get anywhere with namecalling and slagging off Gree.
Gree seems to be doing a serious attempt to brung back the joy to a game lots of us love, instead of just complaining, we should embrace that, and be constructive in our feedbacks instead of keep calling gree employees mean things.
If we as a community want gree to listen, maybe we need to start with ourselves and not automaticly start complaining about everything that is wrong, how about aknowledging what we enjoy with the new stuff instead of complaining about all that is not good.
(Yes I get annoyed by server errors and such too, but I really like the new way of thinking, and I hope they are on to something good)

Welcome to the forum, as this is your first post. Most of us have been around here some years and sorry: we complain and the reason is that there is a lack of feedback/response from Gree and the lack of game development is getting repetitive.

E-I
02-15-2016, 11:34 AM
Welcome to the forum, as this is your first post. Most of us have been around here some years and sorry: we complain and the reason is that there is a lack of feedback/response from Gree and the lack of game development is getting repetitive.

It's not like Gree reads any of these posts anyway. They get a player moderator in here to police content for them, but Gree doesn't give two poops about what we think of their events.

Lunagirl
02-15-2016, 11:39 AM
Good post noor - I agree like the fact it is a different format - will I finish don't know but like that it is different format and they have listened - the exp changed and they fixed the error on the staff.

Vile Lynn
02-15-2016, 12:09 PM
Hi Noor!

Welcome to the forums! ;)
Thank you for your constructive feedback.

Regarding server errors and losing quest items, I have passed on this issue to my contact. Nobody likes losing items/progress or wasting energy, but it is not intentional. I can assure you they know about it and diligently working towards a fix.

Unfortunately, this seems to be an old issue that has come back and will take some time to investigate and fix, again. When a ticket is sent in to CS, they will forward it to the developers or appropriate team. CS's reply will probably be the same one everybody loaths: "Thank you, it's being investigated, case closed"... but it is not really closed until it's fixed. From my experiences, that's all CS can reply when it's a game-wide issue still under investigation; developers usually don't tell CS how to reply or their progress.

Tickets are handled individually and privately. If you feel your ticket is being ignored or not handled properly, please PM the ticket number to me (or any Player Moderator), and I (we) can request further review from a dedicated GREE staff member. Player Moderators do not have access to tickets. Tickets are private correspondences between you & GREE staff, but we can help get you to a more favorable resolution, if possible. It never hurts to ask for more help. We are here to help!

Hopefully, A&F or IPB will have an update for us soon. Until then, thank you all for your patience.

Good luck with item drops and crafting!

E-I
02-15-2016, 01:03 PM
[indent]Tickets are handled individually and privately. If you feel your ticket is being ignored or not handled properly, please PM the ticket number to me

It would probably be efficient to ask those who don't feel their ticket is being ignored to PM you. At least that way your PM box won't get flooded.

Vile Lynn
02-15-2016, 02:47 PM
It would probably be efficient to ask those who don't feel their ticket is being ignored to PM you. At least that way your PM box won't get flooded.

I have plenty of space :) Flood gates: Open!

Jnsolberg
02-15-2016, 02:49 PM
One more thing, the ability to craft the items expires exactly at the end of the third day. Gree, you should give us another day to actually craft the items.

sdunn00
02-15-2016, 03:59 PM
Okay.....so....here is at least a partial list of what is horribly wrong with this event:
2 of my 3 toons got less than 30 rubies in the 24 hour period
The crafted units don't make it into my army
The crafted equipment are less than what I can buy with gold in the store
Since I got less than even what was needed to craft for either questline & the units & equipment are useless to me....I have no motivation to continue & won't....it's a waste of my time to continue.

Amelio
02-15-2016, 05:53 PM
What's wrong with the Valenti Quest?

1). 90 XP per kill.....fixed!
2). After finishing the quest for 10 rubies, my four toons had 2, 8, 10 and 10 rubies
3). After the first 10, the drop rate falls to @ 30%
4). I went through @ 20 in a row with no drops
5). My level 250 toon had 14 rubies lost with this message:

"There was an error with the server. To try again, press OKAY"

Sometime I got my energy back, sometimes I didn't.

6). You can only craft Normal items and units.

For all the Normal units you need:
60 rubies
80 blood
60 red ore

But that's Normal, not Epic.
With a 50% chance for Epic, you would need 120, 160 and 120 materials.
With a 25% chance, you would need 240, 320 and 240 materials

Random chance on the drops, random chance on the crafting.
Gree we HATE random chance quests. Please do not think that we like these kinds of events.

I lost count of all the lost Ruby's and energy during yesterday's 24hr... And today the lost potions... I was up to 50 potions and now 10 thanks to the error messages and the lost energy today... I'm not not shocked that this event has loads of errors... It's par for the course.. But losing my energy and drops as well is just annoying...I sent tickets in and I get a response asking for pics of errors etc.... Sent the pics in... I am gonna bet that I won't hear back until NEXT week for this weeks event... Good idea for an event.. But... Eh what's the use.... Goodnight

Amelio
02-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Ticket response is a very long long wait.. IF your lucky to even get one...And what's happening now...with this Valenti event and server errors, lost ruby's etc.... These issues will not be addressed.. Acknowledged or fixed ! IN TIME!!! as the clock goes.. So does our chances of Completing the event.. We all know that.. So really ? They should just end the event and call it a bust.... I'm not angry.. These issues are nothing new..This is just a weekly, monthly thing with events... In the end.. All players who've lost energy and drops due to server errors ? Will NEVER get compensated. It's how Gree does things... I for one had complimented Gree on bringing back old health and energy boost units.. LOVE IT... they went old school... Plus new units to buy.. New equipment.. AWESOME!! KEEP DOING THAT!! But this event, right now... 1 of two options.. Keep going and see how far you can get? Or just save your gems for war!

E-I
02-15-2016, 06:14 PM
The number of server errors you get is borderline ridiculous. It is a massively flawed event and anyone who wastes money on it is insane. Even if you throw massive amounts of gems into each day you are unlikely to be able to craft all six items, let alone 12 items.

E-I
02-15-2016, 06:26 PM
These issues will not be addressed.. Acknowledged or fixed ! IN TIME!!! as the clock goes.. So does our chances of Completing the event.. We all know that.. So really ? They should just end the event and call it a bust.... .

It's a stupid event. It was a dumb in many, many ways. But even dumber was to release a new-style event over a holiday weekend, when customer support won't get around to the backlog of tickets until well after the event is over.

Jomama1
02-15-2016, 06:31 PM
I think the idea of linking ILTQ with Crafting is nice.

However, adding random chance to turn it into another hated box event is horrible. Worse, you made two elements random so that the low probabilities multiply with with other to get a success rate. This turns it into a high gem event with no guarantee of success.

The bad far outweighs the good. And there is no joy when a free player doesn't even have a reasonable chance of finishing one of the two quest chains.

Jnsolberg
02-15-2016, 08:16 PM
Arrrgghhh.....just got 3 "server errors" in a row. These items are hard enough to get to drop in the first place. I lost over 20 rubies, and so far today I've lost @ 15 blood vials

Gree, this is terrible!

Please cancel drop based LTQs u till you get the server errors fixed.

That means the Bear Drop quest in two days. I'm not even going to bother with this BS anymore.

Ddd123
02-15-2016, 08:50 PM
Another thing to think about is how these events scale to lower level players.
I'm glad the experience is more reasonable, but the energy requirement seems is very high.
My full bar is around 600, so I could kill 6 at a time yesterday with 100 energy per hit.
Today, it's only 4 at 150 energy per hit and I'm guessing tomorrow will only be three at 200 energy per hit.
Coupled with the low drop rate, I'm giving up trying to get 10 today, so I won't even try tomorrow.

Assault and Flattery
02-15-2016, 08:58 PM
Hey guys, we're aware of the server errors issues and are working on a fix. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Gendur
02-15-2016, 11:07 PM
crafting epics with rubies seemed to be doable, many got it in the first 2 tries, some had to craft 4 times

crafting epics with blood vials seems impossible, I havent heard of anyone succeeding even after 11 tries….

maybe GREE should check into this

Assault and Flattery
02-16-2016, 12:10 AM
Server errors should be occurring much less frequently now!

Amelio
02-16-2016, 02:27 AM

How about not occurring at all ? That would be better !

Amelio
02-16-2016, 02:30 AM
Hey guys, we're aware of the server errors issues and are working on a fix. Apologies for the inconvenience!

This is a waste of time! I've lost a bunch of ruby's YESTERDAY from the server errors! So it's basically POINTLESS TO CONTINUE! You roll out a NEW event.. With errors.. (Nothing new) and then we send tickets in... And all we get is..."I will pass your feedback on to the developers for future references" we are left Holding our &$&$! With no compensation whatsoever

Amelio
02-16-2016, 02:37 AM
crafting epics with rubies seemed to be doable, many got it in the first 2 tries, some had to craft 4 times

crafting epics with blood vials seems impossible, I havent heard of anyone succeeding even after 11 tries….

maybe GREE should check into this

Yesterday's 24hr event for Ruby's was a disaster... I SHOULD of had close to 100 ruby's.. Server errors took care of that... And I also never got my energy back either

Today's 24hr event for The Vile of Drider Blood is a disaster.... AGAIN server errors deleted ALL OF MY Viles of Drider Blood, with the exception of 20...and energy vanished along with them!!!

NOW 3 hours later???? I can't even get 1 Vile of Drider Blood to drop ! I've used 5,000 energy and NOT ONE DROP FOR ME! Not to mention the crafting I have done... no Epics on the boots.... This is just a complete waste of time, energy and $$$$... I'll take a break until this event ends...

Lord Vyper
02-16-2016, 03:44 AM
my two cents (beside server errors):

first of all thx for trying something new - the combination LTQ/crafting is good. Combining two random parts makes the event frustrating and nearly impossible to finish. My big account needed 70 rubys to get 1 epic talisman. Doing the math for the chance to get the missing 5 epic parts told me to stop and not to use gems.
Possible solution: 1 wrapper for epic and another wrapper (smaller unit/boost) for normal.... that way everyone would have a chance to get at least something.

Jnsolberg
02-16-2016, 05:00 AM
NOW 3 hours later???? I can't even get 1 Vile of Drider Blood to drop ! I've used 5,000 energy and NOT ONE DROP FOR ME! Not to mention the crafting I have done... no Epics on the boots.... This is just a complete waste of time, energy and $$$$... I'll take a break until this event ends...

Same here, @ 30 kills in a row without a drop. Maybe this is how Gree "fixed" the "server error"
Since the errors were occurring only when we got a drop, eliminate the drops altogether! Problem solved!

Zepson
02-16-2016, 05:35 AM
Thanks to all for your feedback, now I know for certain it's best to quit this ridiculous quest.
Thanks again to all for saving me some (a lot?) of gems :o

E-I
02-16-2016, 06:20 AM

Awesome that you guys fixed the server problem after day 1 has already finished, so we have no chance of collecting rubies. Bang up job Gree! Nice of you to release it over a holiday weekend when nobody is working. You thought this one out really well!

sdunn00
02-16-2016, 06:55 AM
No server errors but only 2 drops on a 2100 energy bar.....???? Very disappointing and not a way to encourage gem use with such a low drop rate.

Jomama1
02-16-2016, 08:16 AM
Well after two successful crafts I hit a wall, and it's now impossible for me to finish even 1 chain as I cannot even gem for rubies. Frankly, I think I was lucky to get as far as I did.

It is fairly clear to me that the chance of finishing either chain is so low that it is highly unlikely that even 1 player will finish for free, and I suspect that less than ten will finish with gems - my bet is less than 5, maybe even 0. That's finishing even 1 chain.

What is the point of making an event that is effectively impossible to finish? Did you do this on purpose or do your developers not understand that random percentages multiply and quickly get very low? It's a serious question...

Jnsolberg
02-16-2016, 08:26 AM
Well after two successful crafts I hit a wall, and it's now impossible for me to finish even 1 chain as I cannot even gem for rubies. Frankly, I think I was lucky to get as far as I did.

It is fairly clear to me that the chance of finishing either chain is so low that it is highly unlikely that even 1 player will finish for free, and I suspect that less than ten will finish with gems - my bet is less than 5, maybe even 0. That's finishing even 1 chain.

What is the point of making an event that is effectively impossible to finish? Did you do this on purpose or do your developers not understand that random percentages multiply and quickly get very low? It's a serious question...

I still have 30 rubies left, but I've gone through 60 Blood potions today with only 1 Rare craft. I'm done with this low probability quest.

Gree, we do appreciate the attempt with a new quest, but low drop rate - "server errors" * low craft rate = huge frustration.

Why would we want to continue to play a frustrating game. Sooner or later you will make it so unpleasant to play, that we will stop gemming and eventually stop playing.

belgario
02-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Like several others, I too like the idea that Gree is trying to change things up a little to keep the game interesting. What is frustration for my guild mates and me (beyond the server errors which I will address below) is the uncertainly of crafting an epic item. I much prefer to know how many gems I need to spend to obtain an item. And boy, I sure hoped that 100 extra rubies would be enough. In all my previous crafting experience, I rarely had to craft something more than 2 or 3 times to get a piece of epic equipment. But some of my guildmates have exhausted their supplies of rubies by not being able to get an epic item after crafting 6-10 times. You might call that the "luck factor" and it is, but they would call it a waste of time and money.

As for server errors, I found yesterday that if I vaulted or hit my battle list after every single hit, I would not get a server error. Was this painful?...YES!! It took tons more time than it should have.

NOW, I've noticed the drop rate for Vials of Drider Blood have dropped significantly. (Ticket sent) I will wait a couple more hours and try again, but am about fed up trying to farm and will just hope and pray that the inventory of items I have saved will get me the last 3 beasts I need to craft an epic of. We will see. I just hope it wasn't an epic (pun intended) fail for me and huge waste of time and gems.

Hobbs
02-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Wow,I didn't realise you needed to craft until you got EPIC ITEMS!
Really GREE? You having a laugh?
Not only are drops random but crafts are too,what an absolute Joke,I just hope people do not fall for this rubbish and save their money.
The Remaining GEMS I have are the LAST I will buy for this poor excuse of a game,one step closer to Deleting this game,if it wasn't for the people you share guild with it would have happened long ago,we are all getting tired of this Crap.
EPIC FAIL FROM THE GAME COMPANY WHO SPECIALISE IN THEM!!

Vile Lynn
02-16-2016, 12:19 PM
Enjoyed the back story, A&F! Thank you for letting us post feedback in your sticky thread.

I think this event would have been better without the random drop rate from NPC kills. Making it hard to get the items and even harder to craft was just too frustrating. Would you gem more if it wasn't a random chance? TBH, I've never crafted anything worthwhile that I couldn't buy or earn better a few months later.

Jnsolberg's suggestion about having a "Crafting Day" after the 3 days of collecting is a great idea.

I hope the developers listen to the players... just to change things up for once. This can be a great new event to replace Trials!

GilArt
02-16-2016, 01:14 PM
Read all the posts, and agree with most. I, too, list my Epic Ruby Golem.... I was quite happy I got it, and quite POed when it suddenly wasn't there.

I have to agree totally with those who are against so many "chance" things happening. Chance X chance X chance = Absolutely No Chance. Tried 3 times to get an Epic prize today, but no cigar. That was 30 vials wasted. Add to that, out of the last 20 kills, I got 2 prizes.... Can't save up much for Crafting for the next step in the event.

MUCH too oriented toward the major Gem users. I understand Gree needs to have income to continue development of the game.... but I simply can't afford what they want. I am sure many other players feel the same.

Yes, I applaud Gree trying something new, but this is too rich for my blood. I know Apple users have more than average amounts of cash (otherwise they would be using Anderoid devices!), but please try to make some allowances for players not in the Top 25. I've completely given up on my mini because it is so frustrating trying to compete with much, much, MUCH stronger players. This event makes very evident the discrepancies! If someone is just starting the game today, I don't see what's here to make them continue playing.

Gil

Wow,I didn't realise you needed to craft until you got EPIC ITEMS!
Really GREE? You having a laugh?
Not only are drops random but crafts are too,what an absolute Joke,I just hope people do not fall for this rubbish and save their money.
The Remaining GEMS I have are the LAST I will buy for this poor excuse of a game,one step closer to Deleting this game,if it wasn't for the people you share guild with it would have happened long ago,we are all getting tired of this Crap.
EPIC FAIL FROM THE GAME COMPANY WHO SPECIALISE IN THEM!!

GilArt
02-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Oops.... not vials yesterday.... Rubies.

IPassButter
02-16-2016, 04:01 PM
We recognize that the server issues suffered by our players were incredibly problematic during this event and we apologize for the frustration and confusion they caused. We will continue looking into this issue and make sure it is fixed before putting similar events into the schedule. We would also like to acknowledge your frustration with the drop rates and the structure of the event. Rest assured we will take your concerns into account before building similar events in the future.

For the remainder of this event we have made the following changes:

1.) Rubies and vials of drider blood are now in the store and can be purchased with gold.
2.) The drop rate for red ore has been changed to 100%
3.) The crafting recipes and crafting goals will remain active for an extra 24 hours.

Thank you

Vile Lynn
02-16-2016, 04:24 PM
We recognize that the server issues suffered by our players were incredibly problematic during this event and we apologize for the frustration and confusion they caused. We will continue looking into this issue and make sure it is fixed before putting similar events into the schedule. We would also like to acknowledge your frustration with the drop rates and the structure of the event. Rest assured we will take your concerns into account before building similar events in the future.

1.) Rubies and vials of drider blood are now in the store and can be purchased with gold.
3.) The crafting recipes and crafting goals will remain active for an extra 24 hours.

Thank you

WOW! Thank you!
If I could have posted it bigger, I would have! ;) ;) ;)
This is Awesome!!

QueBall
02-16-2016, 06:18 PM
2 Reports now of players completing the Armory quest line and the Were Polar Bears disappearing from their Glacial Pass making them unable to continue collecting red ore fragments so they can try for the Bestiary quest line. Please fix.

Ryosaeba
02-16-2016, 06:24 PM
Just want to remind you all that when you're looking for the potions and ruby in the special store, be careful when scrolling as an accident touch could waste your gems buying useless stuff (like I did with the Extra Ally).

Vile Lynn
02-16-2016, 07:03 PM
2 Reports now of players completing the Armory quest line and the Were Polar Bears disappearing from their Glacial Pass making them unable to continue collecting red ore fragments so they can try for the Bestiary quest line. Please fix.

I think the Were Polar Bear is a regular NPC in Glacial Pass... From my experiences thru farming and map leveling, sometimes a specific NPC will not come back after being killed several times. If you kill another NPC, the Were Polar Bear might appear again. Not sure if that's what going on exactly or if exiting the game or map will help. Thanks for posting, QueBall

belgario
02-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Well Done, GREE! I'm amazed the player base hasn't responded! BUT you sure fixed it! You've made it so that light gemmers can now get both prizes and MAYBE a few free players can now get one of them. That is SURE to appease the majority of players...shouldn't it? The only ones that got the raw deal were the moderate and heavy gemmers that farmed enough potions to get the prizes without your intervention and spent gems refilling to get the first two days drops that can now be purchased for gold. I am sure you will get some tickets on those.

Chalk it up to a pilot project that went bad at one point and was too hard to recover from. But PLEASE learn from it and apply those learnings if you do this type of event again:
-Server errors just made people mad.
-Unknown drop rate for a limited time x unknown craft rate made it impossible to plan (as you advised) how many drops you would need.

Next time, my advice is to make all 3 drops available for all 3 days. At first I thought you made crafting harder, it certainly was for me (but not for all of my guild). Don't make crafting more difficult, PLEASE!

Reinnie1
02-16-2016, 07:39 PM
I think the Were Polar Bear is a regular NPC in Glacial Pass... From my experiences thru farming and map leveling, sometimes a specific NPC will not come back after being killed several times. If you kill another NPC, the Were Polar Bear might appear again. Not sure if that's what going on exactly or if exiting the game or map will help. Thanks for posting, QueBall

Nope, didn't work for me. Tried everything. Tried deleting. Were polar bear still missing.

Jnsolberg
02-16-2016, 07:40 PM

Yep, this happened to 2 members of my guild

Amelio
02-16-2016, 11:16 PM
Yep, this happened to 2 members of my guild

IM WONDERING ... WILL THE RED ORE be in the store to purchase tomorrow ?? IVE COLLECTED 20 and then a bunch of server errors popped up in a row and now I have only 3 RED ORE.. AND LOST ALL THE ENERGY USED GETTING THOSE... SO it's obvious the server errors are still happening ...

JamieF
02-17-2016, 12:14 AM
Same problem here, still the server errors with the Red Ores disappearing... ARGHH

Frostpocket
02-17-2016, 12:28 AM
I welcome the adjustments made by GREE and that they were done, in a timely manner and that this was explained to us. I also welcome the time extension and would hope that we can buy ore in the store after the current mob quest expires. What would be nice, would be for the chance of crafting epics to be adjusted slightly, in the favour of the player; purely to assist with all the initial frustration, brought about by the constant server errors and loss of rubies, on the first day.

The prizes are good and should be accessible to all, not just those who buy and use a lot of gems. Thank you for your attention to this quest. It is much appreciated.

JamieF
02-17-2016, 02:52 AM
Some people seem to be lucky with crafting, others are not. I am one of them, around 10% chance now. LOL this is just terrible, the 'luck' factor in a crafting event.

Hobbs
02-17-2016, 04:51 AM

Thank you

Well gotta give credit where it is due...
Thanks for addressing the problems with this event and trying to find a quick and fair solution to them,good idea to make previous items available in store as this will help the players in this quest.
Still server errors but as you state you are working on them and let's hope that is fixed soon.
With some polishing this type of event could be a great addition.

Zepson
02-17-2016, 04:56 AM
I welcome the adjustments made by GREE and that they were done, in a timely manner and that this was explained to us. I also welcome the time extension and would hope that we can buy ore in the store after the current mob quest expires.

What? Can you believe this guy? You get the rubies and vials for free (100 gold a piece is as good as free) and now you want the ore put up for 100 gold as well???
So, in brief, you want a +10% alliance attack unit for free!
And this while others spend a big amount of gems stacking up on rubies and vials on day 1 & 2.
Thanks Gree, a new rush to the exit...

Reinnie1
02-17-2016, 05:27 AM
What? Can you believe this guy? You get the rubies and vials for free (100 gold a piece is as good as free) and now you want the ore put up for 100 gold as well???
And this while others spend a big amount of gems stacking up on rubies and vials on day 1 & 2.

Agree! I spent close about a mtn gems on day 1 & 2 so I can load up on the ruby & vial, only to find out on 3rd day that it's on sell for 100gold a piece.
Does that mean I should ask Gree for my gems back??!!

E-I
02-17-2016, 05:40 AM
Thank you for resolving the problems. Please take what you learned from this quest when designing future quests. :)

Frostpocket
02-17-2016, 08:33 AM

No, I asked whether the ore was going be placed in the store for the remaining hours, once the bears are no longer available for hitting, so that all objects can be purchased during the last hours of the event. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear. Having that option however, doesn't guarantee the epic units; it merely allows the same access to ore, vials and rubies equally. It was merely a question.

That you spent gems on the event, which when you spent them, was risky, is your choice. GREE has acknowledged errors at the beginning of the event, which it has addressed. I have taken advantage of the crafting and have mixed success and not obtained full requirements for either; so not free. I was merely asking if the final day would allow the purchase of ore.

You spent the money on gems, not I. I wasn't going to do that, with the errors and problems which meant that gem use was for me, not an option then, as for me it was too great a risk and not beneficial, for me. You can take that issue up with GREE, if it aggrieves you so.

Incidentally, I'm not a 'guy'. I'm a grown up woman, who is playing what is after all, a game. I'm also a moderate gem user; just not for this quest. I'm very sorry if that peeves you. Off to hit some bears!

Stark.
02-17-2016, 08:38 AM
The Saint Valenti's Armor (normal and epic) are not showing up in my inventory. Others in my guild are reporting the same issue.

truthteller
02-17-2016, 08:52 AM

Hmmm................After 17 tries crafting the Noble Ent, and I still yet to get the EPIC unit...............wonder is the "chance" of getting it is less than 1%
I do not even want to think what the "chance" for the dragon will be

guess I am done wasting my time here

Jnsolberg
02-17-2016, 09:29 AM
Hmmm................After 17 tries crafting the Noble Ent, and I still yet to get the EPIC unit...............wonder is the "chance" of getting it is less than 1%
I do not even want to think what the "chance" for the dragon will be

guess I am done wasting my time here

I play 4 toons, 3 of them got the Epic Ent, but one has failed 16 times now. He still needs the Dragon Mount also (4 fails)

I think I'll wait an hour or so th try again, maybe my luck will change, lol

Maybe I'll try tomorrow, lol

IPassButter
02-17-2016, 11:28 AM
The issue with Saint Valenti's armor not showing up in the inventory is known and a fix is on the way.

Hobbs
02-17-2016, 12:35 PM
The issue with Saint Valenti's armor not showing up in the inventory is known and a fix is on the way.

The issue with server errors and disappearing Red Ore is still occurring,just had it happen twice after using energy refills......
Do you have a plan of action for this?
Will we get the refills/Gems returned to us due to this issue and if so how do we get them back as we all know tickets are usually ignored or we get a canned response of "event has finished and we cannot do anything now"
Or will Red Ore be available in store like other elements?
Would appreciate an answer on this and thanks for taking time to update us on the issues with this event.

belgario
02-17-2016, 02:50 PM
The issue with server errors and disappearing Red Ore is still occurring,just had it happen twice after using energy refills......
Do you have a plan of action for this?
Will we get the refills/Gems returned to us due to this issue and if so how do we get them back as we all know tickets are usually ignored or we get a canned response of "event has finished and we cannot do anything now"
Or will Red Ore be available in store like other elements?
Would appreciate an answer on this and thanks for taking time to update us on the issues with this event.

Good luck with that, Hobbs! Since GREE is refusing to compensate me for spending Gems the first 2 days, I doubt they will do anything in the way of compensation for you. Hopefully, those not done were not waiting on a miracle of being able to buy the ore the last day...they had plenty of time like I did, to use gems and get ore in day 3. The last day as I understand it, was meant to give you time to craft.

BUT, I can be surprised and will be even more disappointed if Gree sells ore for gold in this extended day.

Noor
02-17-2016, 02:58 PM
It might be my first post but I have been a reading member for a long time, as you can see if you check the joined date. �� I know there have been a lack of response, but I have also noticed that someone seems to really try to do something different, and I think that is great. Complaining is one thing, namecalling is a whole different matter. Gree employees are humans, not machines, and they should, no matter how annoying errors in the game is, be treated like lther human beings.

Good post noor - I agree like the fact it is a different format - will I finish don't know but like that it is different format and they have listened - the exp changed and they fixed the error on the staff.
They fixed a lot of bugs this event, wich was awsome. Someone is clarely trying to do something good/fun in the game and I really like it. This kind of quests are a lot better than trials, at least after the fix.
Only thing is that the bears were only available for 23 hours, not 24.. Other than that, bugs were fixed, stuff were rectified and now on to crafting and hopefully get the wrappers.

IPassButter
02-17-2016, 03:24 PM
The fix for the armory error should now be complete. If you crafted a Saint Valenti's Armor or Epic Saint Valenti's Armor, it should now appear in your inventory.

dpille
02-18-2016, 02:01 PM
Agree! I spent close about a mtn gems on day 1 & 2 so I can load up on the ruby & vial, only to find out on 3rd day that it's on sell for 100gold a piece.
Does that mean I should ask Gree for my gems back??!!

No, it just means that as usual Gree has changed a quest mid-stream. I think it's for exactly the possibility of situations like yours that they should never change stuff in the middle, no matter how badly they've screwed it up. It's he only way to make sure there's a level playing field.

I post that thought with some regularity, though, and they obviously don't listen to me.

Zepson
02-22-2016, 04:11 AM
I post that thought with some regularity, though, and they obviously don't listen to me.

They don' listen to anyone!
And no, you will not get your gems back. I sent a ticket for that, response: no refund, case closed, neat!

Ddd123
02-22-2016, 08:51 PM

The server errors are still present.
It took me 5 tries to kill one Blade Mage on the last event and I've had trouble killing at least one mob on this event.
You do not always get back the energy you lost.
It is very frustrating to try to do these ILTQs.

Any news on when these errors will stop occurring?